Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wally whipping out a mouthful of Japanese like nothing. Fantastic :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

You wouldn't like me when I'm frosty.

I love how Killer Frost has gone from a dark and angsty force of evil to just "that bitch Caitlyn turns into when she gets blackout drunk" :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
speedforce.gif

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

Savitar's suit just made him frictionless so he could use all of his speed.
Or something.

fwiw, I believe the explanation for the suit was that Savitar was so fast that without it he would poof into a fine red mist if the tried to run as fast he was able to. Barry doesn't need the Savitar suit because he's the Main Character.

Also that thing was stupid expensive to have on screen all the time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Flash... fun... again? :confused:

Sorry for the double post.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I was stunned at how much I liked Gustin as Crazy Barry. I think he's actually better in that role than Vanilla Barry. If Savitar was "loving crazy" instead of "edgy clone", than I think season 3 would have been way more enjoyable

And that’s the thing; literally everyone on the show except for Jesse L Martin is a comedy actor. The show’s at its best when it’s doing comedy and playing to its cast’s strengths. They seem to maybe be getting that this year with the premiere and a lot of the previews and sizzle reels I’ve seen... but we’ll see if they stick to it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

The content of this episode was extremely dumb, but the tone was great.

Flash is at its best when it’s dumb and fun tho...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Additionally: in real life, no human being could run that fast.

MY IMMERSION :byodame:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Legends is not garbage tyvm.

Anyone who hates Legends at this point is either still snooty about Season 1, or just literally hates fun :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Thinker. His superpower is... well. Yeah.

He's the perfect antagonist for Barry Allen: The Stupidest Man Alive.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I still say they should find a Wells who stole Thawne’s face instead of the inverse so we can get Matt Letscher back on the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

I just reread my last post and forgot to add that sounds like a good idea. Although they might run into the Firestorm problem and not have enough fx money for him to use his powers.

They didn't have that much of an issue with Thawne. Matt Letscher was basically a series regular for season 2 and Thawne used his speed powers a ton on the show. Yeah they had that whole "Black Flash will eat me if I go fast" caveat to excuse why he didn't just use his super speed all the time but you never really noticed how it impacted the story too much.

So who knows. I'd be cool with with Wally in Legends too. That would rock.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

I support Wally being on Legends because it dramatically increases the possibility of Iris and Joe popping up during time travel shenanigans

We need more small crossovers like this. Like just take advantage of the fact that all four shows are filming in the same city at the same time. Like have Iris on the Waverider for an episode, or send Ray back to STAR Labs to help out with a problem, or have Cisco and Felicity go to Earth-38 for a day to help Winn out with tech poo poo. What’s the point of having a shared universe if you only really share it like once a year?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There is almost certainly guest-star pay for the actors that is keeping it from happening every week.

True enough. And perhaps I’m just being spoiled by nostalgia for season 1 Flash where between Oliver, Felicity, Laurel and Ray constantly showing up it felt like there was a mini crossover every few weeks for a while.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xarn posted:

"Yes, they broke up, so we can have the wedding place + time we wanted instead of them"

Our protagonists :v:

Barry and Iris are just so great together. Again, Iris's OP lack of fucks is her super power on this show.

The funeral/wedding/funeral(?) bit was fantastic. Just them sheepishly slinking away like "good luck not dying, father". God drat.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 25, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Twelve metas were created by the dark matter when you returned, Barry."

"What about the ones created when the particle accelerator exploded this time?"

"Uh."

The accelerator didn’t poo poo out dark matter this time, it farted reserve bad luck energy. So no new metas this time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaddak posted:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but, I swear when Harry first appeared this episode he sounded like he had brain damage or something. Something about the way he was talking, and how he no longer had a perfect memory.

Yeah, something happened between him and Jesse’s Not Teen Titans team that he’s being coy about and will no doubt be a plot point later this year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Random wild guess:
He's not the "Real" E2 Wells and She's not the real Jesse. That's why he wanted Wally gone, he spent enough time with (and making out with probably) the 'real' version of her to be able to figure it out.

Surprise! It was Cowboy Wells all along!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Council of Wells VS. Thrawne's horde of duplicates... Make. It. Happen.

Again, I keep saying it: mix in one Wells that looks like Thawne among the 50 or so that they summon, just to gently caress with people.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I’m glad they had Barry remember Abracadabra and Savitar namedropping DeVoe. I thought the writers were going to ignore that as an excuse to prolong the mystery, but no they’re getting right into it this year. Good for them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, for how much they're playing with it this year, I hope "This house is bitchin'" has an amazing payoff at some point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

"Guys why didn't Rose make room for Jack on the doooooooor" :cry:

loving great.

When he did the head flip "I got peanuts" bit I thought they were gonna pan down and there would actually be a bowl of peanuts on the table, but no Barry's just a loveable drunk dumbass :allears:

I'm SOOOO glad this show is back to doing Season 1-style fun comedy stuff. Everyone on the show is much better at that than dour drama.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Prairie Bus posted:

This episode made me feel pretty bad for Iris. She only had three other people at her bachelorette party - some random from out of state, her dad’s girlfriend, and a coworker. The show emphasizes that Iris and Caitlin aren’t really friends and then has Iris make Caitlin her maid of honor.

I mean, drat, Iris’s personal life must be lonely. I don’t know why they didn’t get an extra of something to be her friend.

Iris and Felicity have known each other for like four years now. I wouldn't exactly call her a rando.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

:ssh: he's the flaaaaaaaaash

Oh bullshit he is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Patty took the train.

Yeah. That was kinda lovely in retrosoect. She used Barry to get revenge on Weather Wizard and satisfy a personal grudge and the was like "later fucko!"

