Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
This poo poo is bananas. This season has gone all in on jumping as many sharks as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Willo567 posted:

One thing to note about that video - it was recorded yesterday, as Trump says he got back the day before (Monday).

I was just kinda chalking that up to the usual brain worms, honestly.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tim Whatley posted:

Laughing my rear end off that the president just shouts GOOD LUCK at the end

That’s been his administration’s response since the beginning of the pandemic. Why change messaging now?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

seriously, what is the reason for him being unable to open his right eye fully?

He’s a weird homunculus born out of Big Macs, right-wing rage, and Sudafed. I think it’s kinda like trying to examine that leg thing he’s got going on. Good luck on figuring it out!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

hi it's vince with regeneron. Your gonna love my dead fetuses.

:hmbol:

You and I went to the same place. I posted this a little earlier in the Superspreader thread.

generic one posted:

This has QVC at 2AM energy. Slap Chop guy’s on next.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

I would do anything if I could be in the timeline where he makes the speech from the balcony and in a flailing coughing fit falls off and dies.

There’s a pretty decent chance that happens, so... light some candles? Quick, who’s the patron saint of justice?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Republicans posted:

He would do it on OANN but nobody watches it.

That might be the only network willing to host a town hall for the Superspreader In Chief.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Ringo Star Get posted:

They should have him in a clear plexiglass box.

Yeah, I have a feeling any of the major networks are gonna make a bunch of demands that he won’t wanna do, hence why they’re still in discussions and don’t have anything lined up already.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

punk rebel ecks posted:

That said, it was very obvious that Jason Jones was racist due to his beef with Wyatt.

What was the beef there? I remember reading that Stewart and Cenac got into an argument about the way Ben Carson was portrayed on the show, but don’t remember anything about Jones and Cenac.

Not doubting you, just curious.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Yeah, this poo poo is what she’s been pulling all along. Good lead up questions by Harris, though. Puts it in perspective how ridiculous her answers have been.

Barrett is legit terrifying. In comparison to Judge Beer, she’s cool, calm, collected, and totally non-committal on any of the most concerning issues. She’ll get confirmed, and then she gets to make her Gilead-level opinions heard on the Supreme Court for decades.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Youth Decay posted:

She really needs to be pressed harder to give yes/no answers here. If they're going to ram her through anyway we at least need to get her whackadoo opinions on the record before she goes into SCOTUS judge hiding.

I was watching while eating lunch a little earlier and Blumenthal was hammering that exact point. He straight up asked her for a yes or no answer a few times and she just rephrased her previous non-committal answers. Not much you can do about that but call her out on it and move on, since they’ve got limited time.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Arkage posted:

While the NYPost story about Hunter stuff is unconfirmed, it does seems pretty drat likely that the info is from his harddrive. I mean there was literally a video of him smoking crack and having sex, along with a bunch of selfies. Can't really fake that stuff.

Here’s why nobody other than the NY Post and Maggie Haberman (which, you know, says a lot) are boosting the story: Nobody cares if it’s real. There’s nothing really incriminating there, and the vast majority of folks in this country know at least one person who has dealt with addiction in one form or another.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Sir Lemming posted:

The problem with Trump trying to throw Joe Biden off his game is that as soon as Biden stutters or has a moment of hesitation, Trump will start yelling stuff again before the moment can really sink in and result in anything. He has no clue how to play this.

I don’t know if it’s as much about not having any clue as it is not having any ability to control his internal monologue. The guy can barely control himself during friendly interviews, and when he somehow manages to do so, his body language and facial expressions just make him look unhinged.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Well, that’s funny.

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinberg/status/1319399651825623040?s=21

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Cacator posted:

I'm having a hard time believing this is from the GRU because I can't imagine they are this incompetent.

Does Russia have a Punk’d equivalent?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

selec posted:

Unknowable until we have more actual evidence:

1. Are the emails and texts authentic? I lean towards yes because I do think there’s some amount of three-letter-agency involvement and the pattern with those agencies is to gently caress with context, not so much content, for western and particularly US audiences. This is for a variety of reasons, but entirely fake poo poo is hard to put over, much much harder than real poo poo you remove from context to allow you to spin a narrative about it.

Did you miss these while you were typing all that out?

edit: Adding the posts for reference instead of just the tweets.

Potato Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, it's the loving Russians.

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1319395897843863553?s=19

Oh my loving God. Two weeks to go and there's the smoking gun.

generic one fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 22, 2020

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, has anyone said it's fake? This is a pretty pathetic 'scandal' without more proof but it's real weird to hear people say 'it must be fake' when the people involved aren't even saying that.

