Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I am here to play mafia, or a semblance of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Confirming I have received a role in this game

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##Vote Sandwolf tell me why you aren't scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

Oh good! Hopefully I am more helpful than I was in the last (xopods') game I played in.

Stay cool in the summer heat this weekend everyone!

I'm gonna ##vote hambeet cos eventually he's gotta be scum.

You are so bad at being scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

A random number generator told me that 4 was a number. 4 is DGK2000.

So I guess ##vote DGK2000?

##vote DGK2000 let's do this poo poo :catdrugs:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

also poo poo, 5 days! i can't poo poo post that long.

When all of your posts are poo poo, :justpost:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Spoonsy is in my head fyi

Why are you ignoring me is this your way of not getting caught as scum D1 this time?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

So let's not waste this D1, even if it's extra long. It looks like Somber put a lot of work into this flavour, which is very cool, and so I don't want it to be a lurky game.

Open question for everyone because I haven't played in a while and honestly don't have meta reads on most of you: who are you hoping isn't scum this game and why?

I feel like it's probably merk for me because he can either be disengaged or really aggro as a player, as either alignment and both I have a really hard time reading, especially the latter, since I tend to have a lot of doubt in my own reads when someone pushes back on them.

DBD. Merk has been super lurky as scum the last few games I've seen him as scum, so if he does that here I am simply going to lunch him.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

caw caw, it's the bird mail!

what's this? a message from the aviary? but, gosh, it seems to be all kinds of jumbled up! can YOU help the night witches solve this riddle?

you'll need the right key or two to solve this puzzle.

The first to decode this message will receive a small boost.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

The first to decode this message will receive a small boost.

The first to decode this message publicly will receive a small boost

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

The first to decode this message publicly will receive a small boost

FINE: The first person to publicly decode this message will receive a small boost

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

FINE: The first person to publicly decode this message will receive a small boost

The first player to publicly decode this message will receive a small boost

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

The first player to publicly decode this message will receive a small boost

The first player to publicly decode this message will receive a small book

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

The first player to publicly decode this message will receive a small boon

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like it should be pretty small if it took five guesses

decoding things in altered states is not easy friend

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

no english words naturally but I assumed it was a fantasy name we'd need to know

Figured out around it was the key

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

not the most relieving response. I agree JX and Tokes responses are weird.

Why are they weird?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Tokes is weird because it seems like it’s trying to engage with the question while purposefully dodging any information be pulled from their response. The follow-up cagey response by having “information” was worse.

Jen X’s weird because it’s just a weird phrasing. The forced use of “our side” struck me particularly.

Thanks. I haven't played with Tokes in like, 8 years and I've never played with Jen. You explained your reasoning well imo.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree. ##unvote; ##vote Jen X

##vote merk This is the same lazy as poo poo play he's had the last couple of his scum games and I'm not cool with it. He has enough to press people but is taking the lazy way out.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

---

JX has the scummiest content game answer. Buddying up to yuming in a weird way.

merk posted:

The biggest weakness of my town game is letting past games influence alignment reads of a current game. These aren't meta cases; they're just reactions to players I've played with before who I usually read as scummy (in this game: Sandwolf, DBD, Fisk). I really really really try to go into every game without any previous game bias, so this content game question is not a fun one for me.

merk posted:

Hello, I'm also starting this game late, but it won't me I lose right away hopefully.

In reverse order, these are his game posts. The most 'content' he has is talking about his town game in a weird way in regards to being asked who he hopes isn't scum. This is not a player who is town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

Merk is victim to his reputation

This is untrue. Just skim his posts in Magic Schoolbus or When Mods Collide. I was scum with him in the latter, and this is exactly how he played there. I was town in Schoolbus and he killed me N1, where he posted exactly as low effort. Merks town game isn't throwing down a D1 vote by calling people town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

There’s not really anything for merk to respond to imo

“You aren’t like this” doesn’t allow for a lot of content right

He's going to come in with an omgus, shade one other player who voted him, and then call someone town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

I made one comment about you, and you managed to make it into something much much bigger. I feel that the way you're painting it is disingenuous.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Gotcha. Yeah I'm just saying like, if we are choosing to believe Tokes (which I am currently), it's probably not the right move to make even if she is telling the truth unless she was more gung ho about it. Otherwise it's taking a risk that probably isn't worth it even if she claims it's a net positive. And the obvious other caveat is if she is lying and is a jester, which I'm sure a good number of people believe too.

I feel like the whole Tokes thing is going to be an easy way for scum to put down a vote with little justification.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I have heard people’s ish about merk so I’m gonna drop it for the day but I still very much think he’s scum but will come back to it when he does something else scummy next

Merk literally did what I said he was going to, then disappeared.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Can anyone actually explain the Solus vote?

