Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

GlennBeckistan posted:

Looks like they rotated the territory, but forgot to rotate the warpgates :soe:

Didn't we just move to the SW? Why would it give us territory back in the north, where we just moved from?

Also, Saron changes blow. At least before if you hit with it, you knew you did decent damage. Given the current AV options (and things like harassers), getting close on a mag is death unless you are camping people in to a base. I'm sad there isn't a mention of fixing the various striker exploits and bugs (like firing through terrain, keeping lock-on after flare, firing up and over terrain, tracking over/around terrain).

I'm going to let someone else buy ZOE before I drop 2250 on it. I probably will since I use vortexes pretty well.. and in theory there's no mention of it not affecting bursters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Hog Jowls posted:

Modified Enforcer. The tank shotgun. That said, like the Saron it seems like it still has potential, just requires a bit different method of employment.

I think the folks who were championing the halberd over the saron have basically won the day. The saron _can_ fire faster, but the CoF is absolutely huge. It's splash damage radius was also reduced, I think, but the halberd is still where it is, which was basically a slightly faster, more visible saron with a slight drop.

PPA + AP I think will be the new choice. Sucks that I dropped a bunch of certs in to the saron. Splash on PPA is really really good now - a group of PPA magriders can actually do well.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

Cool now we get to read about this major victory for tr!

Yeah, /yell is crazy right now. The last fight at Indar Bay was seriously hosed though - damage just wasn't working for the most part, infantry not rendering at like 2 feet. Best part is the self-congratulation on the part of TR - it was NC who pushed us to the warpgate first, and took the zone that they couldn't last time. TR just sat on B and C at Indar Bay (which is no longer easy to defend).

Server is making GBS threads itself hard for Indar still.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
At the end I really couldn't tell what I could do to damage people. It was totally random - I'd unload a pandora in to a guy (or dual Cosmos) and most of the time they'd never die. I'd switch targets and keep doing that and eventually I'd get a random kill here or there, massively delayed.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Chance posted:

Since the speed bonus is the only good part of it, they should just go back to jets, since it's the only thing the server could handle.

Pretty much. If anything ZOE just shows how the client can't handle strafing, and the same issues with it are present for the other classes (but generally it's most obvious on the ADAD macroers).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Ravenfood posted:

A few ranks of flak isn't a bad investment for Burster duty, though.

Flak is really good now for a burster MAX (and to a certain extent, AV MAXes). Pretty sure it's cheaper than the other two, as well.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Broseph Brostar posted:

Flak armor is usually the go to one unless you can never get engies to heal you, in which case you might go for nanite repair instead.

If you are VS and you plan on using ZOE, you'll probably want kinetic armor because it's pretty easy to dodge explosives and you'll need to bullet resistance for when people focus fire you (which they won't because most TR and NC don't have any clue what to do when they run into a ZOE max)

I think they've started to realize AV nades hurt MAXes, and I'm pretty sure AV nades will one-shot a maxed out ZOE MAX that isn't using flak armor, since I've died several times to that from full health. Running kinetic 5 helps dampen the damage penalty on ZOE significantly. Without kinetic small arms really hurts - a couple guys focusing on you will take you down unless you can bail to cover/engy very quickly. A ZOE/flak/vortex MAX is really defenseless against good infantry (especially ones that seem to be able to dodge a punch).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Coach Sport posted:

The main problem is that ZOE is fun as hell so there are a fucktillion of them all over the place. Probably not as good as TR's anchored fracture MAXs on paper but way, way more fun, so pubbies are actually using it.

Yeah, I actually have been killing less infantry (probably because I'm a bit more aggresive) with ZOE, but we (all of VS) just poo poo out MAXes nowadays. I ran them plenty prior to ZOE, and enjoyed it, but lots of folks are running them now. I still do very similar things to what I did before when I was using charge - roll in, blow up 2-3 infantry while tanking a MAX and the dudes, charge out to safety, and it's about as effective as what I did before. It probably helps that I have kinetic 5 (and maxed out ZOE) though. For a long time people would talk about our MAXes being better at range than NC - well now I can generally keep my range.. and it's non stop complaints.

