Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

While we're at it, a global PC port of G Gen Genesis would be nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I get an intense feeling of dread whenever I think about how big that download would be, considering Cross Rays is already upward of 50GB.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A G Gen with content from all of the Build series including the side stories (Honoo, Ryze etc) would be amazing.

Hell, throw Beginning G and Plamo-Kyoshiro in there as well.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

All this talk of customizing robots has got me thinking about reinstalling MASS Builder. The gameplay is still a bare framework, but the new accessory parts opened up a whole new range of options for making cool mechs.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty much, the gameplay only serves as a vehicle to farm for new parts as they get added. I am looking forward to them eventually adding digitigrade and quad-leg frames later down the line.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

dbzfandiego posted:

Can you make a big chunky Mazinger or is it only sleek Late UC robos?

It's pretty much just real robot designs, of the UC/CE Gundam flavor. Most of the parts boil down to Gundam, RGM or Zeon knockoffs.

e: There is one set of parts that somewhat resembles the Man Rodi/Gusion from IBO, I guess.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A shame CCA-MSV isn't in, we could've given Amuro the Re-GZ Custom and its Space AK.

And the Nu HWS, I guess.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kinda sad that IBO is relegated to DLC instead of getting top billing in a game of its own, but that could always happen further down the line.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Adding the regular G-Arcane would mean acknowledging that it can transform, and that's never going to happen :v:

Same thing happened with Cross Rays' DLC, they added the Full Dress but not the base unit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The thought of the IBO Gundams taking on late-UC enemies is hilarious, the poor bastards usually have nothing but beam weapons.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:f5:

I should really go to bed first.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

You have no idea how difficult it has been to resist the urge to :justpost: about this for, like

the past two god drat years

fake-real-edit: anyway I am going to go slam back delicious kara-age with caphi and robin like a boss

we'll :justpost: when I return

Caphi posted:

What a goddamn :mood:.

Seeing the reactions has been an experience on its own, and I think there were a couple things that took even us by surprise. (Hell, I still can't believe it's global now.)

And the fun thing about working on SRW as a team is that there's a lot of game for each of us to discover - even moreso with 30's branching system since we sort of know the permutations but not necessarily how they fit together in practice.

Thank you to both of you and to the rest of the team for getting the chance to make this happen. SRW30 is the first game I'll actually be able to play, and I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I really wish Steam would let me preload, but I suppose that's what gigabit connections are for. :f5:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:flashfap:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Holy poo poo, the PC version actually has mouse controls.

e: Default protagonist birthday is 4/20 :snoop:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 27, 2021

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The amount of free poo poo you get from pre-ordering the ultimate edition is insane. Just finished mission 1 and I've already upgraded the mothership and both of my robots to level 5, and got a good deal of the quality-of-life MxP upgrades.

Would I be correct in thinking that the skill that lets you move after shooting is pretty invaluable ?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

While I wish there was a way to move around the camera independently of the cursor like other games, and it the UI is obviously built for a controller, the mouse controls work pretty darn well!

:yeah:

I immediately stopped using my controller after I realized there was zero control stick deadzone on menu selections, which played havoc with the tiny amount of drift mine has.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kanos posted:

I'm not going to tell you not to watch it, but be warned that Narrative is an absolutely terrible movie.

Agreed, though I feel like this game is doing a lot to salvage Jona in the same way that previous entries have done with Shinn. He works a lot better with older newtypes to bounce off of.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

i agree i want 86 in the next game

86, Votoms and IBO so we can go full no-beam ground war for the Real path.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Supremezero posted:

So having finally recruited Banagher, does he get the Unicorn back eventually, or is he stuck sitting in the Silver Bullet?

You can put him in the Narrative with the C-Packs once Jona gets into the Phenex, which is pretty much a Unicorn-lite.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/srw_game/status/1459032540828745729/photo/1

Free Gespent DLC with Gilliam as the pilot on Wednesday. DLC 1 comes out next Friday

:flashfap:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

Wonder if DLC2 will come with free dlc as well. Maybe Sanger and the Grungust Type-0, to complete the Huckebein/Gespenst/Grungust squad?

Looks like we're getting Irm and the Grungust Kai eventually if the datamining is accurate, there are references to ace chats for him.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

The wiki says that you don't get a choice on your first playthrough, you either get the True ending route or you don't, you get the choice on a new mission on NG+.

I believe if you tilt the scales all the way to the left it forces you into the True path, you don't get a choice.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So uh... it turns out (DLC spoilers) 30's version of the Hi-Nu has some of its Psycoframe taken from the Unicorn itself, and also Amuro's dad made a full recovery and developed an updated version of the RX-78's learning computer for it :stonklol:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Really need that patch to drop, I was able to get Red 5 back but I'm getting CTDs seemingly at random. One wiped out three missions' worth of progress.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dataminers have found dialogue for Orga in the game, so I really hope he gets a weapons-grade slap from Bright at the end of their intro mission.

Shaezerus posted:

Maybe I missed one of the translation team friends talking about it somewhere since it might've happened in X/T as well, but what's up with the music menu using Cybuster in the track title when the unit itself has been otherwise officially enforced as Cybaster?

I think at this point the half-dozen different spellings have become a meme for the devs.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

One result of this is that the more optimistic mecha shows aren't and really can't be franchises, at least not with a singular continuity.

00 is probably the most optimistic of the AUs, and it still had another (resolved in side manga/stage play) war between the main plot of the movie and its epilogue.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Bring back Daitarn 3, but also include the Gundam Build series so it can crossover with Tryon 3.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gundam Breaker, Gundam Musou and Gihren's Greed. Something tells me they should stop making Gundam games with 'New' as a prefix.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Rand Travis is absolutely forklift certified, that's all the credentials you need.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

IBO and G-Witch together in the same universe could actually work. You could have the old money pro-Gundam aristocrats butting heads with the new money anti-Gundam corpos, with the protagonists caught in the middle.

Probably won't happen for a while though, as the series list for whatever the next game is will probably have already been locked in before G-Witch aired. Might get it as DLC though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think it would be rad if a srw game used mostly shows about outlaws, renegades, refugees and terrorists. there have been a lot of them. while they appear often enough in srw, they don't quite mesh with the more legitimate organizations.

it'd never happen though. banpresto gets whatever they can and then tries to make it coherent, not the other way around.

I want this just for a conversation between Heero, Setsuna and Mika that consists of nothing but ellipsis.

It ends when Mika gets bored and wanders off.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 14, 2024