Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

NattyBo posted:

SPORT and EMD already jumping on the Sun story saying Yaya wants to come back go Barcelona after the WC. That was fast.

Yawn, every 6 months we have this, bloody press :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Is L'Equipe reliable in terms of deals being done? Would be good if we'd sorted the right back issue so quickly.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I would assume that £140k a week, if accurate, includes signing-on fees and all that lark.

Don't City have to keep their wage bill the same as it was this season?

It'll be the same as Jovetic, Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho. Lower basic, maybe 80k/w, with performance bonuses on top which potentially could bring it up to 140k/w if various criteria are met.

Bonuses aren't counted against FFP, so makes much more sense to do it that way, supposedly its the same system Soriano brought in at Barcelona.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

£175k/w for someone with a haircut that poo poo? Obscene.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

sassassin posted:

Yaya's agent is apparently trying to get a contract that guarantees him a job for life at the club.

He really is one of the biggest mentalists in the game, the agent, less so Yaya.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

According to decent sources (Gianluca Di Marzio on twitter, he's like the anti-Tancredi) Fernando from Porto to City is pretty much done, €15M/£12.6M. So with Sagna close, just a centre back to go now, word is we prefer Benatia over Mangala at this point, but Barcelona are very interested too so not sure how likely it is.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

I always thought with Luiz he'd be fine/good for say 10 games, then in the 11th he'd make a massive gently caress up because he'd go to sleep. Then he'd have another good run of form until the next gently caress up came along.

So yeah he's not worth £40M, but he's not as bad as some are making out.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Jippa posted:

Any one know where Jack Rodwell is going? City is like this black hole for english talent. He should be an england regular.

I wish he could remain fit and healthy :(. Rumour is that he's supposedly approaching some level of fitness so he may be loaned out, if successful, he can then play a part at City the following season, but I doubt he'll be able to string together more than 1 game a week without his body breaking down again, sadly I just don't see him having a career, he's been failed by biology!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Discussing Yaya Toure leaving is most likely futile. Noone is going to spend £30M-£40Mish on a 31 year old, and therefore he won't be sold, it's pretty much the same non-story as every Summer.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 28, 2014

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Funky Koval posted:

Lots of rumours about Aguero to Barça in today's papers. Anyone reliable reporting anything? I wouldn't trust Polish papers to report the weather, let alone Barça transfer plans.

Only way this happens is if they offer £50M, which I doubt they will. Manchester based journalists have shot it down as a total non-story.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Is this where NYCFC start loaning MCFC players in the MLS offseason?

I've not read anywhere that he'll be registered as a City player. Think he's just going to be training with us.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Several Northern journalists from proper newspapers as well as BBC journalists, all of which are pretty reliable have said neither City or Liverpool are in for Fabregas. So I guess it's going to be United or Arsenal if it's someone in England.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Edmund Honda posted:

So what is he doing between now and the 2015 MLS season when NYCFC actually start playing?

Training with his mates Silva/Navas/Garcia any other Spaniard we sign in Manchester apparently. The whole NYCFC thing is massively weird, I just don't see the point when there's a team not so far away already.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

NYCFC is owned by MCFC for accounting shenanigans. And if a world class player can be signed by NYCFC and loaned to MCFC until the 2015 MLS season without violating the wage restrictions, all the better.

It's been more or less confirmed though that Villa won't be turning out for City at any point.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Lampard has confirmed he's leaving Chelsea, but won't make a decision on his next move until after the World Cup.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

So City are making the "City" part of their name the marketable bit?

Assem Allam just wasn't trying hard enough at Hull

The club have been pushing 'City' as a brand for a while now (City in the Community, City Academy etc). Most of the web content is 'City - whatever', as are the team names where appropriate, Mexico City Football Club & a Chinese one has been mooted recently as well.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

That's fake, been bouncing around for a few days. There's one supposedly from City too claiming Fabregas is signing or something.

You can file an Aguero transfer in the highly unlikely category.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

If Neymar is worth £100mil, Barca are gonna have to pay something mental to get Aguero.

Also Gala will got the big bucks to spend, according to my itk its Drogba to Arsenal for £83mil.

The evening news has said there's no price we'd sell at, but £65M and they may consider it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Taff posted:

So there is a price they'd sell at?

Everybodys got a price

True, I phrased it horribly. There is a price, but not one that anyone is likely to pay.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

nictigre03 posted:

Oh no, did someone remember to tell Aguero happy birthday yesterday?

In the clear :buddy:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

euroboy posted:

Celtic have offered the manager job to Strømsgodset coach Ronny Deila from Norway. That's pretty cool.

Is he better than Solksjaer? It's not a name I know.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Isco is amazing he just doesn't get anywhere near as much playtime as he should, he should go to another team where he'll play every week, I'm surprised ManCity/United/PSG,etc haven't made huge offers for him.

Now with Kroos he'll get even less minutes.

I think after the way he dicked City around last Summer, after he told Pellegrini he'd move to Manchester, only for his dad to convince him to join Madrid for the massive signing on fee at the last minute pretty much ensured we won't go back for him in the near future.

Shame really, he'd have got a lot of games for us last season.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Quiet times for City. Nastasic and/or Garcia could easily be sold, with only Mangala (or Benatia if something goes wrong) coming in.

