Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

We're starting early again today, 30 minutes from when this was posted.

CommonShore posted:

IT’S KOREAN ZOMBIE FIGHT WEEK

:peanut: :jiggled: :peanut:

Main Card (ESPN2/ESPN+)
:supaburn:Featheweight Chan Sung Jung vs Dan Ige
First-rate fight. The most handsome and brave of all fighters in the UFC looks to bounce back from his lopsided decision loss to the cowardly cheater Brian Ortega. I can either write 22 words or 1000 words about TKZ: He is one of the most exciting and skilled fighters in MMA history. He’s super cool. Go watch all of his fights. Ige is a Hawaiian banger, and I mean that in a good way. He’s a pretty sharp, accurate boxer, and he has that hard-to-crack Hawaiian dome, and he has shown some pretty good wrestling. Could we call him a meat-and-potatoes fighter? He has an 8-fight stretch where he only came up short to Calvin Kattar, though he also had a dubious split decision win over Barboza. Last time out he caught fellow prospect Gavin Tucker cold in 22 seconds. I’m not sure what to expect out of this fight. 2013 TKZ would have ended up in a brawl for the ages here, but 2021 TKZ is more measured and technical. It will be good.

:siren:Heavyweight Aleksi Oleinik vs Sergey Spivak
This fight is going to be dumb and we’re going to love it. At least neither of these guys is slovenly and fat (scroll down for that). Measuring from results, Oleinik is among the top three grapplers in heavyweight history. He’s a strong Ukrainian/Russian dad built like an orangutan. He has submitted UFC opponents from places like bottom mount with chokes that we tell white belts to stop loving around with and wasting time. He also flails his arms around and sometimes KOs people. He’s on a 2-fight TKO skid. Spivak is a young Moldovan with a Hapsburg jaw who also flails around. He is 3-2 in the UFC, but his losses are to 2019 Walt Harris on short notice, and then Marcin Tybura, so not too bad, especially for a 26 year old which is basically a toddler in UFC Heavyweight terms. He is sloppy but fun. He’s mostly a wrestler/grappler. This fight hinges on how much Oleinik has faded with age.

Featherweight Julian Erosa vs Seung Woo Choi
Erosa might have a future. A DWCS guy, he started in the UFC with a 3-fight losing streak, and then got back in via Covid fights and now has consecutive stoppage wins over solid opposition. He’s one of those skinny guys who kicks and grapples. Seung Woo Choi is Korean with a 2-2 record, but those losses are to Gavin Tucker and Mosvar Evloev. I don’t have much to say about him sadly. He’s not a bad fighter, and he fights hard.

:siren:Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs Davey Grant
Ayy. Chito is back. He’s the Ecuadorian guy who beat Sean O’Malley and then went 3 hard rounds with Jose Aldo. His fighting style is “hard as nails” and “hits hard.” He’s primarily on the striker end of the spectrum. This is actually a rematch: British grappler Grant won a decision from Vera in 2016. Since then Vera has had 13 UFC fights, and Grant 5. Grant comes to us via being the runner up from the season of TUF coached by Rousey and Tate. Right now he’s on a 3 fight streak including two lovely come from behind “god he’s dead” left hook KOs. Vera is much better than the dudes Grant KOed, but Grant was an underdog for those, too.

Middleweight Wellington Turman vs Bruno Silva
Turman is one of those Brazilians who comes in as a bit of a hyped prospect and then gets finished and everyone forgets about them a bit. He’s now 1-2, most recently getting KOed by Andrew Sahcnez. Bruno Silva is a Brazilian making his UFC debut. His most noteworthy achievement is KOing Alexander Shlemenko in Russia. He got KOed on one of the TUF Brazil seasons a while back. He was supposed to fight Derron Winn in the UFC in 2019 but Silva failed a drug test, too.

:c: Welterweight Matt Brown vs Dhiego Lima
Brown is back. He holds, or has held, some records for most stoppages and consecutive KOs in UFC history. He is a self-described brawler. Some of his UFC fights (esp. vs Erik Silva) are among the best ever. He retired for a while and has come back to fight more because he likes it, with less than inspiring results. Lima the lesser has been holding onto the bottom of the division. His fighting style is tall and low urgency. He was on a three-fight streak against weak opposition before losing a decision to Belal Muhammad.

Prelims (ESPN+? Dunno)
Light Heavyweight Aleksa Camur vs Nicolae Negumereanu
? Nick Negumereanu is a Romanian who went lost his UFC debut in 2019 to Safarov. Camur is a 6-1 Bosnian-American Contender Series product with a 1-1 UFC record, most recently losing a decision to William Knight.

