Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gabriel Pope posted:

But like I said, this is not All About Kash Day.

D1's lurkiest poster comes running in after the thread unlocks to go fishing for vig roles.

Hey gabe gabe why did you come in and drop some drive-by shade without making any alignment call or vote?

Still also squinting at Kashuno for that early hammer. His posts still seem towny, but that hammer was very anti-town so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

Hey gabe gabe why did you come in and drop some drive-by shade without making any alignment call or vote?

I've already gone on the record as thinking you're scum. This was just more fuel for my earlier call. You conveniently don't post much, so there's not a lot for me to go off until you post more.

My initial thought was that you were an SK trying to distract people from the possibility of a third party kill by throwing out suggestions of a 2x scum kill (improbable) or a vig kill (also improbable, based on the players that showed up dead.) The fact that you've jumped to the SK theory makes me slightly less certain of that theory.

You spent D1 lurking hard and letting your vote comfortably rest on bandwagons, though, which definitely fits the profile for SK or scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gabriel Pope posted:

I've already gone on the record as thinking you're scum. This was just more fuel for my earlier call. You conveniently don't post much, so there's not a lot for me to go off until you post more.

My initial thought was that you were an SK trying to distract people from the possibility of a third party kill by throwing out suggestions of a 2x scum kill (improbable) or a vig kill (also improbable, based on the players that showed up dead.) The fact that you've jumped to the SK theory makes me slightly less certain of that theory.

You spent D1 lurking hard and letting your vote comfortably rest on bandwagons, though, which definitely fits the profile for SK or scum.

I have no defense for my day 1 play. I played bad and I admit it. Still town though.

I poked back into your history and didn't find much to go with the ~vibes~ from your drive by comment. You put a lot of pressure on Hermetic, but I was also fairly convinced that he was scum so I can't really vote you for that.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Gabriel Pope posted:

CC threw together a slipshod case D1, then you pulled a ridiculously bad hammer vote to end D1 early, and now CC is conveniently hiding behind your bad play to look like they were always justified in pushing your case.

I felt justified yesterday on voting Kash and even more so today. I only unvoted because I didn't want Kash to get hammered while Herm was having a meltdown. I wanted time to see just what the gently caress Herm was doing so I'd make a better vote if possible but Kash hammered that plan before I could ever reread.

I'm on the road atm but I'll be back either late tonight or tomorrow morning to elaborate. I don't work at all this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to effortpost :madmax:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

I have no defense for my day 1 play. I played bad and I admit it. Still town though.

I poked back into your history and didn't find much to go with the ~vibes~ from your drive by comment. You put a lot of pressure on Hermetic, but I was also fairly convinced that he was scum so I can't really vote you for that.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Vimes has been doing a lot of lurking and both of his votes were for then-current vote leaders, giving only brief "me-too" restatements of cases other people have made to explain why he was voting. That might just be because he's legit busy, but he's also very quick to try to paint Something Awful! as scummy despite SA! making a perfectly relevant point.

Right now I'm feeling very confident that at least one of Herm and Vimes is scum. Vimes, want to expand on your thinking some and help us narrow this down?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, thanks for reminding me to dig that post up because it links to this one:

SirSamVimes posted:

Contentless? The post I quote was reason enough to vote, and I explained further after that. If you disagree with my vote there's nothing wrong with a contrary opinion, but framing my argument like that is weird and scummy. That said, after rereading I'm more leery of the fact that Hermetic jumped on the Biaga vote and hedged it at the same time which definitely pings my scumdar.

I still have no scum pings from Kashuno, despite the fact that he seems to be one of the main focuses.

Also I'm sorry for not posting a lot, I'm not great at engaging in D1.

I keep glossing over this post when I try to reread your post history because my attention is drawn to your bandwagon votes. I forgot that Something Awful! had been poking you and you counter-accused him. But wait:

SirSamVimes posted:

I agree that neither DBD nor SA seemed scummy, so it's probably a SK. It'd be weird to just casually toss out a vig when you have no reason to think it's a scummy target.

