Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

how can the picture on the left be from a healthy person, healthy people don't have their lungs outside their body

the lungs themselves are healthy, so healthy that they were able to break free of their bone and flesh prison and pose for a photograph before getting on with the rest of their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

etalian posted:

The best thing is when you are in a long line and Boomer wants to pay by paper check.

the best was when i worked as a cashier they changed our checking processing to just scan the routing and account numbers and return the check to the customer so there was absolutely no reason to ever fill out the check, but it was impossible to explain that to any customer who would use a check in the first place

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
lmao if covid 19 gives the world chronic "brain fog" holy poo poo hahaha like imagine the events of the past 4 years in an even stupider world

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

someone here posted recently that plasma from survivors doesn’t work for Covid ? I’m confused now

26 March Luigi Roni

Roni Roni is still grieving the loss of his younger brother

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gonna learn how to phase popcorn through a mask.

with a hole punch and some string or rubber bands, you can convert a standard movie theatre popcorn bag into a protective mask/feedbag combination

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

what % of us population is in those 6 states?

approaching 100 rapidly

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

the dispensaries up in WA have been loving stellar at handling the virus. like two months ago they put down social distance tape marks in stores, plexi glass partitions, limited people indoors, etc. before there was even a government mandate for it. they handled it better than freaking grocery stores

exhaling through a toilet paper roll stuffed with dryer sheets to limit the spread of covid

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

shovelbum posted:

Then it's just "who the profs think is THE BRIGHTEST YOUNG SCHOLAR" or whatever which is probably the white guy

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh it's not a lemonparty honeypot? :(

Well, ACTUALLY, this shows you're still better per capita than UK or Italy!

Are those bike helmets? Actually they should just play football on motorcycles, now that I think about it.

the evolution of the football helmet from a leather hat to a chevy suburban

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
football hall of fame tour, 2120: now on your left is an early 2000's helmet, drastically different from the helmet of today in that it is a simple polycarbonate shell protecting the player's head and face and not a 10 foot tall RIDDELL mech suit with a rebreather apparatus

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

hey man, i'm just catching some zzz's in this super comfy icu bed, don't count me as a statistic

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: Do you think that Trump wouldn't continue to hold rallies if he didn't get elected? He lives for those things, if anything there probably would have been more

EDIT:
Trump is going to hold rallies until the day he dies.

imagine the superspreader events if there was an ongoing 2020 GOP primary, as each candidate tries to out covid the last to prove how much they oppose nanny state leader president clinton

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Like 95% of bad cspam opinions can be explained by "11/9 was a traumatic event and the way they cop with it is by convincing themselves it didn't actually matter." "Nothing matters" is not a lamentation, it is a security blanket.

11/9 was the most obvious symptom of the rotted american capitalist system. it's like if you had metastasizing cancer, 11/9 is a big loving tumor growing out of your neck. in an alternate world where the tumor never rises to the surface, you're still hosed

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

snoo posted:

my wife suggested it so here is the amabie to protect cspam from plague

imagine the harvest!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i believe viruses are like dogs and they just do things arbitrarily

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Xaris posted:

it'll be a nice thing to bring up to your tinder dates

yeah babe i participated in SCIENCE to help humanity because a web 1.0 internet forums moderator said it could help and i got this badass scar. hey you wanna gently caress?

do you want to know how i got this scar?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

now is our chance to get the whalers back

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

cdc: president trump i present to you the donald j trump vaccine for people who can't breathe good and want to be able to do other things good too *unveils placebo*

trump: what is this, a vaccine for losers? it needs to be at least *thinks for a second* 50% more effective

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i think i read somewhere that america has bought up the world's supply of those pills

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

skewetoo posted:

Imagine politicising the loving PLAGUE. Imagine being so brokebrained that it's even conceivable to you that only one ideological segment of society can be infected.

just lmao if you think this response is unique to this particular moment in human history. humanity has always been pretty loving stupid and has never let things like new information and a better understanding of physical processes get in the way of politicizing stuff for fun and profit

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

remember when Cuomo made an art project out of donated PPE

WHERE CAN I GET PPE

I NEED THE PPE FOR A PROGECT IM WORKING ON

DONT ASK WHAT THE PROJECT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Raccooon posted:

False. You can.

the grand raccoon is the USCPSCs mortal enemy because, when summoned, it uses its opposable thumbs to just go around unscrewing the caps on all the hazardous products

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

What kind of fish looks like that?

that's not sushi, it's just non-covid lungs, arizonans are just confused because they haven't seen them in a while

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

kids are low risk to begin with so vaccinate them and send em to work bing bong economy saved

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

etalian posted:

A majority of medicines don't make it approved status for approval proces.

