Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Fandyien posted:

is a bacon sandwich just bacon between bread? that seems sort lovely. also nobody ever answered me about whether you can get good tacos in britain

yeah they call it a builders sandwich or something stupid like that, its retarded. bacon and brown sauce. not actually bad its just kind of lackluster wheres the egg and cheese and mcgrease

and there will never be tacos in the UK that can match a california taco so i wont even bother answering that question
they have them here but its always just "eh..."
if i could i would open a taco stand and school mother fuckers and make bank

I have to go catch a red bus now and get to ye olde chemiste shoppe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah they call it a builders sandwich or something stupid like that, its retarded. bacon and brown sauce. not actually bad its just kind of lackluster wheres the egg and cheese and mcgrease

and there will never be tacos in the UK that can match a california taco so i wont even bother answering that question
they have them here but its always just "eh..."
if i could i would open a taco stand and school mother fuckers and make bank

I have to go catch a red bus now and get to ye olde chemiste shoppe

Never heard it called a "builder's sandwich", but a "bacon butty" is more likely.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

big tits flat asses

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Fandyien posted:

i like how the british stole curry

Britain: stealing the world's cuisine and making it bland and gross since 1747

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Mcdonalds is a posh restaurant as well here in england.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
why are the people in the ukmt so sadbrained and worthless, non-ukmt uk goons?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
We also pretty much invented science (Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Stephen Hawkins etc.) as well as literature (Shakespeare, Dickens, Rowling) not to mention the internet, time (i.e. GMT the base from which all timezones are established), imperialism (a concept the USA seems to be relishing all too much lately), most modern sports including 'baseball' and the flushing toilet so you're welcome I guess.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

Never heard it called a "builder's sandwich", but a "bacon butty" is more likely.

so thats what onslow is always asking for in kua

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

We also pretty much invented science (Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Stephen Hawkins etc.) as well as literature (Shakespeare, Dickens, Rowling) not to mention the internet, time (i.e. GMT the base from which all timezones are established), imperialism (a concept the USA seems to be relishing all too much lately), most modern sports including 'baseball' and the flushing toilet so you're welcome I guess.

lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fandyien posted:

i like how the british stole curry

To be fair a bunch of other cultures also stole curry.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

you forgot obesity also germans invented way more science and literature including your own language lmbo

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Ok, so dry humor. I'll give you that one.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

Twee as gently caress posted:

why are the people in the ukmt so sadbrained and worthless, non-ukmt uk goons?

a lot of them live in the north of england.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ok i'll give britain that it's not as lovely as ireland

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
UK marxist thread

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Obscuritatem posted:

a lot of them live in the north of england.

welp maybe ive finally found a reason to dislike Thatcher if she's to blame somehow for them being alive and like that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also congrats to the royal museum for housing the heritage o flike every culture but it's own

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Thanks for led zeppelin, the beatles, iron maiden, and the first four Muse albums.

NOT thanks for Thatcher, still having a monarchy, not burning your aristocrats alive in the streets of london, your loving horrifying food.

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

It's pretty though

Edit:

tada.wav fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 29, 2014

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

You can get great tacos/general mexican food if you look hard enough in one of the bigger cities, the main issues is it's SO loving EXPENSIVE to eat out in the UK compared to just about anywhere else outside europe. What I'd pay for a authentic chinese meal in Aus won't even buy a starter in a lovely back-alley takeaway here. Noone else can do chips like the brits though. We're potato-pros. What you can't find is decent japanese food here outside of super-pricey restaurants.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

tada.wav posted:

It's pretty though

Edit:

So true Sweep, however I walk down the Shambles every day and as lovely as the cobbled streets and ye olde worlde shoppes at the minute it's a pain in the arse to get anywhere thanks mainly to the bloody tour groups who seem to think that just because they're not in a rush you shouldn't be either and should wait whilst they take a picture of literally every sign and brick.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the brits dont even have the right names for chips/fries theres no way you're good at them

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Fandyien posted:

the brits dont even have the right names for chips/fries theres no way you're good at them

Fries are one thing, chips are another! Chips can be oven-cooked, fries by definition cannot.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i've never heard anyone make that distinction but it's technically corect

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

cynic posted:

You can get great tacos/general mexican food if you look hard enough in one of the bigger cities, the main issues is it's SO loving EXPENSIVE to eat out in the UK compared to just about anywhere else outside europe. What I'd pay for a authentic chinese meal in Aus won't even buy a starter in a lovely back-alley takeaway here. Noone else can do chips like the brits though. We're potato-pros. What you can't find is decent japanese food here outside of super-pricey restaurants.

You fry them twice. It's not loving difficult dude.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Fandyien posted:

Clearly you've never had proper seaside town fish and chips preferably with lots of salt and lots of vinegar. This is why we have the right to call chips whatever we want (that and that we invented the English language the clue is in the name).

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

So true Sweep, however I walk down the Shambles every day and as lovely as the cobbled streets and ye olde worlde shoppes at the minute it's a pain in the arse to get anywhere thanks mainly to the bloody tour groups who seem to think that just because they're not in a rush you shouldn't be either and should wait whilst they take a picture of literally every sign and brick.

Yeah no one should ever go to York if they actually need to get anything done. God help us all if the vikings are out at Jorvik, no one's going anywhere.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i don't eat fish. thats the one thing ir espect about the british, they're the only island people that don't eat appalling seafood dishes in huge amounts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the british are really bad at food

and women

also teeth

they are really good at obesity though, props to them for that

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
FYI America is one of the British exports

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I guess in the interest of balance since I've been banging on only about the good stuff, the things that are bad about Britain are as follows...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Kitchner posted:

FYI America is one of the British exports

British people weren't even here first. If anything America is a German export considering German immigrants make up the vast majority of Caucasians.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Hobohemian posted:

British people weren't even here first. If anything America is a German export considering German immigrants make up the vast majority of Caucasians.

Oh yeah because every 4th of July you celebrate winning your freedom from the Germans

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Kitchner posted:

Oh yeah because every 4th of July you celebrate winning your freedom from the Germans

Well if we celebrated every single time we kicked the rear end of a European nation we would never stop partying.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Not to mention that their language is English that the first area settled is called New England that half the towns and cities are named after British places and that they are literally, on the whole, direct descendants of very recent British immigrants. Other than that though...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kitchner posted:

He's actually right and we have a huge number of German immigrants and a huge number of Americans who bother will trace their ancestry to German arrivals. This isn't just through colonization but also things like indentured servitude which saw huge numbers of europeans flocking over here until the crown banned it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
everyone has kicked the rear end of a european nation

mostly other european nations

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Hobohemian posted:

Well if we celebrated every single time we kicked the rear end of a European nation we would never stop partying.

The only war America ever won on its own without anyone else's help was the American Civil War and even then it was a close run thing.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Not to mention that their language is English that the first area settled is called New England that half the towns and cities are named after British places and that they are literally, on the whole, direct descendants of very recent British immigrants. Other than that though...

On the whole they are not descended from British immigrants though. That's the point. Mostly Germans. We also like to eat Hamburgers. From Germany. And New York was called New Amsterdam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Hobohemian posted:

On the whole they are not descended from British immigrants though. That's the point. Mostly Germans. We also like to eat Hamburgers. From Germany. And New England was called New Amsterdam.

If you were descended from Germans you would be good at football, but you are not, you are poo poo, like us. Coincidence?!?

• Locked thread