ZOE helps with bursters a decent amount though, but I think part of it is that I can more easily tell distance when I'm firing glowing purple streams rather than tiny rear end things. My vision ain't too good, and I'm better at being patient with aircraft (waiting until they start their run and are close enough).

VS got used to rarely running MAXes and oddly enough would be the best at dealing with ZOE (av nades, conc, UBGL, tank mines, etc) because we didn't have other options before. TR seems to do ok - mostly because the fracture is really good, and hurts MAXes like hell.

The NC ability doesn't help them vs vehicles or air, unlikes ZOE and lockdown. That's the biggest gap I see.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They've always had damage dropoff and they sure as gently caress didn't have Blueshift accuracy. It was better than it is now (slightly), but it wasn't the same as current Blueshifts, they weren't very useful for longer range fights.

Yeah, sorry, they weren't as accurate as blueshifts are now, and they always had the damage drop off. The accuracy nerf has been mostly undone though - max CoF of 6 was insane (after firing the fully auto Saron for that one day before they hotfixed it, I finally realize how loving huge that is).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Saron if you're playing VS.

Yes, Saron is what you want. Also it's not just harasser weapons - looks like all vehicle weapons are 25% for SC purchases today.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

novaSphere posted:

Yeah, it's weird; I'm often one of the few people who pull Skyguards or Burster MAX during any fight. Not that I really complain; all the sweet assist XP is generally mine for the taking. Getting dual extended mags on my Burster arms was one of the best investments I've ever made.

Yeah dual exmag bursters was one of the best investments I made. At 1000 certs was one of the most expensive things I bought at the time (beyond the 700 I spent on Solstice SF w/ UBGL and smoke), but man did it make a difference. You go from having enough ammo to maybe light up an ESF or get assists on two, to killing an ESF as it's making a pass (if they aren't a very good pilot) and having enough ammo to really unload on groups of planes (and especially libs).

That extra 50% ammo translates to well more than double XP/hour by comparison to stock dual burster. (Group at least 2-3 burster MAXes for best XP gain - if the plane doesn't die you don't get XP, and 2-3 will guarantee that if they try to make a pass they'll die)

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

The discounted 3 month membership.

This is worth it, IMO. 35% XP and resource boost, and soon we'll back be back the premium queue being useful so you can easily go to the alert continent and get the 20% boost for being there. It opens up a 2nd daily sale, plus 500 SC a month, and given some patience (and maybe waiting for the next double SC weekend and dropping 10-20 bucks) you can pick up some good stuff for cheap. About half my purchases were from sales, and most of my SC from double SC purchases, so it's worked out pretty good.

Depending upon what faction you are playing there are decent serviceable stock weapons, or wait for a decent shotgun to go on sale (although I think we've had a streak of them recently) and use it for all but infiltrators. The 2nd gen SMG is a good all-class weapon, and if you buy a shotgun, you are doing well for most of the situations in which you'll actually be running around as an infantry. After that it's really up to what you actually like to play in terms of vehicles.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Chance posted:

The most likely thing will be saron/enforcer nerfs and making vulcan shots seek out infantry in the area :V

Don't worry, fury will be nerfed and marauder will remain insane and suddenly TR will realize it exists.

The saron changes are driving me nuts - I just bought one for a harasser yesterday. Maybe I should have picked something else up instead. The halberd for MBT is on sale today isn't it? I should just buy it that way when they gently caress the Saron so it can't do anything but close range anti-vehicle work, I'll have something that works decently at range, which is really where you want to be rather than going up close against an AP/enforcer vanguard or AP/vulcan prowler (and the various forms of infantry AV, etc).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Sivlan posted:

So I've been messing around with the A2A missile a lot lately, trying to annoy all the other skygods with the lock-on noise.