I guess nobody thought SA! seemed scummy, certainly not good old Vimesy who just happened to call him scummy. So I guess no one would have a reason to single him out, right? :angel:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A scummy post doesn't mean I think a person is overal scummy. Town players can gently caress up and make scummy posts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Above the line. :toot:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

I felt justified yesterday on voting Kash and even more so today. I only unvoted because I didn't want Kash to get hammered while Herm was having a meltdown. I wanted time to see just what the gently caress Herm was doing so I'd make a better vote if possible but Kash hammered that plan before I could ever reread.

I'm on the road atm but I'll be back either late tonight or tomorrow morning to elaborate. I don't work at all this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to effortpost :madmax:

I can't wait to be lynched for getting angry at someone

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

A scummy post doesn't mean I think a person is overal scummy. Town players can gently caress up and make scummy posts.

Maybe, but you've made precious few posts and that was one of the few original calls you made D1.

Perhaps you could share some of your opinions on who is scum so that we don't have to extrapolate from your bare bones post history.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

We'll hey you lynched someone bc you didn't like their attitude so :allears:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Colonel, who else are you feeling for scum right now?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I went straight from work to a social thing, and I'm a bit busy tomorrow. I am reading the thread, and I'll post some concrete stuff Saturday night or Sunday. Sorry but that's how it's going to shake out.

I don't like Corazon's big d1 case post.

I'm following Pope's reads on SSV, and I can see the logic.

Still mad at kashuno for the hammer on d1. Hermetic was clearly doing some spiteful defeatist poo poo voting for himself, but he was about a second too late in unvoting.

I feel more or less fine about nth doctor and kumba right now. Same for tmm.

Are you there Biaga? It's me Green Intern.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Nth Doctor posted:

I'll start.

Done reading yet?

I just started actually. Sorry I work nights (yay service industry).

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Are you there Biaga? It's me Green Intern.

Hey, how you doin?

Ok, now on to the big question. What the gently caress is going on...

So... we lost 3 townies in 1 day cycle. gently caress.

(also, hahahaha totally called the Serial Killer!)

Honestly, we are at that point where anyone involved in Hermetic's lynch is liable to be looked at. Also, holy poo poo on the scum getting 2 rolled Townies.

Now, on to the real issue:

Kashuno posted:

I wanted him gone because his attitude was actively unhelpful to town

this is logical to a degree, and in part I agree. The discussion drew a lot of attention to himself, but honestly so did I in the beginning. I am sure if I had been the dumb poster near the end I would be the one on the rope and not him.

Kashuno posted:

I will agree that it was lovely to hammer early. He was pissing me off with his silly poo poo so I just decided I had had enough and lynched. I don't regret my decision.

Back to voting for the real scum ##vote colonel corazon

Wait, you don't regret your decision for lynching the town tracker? That seems a little cold-blooded.

Kashuno posted:

CC's case on me was based on a false narrative, and after I disproved each of their points, they continued to leave their vote on me because "nope, scum."

Funny, you did the same thing to me in the early parts of day one, that "nope, scum" lasted until people started pressuring you. Now your doing the same thing to Colonel Co

Kashuno posted:

:shrug: I'm not going to keep repeating myself. I don't regret my decision to just lynch him and get rid of him. Everyone is sus of me but no one wants to vote, so let's go hunt scum instead.

That's what we are doing.

Kashuno posted:

Didn't you call me out for playing the "fine kill me I am townie" card on D1?

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, who else are you feeling for scum right now?

Can't speak for Colonel...

[b]## vote Kashuno[b]

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Biaga posted:

## vote Kashuno[b]

:bang:

[b]## vote Kashuno

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

:confuoot:

gently caress it I give up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For the record, I didn't stop thinking you're scum because people pressured me. I did it because CC started acting scummy

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Corazon posted:

The last time someone pulled this 'oh im so busy i'll catch up later' crap it was MMM Watchya Say in Emoji and he was scum. You need to :justpost: more - I let it slide for MMM because he was the one who pulled me into the game in the first place, and town lost because of it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Biaga, rereading your post you said a lot of words but with no actual substance to anything.

