Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
peri and i share the same birthday...it's meant to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i love the nohr siblings a lot, too bad dad's kind of a dick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Is +Speed, -Defense good if I want to end up in a class where I can abuse Yato? Or would +Strength, -Def be better?

What class should I pick as my secondary if I'm playing Birthright? Something I can't otherwise have? What classes are limited to Nohr?

I have leveled up the av 4 times and only one of those times procced a HP or a def boost, I uh think you might want to have something else minused

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well just started this up. I got the Birthright version...Nohr seems kind of unambiguously evil in this version. Is that reversed in the other? Because otherwise I really don't see how anyone could side with them.

what's wrong with wanting to be the bad guy, fool

also i haven't gotten past the route split yet so i don't know if nohr is bad or if hoshido becomes bad it might turn out i'm not actually playing the villain

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I can kill those two dudes in the first chapter with no worries of not getting them back later, right? Kaze and Rinkah?

finish the chapter

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol the textboxes turn dark, cute touch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gunther is such a cool old guy and i'm gonna go ahead and assume he comes back from falling down the big pit at some point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

depends on your route

i'm on nohr, which i am increasingly hoping involves me killing Galon, cause holy crap is he just the worst

my siblings are still cool tho, i'm glad they're helping me out still

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i love Arthur's voice and character, i hate his actual stats and personal skill

it's a shame but i must bench him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh yeah, unintended problem i ran into, uh i made my Av in conquest Sky Knight as the secondary, but do I actually get any Naginatas to use?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Prism posted:

Spear and naginata equipping is the same. Anyone who can use one can use the other. I passed around my single javelin on Birthright to a whole bunch of naginata-users.

Brother Entropy posted:

Nagintas are just Lances, there's not an actual hard split between Lance users and Naginta users

oh shew, good, crisis averted

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raserys posted:

Do the Awakening mission, make him a Lord, marry him

he's not gay marriagable

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I just noticed that the character models look more beat up and bruised the less HP they have. That's a really neat detail.
Re: Mozu. I assume I need to level her to 10 or whatever before class-changing her a la Donny, right? And what's the recommended class for her (Birthright)

her growths as an Archer are better then Villager, and the Villager skill isn't even that great, i just Heart Sealed her as soon as the mission was done

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

So in Fates should I be using the pair up system heavily or just be clumping everyone together? because I'm doing the former since it was p much required for awakening

I have found Pairing up to not really be that useful since you don't get both people attacking anymore

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Actually something I've been wondering, does Attack Stance count as supporting for the purposes of skills like Felicia's? I don't think so but I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hell yeah!!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the more and more i go thru conquest the more and more i feel uneasy at how the MC's relationship with daddy reminds me of real life abusive relationships

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

surf rock posted:

There aren't any sites or resources that say "When X character is Y level, his stats should be such-and-such," right? Not even Serenes Forest has that, just base/maximum stats and growth rates. Enough to piece it together, I suppose, but that feels like more effort than it's worth.

stats are random

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

Characters have specific growth rates. So for instance, over 10 levels, a character will, on average, hit a 50% growth five times. This obviously isn't really how things play out in practice, but knowing the averages is still a useful guide to see if a character is overperforming or underperforming.

i get that, i was just being an rear end in a top hat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there was a reason i chose nohr...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Azama is arguably the strongest character that's not Ryoma in Birthright.

Mages are not remotely needed in Birthright because you have 3 Ninjas+Lancers that reduce defense, plus anti-armor shurikens come mid-game. I assume Magic is far more useful in Conquest when the only natural Ninja is Kaze.

odin kinda sucks, but Nyx seems alright

have no clue about how their statistics line up but i just don't like odin as a person so i'm not using him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
his name is iago, i'm sure he is a faithful retainer who will follow garon to the last

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the map in conquest with the pots was fun as heck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Anytime I regret going Conquest Takumi shows up to prove that yeah, i made the right decision

he is an irritating little poo poo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Selena just got a perfect level so i think maybe that means i should use her

sorry laslow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

i just hate his hair

peri, conversely, has fabulous hair

i'm marrying Peri, i hope my kid inherits her hair, but i doubt it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

IIRC, the kid does not inherit the pink tips Peri's hair has.

oh well

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Oh, dang, you can use heart seals whenever? I'm probably still gonna ditch Mozu because I don't have time to baby a level 1 unit, but how do they work in comparison to second seals from awakening? Like, from what I understand, Maid is a promoted class. If I use one on Felicia, will I get to choose between other promoted classes?

I kinda like Felicia but if I had known Maid was a promoted class earlier I'd probably have used her less than I currently have. :(

Mozu is worth it, she's been my little murder buddy for a while now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I really like how Leo explains that openly defying father is just a quick way to death and that they have been subverting his wants for a long time, everything about the Nohr siblings is so good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

I havent playes conquest, but its hard to imagine a knight better than a unit that has equally high defense and res, 1 more move, and debuffs enemies that live.

"i haven't played conquest, but i'm gonna talk out my rear end anyway"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

well you see one wears black and the other wears red...wait a minute

gently caress

batman is a better character then superman, once again conquest wins

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how did a man so concerned with justice become a soldier to the evil dad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

do his supports with azura

marry him to azura you say? sure why not

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I like this gold digger axe lady a lot. I'm going to marry her off to Xander.

I would use her but I like Beruka and Arthur way more and I don't really need a 3rd Ax user in the rotation

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

beruka - wyvern lord
arthur - hero
charlotte - berserker

bam, always axes

i don't think you understood my post, but that's okay

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Just like... a random furry, hanging around in an opera house, for some reason.

I like how Elise treats him like a puppy, is cute

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also if you reclass at level 20 on a different character you get the skills they would have gotten anyway, or at least i think that's how it works

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So unless i'm like completely looking in the wrong place Serene's forest doesn't actually have which kid is who's, is there like a place for that?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/

This has a list for who's who. Tabs for both Hoshidan and Nohrian characters.

Cool thanks, good to know i'm just an idiot -_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I married Peri, and lol the cutscene explaining children is dumber then i thought

• Locked thread