Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

And in return, I'm sure you're great with differentiating between other cuisines. Seems a tad self-centered.

look here jack, i got attacked for no reason after 9/11 and called diaperhead and sandnigger and stuff and told my culture is BAD & BARBARIC. so you can eat my whole self-centered rear end bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

white southern racists love soul food for example

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
they did like my moms cooking though, so you gotta hand it to em

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
it did bring the boys to the yard

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Philthy posted:

Hang on to your butts. If you thought the curve couldn't go any steeper, it's gunna.

reminds me of the euthanasia rollercoaster

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I don't know poo poo about poo poo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/marygeorgant/status/1291003070789431297?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't know what you mean, I love traditional white cuisines from turkey, Lebanon, Iran and Afghanistan

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Happy Thread posted:

Also, covid brain just made me kind of bomb the interview of my life, or at least part of it. a team of industry rockstars.

The scripted-out portion where I described my a bunch of work specifics I took time to remember beforehand went fine.

Then it got to the part of them asking questions outside of that narrow scope. That transition felt like a big crash. I had to quickly recall pre-covid information about my projects I hadn't thought about in a year, so my brain just shut down.

The sudden realization that the big project I was last doing wasn't so recent anymore. Months of watching the world burn had passed in between.

i was telling some story and building up to tell them about all these industry lessons I had learned form it. But in a sudden moment, the details seemed too distant to even recall them, sending me into a dissociative event in the middle of the interview. i left that question unanswered. blamed it on lockdown. lmao

they're the types of folks who have had their heads buried in their work and their community engagement the whole year, and wouldn't look up to notice if the world ended around them

no one replied to this because you posted during currychat but that sucks dude

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

look here jack, i got attacked for no reason after 9/11 and called diaperhead and sandnigger and stuff and told my culture is BAD & BARBARIC. so you can eat my whole self-centered rear end bitch.

What? How self-centered are you. And what does this have to do with you being unable to differentiate between cuisines that are not your own.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

from yesterday:

A Bakers Cousin posted:

The regular use of stand out names in the media lately is causing me some existential anxiety

Buzzfeed posted:

"It's, at its core, dehumanizing and extremely rude and not acceptable to do to anybody," restaurant co-owner Mikey Corona told BuzzFeed News. "This person should be held accountable for their actions, to know their action has a ripple effect."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

im extremely into how this virus seems to be explicitly targeting right wing boomers

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

What? How self-centered are you. And what does this have to do with you being unable to differentiate between cuisines that are not your own.

stop devaluing my life-experience you piece of poo poo, i didnt eat a hotdog till i came to america, but i knew what a hot dog was cuz its in the hollywood movies.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

galenanorth posted:

from yesterday:

Lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

galenanorth posted:

from yesterday:

quote:

restaurant co-owner Mikey Corona

lol god drat

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

stop devaluing my life-experience you piece of poo poo, i didnt eat a hotdog till i came to america, but i knew what a hot dog was cuz its in the hollywood movies.

Not everything is about you and your life experience, sorry. And you're not the only one that has experienced hardships, maybe stop and think before you go all weird on other posters and throw around insults.

And no, expecting others to be able to tell the minutiae of your culture while you're not doing the same for other groups is weird.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Solarin posted:

unfortunately we won't be collecting data and will probably lock up anybody who attempts to

""Max Planck - Wikiquote" posted:

A new scientific truth does not generally triumph by persuading its opponents and getting them to admit their errors, but rather by its opponents gradually dying out and giving way to a new generation that is raised on it.

genericnick has issued a correction as of 14:47 on Aug 5, 2020

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm eating a hot dog right now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mike! MIKEY!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

Not everything is about you and your life experience, sorry. And you're not the only one that has experienced hardships, maybe stop and think before you go all weird on other posters and throw around insults.

And no, expecting others to be able to tell the minutiae of your culture while you're not doing the same for other groups is weird.

the minutiae of my culture? gently caress you

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/uconnhuskies/status/1290986145065517056?s=21

they did the right thing here and did it the right way, good for Edsall.

there’s just no loving way football of any type can be played safely right now. conferences releasing schedules right now are in fantasy land and I’ll be shocked if any team plays more than one game this season.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I had to check to see if the USA census considers Pakistanis to be white (answer: no, but afghans are)

Now I'm curious if Pakistan is the only non-white Stan or not

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

spacemang_spliff posted:

someone needs to make breakfast hot dogs

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure cultural appropriation literally is white culture and we are within our rights to take your food and music

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
What else y'all got?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

I had to check to see if the USA census considers Pakistanis to be white (answer: no, but afghans are)

Now I'm curious if Pakistan is the only non-white Stan or not

yeah we used to be under 'south asians' with the indians/bangladeshis/etc, but i think someone probably lobbied to put us into 'other asians' since like 2010ish. :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fits my needs posted:

the minutiae of my culture? gently caress you

that guy is a troll cosplaying a Sensible Centrist, don't let him rile you up too much

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

fits my needs posted:

Bet you couldn't tell the difference between a coney, Kansas city, and Chicago hot dog. Your hate crime has invalidate those hate crimes. Checkmate! Vote biden.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

spacemang_spliff posted:

is it a sandwich?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

that guy is a troll cosplaying a Sensible Centrist, don't let him rile you up too much

yeah i kinda figured

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

uncurable mlady posted:

someone needs to make breakfast hot dogs

just eat it before lunch and it's a breakfast hot dog

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Sir Tonk posted:

is it a sandwich?

it's chopped up in a taco shell

so yes

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

fits my needs posted:

sometimes i wonder if white people love minority foods more than they love actual minorities

reading this post brought back memories of my (white) high school french teacher saying she couldn't be racist against people from north or west Africa because she "loved their food"

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

eat bugs idiots

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
waiting to get my temperature check to come into work this morning, a chud coworker was talking about how she had to get covid tested again and i didn't hear enough of the conversation to gather context. she was pinching her mask away from her face to talk, but not pulling it down. i think she saw me glaring at her.

been hearing people coughing all morning up and down the hallway.

my door's closed but i'm not sure how much it matters. i thought i was getting trolled when i got this office because there wasn't an a/c vent, it used to be a closet. i guess that helps.

i really wish i could work from home but :texas:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

yeah i kinda figured

More like it's very weird how you're only interested in your own culture and life experience, but have no interest in learning about other cultures (aside of what gets transported through Hollywood movies, apparently).

Everybody needs to know local dishes from your region. But anything else doesn't matter, it's not your culture, after all. You're not interested in learning, you just want people to talk about you.

And you throw around personal insults liberally as soon as you're challenged even the slightest bit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/uconnhuskies/status/1290986145065517056?s=21

they did the right thing here and did it the right way, good for Edsall.

there’s just no loving way football of any type can be played safely right now. conferences releasing schedules right now are in fantasy land and I’ll be shocked if any team plays more than one game this season.

tbf what uconn football does on the gridiron is hardly competitive, even when they do show up to games

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Impkins Patootie posted:

eat bugs rear end idiots

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Impkins Patootie posted:

eat bugs idiots

Gross, I only eat chicken nuggies and french fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Plank Walker posted:

tbf what uconn football does on the gridiron is hardly competitive, even when they do show up to games

Yeah, UConn choosing to not go through another season looking like a Pop Warner team was the easiest call to make.