Something I've noticed occasionally is that the missile will visibly hit the target on my screen, but not show the hit indication and apparently do no damage (at least, not on their spotted health bar). Is this:
1) Working as intended? That is sometimes the missile is a dud.
2) Buggy hit detection? (which would piss me off because Strikers seem to be bugged the other way: always hit no matter what. They've even nailed me in a warp gate, just did no damage.)
3) Some sort of ~super secret~ airsperg maneuver to cause missiles to detonate early?

This isn't a case where they've juked the missile into the ground or a tower, I'm clearly seeing the missile intersect them on my screen and explode, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Yeah, this happens a lot, and my best guess is that the missile detonates a little early and the server/client says "nope". Generic ESF pilots I can hit pretty reliably, but then there are some that I just can't seem to get any to hit w/ damage at all. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of #2 and #3 - sometimes it'll explode early but not actually hit the ESF in a way that the game registers as damage, but also there are certain pilots who either packet throttle or have the right latency or something so that if they are maneuvering even slightly they literally can't be hit by a2a missiles (see Harvester).

It's frustrating as hell and the combined with the damage that they do the reason why skygods aren't using a2a missiles, I suspect. They are still useful in the right situations, though. I've killed BCP with them at least.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
I assume the launchpad is broken for everyone - I can't get to test or regular servers at the moment. Is that right?

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
They really need to fix the client hit detection issues that make the ADAD macro stuff so good. It's getting to the point where I can easily tell who is using a macro and who is doing it manually. A guy doing it manually you can still hit with shotgun pellets, but the guys who are using the macro (.. oddly enough, lots of TE) I'm shooting an automatic shotgun right at them and my pellets just won't connect most of the time, meanwhile they LMG me to death while I have just taken down their shield. On my screen they are barely moving side to side and it's easy to keep the cursor on them, but for whatever reason it affects hit detection like no other.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Martytoof posted:

Can someone explain the lattice system to me? I never played PlanetSide 1 so I have no idea what is happening now. All I see is a bunch of lines on the map. The OP tell me it's some sort of new influence system -- how does it work?

They changed all this poo poo since I stopped playing :(

Beyond what others mentioned - you can only cap a base if your connection to that base (along the lattice) is not contested. This also applies to killing generators (but not hacking turrets/terminals). Even if you have all the points at the your base that's connected to the one you are attacking, you have to wait until it's fully capped back in order to start the cap on the base you are attacking.

This bit TE really bad a couple days ago - they dropped hard on Hvar Northgate, but we already were capping Quartz (this happened several times) so they couldn't cap Hvar Northgate.

They also changed it so SCU shields are not run by generators anymore - they automatically drop when a base is 75% capped (so 2:30 to go if you have all the points). This actually makes biolabs even worse than before (in fact, they are utterly horrible to attack), and amp stations you need to keep both shield gens down otherwise you can get easily trapped.

Note that on non-lattice continents this is also true (at least for gens) - if you are attacking Eisa and your only connected base/hex is still being capped back, you can't blow gens or anything like that. You also can't start the cap.

Pervis fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 1, 2013

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

I think we're rotating next game update.. so next week maybe.

Yeah, it's slated to happen in the next update which should go out next week. Feels like we just moved down here, too.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

If you think the lasher is good up there, you should take that solstice sf that you weren't pleased with, unlock the ubgl and follow me up to those roofs :D

Yeah, UBGL from the roof is absurd (or down a stairway, up a stairway) - basically anywhere where you can either get a direct hit or if you miss slightly get good splash. Getting direct hits on engies repairing a MAX is just so much fun - especially since you'll likely kill any other infantry standing near that person, like if say they are huddling near cover on a biolab pad.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

BadLlama posted:

The amount of tears from bad tank drivers about vanguard shield now that it actually works as intended is delicious. Guess everyone just got used to the shield dropping off right away and being useless. They should complain about the enforcer over the shield I would think but oh well.

