Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok ok ##vote Kash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Hal Incandenza posted:

ok ok ##vote Kash

Hmmmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmmm?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If he's truly good he can bounce it back

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Kash is -2 with 11 minutes to go.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh hoh!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Lumpen posted:

Kash is -2 with 11 minutes to go.

-1 now

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Wait -1 sorry

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

DB not going to vote because he’s scummy as gently caress

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Guys I dont want a no lynch in this huge rear end game

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Imgay has a vote on AA still.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I already had bad gut vibes on Kash about his voting pattern and lack of presence, but voting on gut feels isn't my first inclination. To avoid no lunch however ##vote Kashuno

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gasp!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Oh that's :redhammer:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Shortly after the transport shuttle docks with the Fhloston Paradise Hotel, chaos erupts! A band of shapeshifting Mangalores storm into the opera house and start shooting. As the audience dives towards the ground, the Diva is hit!

Kashuno, Diva Plavalaguna, Town Gambler was killed Day 3

It is now Night 3!

Lurkers:
SolusLunes has made fewer than 10 posts. He was not previously warned, so they will join ASF and TNL on the lurker warning list.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Final Votecount for Day 3

Kashuno (9): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Lumpen, The Ninth Layer, ArbitraryC, Asphyxious, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Dick Bastardly
Lumpen (6): King Burgundy, A Sometimes Food, Kashuno, Asiina, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Tired Moritz, merk, Tired Moritz, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Dick Bastardly
Anomalous Amalgam (1): imgay, ArbitraryC, Tired Moritz, ArbitraryC, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Lumpen, ArbitraryC, SalTheBard, Lumpen, ArbitraryC, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz
The Ninth Layer (0): merk, merk
Tired Moritz (0): merk, Anomalous Amalgam, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, Lumpen, The Ninth Layer, Lumpen, The Ninth Layer
yuming (0): Lumpen, Asphyxious, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, Asphyxious
A Sometimes Food (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Asphyxious (0): yuming, Anomalous Amalgam, yuming, yuming, yuming, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): SolusLunes

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

After the shots fired in the opera house, the hotel guests pour out into the hotel lobby in a panic. The Mangalores have additional heavy weaponry here including a rocket launcher. It's not clear whom they are gunning for but rather they are firing into the crowd indiscriminately. The hotel bar erupts in a massive pillar of flame, sending shrapnel flying in all direction like deadly wasps. Screaming and hysterical, many injured guests manage to scurry out of the embattled lobby. Others are not so lucky, and lay motionless and still.

TheNinthLayer, Vito Cornelius, Town Tracker was killed N3

ArbitraryC, Ground Crew Jace, Vanilla Town was killed N3

It is now Day 4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (14): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, imgay, King Burgundy, Lumpen, merk, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, Tired Moritz, yuming

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm alive now and have actual time to play once I drive my kid home later this afternoon.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

The Lumpen cop connection is really compelling. It's hard to read Toalpaz' post history and come to any conclusion besides that he investigated lLumpen and got scum.

I am also suspicious how Lumpen initially reacted to this connection. Suggesting that Toalpaz could not have kept silent about a scum investigation is not a town reaction, it implies there was a scum result on Lumpen to get. "If the cop investigated me as scum he would have said something" is not an explanation town players should be offering, especially not before "if the cop investigated me as scum then night shenanigans are afoot."

Also, bulletproof is one of the safest and most standard fakeclaims for scum since it is very hard and very costly for town to verify.

I am reluctant to base the day's execution on an unclaimed and ultimately speculative investigation but ultimately I think there's something here.

given the flip, I think this might be telling

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
going back to work, but i'll be able to get a re-read of TNL in before too long and implore others to do the same.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

given the flip, I think this might be telling

Agreed, I was happy to vote Lumpen yesterday and he wriggled out of it shuffling things to a town lurker again. Now I'm turbo certain Lumpen is scum.

##vote Lumpen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:ghost::fuckthis::ghost:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I was so stoked to pull off the edge and lynch one of my top suspects. Then when I saw the flip I yelled IRL.

I am doubting my own reads now. I was confident Kashuno was scum, now I have to go back an re-read things.

Asphyxious not being killed last night seems strange if he's town.

I might even be wrong about yuming. Ugh. Have to read again.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
You could have at least flavorclaimed, you jerk. You were around. :mad:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gaspy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You moron dumb idiot fuckers.

##Lumpen

I'm sure glad you geniuses let a scum lead a last minute turbo against someone who was going to be put on notice or modkilled for lurking.

That was definitely a good use of the lynch after a day of multiple cases.

It will absolutely provide a whole lot of discussion.

loving morons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Lumpen

I got so mad during my rant I formatted it wrong.

Still less of an idiot than the lot of you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote Lumpen

I'm sorry Kashuno :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm still catching up, but: If the theory is that yuming is scum and Lumpen is town, why would Lumpen hang out at -1 for so long without a hammer when yuming seemed like the only viable alternative option? Either yuming and Lumpen share an alignment (town or scum), or Lumpen is scum and yuming is town. Or, super edge case, all scum votes were already on Lumpen (town) to protect yuming (scum).