Why even bother legitimizing it? The whole pig-fucker denial strategy goes out the window when the accusers are widely acknowledged for being pathological liars.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Lord Hydronium posted:

If Biden wins I'm not sure this will just be a metaphor.

The White House will probably need to be properly sanitized, at the very least. Don Jr and Eric are gonna be like a couple of baboons, lobbing their poo poo all over the place, jacking off in every room. A vibrant orange hue on every wall from spray-on tan canister “accidents”.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

InsertPotPun posted:

they'll "hilariously" sign over all the powers of the president to whatever the highest office the republicans retain is. co-president biden will constantly be clashing with co-president jimmy hinkle: republican dog catcher/president in order to try to get him to give up power or, at least, nominate a moderate supreme court justice

Yeah, and then they just say “gently caress it”, everyone leaves town. Except Barron, left behind like Kevin McCallister.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

ReidRansom posted:

Eh, there are permanent staff to prevent that sort of thing, curators and whatnot. I'm much more worried about them gutting the civil service in the lame duck and leaving behind entrenched saboteurs. All the "deep state" bitching and whining is just projection on their own plans.

Didn’t the Trump Administration take a bunch of artwork from an embassy recently?

Edit: Ambassador to France’s residence.

quote:

Now, yet another tidbit has emerged about the trip: Instead of visiting the grave site, Trump spent the day admiring and summarily snatching art from the ambassador’s home, the Hôtel de Pontalba, loading up Air Force One with works he wanted to put on display at the White House.

“The president brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere told Bloomberg, which first reported the story.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Are presidents typically responsible for their own beds and mattresses, or do they at least get new ones installed before their first night in office?

Looks like they’re allotted $100k for general spending (at least as of 2009). I would imagine mattresses would fall in that category. Let’s not forget toilet seats. Every time I’ve moved into a new rental, those get switched out first thing.

quote:

At a time when people are having trouble holding on to their houses, Barack and Michelle Obama have sensibly decided not to use taxpayers’ money to renovate theirs. New presidents are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, and the Obamas hired Hollywood decorator Michael S. Smith (known, per his site, for mixing “Old World classicism with very contemporary settings”).

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Space Gopher posted:

The funny part was that they were replicas of art in the Smithsonian. One of the perks of being president is that you can decorate the White House with anything in the Smithsonian. So, the originals were a phone call away, but Trump chose to take the cheap copies as some kind of bullshit power move instead.

It’s pretty on-brand for Donald, honestly.

Donald Trump’s Fake Renoir: The Untold Story

quote:

Years ago, while reporting a book about a real-estate developer and reality-TV star named Donald Trump, Tim O’Brien accompanied his subject on a private jet ride to Los Angeles. The plane, as you can imagine, was overly ornate; hanging on one wall, for instance, was a painting of two young girls—one in an orange hat, the other wearing a floral bonnet—in the impressionistic style of Renoir.

Curious, O’Brien asked Trump about the painting: was it an original Renoir? Trump replied in the affirmative. It was, he said. “No, it’s not Donald,” O’Brien responded. But, once again, Trump protested that it was.

“Donald, it’s not,” O’Brien said adamantly. “I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace, and it’s hanging on a wall at the Art Institute of Chicago.” He concluded emphatically: “That’s not an original.”

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I realize doom-posting about 2022 and 2024 is perfectly rational, but I think one scenario that deserves consideration is whether or not Republicans can turn out first time or highly motivated voters at the same rate as Donald. There are arguments for a more competent fascist having greater success, but the celebrity factor Donald has had is going to be difficult to replicate. I don’t know if there’s anyone in the Republican field right now that has that kind of appeal. Crenshaw or Cotton don’t exude that kind of anti-charisma.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Jaxyon posted:

They will pay Trump piles of money to campaign for them until he dies.

Stickman posted:

You don't think Trump will run in 2024?

I don’t think it’s likely. Backing a loser only gets you so far. Just using recent examples, Bush (after Clinton beat him) and Son of Bush (after McCain’s defeat) were both relegated to the back of the bus. The right-wing media will probably transition to resistance mode pretty quickly, like they were with Obama, should Biden come out ahead this week.

Plus, Donald’s gonna be older, and with the way he’s getting more and more unhinged, I don’t think he’s gonna be Nazi-presentable in three years.

The Republicans may try and recreate that piss-wizard magic they had in Donald, but I don’t see it happening as a sure thing.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Astro7x posted:

I don't know how you can rile up the democratic base in the same way that the republicans get riled up. Republicans are just so susceptible to all the bullshit facebook memes and fake news that the right puts out to scare them into voting.

