Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Can someone explain the pot thing to me? Why are they going rusty and why are people IOSM for complaining about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It's cast iron, you don't wash cast iron pots or pans.

Why would you buy a pot you cannot wash? Do you just let bits of food rot in it? Is this an American thing?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jordan Peterson Sowing: "Haha gently caress yes!! Yes!"
Jordan Peterson Reaping: *slowly considering toy truck with glazed expression"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ambitious Spider posted:

this happened to me once before, but I forget how to fix it: tweets aren't displaying in the thread for some reason. any idea how to fix it?

Same here. I need my idiots, dammit.

and no, I don't have the time to click on links

e: fixed this - it was the DuckDuckGo Privacy Extension in Chrome. I whitelisted SA.

Necrothatcher has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Apr 29, 2020

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/elle_ella_elly/status/1256561685227241473?s=20

op is not the idiot

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Inceltown posted:

With Buzzfeed shuttering a bunch of their news orgs around the world the Economist is leaning hard into the clickbait bullshit to try steal some of their ground.

BuzzFeed News was doing actual journalism.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Jennifer Lopez’ Instagram post from two days ago:

So is.. J-Lo the IOSM?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That is loving bananas.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Elviscat posted:

More importantly, Gordon Ramsey finds it disgusting!

Philip Seymour Hoffman would have nailed playing this guy.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1268961388619276288?s=20

lol

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Calico Heart posted:

Guys... do they have a point??? I'm really sorry if I killed George Floyd

you're being trolled

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This is just reminding me of the lameass non-binary character in that lameass show Spaced

Which character are you talking about? I'm racking my brain and can't figure it out.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's always weird looking at US politics from the UK as your Democrats are basically to the right of our Republicans.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I mean they both murder people but at least Frankenstein feels bad about it.

https://twitter.com/goodreads/status/795777964394872838?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

it seems so much more exciting to live in the world of a crazy person

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

lol I just got curious about what glinner is doing with his lonely twitter exile.

He has created a blog that immediately got hundreds of comments calling him a prick. The solution? It is now behind a paywall. £8 a month to read whatever falls out of his broken brain.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

quote:

"According to Immanuel, people can tell if they have taken an demonic spirit husband or spirit wife if they have a sex dream about someone they know or a celebrity, wake up aroused, stop getting along with their real-world spouse, lose money, or generally experience any hardship.

Alternately, they could just be having dream-sex with a human witch instead of a demon, she posits.

“There are those that are called astral sex,” Immanuel said in the sermon. “That means this person is not really a demon being or a nephilim. It’s just a human being that’s a witch, and they astral project and sleep with people.”

Immanuel’s bizarre medical ideas don’t stop with demon sex in dreams. In a 2015 sermon that laid out a supposed Illuminati plan hatched by “a witch” to destroy the world using abortion, gay marriage, and children’s toys, among other things, Immanuel claimed that DNA from space aliens is currently being used in medicine.

“They’re using all kinds of DNA, even alien DNA, to treat people,” Immanuel said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

lmao

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Where's the idiot?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

letthereberock posted:

Fair enough...but I guess I was using meat eating as an example. There may very well be things I’m doing now that it would never even occur to me will be frowned upon in the future, it’s impossible to know. And I understand that could be taken as an obnoxious justification to not self-improve in any way. But I don’t mean it that way...only that we have to be careful about patting ourselves on the back too much in comparison to people in the past. Many of those people did suck, but it’s highly likely we all suck in ways that we are entirely unaware of.

TLDR: Burgers are delicious

You're right, that does sound like you're justifying not changing your behaviour even when you clearly believe that it's wrong.

I think you've kind of answered your own question through your own actions: plenty of people in the past knew they were being lovely but didn't care.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

tl;dr if you see someone advocating word filters, give them a wedgie. If they are ML people, make them hit themselves so hard they give themselves a concussion.

I'm with antigravitas. gently caress word filters.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/btharris93/status/1312000077020434432?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

Nepal flag greatest flag, no questions at this time
🇳🇵

pls

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

snergle posted:

my old black uncle is always cracker this cracker that. but he's married to a white woman. he says ill kill her and my cracker kids to just to show those honkies i mean buisness when the revolution starts.

this guy owns

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It's a Chris Rock bit.

well chris rock's uncle owns

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Annabel Pee posted:

To be honest I kind of agree UK flag is kind of neutral, its the england one thats racist.

The union jack's nickname is the butcher's apron.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

learnincurve posted:

The french however built their capital city in the wrong place and the aristocracy turned all the fertile land round it into vineyards. This meant meat and fish was pretty much rotten by the time it got to the city and then navigated through the packed streets. Their solution was to invent marinades and sauces that would hide the rotten meat, as the British didn’t need to do this and would serve meat just lightly dry spiced. Made sense for the french government to push the lie that french cooking was awesome look at the plain English food haw haw in case the general population looked at the champagne region and went “hang on why are there not sheep on here”

dude, they weren't slaughtering the animals in the distant countryside and transporting slowly rotting meat into Paris. They brought the living animals into the city and slaughtered them there.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Procrastine posted:

I have bad news:

(Original tweet has been deleted)

I mean, it's a weird thing to just randomly say and who cares about this guy's opinion, but he's right.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hank Green is a big influencer with teens (he and his brother, the young adult novelist John Green, have a popular YouTube educational series called Crash Course), so this opinion actually has some impact.

Good.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

EasilyConfused posted:

He also runs the SciShow YouTube channel which is pretty cool.

Like, maybe I'm missing something but why is someone with influence saying objectively correct things about sex work IOSM?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Charlie Moore is not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/socalledcharlie/status/1326885807140052994?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Kind of lolling at the idea that someone might protest the shooting of Charles Whitman

Whitman was almost certainly not guilty of murder by reason of diminished responsibility.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

op is not the idiot

https://twitter.com/redclayscholar/status/1331242578763722752?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Has anyone got a video (or even a screenshot or gif) of this seizure causing thing happening in the game? I've seen so much speculation about it but nobody's got the goods.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Epilepsy warning for this for obvious reasons but I'm saying it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXXGS3MGCro

50 seconds in. Video's from June. I didn't notice it when I saw it, but I'm not an epileptic or person designing a game.

Ta. I'd imagined it as some screen-filling thing. Easier to see how they missed it now.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Person with photosensitive migraines, ditto. I can't find the tweet now (there were a lot of them) but another person with epilepsy pointed out that Cyberpunk 77 had three different photosensitive triggers: blinking lights, alternating colors, and IIRC strobing patterns. It's not a single trigger, it's multiple of them layered, which raises the odds that people will be offected.

Is that three different triggers in one scene at the same time or separate ones?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

more like oldhomosuperiority

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

boar guy posted:

its a cyberpunk setting but the protagonist being a cop is antithetical to the premise

there's no hacking/illicit information access/cyberspace component to it either

Deckard isn't reeeeally a cop, he's exploited/blackmailed by the cops and used as a tool to do their dirty work.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

boar guy posted:

eh, he acts with a cop's authority and in the sequel his partner pretty much confirms that he was A Cop

and then joe, in the sequel, is even more explictly A Cop

cyberpunk is about bucking the system. even gibson's stuff that includes ex cops or ex military as protagonists has them pretty explicitly become criminals as plots unfold

I don't necessarily think that Blade Runner is cyberpunk, but like the whole premise of the movie is Deckard realising that the system is a exploitative nightmare, that he's murdering people and eventually that he needs to escape it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

please for the love of god shut up about what is and isn't cyberpunk

wild geeters not the idiot

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1341542712793829379?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fair enough for the cw but this is all text and pretty stupid sounding