Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

"Good thing Hulk no wear shoes, 'cause Hulk no reach shoes."

Edit:
drat, I was too busy laughing at the short arms to think about that. Maybe something about Hulk not being able to reach the toilet paper. Or anything else a t-rex has problems with.
And I just got annoyed looking for that image because I can't find the original tumblr it came from, from the actual artist, but I sure as hell found a bunch of pictures watermarked for different sites.
\/\/\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Jun 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Ok Fella posted:

Those eyes are terrible! Downs Viking.

With duck lips.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Cartoon does not mean lovely :mad:
Oh wait, he put that on someone's skin. He's stupid. He might not realize that cartoonists are artists.

Edit: just read it over and realized it was posted by the scratcher and not the person being tattooed. Here's the thing. I've seen tattoo work that the artist was pretty much forced to put on someone without being allowed to change it at all. It still ends up looking better than the original when done by a competent tattoo artist because the lines are uniform and unshaky.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jul 5, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

From the funny images thread. Tasteless and hideous!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I actually said, "Oh my god," outloud on this one.

Good luck on the coverup for that, guy who has terrible tattoo ideas. Maybe he can just get a giant version of this:

Edit: or a copy of the restraining order tattooed over it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

Okay, that's actually kind of clever, if poorly done.

I have no clue who the original person was that got that done, but google "tattoo void" and you will be rewarded with several versions of it as well as these tasteful variation:

and here's another that popped up under "tattoo void" for some reason. It's hideous, though, so I'mma post it:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Bombajio posted:

Found this one on Facebook. Apparently it's a break-up tattoo. Classy!

Girls must be throwing themselves at him. That tattoo just screams,"I have respect for women."

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

shut up netface posted:

"do you use home made mahiens or profeshional"

here's the entire set, keep in mind of the comments as well. They're fantastic.
https://www.facebook.com/nancy.desilets.7/media_set?set=a.129056650488372.20360.100001521141380&type=3

Sweet!

And a "rose fairy"--which looks kind of like serial killer art to me
:nws:http://imgur.com/wUAsdor:nws:
I thought maybe it was taken from a Froud piece (very, very badly) or something, but didn't find anything similar when I searched.

Edit: I knew someone would know where it was from. The tattoo still looks like serial killer art.
\/\/\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jul 12, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

pageerror404 posted:

It always amazes me how goons just know the most random stuff.

I know. It's freaking awesome. I learn all kinds of awesome poo poo on these forums.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Obviously, she's letting you know she's diabetic.

Made me laugh.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Not Jon Stewart posted:

I found this while googling Raw Power Iggy Pop, instantly knew where it belonged. Where is that mic stand coming from?

Cock stand?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Kung Food posted:

Shouldn't the bottle and can at least be upside-down?

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2013/07/22/at-least-it-isnt-a-tribal-armband?xrs=synd_facebook

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

Haha, definitely not Arabic or Hebrew. Not that I actually know what I'm talking about, but I think its Devanagari or a related alphabet.

Yeah, I don't think it's Hebrew.

Shannonmcn posted:

my half-Jewish friend said it looked like sideways bastardised Hebrew to her and who knows what is actually is. :iiam:

I am also "half-jewish", if it's any consolation. I might never have read it well and can't remember how to read it now, but every bible in a reform temple has Hebrew on one page, with the English translation on the opposing page. And here's Hebrew cursive, in case you were thinking it was that.

You know, on second thought, I suppose your "half-jewish" friend could be right. It could be a bad attempt at Hebrew cursive. I don't know why there is a line under it for any of the languages it could be, and I can't find any pictures of the cursive vowel markers that biblical Hebrew has (dots underneath the words). Hebrew doesn't actually use vowels, but they mark them for people learning to read biblical Hebrew and those that aren't very good at reading it. The markers weren't in any of the modern books I've seen in Hebrew, iirc. Biblical Hebrew and modern Hebrew are very different, from what I've gleaned from my ex mother-in-law.

I just spent too much time typing that and agree with whoever says it looks like Sanskrit. But since I spent so much time, I'm gonna leave it.
Edit: Ah, I was looking at it upside down for being Sanskrit. Sanskrit has a topline.
Edit2: I know we have some Sanskrit/Hindi reading goons.

