Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Does anyone know when or how the airport opens? And also, how do I get a spade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Your Computer posted:

i asked previously but didn't consider that the game wasn't out in the US yet at that point so most of you weren't actually playing the game yet -

any y'all started time traveling yet? how's it treating ya?

I jumped forward to 6am this morning last evening and went back once I was past the time I quit. Not had any noticeable problems. I don't think the game knows if you've gone forward, only if you go back and load a save that is "from the future". If you wait until the real, actual time is past that point I don't think it'd notice.

They could check the real time against a server but I kinda doubt they'd bother since the game isn't always online and you could just disable wifi anyway.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Is there a specific thread for Friend Codes and (probably) Turnip prices and whatnot? Airports are open so It'd be cool to visit/be visited.

Here's mine anyway:

SW-8276-4488-4594
Fruit: Peaches

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Diephoon posted:

...database info...

Thanks! Added myself :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

My island is open at the mo if you want to visit.

Travel restrictions have been lifted for Isolation Island. I have peaches and am Southern hemisphere (so a day ahead too).

Add me if you like, in spreadsheet or 8276-4488-4594. Please bring some fruit if you can :)

(hopefully going to the home screen to add people doesn't screw things up for people on the island)

edit: be nice to Ozzie because I think he might be autistic Australian.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 22, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

My island is open at the mo if you want to visit.

Travel restrictions have been lifted for Isolation Island. I have peaches and am Southern hemisphere (so a day ahead too).

Add me if you like, in spreadsheet or 8276-4488-4594. Please bring some fruit if you can :)

(hopefully going to the home screen to add people doesn't screw things up for people on the island)

edit: be nice to Ozzie because I think he might be autistic Australian.

Still open if anyone want to come fish or catch bugs. If you want peaches, go find a tree. Semi AFK. Just need apples if anyone has some.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Out of peaches now but if you want to come fish and catch bugs feel free. Also, you can go and come back if your inventory fills up. I don't think they have the boxes like NL :( Southern hemisphere so you could get some out of season stuff. I get miles for vistors :)

FC is 8276-4488-4594
Isolation island.

I maybe AFK, but you can come and go with no interaction from me. Might just leave it open all night.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I got a pop up screen with Resetti because my connection crapped out :)

Still open tho - see earlier posts.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Any northerner people open? Would like to get some fish/bugs. Can bring an apple and a peach (got cleaned out earlier :) ).

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Thanks.

That Angler fish lights up if you place it :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

You can come to anyone with a shop and get the intermediate recipe list from the back cabinet. Note that this workbench also needs 2 iron!

Can you buy other people's fruit from the shop? I keep forgetting to try this.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Opening up for anyone who wants to come. Southern hemisphere. I have some pears on trees, or you can just buy them from the shop for 400 each (it's still open). If anyone has some decent outdoor furniture I can touch that would be good. All I have are the lovely chars like in the airport :(

I may be AFK on the bench next to the aitport.

Dodo code is DNF6K.

edit: turnip price is poo poo (43) so don't bother if you're after that haha

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

Opening up for anyone who wants to come. Southern hemisphere. I have some pears on trees, or you can just buy them from the shop for 400 each (it's still open). If anyone has some decent outdoor furniture I can touch that would be good. All I have are the lovely chars like in the airport :(

I may be AFK on the bench next to the aitport.

Dodo code is DNF6K.

edit: turnip price is poo poo (43) so don't bother if you're after that haha

Got stuck on the bottom of the last page :( Still open if anyone wants to visit.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I wish I wasn't so drat tired or I would, sorry :(

No worries. We're on a country-wide lockdown from tonight so at least I have this silly game to keep me sane :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Might swing by!

Sure! I;m just afking anyway.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Anything you need? I'm just gonna come steal fish.

Got any nice outdoor furniture at all? That I can just touch? Like a park bench or something.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Sorry I don't have any gooduns :(.

Might afk with you a minute, have to take care of something for 30 or so.

Oh didn't see this, I just thought you were being weird lol :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Warning to goons, if the place you're visiting DC's while you're there, you can lose all your rare fish. Just lost a great white and arowana :cry:

I'm guessing this was my island? Sorry about that :( I passed out on the couch and my switch had gone into sleep mode when I woke up.

I'll disable the power save stuff if I leave it open like that again.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Come loot my island and take anything you want. Have multiples of fruit, leave bells if you want to tip me. I'm gonna be on my PS4 anyway.

Dodo: M065T

Tried to visit but someone has a menu/dialog/phone open so it's blocked with "interference" :(

edit: made it!

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 26, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Just got an update to 1.1.1

Can't find what this does though...

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Lux Animus posted:

I am reading on Twitter that there was a duping glitch

https://twitter.com/BrileeCrossing/status/1243061475100332032?s=20

Doesn't mean it's fixed. Or are they saying it is?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Pakled posted:

Nintendo put out a patch tonight that purports to fix it.

I have the patch, was hoping it fixed the slow rear end multiplayer joining. Still not seen anything proving one or the other. People who just post tweets and claim it proves something are muppets.

