Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

RichterIX posted:

This is probably a stupid question but on PS5 is it worth it to install cyberpunk to the SSD? I wasn't sure if PS4 games throttle their loading or something to avoid breaking.

The load times will be better and you'll likely see fewer issues related to asset streaming (pop in, etc) with it installed to the SSD.

A game can still benefit massively from an SSD, even if it hasn't been optimized for it. Anyone who has played a PC game in the last 10 years can tell you that even baby's first SATA SSD is a huge improvement over a platter drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

teacup posted:

Do we know what time this unlocking on digital for PlayStation? Pre load and release? I’m in Australia

Release is midnight local time. I haven't heard anything about the preload yet.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Geforce 1060 getting 37 fps at 1080p medium. :chloe:

Not sure whether I'll get this day one, but PS5 it is.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Vorik posted:

How much of a performance hit could DRM software really be? Not sure how taxing those kinds of things are. I doubt it will affect benchmark results much.

Denuvo has a measurable but minor impact; outside of cases where you're extremely CPU bound it isn't likely to be noticeable or the main bottleneck on performance.

It's basically a plea not to benchmark the game until the ~real~ patch on day one. We'll see how much that matters, but historically the myth of the day one patch is just that.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BrotherJayne posted:

Yes. An interactive medium wherein you associate with the character.

All the playable characters in both games are mass murderers who have bad things happen to them as a result of their actions :shrug:

game good

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

*wakes up in an unfamiliar bed*

*looks around the room, a mirror and a neon sign stating something about walking a mile in someone else's shoes come into view simultaneously*

*immediately slide barrel of pistol into mouth without a second thought*

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Willfrey posted:

This is coming from a place of complete ignorance, but man, if you have epilepsy it seems like video games in general should be avoided

It's a spectrum, like so many things, and most of the time someone who has mild epilepsy would be at minimal risk outside of extreme edge cases.

Most games aren't trying to intentionally trigger seizures, though, so :shrug:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I said come in! posted:

We have 24 hours left until Cyberpunk is available on PC worldwide.

24 hours until websites start putting up brilliant advice like "turn off your page file" in their clickbait performance guides.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

The average gaming PC is...not very powerful. When all you have to run for years are ports of PS4 / XBO games, you don't need much power.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Why is my steam download not working gaben

*keeps shutting steam off in the middle of decrypting for unknowable reasons*

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

chaosapiant posted:

I’m a little concerned about this game’s performance. I just built a new PC for this game, and I’m getting around 45-55 FPS on medium at 2560x1080. My specs are:

I5 10600K
32 GB DDR 4 ram 3600hz
GTX 1080.

I’m not quite getting nearly the performance my card should be getting, at least based in everything I’ve read. Additionally, I can use the Xbox overlay in Windows 10 to see that no matter what setting I’m using, I’m hitting 100% GPU usage.

Any thoughts? And yes, this is with newest game ready Nvidia drivers and my Windows 10 installation is barely a week old.

You're pushing 33% more pixels than 1080p, so if a 1060 gets 37fps at 1080p medium your performance looks to be in the right ballpark.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Looks okay so far on PS5, appears to be around 1080p. Native res for my monitor but still jarring coming from every other game being supersampled.

Haven't done much beyond starting a nomad, but other than one animation glitch and the "confirm / progress to next screen" prompt being 3 different buttons within 5 minutes it seems fine.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm sure it gets better later on when you have a few levels and abilities, but Hard mode was a big ol no thank you in that first fight. Getting some real Deus Ex vibes from the feel of the game. Got V back home to go to bed and now so shall I.

Game runs well on the PS5. The only downsides come from running the game at PS4 Pro settings, such as mirrors being hilariously low resolution. Unavoidable until the updated client comes out someday, but hardly a dealbreaker.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Early game katana is very fun, but I don't know if that's because the weapon is good or because I've been able to upgrade it about ten times when I've been able to upgrade my pistol...twice? Can't really tell why from the upgrade screen, either.

Either way, chopping guys is good stuff.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Firebert posted:

Even the PS5 version is really bad. Textures are terrible (a lot of stuff like street signs are straight up illegible) and I have crashed 4 times playing today (software, not hardware, at least). Sucks because I am having fun with what I have played (I'm level 10 right now).