Ok Fella posted:

I absolutely despise Tosh.0 blog commenters.
I skipped the top comment which was something about him not being able to get a job. I thought the vomit tattoo joke was kinda funny. :shobon:

Bored has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Jul 24, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Amykinz posted:

It looks like a badly copied version of one of these (free) fonts
Devanagarish
Prakrta

This is what I was using to try to figure it out. It's a blurry picture though. I was hoping that the people who could read it might be able to tell at a glance what it's supposed to be. I found some service that actually writes/types out the correct translation in sanskrit (and several other languages) for a small fee while I was searching for common phrases.

Also, I think I found the longer word, but there is not translation in the link.

And there's some dude lower on the page with the same word without the loopies over the top line. No clue if that's correct or not.

I also couldn't tell if the little word with the cyclops happy face was am or pam. And, of course I can't actually translate it, regardless. Is she religious? Or, like, into new age stuff?

I'm sorry. Nerding out again about languages.

Bored has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Jul 25, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

"LOL random" done well.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I asked a friend in India. It says:

माँ पिताने
Mam pitane

Mom Dad

She got completely, hilariously ripped off.

Yesss! Thank you! I was hoping it was something stupid.

I didn't know if she got lucky and the wording was exactly what she wanted and I just had to settle with rolling my eyes at the placement, or if she and the artist had absolutely no loving clue what they were actually writing. It's almost better that it's not complete gibberish. I get nervous when I don't know what response I should have to tattoos. :shrug:

Okay. I'll stop making GBS threads up the thread for a little while and actually post bad tattoos.

As long as they aren't the editor of their own story, I guess.

Edit: The last one was from ugliest tattoos, but I'm hoping they got it wrong and it's actually just done with a ball-point pen.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I just searched for "illegible tattoo", and that's just some of what came up.

HelmetCheese posted:

It certainly is :haw:

Also where is the ugliest tattoo thread? I follow this and the good tat thread, but ugliest sounds new to me.

I guess ugliesttattoos.com has been moved to http://failblog.cheezburger.com/ugliesttattoos?ref=navbar. Or maybe that's where it's always been.

Sorry. Not an SA thread. This is where we post ugly tattoos that we have found.

Bored has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Jul 29, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Fear the potato children!

Sweet Mullet on that kid. I think that might be a portrait of the Munsters' hillbilly cousins. You know, the ones no one talks about.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Took me a while to figure out that the sideways cobra wasn't a fist popping out of a box to punch the wavy line next to it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I like the fact that there are at least 2 tattoos out there with "stong" in them.

That's a queer tattoo.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Aug 14, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Tourette Meltdown posted:

My artist is moving to Philly, and as much as I love him I just can't justify driving 900 miles one way. There are several people at the same shop that are awesome, but that's still 200 miles one way... so why not look closer to home, right?

Oooh, no. Gonna keep looking.

Oh no! That poor fish is crumbling! :ohdear:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had bad acne on my nose why I was young but it never drove me to brony-dom

Correlation ≠ Causation

Here, have some pi:

There aren't very many bad math tattoos.

This one is called "Feared of Math". Those look like dates,not math, and the poster didn't include any other information. I'm just gonna take it as "Numbers make angels cry".

Ooo. Fanily is forever!

Found under "infinity tattoo". That's supposed to be an infinity symbol.

Another one:

Is this a reference that I just don't get? The "fanily" thing. There are a lot of similar tattoos, all with the same misshaped "m".

cyberia posted:

In fact, here's an entire page of lovely pinterest infinity tattoos that will undoubtedly be copied and recopied until the next dumb fad tattoo gains traction.

I don't think stupid infinity tattoos are going anywhere. I was wondering if the "n" in "fanily" was a reference to something in pop-culture that I don't know about.