Seems to be going "My role too" about tokes and people jumping on that instead.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

aw man I missed it

Anyway, imma ##vote Hal who hasn't participated in content game but was around for talking about the mechanics of this day event.

I also agree with scumalong's vote and think it is a good one.

Humalongs vote that was mentioned:

Mr. Humalong posted:

gonna be honest here, the wind is out of my sails due to recent events on the internet and real life

so i'll ##vote hal because he's probably scum this time

Asiina posted:

I still like my Hal vote and don't want to move it yet, although I wish other people would comment on whether they think it's anything.

I agree with taste and it is opportunistic and Jen's OMGUS on him is a bad reason for a vote, but I dunno this feels like real emotion right now? Jen's reason is a bad reason, but I don't know if it's a scummy reason.

I could probably get behind a merk vote.

Also if nothing else, would vote a lurker at deadline. Chic's having a rough weekend and may replace out, so I'd choose pera or yuming who only have 3 and 4 posts.

"I'll vote basically anyone"

Asiina posted:

Oh, you presumably meant Hal.

So you did read my post where I explained my vote on him and then chose to ignore it in the other section while talking about content policing?

"Like my vote on Hal is totally super justified please don't actually read how I justified it"

Asiina posted:

Alternatively it's Day 1 and I don't think that it's a slam dunk case, but was what stuck out to me at the time.

Quickly changed tone.

Asiina posted:

Spoonsy and Sub Rosa are my preferences for today.

Honestly, the Sandwolf and merk fight just made my eyes glaze over.

I couldn't even tell what they were arguing about eventually beyond "oh come on how is it not obvious this guy is scum!"

Easily dropped Hal. The merk and sandwolf comment is bullshit because Asiina dropped a proxy omgus on Subrosa to defend merk.

I think it is likely Asiina is scum.

##Vote Asiina

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

"proxy omgus"

lmao what

You voting subrosa for also calling out merk, who I believe is your scumbuddy.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

This is putting the cart before the horse, no?

What if merk isn’t scum?

Then they're just bad at mafia :shrug:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

I mean this would fit the third and fifth vote are usually scum theory of olde.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

that's assuming a lot about two players?

It's a working theory, but it does not cancel out the rest of my entire case if merk is town so maybe look at the rest of that jerk

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jen X posted:

lmao

anyway fwiw spoonsy is actually telling the truth, though I have no idea how he has this info, but it's a weird unconfirmed masonry (talk only at night, privately vote for kill target) not a team

it's why solus poking at tokes for being weird about her presence in it (presumably) is totally fine in my books and tokes voting for asiina — after directly wishing to die to aid asiina (and solus and me) is such a strange thing

I think Jen X and Asiina are the scum.

Jen X posted:

I think it's tokes, if anyone

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Yeah, out of the four of us I don't think it's tokes, though I don't think she thought through her sacrifice all the way- I think she wanted it to be easier for us to use the NK, but didn't think enough of it through if one was scum. Hard to choose between jx and asiina, but given that scum tends to agree with me because I'm good at being wrong, I'd suspect asiina the most.

Don't think scum spoons would blow this up for apparent small benefit, unless they're fully flailing.

Would prefer hum at this point still and I'll switch off spoons for that: ##vote hum

???

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Because hum and spoons were still my top two reads before spoons dropped all the dimes and I don't see a significant benefit for scum spoons to do this? By no means do we have to pick someone from these four and I don't understand why you and dgk seem to be implying that?

I'm not implying that at all, and I thought Asiina was scummy BEFORE the whole thing. I don't know why you're trying to paint my actions as something they aren't.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I am unlikely to move my vote from Asiina unless someone literally scumclaims.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

DGK, we've been on the same page in regards to merk. What do you think about my recent posts? I think Tokes is the one aligned with merk, not Asiina.

Not bad, something revisit tomorrow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

This is exactly who I expected was scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The question now is was Asiina the victim of a best option majority rush or were people trying to steer it that way? Asiina looked insanely town compared while posting towards the end compared to Tokes who was the other person in the masonry getting votes at the end, but if Jen is the only scum in that group then I guess we were bound to hit town between the two (if we assume there is only 1 scum in that group).

To be safe, I am assuming 50% scum in that group. I was unwilling to move my vote off of Asiina, mostly because I thought they were scum but at the end because no matter what happened there was/is something to learn from interactions around her.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I thought it was Asiina at the start of content D1, then Jen, then Tokes by the end after being pretty sure she was town because the claim was way too weird. Solus has felt fine to me the entire time.

I agree that at the end of D1 Asiina came off more town. I became increasingly convinced Jen was scum due to her posting, and voiced my suspicion. Which resulted in me being roleblocked last night. I am suspicious of Solus based on the Jen/Solus interactions.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

As if it were organically written*

Scum merk talks about how town merk plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

Page 7

Page 11

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.

Spoonsy posted:

I’m actually very good with this

##vote Asiina

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.