Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends! I will be pretty unable to participate fully until Monday, but then I will give it my all.

Death to PMom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm probably not the greatest at combat, but I'll go if I have to.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My scumtell is posting a lot of big elaborate cases and also lots of shitposting. If I'm posting a lot I'm scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know if I have any. I try to play my standard game regardless of alignment. But occasionally, if I'm on a scum team with someone with an important power or something, I won't go after them even if I normally would. For the most part I bus ruthlessly though and go after the same people I would if I were town.

Your scumtell is agreeing with me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Real talk, KB your scumtell is that your scum cases aren't as good as your town cases. They don't feel as logically consistent, and are always quite a bit weaker and require more stretching to fit.

Also you do tend to buddy up when you're scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Again, I want my offer out there: If a scum wants to change alignment and hang in the thread I am giving them an opportunity to do so.

You can know I'm not scum because I would take this offer in a heartbeat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
oh hey merk is in this game.

I bet he's scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So has D1 started? I forget how the combat location and the lynch choices work,

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We are clearly better in every way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Verr posted:

this my first mafia game in probably 5 years and the first on SA. what do i do

First you make a joke vote on someone for any reason whatsoever.

Then a few days later you make up a reason for why it's a real vote and convince people to go along with it until they are dead.

Repeat as necessary.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote KB because I keep forgetting his avatar is animated and then it makes me feel like I'm going insane when it moves.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Ecco is being a dumb rules lawyer but while that makes her scum irl I don't think it necessarily makes her scum in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Verr posted:

Here's my attempt at a code:

NERDSSSSSSS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also to confuse the new people more, Ecco you are being winvirus right now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree with merk. I could see Ecco misrepresenting KB as a misunderstanding, but now she's doing the same thing with merk when he couldn't have been clearer.

##vote Ecco

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know Rarity was in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

you should unvote verr though TMM, him focusing so much on battle stuff leans town. If he were scum he'd just post the info in his scumdoc and not be so up front with it.

:siren:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
TMM is absolutely right in that focusing on battle stuff is a way for scum to participate without having to form opinions. It's also a good way to role fish.

Ecco actively defending him makes me double :siren: :siren:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

FoxTerrier posted:

Asiina could you explain to me how Ecco misrepresented merk? I'm not seeing it, but you seem to.

merk posted:

I voted you because your attempt to spark content went nowhere and you made no attempt to make it go anywhere but nowhere.

EccoRaven posted:

"you asked for content and it didn't help!"

This isn't just rephrasing, this is actively changing what he meant. There is a difference between asking for content and it not helping, and asking for content with no purposeful followup.

Also after making up quotes about KB saying his scum game is "perfect" which is a thing he never said, it feels like Ecco is just trying to reframe things to fit what she wants rather than actually looking at people honestly.

One or the other on their own wouldn't be enough to vote on, but together it begins to paint a picture. It's a scum mindset.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I didn't realize deadline is tonight and I just had to skip 200 posts because I'm not going to be available basically from now until the deadline. (I handed in my paper and in about 30 minutes I'm going to be traveling between cities for 3 hours) I have maybe 5 minutes right now, why is diqnol voting for me? Why are we not killing Ecco and Verr?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Because they're town and the votes on them are wrong/scum.

Nah.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Why do you believe Verr is scum?

The focus on battleposts and making reads based on what people said they could do in battle pinged me. But like I said, I skipped 200 posts so I don't know if this has changed. It's been a hell of a day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, time is up and I'm gone now and won't be back until after deadline.

Don't lynch me tia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm using wifi at a truck stop on the highway.

I'm the cop you dumb motherfuckers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am not moving my vote.

Okay back on the road.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have been wounded. I investigated diqnol, so of course he died. I was deciding between diqnol, ecco, and merk.

Also since the cat is out of the bag, I have role reason to believe that Madman is town, but they are not investigation related reasons and I will say absolutely nothing more on the subject.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

why wouldn't you investigate me? the person you've been saying was scum all game and who was a key player in pretty much every case made yesterday?

Because you are not the only person in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I'm really bummed out by your choice.

me 2

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

yeah gosh sorry asiina but the more I think about it the more I dislike you not investigating me last night. it feels like a scum CYA move, since if you say I'm scum you're dying tomorrow but if you say I'm town you lose momentum on an "easy vote" (or at least easier than other votes).

please provide your thinking soon.

No

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Hey Asiina, I have a question for you: McDreamy or McSteamy?

McSteamy 4 lyfe.

Also ##vote Verr

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Really? McDreamy doesn't give you a twinge?

Think about it.

idgi

I might have read your original breadcrumb wrong?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I know who the cop is in the other thread. Should I out them? Is that kosher?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I just realized I read something about my role PM wrong and now I wish I didn't investigate Diqnol even more.

Damnit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

It's April Fool's Mafia all over again!

(that is the one where you were a Brutal Doctor, right?)

No that's the one where I was scum and got dayvigged by my own scumteam 5 hours into the game.

TMMadman posted:

No, it's cool if you got it from the breadcrumb. I know the flavor name of someone out there due to my role PM and if you were that person I think you would have gotten it. It's not a big deal and you not getting it has no bearing on whether I think you are town or scum.

Tell me, does anything from the last page of the other thread stand out to you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Which page number? Are you talking about Soag talking about being Legendary?

The latest page.

Also I'm pretty pissed about this game and the lovely bandwagon on me when a) I said how busy I would be in my very first post in this game and then b) when I was around for a limited amount of time (and announced that) nobody had anything to say and then as soon as I leave a bandwagon starts based on bullshit.

I just had the hardest 3 weeks of my life trying to write a paper that will determine if I have to quit grad school or not and now I'm back at home with my mom because we are celebrating the anniversary of my father's death. So very sorry I wasn't giving this D1 my full attention, which is exactly what I said I wouldn't do, but I was given an important role so when I check my phone and see I'm about to die without defending myself I have no choice but to claim.

So I kinda don't give a poo poo about any of you and what you think. I will investigate until I am NK'd or until some dumb scum assholes try to build a case to get me lynched because I'm a bad cop, but I'm done caring about actually doing anything in this game.

tl;dr screw all y'all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I think 100yrs is their cop because his passive sounds like my passive and what he is describing is my connection to Madman, if I'm reading Madman's breadcrumb right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I would think that if you've got a connection to me then you might have gotten the McDreamy/McSteamy thing. Although I guess there could be other connections to me.

Then you might not be the person I'm looking for and the breadcrumb was just coincidence, cause even though I am rewatching Grey's Anatomy right now in another window, I don't see the reference.

There is someone out there I'm connected to though, but I don't know who the player is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the connection doesn't make a huge amount of difference unless we go into battle together, but since I'm the cop and I can't battle and use my cop at the same time I should never go into battle anyway, so really it doesn't matter.

It's just likely that the person I am connected to is town, whoever they are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm phone posting still but Verr was around for my claim, responded to it, but didn't change votes, while saying I should be lynched if not nk'd. This combined with scummy play earlier in D1 is why I am voting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It says I was assaulted when walking around the camp. :shrug:

• Locked thread