Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

what i dont understand is, if it's going to be one option per gender, why not the butler/maid. theyre in every route. it's way simpler than the nonsense they came up with.

i can get the one option per gender thing, babysteps and all, i can even sort of get no kids since gay adoption is in a weird place in japan and not to mention this is a game mostly made by old japanese dudes, but why do lesbians go to hoshido and gay men go to nohr.

well i'm a gay man and i'm gonna play nohr, maybe the devs know something we don't

(also i too am unhappy that the homosexual marriage element was implemented poorly but considering this is like, the first nintendo game where someone can be gay i will take it and hope for better moving forward)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

marty, the man whom dagda loved

fire emblems before the gba one with eliwood in it don't exist

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i corrected it!!!!! the s and the a are right beside each other, bitch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So what were your scores from the chart in the OP?

i didn't read the op

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Birthright 2
Conquest 2
Huniepop 2
Daikatana 1

I don't know who John Romero is tough

he helped make a couple of good games and then decided to use DAIKATANA's budget on cocaine

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I think I'll marry Velour so I don't miss any kids (though I doubt I'll get them all anyways with no grinding on Nohr) and also so Kanna will be a wolf dragon, the most powerful of deviantart OCs.

you know what, this sounds like a powerful idea, and i'm gonna steal it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also the red riding hood motif is cute so she was already one of the top girls imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Counterargument: You have to play as a male Corrin to marry Velour.

i don't see the problem, i'll play as female in birthright if i ever get it (i probably won't i'm gonna be burned out on FE after Conquest most likely)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I haven't bought a physical copy of a game since 2011.

i prefer physical copies, the only digital game i have is Digimon Cyber Sleuth and that's only cause it didn't have a physical release on the Vita

oh and FF X-2 but that's the same deal of course

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Sully and chrom were good childhood friends that was never to be because galeforce

i married sully and chrom, they're a cute couple

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

memes are good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Because Conquest is for cool people, but cool people will get both. :c00lbert: The kind of lame-o who wouldn't get both would more likely be the type to get Birthright.

it took me 2 years to play thru Awakening, i'm only buying conquest cause there's no point in wasting money

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

awakening is bad, but fates is good. i hope this helps

the reason it took me 2 years wasn't cause i didn't like it, it's cause i just don't play video games like i used to

i'm not a kid anymore

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

im an adult with a job, and i am going to beat fates in a week

even if i didn't have a job i would still take a couple months at least to beat it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my goal is 3 months, cause after that i'm moving 1000 miles away and i'm not gonna feel like playing any videogames for a while after the move, as i'll be trying to get socially integrated with people

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there's what, 29 chapters in Conquest? yeah i think i can do it *tightens bandanna*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Make sure to max out your A supports so you can unlock more classes.

can't wait to class change into Gay Coke Dealer

Tae posted:

Not gaiden, paralogues, or mycastle defense missions

oh yeah, obviously i wanna do some of the kid's chapters, however i'm not sure if the defense missions are really that important? like do they actually affect progress or is it just to get levels/items?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it's gonna be rad when the next fire emblem only has gay marriage

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
samurai pizza cats taught me that more translations should just be thrown away and just have everyone say whatever you think is good at that moment

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

wow, i didn't know you could take video of me playing this game from the future

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

So CorrinM can marry the actual lesbian but CorrinF can't. :geno:

thanks, can't wait to have this argument happen again

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

dwyer owns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Pirate isn't even a class in Fates.

Making Ross a pirate always felt wrong, cause he idolizes his dad, but he was the only option for Pirate so i had to do it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I don't even think it was a good class, but we all have to make sacrifices

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I do remember Berserker Ross being unstoppable, I just couldn't remember if he could also get it going down the Fighter path

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also Knight Amelia was pretty good, but she was my favorite character in Stones so i'm biased as heck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Fighter's options were Warrior and Hero, same as always.

I don't really like Fighters in any of the games i've played so I don't really remember what they class change into cause I mostly bench them after the first few chapters

Yes I know that means I'm usually missing Ax-Users but eh I can deal with it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Well, rejoice, for this game is the exception and lets them promote to Berserkers :haw:

Because Warrior isn't a thing.

Oh yeah, I like that change

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also ladies can be berserkers.

double oh yeah, i like that change

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

they removed all the gender-exclusive classes (except for dlc classes, but at least girls can be dread fighters)

this is a good change

ah man, this game is gonna be great, can't believe i have to wait 24 hours to play it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my male av is gonna be able to ride a winged horse, i can't believe the future is now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MotU posted:

haven't been able to listen to it since I'm at work!!!!!

on the plus side i got fired so i can play fates the second it is out

shouldn't have spent all that time posting on the internet

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Senerio posted:

Also they're Sky Knights in this game.

this is a renaming i am not as happy with, since you know, it's an iconic class, but whatever still gonna make a bunch of men ride the winged ponies

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
"riding the winged pony" is gonna be how i describe snorting Coke from now on

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

it's okay, everyone here is going to buy all three eventually

gotta buy a new memory card to do that....but yeah you're probably right, if the 3ds servers are still online 3 years from now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

Birthright:
Shura will join if you spare him. If you execute him, you get some Boots.

whew, thats a hard decision, they better be real good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dogsicle posted:

man, i could see the Shura thing being an actual choice if they had it in routes other than Conquest. killing one of the few(?) archers there for a pair of boots seems dumb

but, i can make a mounted unit go halfway across the map in one turn...boots so good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

hello mandatory lesbian

sup friendo

hello toxx, i'm going to bed so i can wake up early to get fire emblem in the morning!...except im real bad at the going to sleep thing haha -_-

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

boots only boost movement by one now, but you get two of them per route. so essentially you get the same boost as before, you just have the option to split it among two units. but just one of them is less valuable now. still good tho.

you know that's for the best, giving +2 move is stupid if i'm being honest

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

except the japanese version of the support was actually pretty sweet and even the jp male version wasn't that stalker-y. She was a less exaggerated Tharja. The localization boosted her back up to being Tharja 2.0 instaed of Tharja 0.5. the translation exaggerates a lot of character traits anyway but it's really unfortunate that they did that to the one lesbian option in the game.

this is really disappointing to learn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

I was always under the assumption that you couldn't adopt the kid from the gay marriage during the game because of the logic problems involved. Like what the heck Kana would be if she wasn't actually your kid, since Kana's part dragon.

the world has magic in it, and pocket dimensions

• Locked thread