Though the actor got a role on a different show at the time so I can forgive them cutting her storyline off so abruptly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McDragon posted:

I hope they replace at least one intro monologue with "woo, I'm the Flash!"

My name is Ba—:barf:rry Allen. Oh god, ugh :barf:

And then Iris takes over the intro.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ralph's jackassery continues to be fantastic. I was hoping we'd get a few return Wellses from last year, but Gandalf Wells more than made up for it, holy poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I...feel like this Evil Sioux Activist thing is super offensive somehow but can't quite articulate the reasons.

Yep. On the one hand, yay cultural awareness and showing some degree of nuance with it, because, you know the lady had a point with how lovely Native American culture, history, and peoples have been treated over the course of US history... But yeah overall that was really lovely and uncomfortable.

Though given what's come out about the Flash writers team and EPs, the cringeyness of certain things lately is starting to make a LOT more sense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bbf2 posted:

Native Americans and handicapped people are all evil and set out to destroy the world

Oh wait the handicapped person was actually just pretending to be handicapped so its not problematic. Let's do that same thing TWICE This means that you shouldn't trust anyone who appears to be in a wheelchair because they're probably secretly an evil genius and are just faking their condition.

fwiw we’ve never seen DeVoe leave his future chair either so he might actually be a legit paraplegic person. We’ll probably find out the truth soon enough tough.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Proposition Joe posted:

Want to visit the Flash writers room to meet the folks who think being an social justice activist is a good back story for a villain and that trafficking in stolen cultural artifacts is not a crime.

Uhh... Have you heard the recent stories about the Arrowverse writers rooms? I'd say that's your answer right there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I think the key takeaway from the Council of Wells is that, if it came to it, Wells would totally punch a baby :stare:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just hope this time the Arrow episode isn't a dream sequence.

From what I’ve read the crossover this year was filmed as one giant four hour movie spread out across two nights. So that means that the Supergirl and Arrow portions of it will actually be completely a part of the crossover this time instead of being 90% a stand-alone Supergirl episode and 50% the Arrow 100th episode celebration special, respectively, like last time around.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

It's not like Microsoft is propping up The Flash like Chuck literally needed Subway to keep going after Season 2, is it?

No. They've had a marketing deal with the CW since Arrow was in its second season. I remember seeing some ad once that was like "step into the Arrow writer's room, powered by horrible misogyny the Microsoft Surface Pro!" and it was 2 minute promo of various Arrow writers pretending with all their might that "yeah, we totally write and produce this show on Surface Pros. Honest! Hey look over there at all this other cool stuff it can do [smoke bomb]".

TV shows have been doing this for a long while now, usually with cars though. 24's Terrorist Torture Time Power Hour was powered by Ford in its last few years, and Heroes more or less kicked off it's main storyline with Hiro screaming "NISSAN VERSA!!" and pointing at a Versa in a parking lot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The preview for this episode didn't give me high hopes since it looked to be about Barry turning into a paranoid idiot for an episode. I'm disappointed to know that I wasn't wrong.

I honestly thought Barry was going to apologize to DeVoe for what a paranoid shithead he'd been to him over the past few days, and you know, actually take Iris's advice to heart. But then DeVoe drops the act and Barry gets away with acting like an rear end in a top hat moron scot-free again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

6-year plan man posted:

Yeah this made no sense you've been leading him on the whole episode driving him mad because he knows deep down you're the villain but he can't prove it only for you to just come clean and announce you're the villain, why??

Because Barry's always right. Even when wrong. It would have been a much better ending if they just had Barry let go of his paranoia, sincerely apologize to DeVoe and just go like "look, if you're evil, you're evil. If you're not, then good. I'm glad. It's no skin off my back, and you seem like an otherwise decent person from what I've seen of you so far. So I'm just gonna keep plugging away doing my thing like I did before I met you and leave you alone and if we run into each other again, then that's on you I guess."

Avalerion posted:

I kind of want him to be defeated because of something Wally does he didn't prepare for - because he just forgot about him.

Not gonna lie, that would be a great way of making up for Bussing Wally for a couple of weeks so bluntly.

:corsair:: I'm sorry, and who are you again?
:flashfact:: I'm Kid Flash.
:corsair:: Oh. Right. poo poo
:zoomed:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VictorianQueerLit posted:

The Thinker's downfall will be his heart.

If anything, this episode showed that DeVoe's ego is going to be his downfall. The dude's ambition has already hosed him up as seen in the flashbacks, and it'll be his undoing too. And if so then that would be quite thematic, because ego is the supposed antithesis of intellect.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darth Brooks posted:

Barry should have taken him for a ride out into the the desert and then asked him "How smart are You now?"

fwiw, I would have laughed my rear end off if Barry did that and then just gets run over by a bus in mid-sentence because DeVoe hired a guy to just drive a rental bus along a very specific route through a very specific part of the desert because there was a 99.9999993% that Barry was going to do that to him, just to prove "Yeah, literally anything you can do with your speed, I can counter with my mind and resources, because even your stupidity is just another mathematical algorithm when you get down to it."

But I don't write for this show, so womp womp.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, if this is the last time Wentworth Miller’s ever appearing in the Arrowverse as Snart, then this is a pretty good way to send him off so far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shaddak posted:

Are we supposed to know who this other guy from Earth-1 is? I don't remember seeing him before, and I don't know enough about DC to recognize his powers.

He’s The Ray. He’s got a CW Seed animated series coming out... eventually... maybe? I think it was supposed to be out before the Crossover because it set up who The Ray was and Earth-X a little better, but I dunno what’s up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Did the Nazi Waverider’s registration number say 1488? Did I see that right? That’s... a disturbingly “nice” touch :stare: