Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Solovey posted:

he doesn't get to drop the 'tia' until he also gets to gently caress

good thing my alt is still single :pervert:

Given this there is another way to interpret her statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

Given how Azem is a title, there must have been multiple azems who wandered the world as superhuman giants with who could create whatever they needed to solve problems.

And if people built sun-emblazoned monuments to an azem for their heroism, then they get misinterpreted as a god or goddess after a long cycle of populations getting wiped out amd resetting the area and finding what appears to be a shrine to a sun deity.

So basically the WoL was Dr Manhattan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Emet Selch in SHB also makes a bit more sense now. He was the last ancient after we cut through the others - Elidibus was a primal and wasn’t a real person anymore. It makes the entire plot of SHB some sort of elaborate suicide by WoL.

I thought it was supposed to be WoL as an ancient, but then it’d have been a fist punch and not the hand wave.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Primals love theatrics.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

If 6.0 involves giant awkward Alphinaud hitting his head on door frames it will be surpass all my expectations.

#makealphinaudtallevenforanelezen2021

Pictured, the twins bickering in 6.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLPL1qRhn8

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did people complain about there being too much stuff to do to unlock the Ivalice raids? Because the NieR unlock quests are breakneck in comparison.

They probably could do more with the intermission quests and the ones post-raid if they wanted to, though

I found the ivalice raids had way too much exposition between raids and that was the first quest chain I just started clicking through.

Maybe there'll be more quests in the .4 patch? There was just one added in 5.2

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

erenoyo posted:

Congratulations, you have now played a Nier game

A Nier game via installments would be pretty annoying.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousBreakableSnoodAMPTropPunch

WOLEX will use Hallowed Ground if you ever try to use a damaging limit break on him :lmao:

Why couldn't he use living dead.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arist posted:

I don't actually know enough about LBs to know if that's sarcasm lmao

A melee LB3 is 9000 potency. Lets say 8s is 4 gcds that are interrupted, thats an average of 281.5 potency per person per gcd.

So, no. Not good.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arist posted:

Jeez, I use MCH for my high end content these days, I can probably cover two people for that in the right circumstances

Strictly speaking you can't compare potency directly across classes like I just did but yeah its bad.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmm, point. Looking at my last e8s clear the melee lb3 was 733k so thats somewhat closer than I would've initially thought.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

erenoyo posted:

The "Elidibus is a child" theory doesn't really convince me for one reason: why would a sitting member of the council of leadership for their society be a child? I think people are just reading too much into that he appeared small at the end. He never acts childish -- his black and white worldview is a result of him being a primal, not a kid

In that interpretation hes not the sitting member of a council, hes the voice of a primal. Emet Selch was the last Amaurotian.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

erenoyo posted:

Ok but none of this explains why a child would be in a position of leadership

You don’t get it. The child no longer exists - he was used to create the primal. Elidibus is zodiark’s messenger. The child died 10,000 or whatever years ago.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

What does that mean for Zodiark, anyway, now that it's a heartless angel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YakPKHMvs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

erenoyo posted:

I know that but he was still at one point a child on the Convocation

The previous Elidibus left, theres nothing that indicates that he wasn't chosen specifically to become Zodiark.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Farg posted:

no way this all doesn't end with a zodiark v hydaelyn mech battle. the only question is who our opponent is and who is piloting what

"oh we have both kinds of anime - mecha and magic girl"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Not to get too political in a random thread, but to follow up on the idea reflected in the thread title... gently caress, I can't stop thinking about this quote and reading it in Elidibus's voice

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1297570544867475458

"To me, warriors of Light!" -- Joe Biden

Forgiven Plagiarist.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I legitimately do not know what a fancam is and it is one of the latest things to make me feel old

I mean, it seems pretty self explanatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvZcN9LW4bI&t=29s

Its clips from phone recorded bootlegs of k-pop live shows

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

erenoyo posted:

Wait, if Elidibus was a primal, why didn't he just temper everyone. Could've tempered all the Scions and the Exarch etc

Presumably the same reason that Ysayle didn't temper all of us.

...unless she did?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He is powered by an abstract concept - hope.