Bored has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Aug 24, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

:wtc:

Because, as we all know, tattoo artists are bound by law to do business with anyone and do anything they want, even if it conflicts with the artist's beliefs or morals. I've known people who have had to go to multiple artists to get something done because the thing they wanted had either been co-opted by white supremacists (like the Valknut) or the artist thought it was a Nazi symbol (a Hindu friend who wanted a religious piece done that incorporated a swastika). In a profession where your portfolio is walking around on someone else's skin, a lot of artists just don't want their name or their shop being associated with that.

I know it's not universal, but the few artists I've seen who were OK with doing a piece like that were just as OK with the implication as they were with the money.

One of my tattoo artists explained a while back that you never do anything white supremacy related. Once you tattoo it on one person, you'll have every racist moron within 400 miles coming to your shop because you are willing to tattoo that crap on them.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

And then your place becomes "that Aryan Brotherhood shop", whether you want it to or not. Yeah, the guy who ran the shop where I got my first three pieces done said much the same thing. Didn't help that they were next to a Harley shop, either. I miss that place, if only because of how close it was to home.
Exactly.

Bored has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Aug 29, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Aerdan posted:

Leaving aside that I think the text attached is racist (we can't tell if the tattooed individual is indeed Asian, much less which part of Asia)...

Someone posted it in this thread without the text earlier. No clue if it was their original picture or not. We got to it before Takai Takei!

Quick edit:

Palpek posted:

Somebody was asking about this possibility in this thread and here it is - a Chinese person with a random English word tattooed on the arm:

Found this trying to find some more. And, oh, how I wish it was real.
http://bull-chic.com/asias-hottest-trend-english-word-tattoos/
(page loads really slow)

Bored has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Aug 30, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Except I'd guess the average Chinese person getting English tattooed can read and understand it.

I was thinking of Japan, where you can find all kinds of clothing with weird English on it. My professor or host-mother, I can't remember which, said it's actually a hobby for some Japanese people to collect English words and make, basically, a collage. But since in Japan, tattoos are still seen as being related to the Yakuza, they aren't nearly as popular as they are in the U.S. Or at least, that was the case when I was there 12 years ago. If it didn't have the stigma attached to it, I'm pretty sure many people would have the word soup poetry tattooed on them.

Just because they all are forced to take English growing up doesn't mean they all retain it when they graduate.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Aerdan posted:

And another winner from imgur:

This makes me sad.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Ok Fella posted:

In the grand scope of Star Wars canon, a cat Sith Lord would not surprise me at all.

Wonder if she meant it as a pun? I didn't even think about it until reading your post. I still think she should have skipped the inclusion of the cat on the sleeve.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

:goonsay:

Actually in the SWEU the cat people (the Cathar) are traditionally enemies of the Sith.
Why is this so funny to me?

Bored has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Sep 5, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

contrapants posted:

Since Twilight Princess

Official Nintendo art has Link in that stance, too.

Except his feet are on correctly.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

comets! posted:

Some wonderful pieces from Tumblr.

Is this a thing I just don't know about?

These are all great finds, but the one I quoted kind of makes me sad. It could have been an awesome tattoo if done right, even if it is "LOL RANDOM".

This is all I could find about the subject.

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Sep 15, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Sadistic Ink is a good name for a shop because whoever lets "shrooms" tattoo them has got to be a sadist.

Edit: I just did some googling and I hit the motherload. Here is shrooms portfolio

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435829333163538.1073741827.435828489830289&type=1

How did he gently caress up the climbing panther? It looks like it is the same exact design of a temporary tattoo that I wore for a day in middle school. Except that his version is incredibly muddy.

fullroundaction posted:

I like how he zooms in on each piece to show the detail :psyduck:

Yeah. It's like he made his lovely portfolio just for us! :iamafag:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Wrong thread.

Bored has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Sep 19, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

BearJazz posted:

I'm not sure why facebook seems to think I know this person, but hey, I get an anime lady liberty with a sick piece out of the deal.

The sky, after all, is the limile.

I think you mean "limite". That "t" is crossed. Come on. Give credit where credit is due. :colbert:

I so wish they hosed up the "sky's" and spelled it "skies". That would really make this tattoo so much better (worse).

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Corridor posted:

Is that meant to be uplifting or terrifying?