Yeah the enforcer is the real shocker in terms of recent changes, but I think now enforcer and saron are consistent with what the vulcan has been in terms of close-range damage vs tanks, and 2/2 tanks being way more effective than having a slew of 1/2 tanks. Well, except that in a prowler AP w/ vulcan a driver is still doing a shitload of damage, where as the enforcer feels like the vast majority of vanguard damage output (but I think I've still seen a lot of HEAT/enforcer vanguards).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
They added the ability to see capture timers on bases near you (or all of them that are being capped?) just in the normal UI/screen. You can hover over the icons to see the time (like you'd hover over a terminal to see what it is, etc). This should improve platoon leaders survivability immensely.

I don't recall reading that in the notes, but maybe it was there.

Also Nova on sale for VS - sad I bought it last week, but oh well. AA bundle is now there (two walkers (sundy and MBT?), burster arm, plus AA lock-on). edit: and the loving nighthawk is on sale - bought it for 25% off over the weekend.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

You're insane

I agree, but I also hate having the ADAD macro poo poo in the game almost enough to wish the sluggishness on everyone. I don't see warping - I just see a guy strafing slightly left and right in a quick rhythm, but it seems to gently caress with the hitbox something fierce (like bunny-hopping used to, before they specifically addressed the fact that bunny-hopping hosed the hitbox up).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

nacon posted:

Sneakiest Sabotage: Drop 2 C4 on a Sunderer, but don't detonate them yourself. Just let incoming fire blow it up so you don't get friendly fire credit.

I've witnessed this happen a few times as NC on Waterson. Some BR5 just tosses C4 on the Sunderer, and runs off and hides. He probably tells his buddy over TS to shoot a rocket at the Sunderer, and boom, 'tis dead.

Or tank mines. We had this happen at Tawrich yesterday - me and another sundy wiped a TR MAX crash coming out the vehicle bay tunnel exit point (furies and bulldogs.. yeah). About 15 seconds later a single TR comes up and fires and ML-7, and instakills my sundy (which had max mine guard), some damage from the ml-7 and a whole pile of damage from AT mines. At no point did they get close enough to drop tank mines of course. Then our other sundy got hit by the same poo poo, and this continued until we couldn't manage to get a sundy up in the bay.

I guess it could be teleport hackers, too.

edit: And this is very common when TR is trying to take our cont lock. Not really a surprise I guess.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Wings_SWMud posted:

I sat through about an hour of it (from ~40mins onwards), with recording on, but apparently that's after all the fun stuff happened; I used VLC's screen recording thing to capture it, so what I have is the tail end of the Rashnu Caverns thing, TE failing to make it more than a few steps into the biolab itself and then running off to shoot TAS for 45 minutes. Not much interesting, really, just a manchild yelling at people. Also, it's in some sort of unencoded file that I have no idea what to do with :v: Never doing it again, though, christ.

One thing I did find a little odd was that he absolutely machineguns his mouse - he'll pull out a Striker and start going at it six clicks per second before the thing even starts locking on - same with the redeploy button. He must be stressed out in those situations, the poor thing.

Did you get the part where they go to MAX crash out of the Tawrich vehicle bay tunnel exit and then just all suicide rather than crashing? That was great. Indar alert goal achieved: Make NC win over TR.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Chance posted:

Were they once again nothing but TR? I wasn't sure if I was just unlucky in the last ones I've seen, and I do keep my eyes open for them on any faction, but all I'm seeing lately is TR hackers right at the start of primetime.

So far, yes. They are also generally where TE is. One has been sitting on the big hill near Xenotech stopping us from using that place for the last hour+ (a flying TR MAX? Sure!).

I hope they nerf the marauder if they go through with nerfing the fury. That thing is ridiculous on a harasser - only AT mines (or strikers) are marginally effective at dealing with them. BCP has been running around with one for the last hour or so, hasn't died yet - I can hit him with 4 comet shots and they can still get away in time while repairing to not die. I jumped them once but they still had enough in the magazine to melt my maxed out flak MAX. It takes something like 4+ AP shots from a mag to kill one, I think maybe even more. For how fast they are and what they can mount, the ability to repair in the rumble seat while on the move is just too much.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
Mattherson status: still a speedhacking TR galaxy running around killing everything, new name same poo poo (basically the whole weekend). I also ran in to a group of NC actually using the UBGL (in a biolab), melted my ZOE MAX pretty quickly since there were several coordinated folks using them (at the top of the stairs at A point at Ikanim).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Mo_Steel posted:

I am somewhat curious if there are a lot of high skill dedicated tank driver-gunner combos though. Anyone know of anybody infamous?