The problem probably is that he’s not really the “real” primal - that’s still in orbit. He’s like an add or something.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

We’ve already seen a primal like that though - Ysayle/Shiva.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also T9.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Actually you need to do it 98 more times, get the dragon on your 99th clear and then realize you actually already have all the weapons from blindly hitting greed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

One alliance has to forfeit their chance at the costumes/music/minions in order to give everyone a buff that's mandatory to clear the raid.

Deleting housing districts would be more like deleting your save.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AstrialJam posted:

The "Emet-Selch's title is also the Architect" is I think fanon that just spread so much that everyone assumed it was canon.

Emet-Selch being "the architect" and Hythlodaeus being the head of the Bureau of the Architect in Amaurot is still quite possible.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Zenos is gonna get a "redemption" arc where he just refuses to ever stay dead so we give up on killing him and just give him a linkpearl and say he can just call and say "fite me" any time and we'll come running, no need to do a genocide just to get our attention

The new Stone, Sea, Sky.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

There is no way this doesn't end with Zodiark and Hydaelyn annihilating each other like antiparticles or something. They're forces of nature, not "good" and "bad".

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The last time I got any comments on being a roegadame was in the first eden tier I joined a pf group for what was an all popoto static.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FortMan posted:

"Ms. Hobbesmaster, are you our chaperone?"

I was a SCH so yes, yes I was! :v:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jetrauben posted:

Bojza is just War Crime Central in general. Horrifically unethical war machine experimentation, deliberately targeting medics (on our part, even!), attempted mass executions, etc. It's not a nice place!

Medics aren't protected if "they are used to commit the acts harmful to the enemy."

In Bozja "medics" are wandering around with better weaponry than some of the "combatants"!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jetrauben posted:

The FATE does explicitly state "the targeting of chirugeons is normally frowned upon," and basically says it's just because they're too good at their jobs.

Have they ever gone into out of combat medical care and in combat healing because the last time I remember something explicit it was when Ishgardians were being amazed that their wounds were disappearing in an AST job quest.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The game in general is extremely inconsistent about the actual practical efficacy of healing magic, especially about how effective it is at healing life threatening trauma. In general it seems to hover around the idea that healing magic as practiced by the WoL is more like extremely efficient first aid.

I was thinking about this during the endwalker trailer - Alisaie is KO'd after her verholy cast, right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Veev posted:

Once you start getting internal damage that's where cutscene magic stops working.

You can stabilize people though like in that early SB cutscene where Krile yells at you for being a healer and not helping for the first and last time ever it seems.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

The good news is Zadnor goes by really quickly so we can reasonably stop using spoiler tags for it after the weekend

Is it fast even at min mettle which is what 10? (Though cll and dr gave me 11)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess I should go do that before trying for CLL relic runs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the dragon rep

ehll tou flew in with the WoL but is too busy running a food cart outside

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeruel posted:

Do we ever get called Champions?

also end of 5.55 stuff Why does everyone decide to look at the moon all of a sudden

There was a lunar eclipse, they’re cool, you should find when one is happening where you live.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

I finally finished every Custom Delivery questline. I really appreciate that most of them are stuff like “feed the orphans”, “help introduce this isolated village to the rest of the world”, or “help solve classism by helping a hospital” and then there’s Kai-Shirr’s, which is “save the local strip joint”

I want the continuing tales with ehll tou where you teach him about the market board.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Moofia Boss Val posted:

The whole "Primals being an existential threat to the world because eventually there won't be any aether left" is old ARR lore that appears to have been quietly forgotten (like a lot of ARR lore), as it's never brought up again. We summon Primals in the Eden storyline and it's never brought up. The draining of aether surrounding Fandaniel's towers are ascribed to the towers doing it, not the Lunar Primals.

Thats not really true though, Alexander needing a ton of aether just to move one arm was a pretty big plot point in those raids. In the Eden storyline grabbing some aether from the all light areas probably didn't matter much.

Badger of Basra posted:

Isn’t the whole point of summoning the primals in eden is that they gently caress with the aether

The aether's alignment, presumably some is consumed in the process of doing so but I'm not sure thermodynamics can be applied to aether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Raelle posted:

I was being pretty glib, sorry. I find it personally frustrating how widespread the instinct of assigning the traditional "hubris" as the reason for the Ancients' downfall when Shadowbringers is a deeply compassionate story that went out of its way to not do that. Just a pet peeve!

I’d say hubris is a big undercurrent