This really needed another year and they really should have silently axed the last-gen versions ...

Finally got my first crash on PS5, about 4 hours played. Hopefully the native PS5 client will clean the visuals up, but who knows how many months it will be before that is available.

After seeing that DF video I'm glad I'm not using my old Pro or GTX 1060 PC, but I'm really not sure what the end goal for CDPR was here. The game is borderline unplayable for a huge chunk of their potential customers.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Secretly paid to help promote GeForce now. :v:

Honestly Nvidia’s should’ve made a deal with them to give them a free month of service if you bought the game. It’s only five bucks anyway, but this would’ve been a great way to get people on the service. Basically insurance if your PC isn’t working out.

Honestly, it's kind of funny that there is finally a game that might justify people playing it on Stadia / other streaming services.

I'm sure Google is already in the part of their "new product" cycle where they're looking to kill the service off, though.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

w00tmonger posted:

Agreed. Just get 10 for Christ's sake. Is 7 even getting security updates? Good luck next time a big hack comes around

It hasn't received updates in about a year.

Just turn Cortana off and Windows 10 is the same thing as 7, guys. Don't do this to yourselves.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Donovan Trip posted:

How do you guys even access nvidia control panel? All I can find is geforce experience. I've tried hunting for what to download but all I can find is an outdated app on windows store

Right click your desktop, it's in that menu.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

the_american_dream posted:

I’m extremely interested in penis creation but more so the multiple branches of your play through being way different than mine

Outside of reviewers that had to rush through the game, no one has played enough to be able to answer this. I've heard that side quests can wildly change your ending, but from what I've seen the three life paths amount to 20-60 minutes of content that funnel you into an otherwise identical prologue.

I'm sure a few quests will have dialogue touching on your origin / choices, but expecting Alpha Protocol is probably unrealistic.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'd assume this patch was basically timed around the epillepsy thing being ready and just includes anything else they happened to have done

Pretty much, but I'll take any stability and scripting fixes I can get.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BabelFish posted:

Has CDPR said anything about if they care about save modification/cheat engine? When games do these branching level up systems I inevitably want to do a subsequent play-through where I just unlock everything.

It's a single player game and there isn't even any DRM, how would they possibly know about or prevent this?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Outside of having to turn off motion blur et al and tweak the control acceleration settings half the time I start the game up, things have been relatively stable with the patch so far on PS5.

The upgrade screen needs more information, though. Most items I can only upgrade to stay current with my level, sure, makes sense. But I bought a generic katana from the boxing guy in your apartment complex at the very start and the only limit on that thing seems to be crafting materials. I must have put more than a dozen levels into with no signs of slowing down, leading to 350+ dps compared to ~100 for guns I can wield.

Not that I'm complaining, sword chunks people good.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

pmchem posted:

yeah on that point

I wanna do this but with blunt weapons because there's a whole skill tree for blunt weapons

but I see that all blunt weapons are apparently nonlethal? is specializing in blunt weapons a huge mistake?

There are missions where you aren't supposed to kill your target, but you have to fight them.

You'll be able to swing an enormous hammer into their face instead of trying to punch them down with unbuffed fists.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BrianWilly posted:

Every time Steam updates this game I have to uninstall and reinstall because it gets stuck at "unpacking."

Is your drive almost full? Need to leave space for the patch to write new copies of various files before they delete the previous ones.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BrianWilly posted:

Over 100 gigs of free space, if that's what you mean. :shrug:

Yeah, that's an odd one. Isn't the entire game ~70gb on PC?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Furnaceface posted:

Fists get buffed with all the blunt weapon perks as far as I can tell.

Im in act 2 and still solving every problem with my fists at least. :shrug:

Yes.

I was talking about what happens when you don't take blunt weapon perks.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Fried Watermelon posted:

Legendary cyberskin gives +200 armor so now I can do my naked terminator run

Yeah, got that one dirt cheap. Katana continues to improve.