Back in the HE spam days there was a couple that I knew (Ratatatatata or something), but it was more tank driver with HE/lockdown prowlers than actual teams. Nowadays there's a couple of vanguard teams I sometimes recognize (WaaWaa), but it's more that they are high BR and fairly skilled, but they aren't infamous. MBT's can't get in, kill poo poo, and more importantly escape or kill everyone before they die, so they don't attract the kind of infamy that other vehicles do.

Nowadays other than the air spergs, I recognize certain harasser teams as being absolute pains in the asses. I posted the other day about that though - the harasser just takes a lot to take down (or can) and goes fast enough that it can get away while being repaired on the move. It's also hard to hit with lancer fire (or even vortexes) in the areas we fight in now. I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to hit one with a phoenix.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Westy543 posted:

If you switch servers sometimes it will gently caress with the amount of territory owned on your HUD. Was that the case by chance?

Yeah if you go from one server with an alert to another without (or with) the previous server's alert status will show up or otherwise mesh with your current server's status. It's annoying and funny at the same time, since we'll have folks hop over from logging in for passive certs on Connery and go "Alert on X!", only for us to say "nope". This is especially true if server #1 has an alert and server #2 (which you just logged in to) doesn't have one. At least in the past you'd see the timer counting down all the way to 0, which gave you a good reminder to go back to the other server.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Fuzz posted:

If Mattherson TR learned to cert their Prowlers with Racer 3, Anchor, and Nanite Repair or Stealth and then roll around with AP and a Vulcan and be really aggressive and maneuver... :gonk:

Thank god they're too loving stupid to use anything other than HE.

There was one guy the other day who anchored just near the bridge between Scarred Mesa and Regent Rock, with just the top of his turret poked out. He was murdering the poo poo out of MAXes that were on the pads with what must've been a fully anchored prowler - his shots were supersonic and very very flat, and since he just below level with the pad the pad became a no-MAX zone for a while. I was then again thankful that Mattherson TR are mostly retarded (he was exposed by maybe one pixel at the distance he was at).

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Even then, until harasser HP gets nerfed it's not even the best tank killer in the game. That belongs to a max composite harasser with empire secondary and a flak engie in the back

Yup. MBT's have to keep their range from infantry, tanks, etc, and also watch out for harassers. Harassers can be literally driven right through battles and generally come out alive and with some kills for both the gunner and pilot. On the positive side, since it's getting very common, SOE will address the balance at some point. Until then though enjoy shooting vast amounts of ordinance at harassers only to watch them get away fairly easily.

I think I'm anti-autist basically and I see the harasser as something that enabled shitlords and autists to run up their k/d and whatnot well more than it should. I like the idea of a fast vehicle with a decent weapon, but not one that seems to take more decimator hits from the rear than an MBT (and especially a lightning), while being repaired on the move/dodging and taking fire, and can easily run over groups of people due to some buggy collision. It's like an uber magrider in some ways, but can't easily be used solo, which is it's only downside.

On the subject of ZOE, I think they'll end up having to turn it back to something like charge - an ability with a cooldown and a duration. The great determiner of the nerf bat is whether or not pubbies will use strong things, not necessarily if they are really too strong (hello UBGL). ZOE is just too easy to get in to and use and fun, so lots of folks are using it, and in doing so pulling MAXes a lot more. Maybe they'll also need to increase the MAX kill bonus, too.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

joethesurly posted:

The other day I think I found a bit of a counter to the Harasser infantry splatting parties: I was set up next to a rock in the middle of nowhere with a mass of infantry when a 3/3 fully certed "gotta go fast" harasser came by and started decimating the group. I whipped out my mana turret and got a good shot into him when they started making another pass. Noticing this foolish engi standing still in the open, the driver turboed straight at me and smashed into my turrent, giving me three roadkills and a nice dead harasser :stare:. So perhaps throwing down mana turrets as roadblocks could put a stop to the death buggies.

