Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I used to think girls were all super chill about sex and not creepy at all. If you want to hold on to that belief then never, ever turn them down after you're alone with them and they're actively trying to sleep with you. I've only done it twice, once because I know she hosed a lot of guys and I realized I didn't have any condoms, and once because I was so drunk I was getting cold sweats and was going vomit any second. Both times resulted in complete "HOW DARE YOU, YOU MUST BE GAY!" style screaming meltdowns. It was weird to discover there are girls who think they are 100% owed sex once they decide to let you in their pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PallasAthene posted:

I have a coworker who says she doesn't particularly enjoy sex with men, but she gets PISSED when a guy doesn't want it from her. Partly because it hurts her self-image and partly because that's how she manipulates dudes into buying her stuff.

Yeah, you see a lot of insecurities spill out in that situation. I suppose when you've been told all your life that guys will gently caress anything and dudes hit on you left and right, you get into a mode where you have all the power to bestow sex on guys. So if you make a minor effort that you're not used to making, and then you get rejected, you think something must really be wrong with you and lash out. Still, you'd think the rage wouldn't come out so fierce if there were good reasons not to do it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Chomp8645 posted:

Seeing a woman melt down about not getting sex is basically 100% pure distilled schadenfreude to a nice guy.

Nice guys would never find themselves in that position. Sex is the holy grail.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He'd probably be pissed at the dude for turning it down. Like if someone won the lottery and they decided not to cash in the ticket.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PallasAthene posted:

Until she starts throwing around the old "Well maybe I can just get it from someone else right now" bit. This chick got pissed off at a long-term-live-in boyfriend because she felt like he was losing interest in loving her around the time she wanted a new car, so she hosed his brother. When he got pissed off, her brilliant plan was to win him back by crying while she said sorry, then dazzling him with her amazing sexual skills, "all the weird stuff he likes that I only do on his birthday, like doggy style and me on top" and when that didn't work, she hosed his brother and texted him pictures.

He had a lovely girlfriend and a lovely brother. She never got a new car, but he got a new girlfriend a few months ago who is really nice.

A server I work with just banged her boyfriend's brother. Her bf was lovely and basically stopped sleeping with her for like a year. But drat, just break up or at least sleep with some other dude that isn't related. No reason to tear a family apart. People get killed for that sort of thing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

thats just some restaurant drama poo poo my dude

She told me herself and were broken up a week later. I suppose she could be lying, but why?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

Front of house is nuts bro you shouldn't need us to tell you that.

I know but it's usually people making up stories about each other.

Edit: ooooooh, nevermind. It didn't surprise me at all if she did it, I've seen every horrible thing one person can do to another.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just don't understand why they all wear fadoras. Did they have a meeting or something? Was like the leader Nice Guy going on a mall trip with his best friend girl and she said "You'd look really cool in this hat" and then later he got a kiss on the cheek so the story trickled down to the lesser castes?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

i think I know, only if bc I wore a fedora for a bit in HS before redditors blew it the gently caress up (baseball caps never looked good on me and I wanted to wear a hat)

it's bc they are men's hats that aren't baseball caps and also tons of classy looking dudes wore them decades ago so these dudes think all they gotta do is pop a fedora on and they'll be super suave

I guess you're right, but guys like Don Draper and Indiana Jones wore much bigger fedoras. I've never seen any male on tv or anywhere else look awesome in the little ones. Maybe the Rat Pack I guess? Is that who they're modeling themselves after? The only Nice Guys I see wearing the big ones usually pair it with a trench coat and end up looking like Van Helsing. At least trench coats I can sort of understand. The Matrix people looked cool in trench coats so if you're into that poo poo it's not a huge stretch to want to look like them. They just don't understand context. I'd like to look like Han Solo but I'm not a space smuggler. No one ever looked cool in plaid cargos and a fedora though.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Varg posted:

I think it's because they all have terribly unflattering haircuts and instead of getting a better haircut they try to hide it under something even more stupid, it's simple nice guy logic

That and if you're unattractive, no amount of clothing gimmicks will fix that for you. The better looking you are the more you can get away with poo poo. Hell, David Beckham had a mullet for years and some of the worst tattoos ever. You have to find what suites you well or at least wear things that don't highlight how odd your body or face is.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

actually the best part of my fedora was when girls would snatch it off my head to wear and then I'd be all faux 'give it baaaack'

That's probably why they wear them right there. That's some Grade A Nice Guy flirting spank back material right there.

Girls can pull off fedoras. A lot of girls look great in a wide variety of hats. Until you go to Coachella and everyone looks like their wearing a costume and then it isn't interesting anymore.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Well let's be honest here, Don Draper and Indiana Jones would look hot in diapers.

Yeah I'd be down to look like this guy.

He could wear anything from any time period and be just fine.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Professor Shark posted:

You know what's cooler than wearing a fedora to be different from other guys jerks? Wearing a regular ballcap with a local team on it, then you can talk to people about sports and develop social skills! Strangers will talk to you about sports, it's weird.