This is pointless theorycrafting except to say that I think yuming looks better based solely on the vote situation yesterday.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If Lumpen is not town, the way he did everything and anything to survive yesterday makes him look more third party than scum. If Lumpen was my scum buddy yesterday, I'd have bussed the hell out of him and advocated insanely hard that we should be lynching him and only him thinking it was a foregone conclusion. No one really did that from what I've seen so far. Also, I'd have expected Lumpen to die on his sword for the good of the scum team at some point; he didn't and instead argued super hard to stay alive.

Maybe Lumpen isn't scum after all. Reading him alone now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I'm still catching up, but: If the theory is that yuming is scum and Lumpen is town, why would Lumpen hang out at -1 for so long without a hammer when yuming seemed like the only viable alternative option? Either yuming and Lumpen share an alignment (town or scum), or Lumpen is scum and yuming is town. Or, super edge case, all scum votes were already on Lumpen (town) to protect yuming (scum).

This is pointless theorycrafting except to say that I think yuming looks better based solely on the vote situation yesterday.

This random theorycrafting failed to take into account a third party possibility, which I now think is the only thing that makes sense for Lumpen if he's non-town based solely on the votecount yesterday. In this scenario, I think yuming would be town or also third party. My thoughts are kind of sporadic at the moment while I catch up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

I was so stoked to pull off the edge and lynch one of my top suspects. Then when I saw the flip I yelled IRL.

I am doubting my own reads now. I was confident Kashuno was scum, now I have to go back an re-read things.

Asphyxious not being killed last night seems strange if he's town.

I might even be wrong about yuming. Ugh. Have to read again.

This sounds like a non-town post. I've made this post dozens of time as non-town.

"Oh, golly, I sent us down the path of lynching a town instead of me! I'm so sorry! I need to completely re-read everything and please throw away all content I've ever generated instead of holding that against me."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The way Lumpen makes it though in comparison to his stuff at deadline yesterday, it somehow reads genuine.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

yuming could have dropped the hammer a few hours before deadline but ArbC puulled off at 19:58 aand yuming then put me back at -1 four minutes later at 20:02.

Yuming was never a viable lynch yesterday so I don't know what you're talking about with that.

AA was potentially viable and your post makes more sense if you substitute AA for yiuming. ArbC suggested trying a Kashuno turbo. I was surprised and excited that worked out and thought it was going to break the game wide open, but then Kashuno flipped town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

This sounds like a non-town post. I've made this post dozens of time as non-town.

"Oh, golly, I sent us down the path of lynching a town instead of me! I'm so sorry! I need to completely re-read everything and please throw away all content I've ever generated instead of holding that against me."
Don't anyone dare throw out any of my content.

Merk I asked you some questions yesterday please address them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Lumpen, thought I already had

I would vote gaspy, AA, Sal or TNL as well

Hal Incandenza posted:

Turbo Kash? But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hal Incandenza posted:

yeah ##unvote

Hal Incandenza posted:

Admittedly Kashuno does not really offer much reason to keep him alive

Hal Incandenza posted:

ok ok ##vote Kash

What the hell happened here?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Merk I asked you some questions yesterday please address them.

I probably will completely ignore them and instead find someone I think is scum and push them. Sorry.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lumpen, what do you think of Hal? I'm reading him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry friends I have been extremely sick the last couple days, I am mostly recovered now and catching up on the thread.

I have not completely caught up but the on/off push on yuming is strange to me, she seems like she's been pretty townie today.

I have to read Lumpen's more recent stuff, but my general opinion of his play has been that he hasn't been the bulldog he usually is as town and seems more willing than usual to let his opinion be shifted by other players.

I also need to parse the whole "shadow-aligned" and busdriver stuff that happened since it wasn't totally clear to me in medicine-induced haze

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd vote beet, TM, Lumpen, probably Sal (he's said some weird stuff since replacing in and his predecessor wasn't great) comfortably, I'm still catching up on another 100 or so posts so maybe it will change a bit

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha yeah I just had finally found that part again.

I mean yeah clearly that is an unlikely chain of events and I agree with most of what yuming has said about the way beet has played so ##vote beet but I also don't feel any better about Lumpen after reading the last few pages.
---

Asiina posted:

It's possible Toal would cop AA and that's what gave him that read, by why? He apparently spent D1 focused entirely on Lumpen and then stayed on him and Gaspy (who he was soft counterclaiming) the whole day and only switched when it looks like that wasn't gaining traction? Why wouldn't he have copped his number one scum read Lumpen N1?

I can understand not wanting to totally out yourself on D2 of a big game and try to get a few more investigations first, but he never backed off his read of Lumpen, just admitted that it probably wasn't going to happen that day. He spent almost every post harping on it though.
---

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lumpen has definitely changed the tenor of his posts today compared to yesterday, but I still don't like the content he's producing and I would still be comfortable with voting him today

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m not merk, but as I’ve said in the past this game I think the way you were playing D1 was very much your scum game. I’m a little more unsure with how you have played today, but I don’t think much of your relentless case on yuming so it feels a little forced to make up for how you were yesterday

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Lumpen, thought I already had

I would vote gaspy, AA, Sal or TNL as well

• Locked thread