Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

The Christmassy CYOA continues! Do It You Elf! 3!!!

The third year of my Christmas-themed Advent Calendar-powered CYOA. Correctly guess what's behind today's door, and your chosen action happens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Decided to launch a campaign I've been eyeballing for a while to play some Warhammer Old World in my own game, grimDARK. BEHOLD, The Grimdarkening of the Old World:

OOC/Meta/Recruit
IC/Gameplay (not active yet)

Come get your grimDARK on!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
[CYOA/Shadowrun] BTLs Killed The Trideo Star - Being famous in the year '57

Sweet Cordial are a trideo streaming team in the year 2057. A troll gun-bunny, Serial, and her elf Street Samurai girlfriend, Cam record their Shadow Runs, illegal criminal operations in the dead of night. Live streaming it to a Trideo audience, and recording every sensation in their body so hyped up junkies can re-live their memories, we watch as you, their chat, either make them soar to new heights, or hit new and ever terrifying lows.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
The Canticle of the Traveler

No fancy image, because I don't know how to make one.

I started a game . It doesn't fit neatly into a genre. It's going to be interesting. It's going to be weird. Its going to be fun.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
While I'm figuring out how to bring BoT out of hiatus, why don't you all GO TO HELL:

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010
[CYOA/Lone Wolf] For Sommerland and the Kai!

Using the Cubicle 7 Lone Wolf RPG rules and modules. I'm going to be starting with 'The Lost Caravan' an adventure for four Kai Lords/Ladies.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

In Star Wars Sector Command, we explore the burning question of our times: "What if the Solomon Islands campaign, but Star Wars?" This is a full-up strategy game using a heavily-modded version of Solar Starfire to play out the shooty bits and covert skullduggery alike.

"But wait!" you might find yourself hypothetically asking, "I've never seen Starfire before and have no idea how to play!" Never fear, no game knowledge is required (and might actually be an advantage, given all the things I've had to do to it to Star Wars-ify things). Bring plans and ideas for dirty tricks, and maybe even make a leader to insert yourself into the action. Plan missions in as much or as little detail as you see fit, haggle with fellow Rebel goons over scarce resources, and order trusting soldiers to their deaths liberate the galaxy!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Decided to give myself another outlet for writing by having another shot at a WFRP 2e CYOA I've named All the World's a Stage.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Dusting off my Great Pendragon Campaign book with The Best of Knights. If you always loved the concept of running around being an Arthurian Knight but hated managing the laborious upkeep that Pendragon requires yourself, come check it out!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Keep on the Shadowfell: More Slicing, Less Dicing

Dungeons and Dragons, with all the complicated rules and clunky math stuffed away into the background!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Before we can CYOA in Starforged, we must first invent the universe. A pre-CYOA for world building has begin here.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Now that we built the world for Starforged, we can play in it. The Game thread is up!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Approx 3-4 month long Shadowrun CYOA has dropped, may extend it if I feel cute:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007651

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Hey there, just want to post here for anyone who dropped off Mega Frankenstein due to it getting combat heavy:
Mega Frankenstein Update in which we ARE DONE COMBAT FOR AWHILE. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969259&pagenumber=12#post525620836

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
I'm doing a Midjourney (text-to-image AI) dark fantasy CYOA game here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010423

Let's make lots of precious memories.

Ceramic Shot fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 20, 2022

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Trying something new - a rapid fire series of updates focusing on combat in the Age of Sail. Come get your pirate/privateer/sailor on.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018381

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LLSix posted:

Trying something new - a rapid fire series of updates focusing on combat in the Age of Sail. Come get your pirate/privateer/sailor on.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018381

Is there a possibility of seducing a manatee or dugong?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
My latest project, a CYOA in Runequest: Glorantha, is afloat:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024046

Let's embrace the crazy, gently caress gods and acquire cows!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey! CYOA folks! If you're about to start a CYOA game, or have one going that you'd like to be included in the forums-wide admin announcement of "things going on the forums of general or broad interest" please PM me and I can request it to be added to the next announcement! CYOAs are really cool and fun and randoms from everywhere on the forums can often just drop in and enjoy what's going on, so let's promote them!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
An experiment with a CYOA and ChatGPT. Come and build the story from the setting up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032197

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Heyo ye heya ye! The Kinglydong of Bestestia needs incredibly brave smart Troubleshooters like me to face off against, uh...

(checks notes)

...the kindly efforts of the Very Good Wizard!

(Headsup that a new CO-OP CYOA by the inestimable DogKisser has started, recruitment is way open, and players can jump in to join at any point, see gimmick below)

THE ROYAL TROUBLESHOOTERS posted:

The Very Good Wizard is a game of trying to fix stuff broken while trying to fix stuff. Each of you will be working together to attempt to solve problems caused by the Wizard’s lack of foresight without dying or getting horribly mutated or something.