This is what I have to do. Baseball hats with curved brims or else it looks like I'm trying too hard to be out of my age group. No snapbacks. And straight brim New Era caps make my head look huge. I basically have to wear the kind of worn in sports cap that people from south think REAL AMERICANS have to wear.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SaltLick posted:

Black people allowed to get away with fedoras as well. Well...jazz singers at least

They also get to wear purple with reckless abandon.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I 100% believe any nerd can be turned into a sports fan. You just need to know enough cool stories about the players to make them feel like characters, and then have your friend around during a high emotion winning game where there's a huge feeling of comraderie between everyone who watched it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Male banter!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I watched a table my girlfriend was serving act really rude and annoying towards her. When she came back to drop off the check one of them pulled her aside as was like "Let me apologize for my friends' behavior. They're kinda nerdy and antisocial. We like to joke that each one of us is a lot like a different character from The Big Bang Theory. You ever seen that show? I think you'd make a good [whatever the girl character's name is] because you're blonde. Would you like go out sometime?"

She told him that show sucked but not as much as his pick up artist skills. He got really angry and they left a big bold 0.00 as large as possible on the tip line of the receipt.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Dudes like this existed well before millenials. They probably just raped girls and no one cared.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

kru posted:

I own and wear this hat and people love it but it's super nerdy so??

Are you ok?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

kru posted:

Yes, thank you friend :)

Buster Wolf :hf:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Dudes take being a virgin outside of high school too seriously. I was a virgin until I was 22, and despite a little embarrassment everything turned out great.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Dudes really are scary though. Today I got a table tent thrown at my head by a probable rapist.

I was bartending and one of the servers had just gotten off and was sitting at the bar chatting with one of the customers. I gave the girl two shots and a beer and she was instantly on the floor. I imagine she had either been secretly drinking on shift, popping pills, or got roofied because she was no longer able to keep her head up and was talking nonsense.

The dude she was talking to keep asking to drive her home and eventually she was like "ooooookay". At this point I stepped in and told the guy another server was gonna take her home so don't worry about it. He got really defensive and just kept repeating "Why? I'm just being nice and doing her a favor!" and kept insisting he take her. Then I had to tell him "Listen man, there's no way in hell you're taking this girl anywhere. You're being way too insistent on taking someone you don't know home when she can barely talk. Leave or I call the cops." He pitched a fit about how he was just trying to be helpful and then threw a table tent at me on his way out the door.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KomodoWagon posted:

:stare: Yup, you prevented a rape and possible long-term kidnapping/abduction or straight up murder. Pat yourself on the back goonette

I'm a boy, but thanks! The thing that bothers me was the guy was a regular until that day. I really hope that was his first try at something like that.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KomodoWagon posted:

It almost certainly wasn't.

Also dick pics or stop lying

8=======D

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's a shame too because he's a sexy motherfucker and has a lot to offer other girls. Too bad be already has a history of playing himself for women.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

darkhand posted:

Idk i'd probably rather be straight-up rejected and get hurt for a few hours/days, than "are they stringing me along/maybe they really are busy?" that could go on for weeks.

Yeah, that's the lovely thing about being ghosted. I don't mind if a girl rejects me for second date, there are a million ways to do it politely, but waiting forever for a response than isn't coming just sucks. I used to think getting a response a week later with "Sorry, I was busy." meant I still had a chance, but nowadays I know that it doesn't mean anything unless they also respond to your initial question. I figure now if I don't hear back by the next day or two it's over. Waiting that long just to find out they're not interested is irritating.

Oh and sorry I wasn't clear on what a table tent is. Probable the only reason I know the name for those things is I had a bar owner that was obsessed with their placement and insisted that having them in the center of the table, not the end, was crucial to Happy Hour success. The particular one from my story was wooden, similar to this one:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
drat, I've never had anyone storm the kitchen like that and I thought I'd seen it all after the day someone poo poo on the floor on one end of the restaurant while I broke up a fight on the other end.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The difference between our stories is that in yours her friends ditched her, and in mine her coworkers were repeatedly telling this guy that we would take care of it.

Edit: Coworkers who some are also female. This guy's level of insistence even after we were not so subtle about thinking he was going to rape her is a huge red flag. I took pains at first to make it look like we were bailing this guy out of needing to help so it didn't look like I was accusing him of rape, but he just kept on trucking. And there's no way she would have been able to speak coherently enough to tell this dude where she lives.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 10, 2016

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mind the walrus posted:

To be fair the smart move is to get some of the lady staff involved. "Hey this girl is pissed out of her gourd, I saw her friends leave and she needs help getting home. I don't know her. Can you help?"

You'd have to meet some straight psycho ladies who would not want to help you out. Hell you could ask a group of women at the bar if they don't seem like bitches.

