Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:saddowns:

i get it, but it's absolutely everywhere and it's so stupid. even a frontpage thing on wapo will be like U WON'T BELEIVE THIS 1 THING DRIMP DID!!

I hate to disappoint you but the homosexuals weren't actually sucking that guys cock either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

holy poo poo the zaurg thread has been reopened since May

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

I have a second verse ready to go but no instruments in playable condition, how fast can someone record me a backing track to sing over?

I could probably throw together something on the accordion later this week but I don't get the reference, can you link the original song?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

also lol @ no service centers in michigan

how much you wanna bet that's because musk is a pissy baby and he wants to stick it to BIG AUTO and anyone who lives in the vicinity (collaborators)

could also be partially that there are like seven dollars in Michigan and four of them belong to car executives so I doubt there are many teslas here anyway

the rest belong to the devos family so maybe that's who posted that

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

there's a local politician here that used "fix the drat roads!" as part of her campaign slogan. compelling stuff. can't wait for the new and awesome roads!

good thing the terrorist republican legislature is using the lame duck session to strip her office of all its powers before shes sworn in

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Wheany posted:

my favorite lovely roads i've driven are on the island of iniö. there is no streetview in there, but there are some photo spheres on google maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/UYiRsXmLCr52
https://goo.gl/maps/r4pEZmqq9Cz

some of the roads are just a couple of inches of asphalt laid right on top of bedrock.

these roads get a fair bit of traffic in the summer because they're part of the archipelago trail

in Michigan roads this good would warrant front page features in lifestyle magazines so people could gawk at how wealthy foreigners live

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

TheCoach posted:

It's bizzare reading how roads in america are getting shittier and shittier.
Meanwhile in Eastern Europe http://tvarkosi.kaunas.lt/gatves

Our city during the 10 years of conservative government managed to get name the pothole city. Once the fuckers got thrown out actual work began and while it clearly isn't perfect the overall situation has improved so radically that most of the streetview coverage we have now looks nothing like reality.

One notable difference is that in the case of streets that have a lot of patchwork on them new patches are no longer done, they get either redone fresh or regeneration is used to reheat the entire surface, mix it with some new asphalt and lay it down freshly. This isn't as good as a complete reconstruction but it sure as hell holds up better than patching poo poo and then watching new potholes appear almost immediately.

Meanwhile in Michigan:

https://goo.gl/maps/MFX8bTMpvXn

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

can you imagine how much better America would be if the next unified Democratic government implemented even like ten percent of conservative persecution fantasies in reality?

I mean they're going to be accused of it all anyway so we may as well reap the benefits of the stuff that's actually good policy

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

gschmidl posted:

Is Mars particularly easy to tunnel through?

yeah of course all you have to do is dig

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

humans can easily reason their way through that stuff

ah someone who has never been to Michigan I see

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

its kinda hard to tell with the perspective of that photo but I think the 3rd row seats are super inclined to keep your head from beating on the ceiling and I bet that has some weird effects on crash tests

I don't think that'll be a problem

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

in his dumb keynote elon said "we think it's safe and we'll get regulation approval later" to the woos of bazingas so they're just going to poo poo these things into the public and let god sort em out

yeah that's what I meant

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

what? no, i want to see the tesla owner square off against the german automotive engineer.

this is the stuff of legend

yeah I want to hear more on his ideas about "co2 consumption"

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Vomik posted:

https://twitter.com/73drewsky/status/1177689987963375617

that guy retweeted this which I guess is a sign of the actual success of how great autopilot is, lol

that's some crunchy dry steering

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

wolrah posted:

Imagine that, suddenly every AP-equipped Tesla starts randomly driving itself around parking lots, over curbs and lawns, ignoring markings and other objects.

yes, imagine

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

oh man this one has the potential to make the record books

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

is it a day that ends in Y?

g

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

do you think Chris onsted knew about this

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

that car is totaled now, right?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

iospace posted:

The ocean, stupid.

is that legal though

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Lambert posted:

I'd gladly sacrifice my car for Elon Musk!

ah, a tesla owner

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

I think this is the guy who responded to a bullshit ticket for not riding in the bike lane by filming himself running into every obstacle in the bike lane

iow good energy

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

thank you for your plumbing service

don't sign...my posts?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/FreddieCampion/status/1327308580396011520

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

whos the pudgy sex tourist next to him?

That's Elon musk

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

it's also possible that there's a Mobileye situation going on with the LIDAR patents where the people licensing the technology won't let you do anything stupidly risky with it that might give their tech a black eye.

didn't tesla get around this by just stealing the mobileye stuff and not paying for it?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I undercut that by 100,000 and add "blockchain" to the subject email.

Then I tap my mana and end my turn.

you sure you want to deal with the mana burn?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

it's hilarious to me that americans (outside california) legitimately use "too much traffic" as a reason to not own a motorbike. embrace le filtrage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29inP2m3do

Americans are completely incapable of considering the implications of their actions on any other human being, let alone society as a whole, and the quickest way to anger one is to ask them do try to do so.

see also: "please put a small piece of cloth on your face during this pandemic"

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

mediaphage posted:

this is a dumb take in response to someone not wanting to ride a motorcycle next to a bunch of crazy car drivers; the original point was never a defense of cars

fair, I was talking more about our collective refusal to rethink our lifestyles in any way but this was probably not the right context nor did I express it very well

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

If you're looking for a 2,000 watt generator, a motorcycle that goes 185 MPH, a digital piano, or a 6 operator FM synthesizer IC, the triple tuning forks are there for you.

their saxophones are astonishingly good too

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

also this classic

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

go play outside Skyler posted:

since a few months ago youtube-dl has gotten super slow. i think they started throttling the bandwidth to "video bitrate + a small margin" to make the tool much less practical.

switch to yt-dlp

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i think people are definitely looking for alternatives. hell the active user count for the pos itself has been way higher than usual, everyone is just lurking though. post you cowards

no

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

DominoKitten posted:

eight states with no income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming

NH too

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

isn't their income tax weird because it's 5% flat but only on rent seeking poo poo like dividends and interest and the income tax for W2 wages is 0?

I learned somethng today, wow...guess it's a sign of righteousness to have never paid this

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

They're prettier than Teslas too. Even the weird bug eyed ones.

Even beyond the obvious problems with Teslas as a product and the insane CEO, I suspect that the reason they aren't selling as much anymore is simply because they aren't new. Aside from some bumper facelifts, a Model S from 2023 looks just like a Model S from 2012. I don't think the Model 3 has had a single exterior change of any significance and it's what, 7 years old now? For all your dumb poo poo that marketers say and do, they are correct that people like having something obviously new and shiny to show off to their neighbors. If your brand new Model 3 looks just like Dave's Model 3 that he got four years ago, what's the point?

Any other car company I think would by now be on the second generation of the Model 3 and the third generation of the S and X. But they haven't been able to even retool the sheet metal and I don't know why.

you do know why

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sweevo posted:

someone i work with thinks stealth planes are literally invisible. he says they fly at supersonic speeds - meaning they are travelling faster than light and that's why you can't see them

p cool that you know an ex president

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

i maintain that if he did not look like that and also had a normal name like bill kowalski, we all be much more forgiving of the dumb poo poo he does

it's impressive how wrong this post is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

it was "the geography of nowhere" by james howard kunstler. i'll say that i don't really recommend the book - a couple of chapters are interesting but most of it is basically him saying that car-orientation has ruined the built environment and it was better back in his day. which, he's not wrong, but i didn't feel it was very insightful

also absolutely do not read anything else whatsoever about or by him