Give me your name and a short one sentence description of your Troubleshooter and we’ll get things going properly once I draw up a few character cards.

Oh, also - with each post you make, kindly add a request from someone elsewhere in the kingdom. The prayers never cease!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Come check out my new dark fantasy CYOA, Rowangrave by the Sea: A Ravenloft Adventure, which takes place in the Dungeons & Dragons Ravenloft setting! This story will follow the adventures of Cirrus Mist in a land called Rowangrave. Participants will be able to vote to customize Cirrus's character traits, like race and class, and guide them down different paths as they struggle to combat dark forces. This adventure will feature combat and skill checks using the D&D 5e system.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I have my fair share of failed CYOA's but I thought I'd try again with a Warhammer 40K one. Gonna start from 0 and mix people choosing with random rolling.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037459

welfarestateofmind
Apr 11, 2020

"You are a violent and irrepressible miracle. The vacuum of cosmos and the stars burning in it are afraid of you. Given enough time you would wipe us all out and replace us with nothing -- just by accident."
You receive a mysterious package, a simple jewel-case containing an unmarked CD-ROM. Clearly having been copied from the sorce, underneath the CD itself is a piece of tape instructing you not to insert the disk. So, clearly, you hook up your old, unused drive, put the disk in, only to find that the program runs on... DOS? There's an incomprehensible readme and an absolutely gigantic hypertext manual that aren't much help, but driven by curiosity you pull up the command line, set up a virtual machine, and do the only thing that makes sense.

> RUN EVIL.EXE
https://vimeo.com/859999389

This Choose Your Old Adventure, a dark fantasy in a Dying Earth style setting following the rise not of a hero but a true villain, is presented partly the style of an old MS-DOS adventure game, with a slight metafictional twist in that the game seems to know it is being played and have intentions of its own. Tone is meant to be found somewhere between the Book of the New Sun and Heavy Metal, where we can both enjoy building a world together but also engage in some power fantasy. Read the Manual, make bad choices, do terrible things, and maybe lose your soul in the process.

It may also be a spiritual successor to a game I ran in a different life, a different time.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I bring to you that coveted of things: a two for one special! And they're Gloranthan! Specifically two Heroquest Games with CYOA element goodness in one discord server!

To Ride Free: The Liberation of Prax

Prax! Land of the animal nomads, who ride everything except horses. Prax! Where the storm bull crushed the devil under a cube. Prax! Where chaos turned the entire place into mad max on a bison. We, a clan of high llama riders have been granted a vision from the gods: our land, green and restored. In front of us stands every obstacle in the world: from the red moon to our own hate. But we shall overcome it and bring back the green age, even if we have to reassemble a titan made out of hyenas to do it.

Let The Sun Rise: Six Ages in Dara Happa

Dara Happans, the Assyrian-Aztec-Iranians that everyone hates. But, how do they see themselves? In the lands of the sun, the blessed empire of Dara Happa, the emperor is dead. Yelm, the provider of life has fallen from the sky and his throne is empty. His many sons squabble over the right to rule, dozens of lights staining the sky with their blood. The war of many suns has begun. But, backing a candidate and making them the new Emperor Sun is only the first step. Since his fall, many errors have creeped into our way of life: hate, fear and cruelty have made us worse than we should be. For the sun to rise again, we will have to learn tolerance, kindness and love.

If you want to watch, or want to play, Enter Here

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The Sage's Gifts: Forging Utopia

I am trying an experimental high-concept fantasy CYOA that will update around once a week. Expect plenty of questionable philosophies and fantasy politics as you forcefully uplift humanity into something beyond recognition. You can either play as a specific character or just vote like a regular CYOA.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Back Once Again With The Christmassy CYOA! Do It You Elf 5!

The fifth year of my Christmas-themed Advent Calendar-powered CYOA. Correctly guess what's behind today's door, and your chosen action happens!

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Hi all, I just posted a CYOA based on a homebrew roleplaying setting that I've used with friends for ages. Longtime lurker, joined Something Awful back in the 00s and lost my original account. I participated in CYOAs back when they were posted as Let's Plays and the like... unless that's a fabricated memory or fever dream.

Read through the rules. I think I'm doing this right? If I'm breaking some unspoken rule (or if my CYOA is garbage) please let me know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054347

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Death Is Not the End

Trying something a lot more stripped down and simpler than my other CYOA. It's an urban fantasy adventure with more of an emphasis on collaborative storytelling. Think Shadowrun, or World of Darkness. Settings like that.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 29, 2024