Or, y'know, implying that she's some incomplete prototype.

e. C'mon God, aren't you finished *yet*? I've been waiting around forever!

C'mon God, aren't you finished yet? Other people need to use the bathroom, ya know.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

From a friend of a friend of a friend on Facebook:

That's rambly as hell. I was surprised I didn't find a "did not read" tattoo to post in response. But I found this:

Speaking of rambling messes, here's the blog of the person that has the above tattoo.
And since I read pieces of the blog post, I know those are from "The Little Prince", which has very wispy artwork from what I remember seeing. Those tattoos are still kinda crappy, mostly the fox.

Cool. Now I can really make fun of the fox.

vvvvvvvvvv

Bored has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Oct 5, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

homerlaw posted:

I looked it up and apparently it was his boyfriend
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Athus_Nadorian

I didn't notice it was a link to "wiki-fur" and thought someone just created a wikipedia entry for him. That is one of the funniest obituaries that I have ever read. Also, I am a terrible person for laughing at a person's obituary.

"Athus was a traditional furry artist..."

Like the standard terrible Disney-meets-anime furry drawing style has been around for hundreds of years.

If I recall correctly, there was a thread in GBS laughing at Bad Dragon several years ago. I think there was a "replica dragon dong" or something. Some sort of title that made it sound like they had taken a mold of the penis of an actual mythological creature.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Multiplesarcasm posted:

It's one of those tattoos that the more you look at it, the more problems you find.

Do you see those suction cups? The ones on the lower half? I mean, come the hell on.

Yeah, I was gonna try making sense of the head, like maybe label what the artist was trying to do with that ( think that's an eye, not a mouth, and the jetsiphon coming out of the side of the head), but the more I looked at it, the crappier it was. I was thinking, "Yeah, they tried for two eyes...why can we see anything of the eye beside the bump there...is that actually a boob?" Then I started noticing all of the problems with the tentacles, including the random 3rd row of suction cups that you're talking about. And some of those tentacles are paper thin...There's just so much wrong with that tattoo.

I'm kind of wondering if they used this picture as a reference and misunderstanding what parts they are actually looking at...which doesn't excuse how much it sucks. But I could kind of see them loving up the siphon and the eye/boob bump if they were looking at this picture upside down or something.

Actually, looking at the pictures side-by-side, I'm pretty sure they did flip this exact picture upside down and sideways.they flipped it horizontally and then rotated it.

Fantastic reproduction of that anatomy pic! :thumbsup:

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Snowy posted:

And certainly not tasteless. C'mon thread, you can do better than that.

I agree. It's not lovely enough for this thread, and I actually kind a like it, though the tiger is a li'l derpy.

:nws:Tasteless but very well done :nws:
Google image search says those are Bonnie Rotten's feet. Since google also has the caption of some story related to the picture as "Bonnie Rotten and [some other porn sounding girl's name] squirt uncontrollably, I'm going to guess she's a porn star and that this is a real tattoo.

Nitrox posted:

That's incorrect. You can see Bonnie's foot tattoo here.
Well drat. I'm still not gonna look up if it's real or not, though. :)

Bored has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Nov 10, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

miserable lil onion posted:

This one HAS to be based on some kind of artwork, right? It's not just some guy's fever dream?

I know I've seen that one somewhere done competently. It might have actually been in this very thread after another lovely tattooed version of the artwork.

Edit: Or it's because I like Salvador Dali and am somewhat familiar with his artwork. Just not enough to remember it when seeing lovely rip-offs of it.

I searched for "flaming giraffe". :D

Bad version of the actual art:

Pretty cool version (which doesn't belong in this thread but I'm posting here anyway):

Bored has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Nov 10, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Munnin The Crab posted:

Wait, what? I have this hanging on my wall in front of me, but it's definitely facing the other way and there's no flaming giraffe anywhere too be seen

Uh, Sorry?

I think this is a valid site.
http://www.dali.com/blog/burning-giraffe-a-haunting-icon-in-many-of-dalis-war-premonition-works/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Aerdan posted:

Another 'gift' from imgur.

It's too bad the artist hosed that one up. That could have been pretty funny. I approve of the idea.

• Locked thread