Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

jerry seinfel posted:

Middle of the day on a work day is the real pro move'

Stop in, get a shitload of paper towels and a hot dog

I work from home and live 10 minutes away from both a constantly packed normal Costco and a Costco business center. I only go to the normal Costco if I have to, and only when they open in the morning. On the other hand I've gone to the business center just for a hotdog a few times. Never seen a line at the business center, even on the weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

Chocolates of the world are back in stock this year. There's some dang idiot that's removed most of the good chocolates and replaced them with crap. Nobody wants pumpkin spice chocolate, snickerdoodle (does not contain any chocolate - white chocolate is not chocolate), and key lime pie flavored chocolate. Get the belgian chocolate box instead.

Can confirm, didn't like most of this year's Chocolates of the World.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

I found out the no-dispenser Costco I go to sometimes, you can ask for onions at the kiosk and they'll give it to you in a little plastic cup.

My local Costco put out a bin of onions and a little scoop for it near the register when the onion dispenser was MIA for some reason. I preferred that method; the dispenser is a bit too scary looking for me.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I remember back in the day when there was a kraut machine too

Can't imagine what it must feel like to be such a Costco OG.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Truly a god among men.

Now I want to try one with an Italian sausage instead of a hot dog. Is the Italian sausage an east coast thing? Don't think I've seen it out west, you guys got the late polish I believe?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Gotta buy a costco turkey n ham for next week :catstare: gonna shove chicken bakes in it

Yikes, thanks for reminding me Thanksgiving is already around the corner. Thought I had two weeks left for some reason.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

World's strongest man does his grocery shopping at Costco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhLkLxR1Oc

Only the weak go to BJs and Sam's Club :smuggo:

Oh cool, that's my local Costco in Teterboro, NJ.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Pookah posted:

Don't want to put you off your ham, but if you start seeing tiny tiny bugs on it, don't panic and throw it out the window. It is quite normal and expected for a jamon to get these and you either ignore them and eat away (like my dad) or wipe them off + plus give the top slice to your dad (me).

https://erikras.com/2014/12/05/spanish-ham-mites-entomology-and-jamon-iberico/

Is that dancing sensation on your tongue flavor or bugs? You decide.

I'd still eat it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

durrneez posted:

It’s cured, right? so is the use by date more of a polite suggestion like in the States?

Sure, but then again, there was that lovely post about those tiny bugs.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

So I tried the chicken bake hotdog thing, only with a bunless Italian sausage.

Insertion did not go well.

Tasted okay, but I'm sticking with my usual hotdog or combo slice.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

GORDON posted:

How are those steak strips? How does one prepare them? If seasoned and cut up, would they be good in steak fajitas/burritos?

It's thick cut beef jerky, not uncooked beef. It's good if you like the really chewy and meaty kind of jerky.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

ballistics statistics posted:

I am a Costco virgin, what is PBUC?

Serious(heh) answer: It is our acronym of praise for Costco.

Praise Be Unto Costco.

Usually uttered when you leave the joint with a cart full of goods at a deep discount and a scary cheap hotdog. (Has anyone eaten more than one in a sitting?)

Always ask for the kraut, they have it behind the counter.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

revmoo posted:

I was also wondering about this. I got one of those little toilet night lights and let me tell you, after three weeks that thing is just coated in poo poo spray

Um, close the lid before you flush?

Once I started really taking care of my home, I realized that sitting down to pee and closing the lid when I flush makes cleaning near the toilet a breeze. Flushing with the lid up just fountains poo poo and piss particles all over your bathroom.

And I have one of those fancy electronic bidets in one bathroom; you install it yourself and it's really easy. You just unscrew your toilet seat, bolt it on, plug it in, and hook up your normal cold tap. They use an internal tank to heat up the water without needing a hot water line coming in, so it's not like you can soak your rear end in hot water, but it's more than enough to clean your hole.

Just make sure the bidet you buy fits the dimensions of your toilet.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Mandoric posted:

Not sure about the lineup at Costco, but Toto's selfclean decently and heat both the water and the seat. They split off the toilet water supply.

Yeah, when I said cold tap in my previous post, I meant the cold tap water line for the toilet.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Trastion posted:

That's what I do because that is where the liquid comes out at...

If liquid keeps coming out of your rear end, please see a doctor.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Trastion posted:

I am a doctor...

Well, I guess you're poo poo outta luck.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

pnumoman posted:

Well, I guess you're poo poo outta luck.

I wanna change my answer.

Physician, poo poo thyself.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

moolchaba posted:

I'm a little late, but I Costco pizza 9.65/10 for me.

What if I were to wrap my dog with it?

:golfclap:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Mnemosyne posted:

Literally just finished doing this an hour ago. And while I was jarring my stock, I put that $1.99/lb Costco pork loin in the Instant Pot to make some shredded pork for dinner. Costco has blessed me today.

I buy one of their rotisserie chickens once every week, and I almost always make stock with the carcass afterwards. I end up with so much stock that I can't even store it all and I end up giving it away to friends, or sometimes even throwing it out. Clearly I need a Costco freezer, but I am a poor renter, and I don't want to have to move the thing every other year.

If you have too much stock, just keep reducing it until you get a semi/psuedo demi-glace then freeze it. Even a low effort sorta demi-glace makes pan sauces and stuff really tasty and easy.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Imagine four samples lined up at the edge of a cliff.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

moolchaba posted:

I have been called on to address allegations that I sought to mislead the Costco thread in what is now being referred to as the PizzaDog Fiasco.