I don’t pretend to know the answer here, but I do have reason to think some of Donald’s cult are probably gonna go back to just not voting or whatever the gently caress they were doing before if (Inshallah) he loses. Those folks also will probably buy into his bullshit about everything being rigged against him and may just decide “eh, gently caress it, my vote’s not gonna matter if SOROS!! is just gonna steal it anyway.”

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

It’s like that Eddie Izzard bit about the British owning territories by proxy of putting up a flag.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

I don’t like Pelosi, but I don’t get the impression the latter contradicts the former. Part of her bargain to be speaker in 2018 was that she’d step down by 2022. If she runs for speaker in 2020, she’s still have the opportunity to step down in that timeline.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Mat Cauthon posted:

She should have the self-awareness to look at the shitshow of the last 4 years that she has presided over and get out while the getting is good. I think Jeffries would be a solid replacement honestly, even though he's bought and paid for.

Absolutely, it’s been a shitshow, just pointing out those two statements aren’t contradictory. Jeffries probably makes the most sense, but I’m not really sure how much better he is than Pelosi.

Here’s hoping it’s AOC or Pressley or Omar in a cycle or two.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

More thedonald.win? Absolutely

So good. I want them to feel like so many people did four years ago.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1324216738465173505?s=20

Stricter gun control, abortion, and gay marriage all poll above 60 percent.

And those three things aren’t even all the problematic things she said just then.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1324439705522524162?s=21

I want Trump to live long enough to see Greta get the Peace Prize.

:same:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

He was probably asked to say some shady poo poo that even he couldn’t get behind.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Banana republic, y’all.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

It looks like she was on the transition team back in September, but I can’t find her name anywhere on the agency review teams list. Maybe her name getting noticed is based on old news?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Wicked Them Beats posted:

My understanding is that the Agency Review Teams and the Biden Transition Team are separate entities (the former is overseen by the latter). You won't find Ted Kaufman's name on the ART list either but he's in charge of the whole thing.

Muñoz being on the transition team was mentioned yesterday in this AP article which I think is why there is sudden interest in her.

Her being in Biden's orbit is not fake news, I'm afraid.

Apologies, I wasn’t doubting the story itself, the AP article just seems like it’s regurgitating older news. One example here (The Hill, I know, but it’s not the only one from back in September).

quote:

Immigration advocates are livid over the Biden transition team's addition of Cecilia Muñoz, a former Obama administration official who was the public face of that administration's immigration policy.

Muñoz, who once served as the head of former President Obama's White House Domestic Policy Council, was named by the Biden campaign Friday as part of a group of eight new senior transition advisers.

So, to close my train of thought, since I didn’t see Muñoz on the team page, it was possible they’re not actually including her in the actual transition, now that Biden’s president-elect.

I guess it would be nice to get a confirmation from the campaign itself.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Here's the only list I could quickly find of the Transition Team that was established a couple of months ago.

Thanks for the link. Looks like she’s listed under full-time staff. Bleh. Alright.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

According MSNBC and CNN Biden is starting to receive National Security briefing today. I don't know if that's a crack in the stonewalling of Biden on transition , but it seems like it is to me. I think Trump is going to drag this out one more week possibly before conceding , but I also acknowledge that its a long shot for him to ever concede. This is a good sign though that Biden is receiving this briefing.

Trump & Co are still stonewalling. Those national security experts aren’t government officials.

quote:

WASHINGTON — President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris are set to receive a national security briefing Tuesday, though it won't be done by government officials because the Trump administration still hasn't formally approved the transition.

Biden and Harris will meet instead with diplomatic, intelligence and defense experts, a Biden transition team official told NBC News. No government officials will participate in the briefing, a source familiar with the matter said.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

This is as close to a concession that we're going to get .

Yeah, agreed. He’s gonna keep screaming about fraud and rigged elections until the day he dies.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Smeef posted:

I love that last one. Everyone knows the ancient wisdom that a sinking ship always gets to shore! (Presumably as jetsam and bloated corpses.)

They didn’t say it wasn’t an airship. Imagine the Hindenburg, not the Titanic.

generic one fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

And Trump has done a lot of pardons based entirely on spite. Like pardoning Kristian Saucier not for any actual reasons but to emphasize a pardon for a crime "less severe than Hillary Clinton's email server" or his previous horrific pardons like Michael Behenna.

Let’s not forget Joe Arpaio. I realize that was like two decades ago in the Trump timeline, but that one sticks out as a pardon to “own the libs”.