You'd be surprised how many people leave their good friends wasted at a bar. I've tried to stop people before and been like "Hey! What about your friend!" and they've just walked out or told me I had to take care of if. Even after explaining that I can't "just call a cab" because most cab drivers will straight up drive away if they see the client needs to be carried to the car. Then these people's friends will be like "well you take her home." Sometimes I'm alone at the bar, I can't just lock the doors and close the place down to drive your friend home. People are poo poo.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cnut the Great posted:

Being a 22-year-old male virgin is definitely something that will get you shamed by people, dude. Obviously it's not as bad as Elliott Rodgers made it out to be, because he was an insane homicidal maniac with a broken brain, but being a male virgin into your twenties is definitely something that will get you mocked by your peers, because it's weird.

It's not like you have to tell anyone and unless you look like the gooniest goon, no one is ever going to ask.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Had a girl once that got naked and went into the fetal position on the bed. I didn't know what was going on so I just looked at her for a minute. Then she popped her head up and with this really annoyed look and was like "Well are you going to gently caress me or what?". So I started trying to do stuff but it was clear there would be no foreplay and no interacting besides me just sorta sliding in the from the side and I guess going to town. Couldn't do it. Not alpha enough I guess because I instantly lost my boner and had to go. How dudes manage to full on rape girls is beyond me.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's been fifteen years since I heard the word "sloots" and thank goodness for that.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I think if I had kids my number one advice to them about meeting girls is "never, ever, come off as desperate."

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The crazy thing is the m'ladys have worked things out in their minds where it's completely impossible for them to be pleased unless something happens that's straight out of a romcom. For instance, these dudes totally flip out once they are denied sex but if their crush threw herself at one of them he'd probably panic, get out of it, then later tell himself it was because he misjudged her and she isn't a pure maiden. Even if she was more subtle and just started dating the guy normally their relationship would consist of her watching him play video games while he completely ignores her.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Decebal posted:

Why couldn't they play video games together and role-play the maiden & the knight part ?

Because gamer girls aren't real gamers! :argh:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ranbo das posted:

Some dudes will have a girl smile at them and immediately assume they want the d, and some dudes will have a girl hanging all over them and be like "well yeah but maybe she's just being nice and doesn't actually like me".

I used to suffer from the second one all the time. I would be so fast to convince myself that she was just being friendly that when I did try to flirt it would be so timid that it would be completely imperceptible as flirting. I didn't realize that things like them looking at you a bunch or listening with rapt attention to your dumb story were indicators. Girls can make the same mistake. I think sometimes they're so used to guys making the moves that what they think is a huge admission that they like you isn't so obvious to detect. You hear things like "How could you not know I was into you?! I totally talked to you for five minutes that one time!"

That's why getting hit on by gay dudes is the best. You don't get lost in a world of mystery. They're super clear that they like you, exactly what they wanna do, and usually compliment you on something you take special pride in. I'm not interested in guys but I always wished the best for practically any dude that ever hit on me in a bar.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SneakyFrog posted:

some gay folk are just as bad as awkward dudes, sorry it isnt flattering at all for my junk to get the old grabbygripstroke as an initial introduction.

drat, can't say I ever experienced that.

What were you wearing? I bet you looked like a slut man.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Moridin920 posted:

"It's the man's job to ask the girl out" is a pretty common mentality if you really start asking around.

"She gives it up too easily, who knows who else she's hosed?"

lol at anyone who hasn't come to grips with the possibility that someone they're attracted to may have slept with a bunch of people they wouldn't approve of, and isn't at peace with it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That whole first date thing sucks. I knew my current girlfriend for five years before we got together (there was never a time when we were both single and we convinced ourselves we were just work friends). When we finally did it was amazing and five years of pent up lust came flooding out. Then she straight up said "I really want to have sex but we're not going to because I don't want you to think I'm slutty." So of course I told her wouldn't think that and besides we've danced around this for half a decade so I think that qualifies as enough time. She stuck to her guns though and instead we made plans for a second date for pretty much the sole purpose of sex. It's fine but kinda silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Mak0rz posted:

In high school I went on a couple of dates with a girl that was known by literally everyone in the surrounding towns (I grew up in a rural area where kids from seven towns would go to the same school) as a girl who really got around and one guy said to me "Dude if you kissed her do you have any idea how many cocks you sucked!??"

I was like okay whatever. I mean I knew she dated and probably banged a lot of dudes but I was more disturbed by the implication that she hadn't brushed her teeth in years.

Then I dated a girl with a similar reputation for like eight months and that same guy said he once asked her to blow him for a bag of Cheetos. Rumor has it that she did it but I didn't bother to ask her to verify because she was my girlfriend and that would be rude.

rural Newfoundland is an interesting place to grow up.

Edit: It may have been Doritos. Can't remember.

Stories like that always crop up around high school girls. Doesn't matter. Nothing teenagers say is real and even if it was everyone has slutty phases.

I can sorta get being wary of dating a girl who instantly jumped your bones if you've ever been cheated on and you're worried about it happening again. But you just gotta trust her if a relationship is getting serious unless something happens that gives you good reason not to. Dudes will have sex on the first date no problem, but that doesn't men them instant cheaters.

• Locked thread