:)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Two of my villagers have been singing to "DJ KK" in the town square for an hour and a half. I even went to a Nook Miles island and back and they were still at it. (I have a stereo next to the square playing it - you can even change songs and they sing to that).

Does the shop ever sell other flower types? I'd like to get some windflowers and pansies but it only ever seems to vary the colour of the same 3 (mums, cosmos and roses) over and over.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ToiletKitty posted:

I can get you some white and red pansy seeds if you'd like. Can I have some rose bags? Just tell me how many you want, and your dodo code :)

My shop has red and yellow rose seeds today so you can buy as many as you like :) I'll open up for a bit for anyone else who wants to drop by. Dodocode is GF8QR.

edit: forgot to ask, is 5 of each ok for you to bring?

edit2: I'm Southern Hemisphere

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 28, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ToiletKitty posted:

Sure, 5 of each is great. I'm on my way. The name is Marce

Cool. Keep trying if you get interference, people are coming and going, I'll stay open for a bit.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

My shop has red and yellow rose seeds today so you can buy as many as you like :) I'll open up for a bit for anyone else who wants to drop by. Dodocode is GF8QR.

edit: forgot to ask, is 5 of each ok for you to bring?

edit2: I'm Southern Hemisphere

I'm gonna stay open for a few hours so feel free to come fish or whatever. If you get a rare catch I would suggest taking it home and coming back :)

Gonna watch the latest govt covid lockdown press conference then go get some booze at the supermarket :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

I'm gonna stay open for a few hours so feel free to come fish or whatever. If you get a rare catch I would suggest taking it home and coming back :)

Gonna watch the latest govt covid lockdown press conference then go get some booze at the supermarket :)

Just repeating for new page. Staying open if you wanna come fish or catch bugs in Southern Hemisphere. Code is GF8QR. Flower seeds most welcome but not required. You can buy peaches at the shop if you need them - it's still open.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Seabhac posted:

Like I know the answer is Nintendo, but what the actual gently caress were they thinking with the 30 second wait for people arriving to islands. It's genuinely bizarre

I think it's like a loading bar or progress meter and it's syncing the visitor to the hosts island in some incredibly slow and awful fashion. Probably via a central server (since they say they can recover your island from it if your switch breaks).

I don't think it's just an arbitrary animation for the sake of it.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Seabhac posted:

While on some level I understand that, I'm still baffled that in this day and age any possible syncing could take so long.

Edit. Not to mention the "no one can join if a chat window is open". I mean just, my god.

The answer, as you said, is Nintendo. Anything that could possibly alter the game state is blocked in a very paranoid way.

Also, still open GF8QR, Southern Lockdown Hemisphere.

Also also, please don't pick flowers - you can't plant them like that, they are just a decoration.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Opening up again. Southern hemisphere. Come fish or whatevs. If you have any flower seeds you can bring that's be a bonus. I'm semi-afk sitting on the barstool by the airport :) Shop is open too (dunno why that guy earlier said it wasn't in AU/NZ). It's 6:30pm-ish local time.

H0CYJ

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Thanks for the tamborine, bellabeanz. This is awesome. I can sit on my stool and just spam A like a spaz :)

Still open, Southern Hemi. dodocode H0CYJ

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

KracKiwi, did you just get hosed by someone "minusing" out? Yeesh.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Closed now. Thanks everyone for visiting.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

boomer taught me a diy recipe that he learned from the bugs in his floor

a while later i talked to him outside while he was fishing and he said he can't wait to touch a fish, with a bunch of 'huh huh huh huh's' added in

this dude's a fuckin lunatic

I have a koala named Ozzie like this. Is this a specific personality type? Schizophrenic? He's my favourite villager though, just because his is so off his meds and says all sorts of bizarre poo poo :)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

K.K. just randomly sings songs in the plaza so I can hear it while I clean up around my house. It's extremely cool.

E: You can't trade fish or live creatures.

I think someone has crashed your island in a unique and interesting way - I'm kinda soft-locked right now.

I wanted to ask if you had uploaded any of your path designs to Able's and if so what your creator ID is :)

edit: island seems to have recovered now.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ables isn't open yet, but the only patterns I have are the dedede flag (I used that converter thing) and the Link/Marin sprite :v: I can put them up tomorrow maybe??

Where did you get all the paths from? I figured they were patterns you'd put down.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I don't know what to say....

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

The Silver Snail posted:

Well which dating route are you aiming for?

I ain't dating no basic bitch!

edit: I also though Huck was a guy...

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I'm going to open for a bit. Southern Hemisphere, raining and Flick is here. (Turnip price is poo poo, so don't bother).

Dodo Code is DVTTR

Also, say hi to Huck who was just outed as a Basic Bitch (see my earlier post haha).

If anyone can bring some seeds, that would be great. Especially red tulip and cosmos and yellow cosmos! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

big dyke energy posted:

Is there anyone with peaches/apples willing to let me come over and steal some? I'm looking for rose, mum, cosmo and pansy seeds as well. Have cherries, oranges and pears to trade, as well as windflowers, hyacinths and tulips in my shop!

I have peaches, on trees or in the shop. See my post above yours.