Few people musing as to why we'd sell Nastasic, it's quite simple really, the club are desperate to fast track Karim Rekik who is viewed as not only a City defender for 10 plus years but also a future club captain. He was really good in the Eredivisie and got vital Champions League experience last season and narrowly missed out on being in the Dutch World Cup squad.

Nastasic was really good in his first season but was crocked for the majority of the last and didn't demonstrate his form of the previous season when he did play.

It'd be a shame to see him go, but if it gets Rekik into the team I have no issue with it. Kompany, Mangala/Benatia, Demi and Rekik is a strong selection of CB's in my opinion.

On Garcia, whilst he was MASSIVELY improved for the 2nd half of last season and pushed Fernandinho onto the bench, ultimately Fernando seems a better option, so he's kind of surplus to requirements I guess, but i'd be happy if he stuck around another season.

Then there's the obvious departures which are pretty much just Guidetti, Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair at this point.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

MrBling posted:

Wouldn't shipping out those leave you more or less without homegrown players?

Hart, Milner, Clichy supposedly counts, as does Rekik, and Boyata is still about, we only need 5 for the Champs League, was scaled back from 8.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

A player bought from abroad who's only spent 3 years in England counts as homegrown? :stare:

This is what people are saying, i'll have to check, same for Marcos Lopes but he's out on loan. Isn't that why Clichy counts?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

In news that will shock no Newcastle supporter, Ben Arfa returned overweight and was fined £1.5k, allegedly.

Other reports are the club is trying to unload him but nobody will meet his personal terms.

It doesn't seem that long ago that he had that brilliant spell at Newcastle and Arsenal and other top clubs were supposedly looking at him again, the guy just seems to constantly self destruct every time he gets somewhere.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Surely Aurier would have been a much much better signing than Debuchy, who from my memory, was beyond awful for 75% of last season

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Fair enough then, proves I don't watch enough Newcastle!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

euroboy posted:

Will something happen to Isco/Di Maria now?

Liverpool and City are meant to be interested in Isco, but it won't happen, Madrid won't sell I wouldn't have thought.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Hegay posted:

Isco will stay at Madrid ftw, ignore the mad teary eyed Man City fans

https://twitter.com/isco_alarcon/status/489821152735670272

The obsession some City fans have for loving Isco is so ridiculously embarrassing and that's from a set of fans that have a lot to be embarrassed about!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Isn't the Isco/Pellegrini bridge fully burned and ash?

It's more just that A) Madrid wouldn't sell, B) Yes there's bad blood between Pellegrini and the player, and C) There's no guarantee he'd start because we signed Jovetic as our Isco backup plan. So he wouldn't swap bench for bench.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Heskie posted:

I hope Liverpool get him purely because they've already thought up an amazing chant

Okay its terrible but at least its not Sloop John B.

They were beaten by 12 months, during the City saga last year the chant being prepared was "Let's all have a disco, Silva, Navas, Isco". Which in my opinion works better, but is still pretty cringey.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Emyr Huws on loan to Wigan is a done deal, blatantly the Rosler connection in action.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Jose posted:

Mangala is having a medical at City and whoever is in charge of their site accidentally put the video live and now they're claiming they were hacked lol

Medical was 2 weeks ago, its a really bizarre situation. The video came out somehow, despite him not actually being a City player yet....

Supposedly, Porto, City, Mangala are all in agreement, but there's still 3rd party ownership issues,

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

He is poo poo I'd be glad to see the back of him

Twitter can't decided if we'd replace him with Micah Richards or Miguel Lopes. If Richards is no longer crocked I'd prefer him - hes immense

He's not, he's shite. Positionally awful and slowed down HUGELY since he bulked up so much.

Not good enough for a team with top 4 aspirations. Injuries have ruined his development, we've resorted to playing Clichy at right back in preseason (in the absence of Sagna and Zab) as opposed to Richards, and this is a City team with Guidetti and Sinclair in it.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 28, 2014

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

RIP he used to be an absolute monster

Did he put on all that bulk because he wanted to become a CB?

He claims he didn't do weights and that it all just happened naturally, which I personally don't buy.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

IceG posted:

Without defending Sparky too much (he is a Kenny Lunt) Kolo Toure was just part of the defense that finished 2nd, Adebayor is great when he gives a poo poo, Tevez is world class when he gives a poo poo, Lescott is English and thus overrated but was rated at one point. Gareth Barry was a good player to buy when going for top four and Robinho was a gamble but was a big name when City weren't.

Do people forget that Citeh used to have loving Paul Dickov and Nicky Summerbee as their best players not long ago

Nicky Summerbee was never one of our best players, he was loving useless.

Hughes was horrific, however he did get 2 things spectacularly right, Zabaleta for about £3million and Kompany for £6.5million.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

euroboy posted:

Frank Lampard on a five month loan from New York City FC to Manchester City is apparently a thing

I'm almost certain that won't happen. Didn't he say at his NYCFC press conference that he wouldn't go on loan to City out of respect for Chelsea?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Contrary to my previous post, few journalists close to City on the US tour saying there's a good chance Lampard will go on loan to us for 6 months. Seems pretty odd in my opinion...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

I'll be really surprised if Lampard makes more than 2 (two) appearances for MCFC.

• Locked thread