:siren:Strawweight Virna Jandiroba vs Kanako Murata
I’m excited for this one anyway. I don’t like the term “Dark Horse” but Jandiroba fits the definition. She’s 2-2 in the UFC, but those losses are to Carla Esparza and Mackenzie Dern in really competitive fights. Her wins are the kind of blowout submissions you’d expect an elite fighter to get over lesser competition. Before that she was the undefeated Invicta champ. She has really lovely jiu jitsu and a cool hat. Murata is a powerful Japanese wrestler who has also come via Invicta. In her UFC debut she dominated Randa Markos who, despite her crappy record, is usually able to take a round from most of her opponents.

:siren: Welterweight Khaos Williams vs Matthew Semelsberger
Williams is a “god he’s dead” striker who in his third UFC bout ran into Michel Pereira, failed to put him away within a minute, and then ran out of ideas. He here takes a step back into slightly lower-tier opposition. Semelsberger is 2-0 in the UC, having picked up a 16 second KO in March. That’s right: these fighters have 3 KOs totalling roughly 1:15.

:btroll: Heavyweight Josh Parisian vs Roque Martinez
Get your trashweights! Parisian is a scrappy underdog who tried like 4 times via DWCS and TUF to get into the UFC before he finally made it, and then he lost to a fat guy who now has 1 UFC win. Roque Martinez is a spherical fighter from Guam who is 0-2 in the UFC, but he also seems to have a brick for a head, and he has shown a few moments of good punching which I hesitate to call boxing.

Lightweight Joaquim Silva vs Rick Glenn
Rick Glenn is the former WSOF Champ but he has been hot and cold in the UFC. He somehow has a win over Gavin Tucker and a loss to Evan Dunham back to back. He moves back to lightweight after missing weight and losing to Kevin Aguilar. Silva has been floating around the FUC forever: he has a win over Reza Madadi, but is 4-2 overall. His last fight was a KO loss to Haqparast.

Flyweight Casey O’Neill vs Lara Procópio
Procópio is a 6-1 Brazilian with a win over Molly McCann. O’Neill is an undefeated Scott who ran through Shana Dobson in her debut, as one does.

Idk if the Tyson Nam fight is happening – Tapology says it’s off. We also lost a Tim Means fight this week. If those two dudes stay on the card either of them is worth watching, but idk who they’ll be fighting if they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

And here's Bruce Buffer with another loving remarkable jacket

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

That was a fun fight!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hahaha holy poo poo that second fight

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Trashweight rules

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

"Please kick me in the nuts"
-Michael Bisping

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That was a fun fight.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea that was entertaining. Think Martinez did win that though

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Does anyone prefer Dom to Felder?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ray Borg seems to have hit the juice pretty hard post UFC. https://twitter.com/uae_warriors/status/1406334266158497796?s=20

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pretty cool first round between murata and jandiroba

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Oh christ another week of arm trauma :ohdear:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Camur well on his way to getting knocked out imo

e] or not :shrug: Would like to see him throw more o those inside leg-kicks, every one he's thrown has stumbled negu

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 19, 2021

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

How do you not take a point

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

deadkiller615 posted:

How do you not take a point

I was shocked when he stopped it, got super loud, just to be like "I'm super serious now! Stop grabbing the fence!"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Yep should definitely have been a deduction.

E: Beltran absolutely stopped it to take a point and then changed his mind at the last second for some reason

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Brown vs Lima Is going to be violent. Let's gooo

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Nice

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
holy poo poo lol

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

gently caress yeah

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I was just thinking about the Erick Silva fight too. Matt Brown owns

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Daaaamn

https://i.imgur.com/O0D9D7y.gifv

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I missed a Matt brown fight?? 😭😭😭😭😭

Can’t tune in for like another half hour

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was looking away from the Brown fight to watch terrible wrestling but at least got to see all the replays. Now I am paying attention to watch some backpacking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looked away again and missed another finish.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That was some good ground and pound.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
That's quite the ground striking :stare:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I can't remember the last time I saw someone get knocked out on the ground like that

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
https://i.imgur.com/yxnTH9Y.gifv

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Hell yeah

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

At this rate this is gonna be over by 8:30

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
good fights tonight
hot drat!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Finish after finish tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lamb posted:

At this rate this is gonna be over by 8:30

The NBA isn't just rigging itself it's rigging UFC.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Dang, Choi was like 3x as fast as the other dude

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Aw

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlackParchedAmericanredsquirrel-mobile.mp4