Sometimes I do that so that we can't be mowed down by ESF's, but I forget that it applies to like everything (because that's silly). I usually try to put AT mines down in places where a harasser would go, but that only works when there are actual chokepoints other ways to hide the really large AT mines.

^^^ MBT's are doing better now with the secondaries being pumped up, but before that, yeah, they were a bit off. The MBT armor change also helped a good deal, but MBT's are hard to balance.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Emulator posted:

You know, when I was suggesting some kind of timer for ZOE, I was thinking of something that allowed maybe 30-45 seconds of uptime and required 15 seconds of downtime to recharge and the maxed out level of it.. 8 seconds total for max ZOE? seems a BIT over the top.

Yeah. It's pretty over the top. Like so over the top some of my setups will now use charge (and I might just cert it out) since charge at least is a real GTFO button rather than 8 seconds of walking a bit faster and then back to normal.

Also, I can't believe they are going to make revives not count as deaths. I don't see any legitimate reason to do so - people will already accept rezzes often enough (even when they really shouldn't), so all this will do is enable statwhores to really pad their #'s. They already do, but that's all this will really accomplish.

Maybe the hordes of <1.0 KDR people are a problem area for SOE, in that they have a lot of players who can see a # and feel like they suck, and by hiding some of it they can make most folks feel like they are "above average" or something.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
There was an Amerish alert that VS won (but not dominating) where we had 60% of the pop. Now that that's over Indar should be fine I'd guess.

Also, can't wait for the next double XP weekend, I've got a hyper boost ready for that. I think I have enough SC left to get me through to July 4th, but we'll see.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Hog Jowls posted:

Support classes, as others have said. You can make bank repairing MAXes or reviving folks, especially if they are in your squad. \

Pretty much this. I did the odd thing and went engy - ammo pack is fairly expensive to upgrade but brings in nice XP if you are plopping it down all the time, and now that we pull MAXes repairing them is really nice XP. When you then turn around and buy whatever carbine the under-barrel grenade launcher is for, the upgrade ammo packs mesh well with that (since you drop one all the time in order to resupply yourself, but then it stays and other folks use it). Once you get some support class decently certed out you have a way to farm certs to get your other classes/vehicles up to where you want them.

Default vehicles aren't all that good anymore at bringing certs in due to all the AV that's around, but if you get get in a gunner position on a good tank or harasser that's a great way to rake in certs via kills. Although ZOE is supposed to change in some way soon, if you are VS I'd pick up the 2nd comet arm (250 certs) and the first level of ZOE and just go around as a glass cannon. Vehicle kill/assists are the best XP in the game, and dual comets are a cheap way to get that them. I wouldn't be totally aggressive though - without a good suit slot and ZOE only at level 1 you are literally a glass cannon, but dual comets with ZOE you should be able to get some hits on vehicles before they go down, and also volley fire at infantry to good effect.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Nakar posted:

Or we could just start playing TR! Everything's gonna be sunny clear skies in Strikertown! :v:

I suspect the changes only make sense if you are looking at them from the perspective of TR, where strikers are everywhere and mossies are amazing. For the rest of us, yeah it's going to suck (And yes I know most of the balance team is TR). Equipping g2a launchers limits our HA's ability to deal with ground vehicles, so they won't be that common (because ground vehicles are cert pinatas to all factions).

On the other hand, SPLC may see a lot more activity soon, enough to drop the NC's pop advantage on Connery by a tad.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Daysvala posted:

Whoever it was complaining about shooting a Decimator at a MAX and having it do no damage, it's definitely a bug, I just ate two Decimators to the face and neither one did any damage at all :smug:

E: And then I ate a third one and it took away 90% of my health, ouch.

