Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet

didn't work. disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Coq au Nandos

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

LordPants posted:

There's a goon that is a ATC in real life and occasionally hops on vatsim (the spergy online ATC) and ATCs his real life (or former) position for goons and is really chill and just tells stories of people being spergs and retards. Especially funny when goons log their flights as "Jamaica Air 420" or approach the tower in a military jet at a really high speed and only announce their intentions at the last second.

Ok that legit sounds awesome.

webmeister

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
One of my mates is an ATC at Tullamarine and it sounds stressful as gently caress so I have no idea why you'd want to do it in your spare time as well :psyduck:

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hey

hey

hey

Listen

You're awesome. Keep on ticking :unsmith:

Asphyxious

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

webmeister posted:

One of my mates is an ATC at Tullamarine and it sounds stressful as gently caress so I have no idea why you'd want to do it in your spare time as well :psyduck:

Huh. I know an ATC at Tullamarine, wonder if it's the same guy.

hambeet

webmeister posted:

yeah whenever i've seen the job advertised i think about it and almost hyperventilate at the stress involved. i think i've seen too many of those air accident investigation shows and most of them are either "maintenance hosed up" or "air traffic controller hosed up".

HookShot
My dad used to work as an ATC and yeah it's hella stressful for sure.

Especially at a busy airport, I can't even imagine. Like you've got literally hundreds of lives in your hands at any given point in time.

Coq au Nandos

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hey look Tasgoons there's a new statue in Salamanca Square.

Coq au Nandos

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah whenever i've seen the job advertised i think about it and almost hyperventilate at the stress involved. i think i've seen too many of those air accident investigation shows and most of them are either "maintenance hosed up" or "air traffic controller hosed up".

Pretty sure government ATCs have their retirement ages massively reduced for exactly that reason.

algebra testes

Spoiler alert, the best Air Crash Investigation episode is where the crazy Russian guy hunts down and kills the Swiss ATC who he thought was responsible for his daughter's death.

algebra testes

This is the second best part of Air Crash Investigations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n16bQeo80I&t=1426s

I LOVE YOU MOM BUT I LOVE GOD MORE :lol:

hambeet

LordPants posted:

Spoiler alert, the best Air Crash Investigation episode is where the crazy Russian guy hunts down and kills the Swiss ATC who he thought was responsible for his daughter's death.

that's the episode i am thinking of right at this moment.

algebra testes

The one about the Qantas flight that had an engine explode is great because none of them really can do an Australian accent but they all try anyway.

plumpy hole lever

♥ Anime is real ♥

Endman posted:

I like to imagine AusPol as being just like Sex in the City only with fat white dudes.

And the sex is videogames.

plumpy hole lever

♥ Anime is real ♥
This is my favorite post ever made on the forums

The Narrator

bernie would have won

SKY COQ posted:

motherfucker. this exact statue is also at the new Indooroopilly shopping center refurb stuff. Does this one also have a complementing photographer-dog thing?

hambeet

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

This is my favorite post ever made on the forums

my favourite post is all of yours.

bell jar

unga chucka unga unga unga chucka

bell jar

i can't stop this feeling

deep inside of me

Seagull

give me a chip
get hosed m8

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

Hey

hey

hey

Listen

You're awesome. Keep on ticking :unsmith:

No, gently caress you

hambeet

bell jar posted:

i can't stop this feeling

deep inside of me

mills?

Asphyxious

bell jar posted:

unga chucka unga unga unga chucka

That's not how it goes!

Tirade

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division

tithin posted:

No, gently caress you

So tithin are you joining the geist game or has the character creation stuff honestly scared you off?

There's no rush in rolling up your character - we can drop someone new in pretty much whenever - but if you're not keen I'll look for someone else to sign up.

webmeister

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Asphyxious posted:

Huh. I know an ATC at Tullamarine, wonder if it's the same guy.

Does his name start with a T?

Avshalom

by Lowtax

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

webmeister posted:

Practicing your John Edwards routine?

tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tirade posted:

So tithin are you joining the geist game or has the character creation stuff honestly scared you off?

There's no rush in rolling up your character - we can drop someone new in pretty much whenever - but if you're not keen I'll look for someone else to sign up.

I'm a bit wary, but let me get back to you later tonight.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i think i was on probation when i had the ariel sharon immaculate conception dream

anyway i had an ariel sharon immaculate conception dream

Portals

Avshalom posted:

i think i was on probation when i had the ariel sharon immaculate conception dream

anyway i had an ariel sharon immaculate conception dream

did you have a baby sharon or was he just there

or did he have the baby

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i was going to have a baby sharon, but i miscarried. all was not lost though because i realised i'd given birth to a ghost baby. then i tried to chase up its father for child support by going to his farm in the middle of sydney where he lived with some ghost goats and my dead childhood dogs, but he was being difficult. i think i got the money out of him in the end though. miserly dead bastard

Avshalom

by Lowtax
our savior will be reborn via my hallowed womb

Divorced And Curious

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

SKY COQ posted:

the gently caress is this

yiff in hell

plumpy hole lever

♥ Anime is real ♥
test

Those On My Left posted:

soag you are a pretty good poster i just wnat you to know that

Bifauxnen posted:

Joe Hockeys Scrote, you are a pretty good poster and I just wanted you to know that.

XyloJW posted:

I actually like soag

Matthew Beet posted:

my favourite post is all of yours.

Avshalom posted:

imo soag is a modern prophet

Cartoon posted:

the return of Soag. isn't he supposed to be the Fresh Prince of AusYOB?

willus posted:

soag i love you

rudatron

by Fluffdaddy
sig needs more anime

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Avshalom posted:

i was going to have a baby sharon, but i miscarried. all was not lost though because i realised i'd given birth to a ghost baby. then i tried to chase up its father for child support by going to his farm in the middle of sydney where he lived with some ghost goats and my dead childhood dogs, but he was being difficult. i think i got the money out of him in the end though. miserly dead bastard

Did you get money or ghost money?

Asphyxious

webmeister posted:

Nah, Z.

hambeet

Zardoz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious

Actually I'm just assuming it's a Z. I've never seen it written down.

• Locked thread