I swear upon a unopened package of Kirkland Signature Beef Dinner Franks (14 count, No corn syrup, phosphates or fillers) that even though I used a random picture from the internet, it was only with the purpose of posing the idea of wrapping such a beefy delight with glorious pizza. It was a postulation, a theory for which I promise to put to the test at my soonest opportunity.

Hereby and forwith and such and such, blah blah blah.

Thank you.

This news rocks me to my core.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

moolchaba posted:

I have performed the deed that was required of me.

Let it be known that with a contrite heart I have achieved the impossible.

WHAT MORE CAN I DO, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!???

PBUC

Fantastic.

PBUC

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

My faith in the church has been shaken, friends. I was out of protein powder, and the 'co had a big ol' tub on sale. This kind:

How bad could it be?

It's loving disgusting. And instead of being white like most vanilla protein powder comes out, it was an incredibly unsettling shade of baby-poop green once I added my almond milk.

I have 25 servings left, and by God I will power through them somehow. I should probably try doctoring it by tossing in a banana or peanut butter powder.

Please return it instead of powering through it. Not only do you get your money back, the 'co gets to know that at least one member thinks the product sucks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

British TV taught me the phrase "cheeky Nandos". I'm excited about how I can actually try some of that "cheeky Nandos" without having to go across the pond.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I havent seen these either so I did a google search, is it this thing that you got https://www.instagram.com/p/BscPZXoAid_/?hl=en

That looks like a Costco version of a Cinnabon tray. No wonder people liked it, even though I'm sure it's just as unhealthy for you as Cinnabon.

Heh, like I care it's unhealthy. I just wanna stick my face in that tray.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes Costco gas is a rare thing in NYC which kind of sucks

In the beautifully crisp air of New Jersey, Costco gas is loving awesome. And if you have a whiny engine that needs premium gas, Costco gas is irreplaceable.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

Wife asked me to pick up some kind of frozen chicken from Costco today for quick dinners.

Did I just get permission to buy dino nuggets?

So long as those tasty, dino-shaped treats are worth a severe eye-roll from your wife. I'd say go for it. Get a fancy sauce to mitigate?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

Also I think she secretly wants me to get them because I made that joke to her and she responded "you get what feels right"

Aha!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Who's gonna take one for the team and actually do it?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think someone did actually.

A churro in a hotdog bun inside a chicken bake? I demand photos if so.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

priznat posted:

So if you drill an end of the chicken bake can you stick a weiner in there?

Hot dog you sickos

#costcohacks

We have done this multiple times in this thread. I used my local Costco specialty, the Italian sausage. Someone even wrapped a pizza slice around a hotdog stuffed chicken bake.

We are deviants abusing the blessings of the church. Heresy never tasted so greasygood.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Huge_Midget posted:

Chicken bakes in their current incarnation are kinda gross. They should reformulate them minus the Caesar dressing and use ranch instead. Add some bacon bits too if they want to take it to Flavortown.

They really need to go back to the real chicken they used to contain instead of the spongy textured crap that's in them now. Then up the bacon bits a bit and add a little more sauce, and it'll be the chicken bake of old that was actually good.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

sandball posted:

They use the same chicken you see on the caesar salads (which is your food service standard grilled chicken stuff).

It's not nearly as bad when it's cold and surrounded by crisp lettuce, but hot and in a chicken bake, it tastes awful.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

binge crotching posted:

They run a ham and cheese croissant through the pizza oven and it comes out nice and crispy.

The super lovely thing is the soda machine. Because of the local laws there, it's illegal to sell unlimited soda. So they have barcodes on every single cup, which you have to scan at the soda fountain in order to get anything out of it. And it's only allowed to dispense soda twice for each bar code, but it is so flaky you're only going to get about 2/3rds of a cup at best.

Here is a picture I posted earlier in the thread:

As disturbing as it is to hear of limited refills, I'd trade unlimited refills for those ham and cheese croissants and scorching hot tenders and fries.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I think some do. Maybe new Jersey?

Not in north jersey at least. We have the Italian sausage, which is still around, instead of the late polish.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

The Ninja is okay. Got one for some friends and they like it well enough.

Then we got a Blendtec at Costco on a deal and it definitely pulverizes better than the Ninja.

And sadly the true answer is always Vitamix if you can swing it.

Be careful, Vitamix updated their lineup a while ago to cash in on their popularity, and some of the models aren't great. The small cup one was pretty poo poo last I heard, and the wide pitcher is much less effective for home cooking. I have a hand-me-down old model from my parents, and they kinda regret upgrading because they ended up getting a more expensive pro model after they returned one of the new consumer models they hated. The old one they gave to me is still working like a champ.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I got a call from costco today because theres a recall on those dukes shorty sausages. The recall is very nonspecific about what was wrong with them. I already ate my whole bag though :ohdear:

We shall speak your name as we apply the blessed sauerkraut onto our daily communion dog.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

if u dont like shin ramen black gently caress you

Samyang 4 lyfe, FIGHT ME!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

durrneez posted:

Is it just me or do the imported Shins taste different from the domestic Shins?

I think it does, but I've never bothered to schlep instant ramen to and fro to compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

cryptoclastic posted:

Went to the local CostCo here in South Korea the other day. Pepperoni pizza is gone.

It has been replaced with this abomination. A "sausage pizza".

I am heartbroken. What do I do? A comment card was written, what is the next step?

Give it up my friend. South Korea doesn't really like pepperoni, and that looks like a typical Korean pizza.

The only pizza I enjoyed when I lived in Korea was Gino's in Itaewon, but that was a dude deliberately replicating NY style pizza as faithfully as possible.