I suspect this is similar to what enables the ADAD macro to work it's magic - there's some server or client-side sanity checking that nullifies damage or something if it thinks you really didn't get hit or something strange. It happens to all weapons from what I can tell, just that the ones you'll easily notice are the big one-shot weapons like a decimator or a pump action shotgun from 2 feet away where pellets go straight through them. Alternatively server lag means it'll just drop random hits/explosions since explosions I think are done from server-side (maybe). I know that when Indar is really making GBS threads itself bursters basically stop functioning correctly (the flak portion especially). Even if the explosion goes off on the client (or even both clients) if you don't get the big red hit detection thingy then no damage was really done.

It'd be nice if they fixed the core gameplay issue rather than just writing it off as ZOE (like most players do). Even before ZOE was zapped nothing was more frustrating than unloading a pandora in to a guy who is barely moving left and right and barely hitting the guy.

Pervis fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 18, 2013

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

A White Guy posted:

Wow. The Jackhammer as it is right now is pretty strong, but with Burst, that's almost instagib level of damage. I think Sony did the exact same thing in Planetside 1 where the burst fire on the Jackhammer could kill Maxes with the anti-armor ammo loaded.

Nerf in a month, tops. Sort of like my Poor ZOE max tomorrow:argh:.

I played PS1 for a while after launch, and that's exactly what I remember the most - the lasher was a piece of poo poo, the lancer was what I used to snipe infantry, the MCG was pretty good (I liked picking those up), and the few times I could pick up a jackhammer it was like someone switched on god-mode and I went until I ran out of ammo. I was really hoping they wouldn't do that again.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Westy543 posted:

In GU11, guns remember your last attachments for them. It was in the video I posted a few pages back about the new MCG sound.

The way this is written, all I can think of is other features that guns should be able to remember, like who they killed last. Each ribbon is the guns reward to you for giving it the blood/nanites it needs. Guns then can give a bonus for killing some specific person or class based on some random formula, a quest if you will.

Actually that'd be kinda neat - a set 10% (or 20%) bonus per kill for a given gun per faction per day. Maybe a bit more, but people would pull out rarely used weapons just to get an XP bonus on kills. Alternatively they'd buy them for that same bonus (or trial them and buy them if they liked them). Imagine a day where the secondaries are the bonus, or the knife.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Evilreaver posted:

:siren: Boosts are on sale today :siren: including the mythic Hyper Boost! Get 'em for your next double EXP weekend for a reasonable price!

Argh. At least I picked up the skyguard cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
The early release notes (someone linked in GOKU PGS thread - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/gu11-landing-soon.135273/) are out, and some of the stuff I didn't notice the first time around on test.

quote:

- New movement code has been introduced which will make remote player movement much smoother, reducing player warping and removing a lot of the ability to quickly change direction and glitch out the movement interpolation and avoid damage.

I really hope this is what it says. It should be awesome if true. In fact it's great that they are acknowledging that's what is happening - and it fits what I've seen with ADAD macroers (including some of our favorite TR).

quote:

- ZOE Module has been nerfed to further reduce armor (-25% -> -30%) when the ability is active =(

No mention of the duration - I suspect with the player warping addressed they are thinking that will be enough.

quote:

- Changed shotgun damage model to reward more skillful usage and bring these in line with other close range options such as SMGs and Carbines - these should remain potent in close quarters, but not be the only viable option.

If LMG's and SMG's weren't already viable you wouldn't see TR using them all over. I love shotguns but I'm not sure what to think here, honestly. I suspect they'll overnerf them.

quote:

- (in the part about bursters and skyguards) These two changes should make life better for ESF pilots/Liberator crews which previously were getting picked off at extreme ranges when not actively engaging infantry while still allowing MAXes to provide cover for squads against strafing ESFs and low flying libs threatening ground troops.

I assume this was only a thing TR can do with lockdown and strikers, because I know for sure that at >200 meters I wasn't going to pick off any plane that is flying at remotely any speed or maneuvering, and I'm good at bursters. They'll easily get out of range/render/whatever before I can actually kill them, even with max ZOE and exmags. If bursters are still fine within 250 meters like they say I'm not too worried though.

Pervis fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 20, 2013

• Locked thread