Also picked up a body enhancement that is supposed to heal me for 50% of my HP bar if I use it in the grenade slot, but it doesn't do anything.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Weasling Weasel posted:

So, i've been sceptical because of the rpg liteness, but if the Witcher 3 was your favourite game of this generation, if not all time, is it worth purchasing yet?

Can't speak to the story because I'm busy clearing the map like an idiot in the prologue, but if you expect a Witcher 3 or Spiderman style world you'll have the right mindset.

By which, I mean that the world in between quest markers / points of interest is just pretty set dressing with some enemies to beat up. This isn't Yakuza where you'll be wandering around doing 30 different minigames or GTA where you have big 5 star police chases or gently caress with the AI for fun.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Rolo posted:

One of the posts says to change the hex to EB and another says 74. Which did you do?

Apparently one disables the cpuid check (EB) and the other inverts it, negatively impacts Intel CPUs (74). Either results in the game working better for AMD CPUs, but the first is the proper way to do it according to this post.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Just got to act 2, good poo poo except for the bug where apparently the title crawl doesn't happen on consoles.

By the way, thank you CDPR, for opening up this big rear end map and immediately having the AI taxi destroy my car while I have no money.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

ded posted:

BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER

Do sidequests. The pay adds up quick.

I paid off the Vik by level 4 and bought a 35k deck by level 6.

Yeah, I've paid him off and bought tons of poo poo, just didn't expect this. But ded pointed out a solution, so I'll focus on that quest first.

In other news, I'm not sure if my new mantis blades are better or worse than my upgraded katana, but I do know I don't like getting shot during the heavy attack animation!

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Bust Rodd posted:

Wait there’s a bug that doesn’t show the title card on console? I’ve been mainlining the story because I was told the title card indicates when the city unlocks fully and I’m halfway through act 2 lol...

It's supposed to happen at the very end of act 1, from what I've read.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Claiming that the game that's so deep in beta that the "confirm" button is actually three different buttons on the start screen alone could never run on previous gen consoles seems premature.

The open world is just as empty between points of interest as most other open worlds that have released on the base consoles in recent years (rear end Creed, Tsushima, Day's Gone, every Far Cry, Witcher 3, etc) and it isn't like there is some deep simulation / any AI at all in the background that would strain their admittedly pathetic CPUs. Sure, you're gonna get some heavy pop in and obvious LOD transitions to get the asset streaming to work on a 5400 rpm HD, but this game isn't doing anything to justify running at 15 fps.

I'm lucky enough to be able to ignore the issues and brute force this with a PS5, but I'm very curious to see where this game ends up with six more months of work.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I'm curious how much they can improve the performance of the PS4 version before the PS5 version is released. Any attempts to reduce graphical effects to bring resolution / frame rate up would negatively impact how the game looks on PS5 due to the way Sony handles backwards compatibility.

They're limited to pure optimization improvements without one or both sides bitching at them until the game versions are split. But at 15fps and 720p they probably should just bite the bullet and deal with pissing off a small handful of people in the short term to fix the base console version.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Fojar38 posted:

Ok, so the problem is that it's easy to do cool things? In this single-player game?

The problem is that it's a single player game with no AI.

So what are you actually playing against?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Fojar38 posted:

The guys who are shooting at me and trying to bring my health to zero or otherwise initiate a failure condition. I think that these implicit claims that the AI literally does nothing to try and stop you are hyperbolic on their face.

It's the lowest possible bar to clear, but if it makes you happy that's fine.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Mr Hootington posted:

Picked up Saburo's dogtag and immediately scrapping because of the junk scrap perk lmao

I was worried that picking it up might have gameplay ramifications in the sequence that followed.

But nah, instant components.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Kazzah posted:

A non-lethal sword feels less plausible than a non-lethal SMG that sets people on fire, somehow

The earliest cyberpunk, Himura Kenshin.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I hope at some point you're tasked with killing a character who is smart enough to hide in a panic room, stab their own leg and wait for Trauma Team to face gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

The rate of crashing has picked up markedly since leaving Watson and seems to happen faster the denser the area. I'm at 7 crashes in 30 hours according to the PS5 error log, so if Watson was the "polished" part of game I'm gonna have to shelve this thing.