But it's pretty much a shotgun approach, NYT is one of the better trackers out their for phase and vaccine strategy:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

The current pre-phase clinical trial testing has 140+ candidates.

wow they really missed an opportunity to bring back the needle

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

reignofevil posted:

Yo for half of what you're paying the hospital I'll stay up and watch you sleep (socially distant + mask) and for 25% more I'll bring my cats.

the cats are there to steal your breath so you get a 100% guaranteed sleep apnea diagnosis

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I regret it. Stupid sub 30k a year jobs

30k a year real figgies, but if you check your pay stubs you'll see you're pulling down a deece 6.5 figgies i

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

mr pibb also happens to be disgusting and poo poo

dr pepper? gently caress that poo poo. PIBB. XTRA.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

how would you even be able to tell in america, everyone already has neurological problems

was really worried about america losing its national character once the lead brained boomers died off, but thankfully covid has the next generation covered

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Just let people work from home, regardless of a pandemic imo and the debate over walls vs. open office is settled forever

settled for about 3-4 years until no one can afford a single family home/office any more and landlords convert every unit into 4 family dormitories with an open office common area

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
just remembered that gif of the italy bus getting overtaken by the us bus, feel like we need a new one where the first two buses are both labeled with the us flag and the 3rd and fastest bus is the marlins team bus

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

I once worked with a chap named Dave who's grand idea every time he got to his fifth pint was to milk a bunch of mice and make cheese with it.

this is dumb as gently caress, if mice could make cheese with their own milk, they'd have no need to steal ours

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

the gohmert encounter isn't that difficult, just stun him with a deku nut and then you can go to town on his eye with jump slashes

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

It owns that Trump cant wiggle his way out of this. Lets face it, the pandemic will cast a shadow on his presidency forever imo

receiving a transmission from the democrats in 2028 that actually the trump sr. presidency was great except for covid and we should strive to restore america to those glory days, by voting trump jr. out of office in november

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Baseball is a very boring sport imo and for some reason every time they discuss this on NPR one of the hosts makes sure to mention how much they love Baseball and how much it means to them and maybe some sentimental memory in the grandstands and the black sox scandal or something which they don't do when they're discussing any of the other 3 major sports + soccer

baseball is a sport made for radio. much like how modern football and basketball have built in tv timeouts and downtime between plays to show tv ads, baseball's entire play structure is built to allow a radio broadcaster an equal amount of time to call a play, have some banter, and read ad copy

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
getting herman cain and ben carson confused isn't about race, it's because they're both eternally sleepy

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Durf posted:

gently caress that blurry star plaque drove me crazy as a kid

In that thumbnail it does look like 'Eternal Star' and not 'L is Real 2401'. Hooray for bad kerning and the gamefaqs era

https://videogameeeggs.fandom.com/wiki/L_is_Real_2401

wouldn't the leaked source code that has luigi also have the higher res source for the plaque?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sad Billionaire posted:

people are so obsessed with a "return to normalcy" that i don't expect many to actually learn anything from this experience long-term

death and the subsequent eternal non-existence are a pretty long-term learning experience

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

broke: trumpbux
woke: markey marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/uconnhuskies/status/1290986145065517056?s=21

they did the right thing here and did it the right way, good for Edsall.

there’s just no loving way football of any type can be played safely right now. conferences releasing schedules right now are in fantasy land and I’ll be shocked if any team plays more than one game this season.

tbf what uconn football does on the gridiron is hardly competitive, even when they do show up to games