Why do you think I'm scum?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Biaga posted:

Hey, how you doin?

Ok, now on to the big question. What the gently caress is going on...

So... we lost 3 townies in 1 day cycle. gently caress.

(also, hahahaha totally called the Serial Killer!)

Honestly, we are at that point where anyone involved in Hermetic's lynch is liable to be looked at. Also, holy poo poo on the scum getting 2 rolled Townies.

Now, on to the real issue:

this is logical to a degree, and in part I agree. The discussion drew a lot of attention to himself, but honestly so did I in the beginning. I am sure if I had been the dumb poster near the end I would be the one on the rope and not him.

Wait, you don't regret your decision for lynching the town tracker? That seems a little cold-blooded.

Funny, you did the same thing to me in the early parts of day one, that "nope, scum" lasted until people started pressuring you. Now your doing the same thing to Colonel Co

That's what we are doing.

Didn't you call me out for playing the "fine kill me I am townie" card on D1?

Can't speak for Colonel...

## vote Kashuno[b]

Biaga posted:

:bang:

[b]## vote Kashuno

Biaga posted:

:confuoot:

gently caress it I give up.

:sigh: Cmon dude, if you want to vote for someone at least take the time to format it correctly. The format is:

quote:

##vote playername
no spaces between the ## and the vote.

Also I'm glad you're around and posting, and want to hear more from you. You're a newbie so may not realize this, but I got called out for it last game - loudly lamenting town losses can be a newbie scumtell. Also when the hell did you call a SK?

What would be useful for us to hear, if you're town, is your thoughts on some of the other people. Does anyone else strike you as scummy? Information and collaboration are how town wins games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:psyduck: why are you all spending so much time on setup spec and trying to dissect the two NKs :psyduck:

Give us some reads! Out of all of you only Kumba has a vote, and it's a quickdraw vote on SSV - though it's for the same thing I'm calling out, so I can dig it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have to admit Kash is being very odd this game.
'
CC points out a very good point in this exchange:

Kashuno posted:

Colonel Corazon posted:

We'll hey you lynched someone bc you didn't like their attitude so :allears:

Honestly, I think this CC/Kash thing might end up being the best option. I can't see both of them being scum and going so hard at each other. There is the possibility that both are town and it's just a standard town slap fight, but I think it's more likely that one is scum and the other is town. Personally, I lean towards Kash as scum, but I am always slightly biased against him. However, Kash is pushing some people to make calls, but so far his only real calls are CC is scum and he continues holding his D1 view on Biaga being scum. Let's take a different track here, Kash who do you think is town right now?

I would like to hear some more from Biaga as well. He avoided the D1 lynch by sort of disappearing and being light on content. He's done a little better early D2, but I'd like to see some conclusions instead of just reactions. Also, I think Biaga and Kash are tied together and I don't think they could be scum together. And again, I lean more towards Kash as scum because Biaga reads more like someone who is still trying to figure out how to play around here.

SSV continues to just slide by with no real calls, but he made sure he got above the modkill line for the moment. I would definitely vote for him. In fact, I think I'm going to do that now. ##vote SSV

Preview Edit:

Podima posted:

:psyduck: why are you all spending so much time on setup spec and trying to dissect the two NKs :psyduck:

Give us some reads! Out of all of you only Kumba has a vote, and it's a quickdraw vote on SSV - though it's for the same thing I'm calling out, so I can dig it.

For someone posting this, I went through your history and despite your big effort posts, you really haven't posted that many reads. So I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So I went back and read that big effort post from CC.

I noticed he has a comment to make about why he gave people the alignment he gave them, except for Biaga, a big subject at the time. Just placed him on the list and talked about people voting him, but never justified why Biaga was at that point on the list. He mentions Biaga mid post, talking briefly about how he could be scum but probably not but maybe. He hedges hard on that, and uses it as fuel to come after me. Biaga brought this suspicion to my attention with his "can't comment for colonel" statement, which was bizarre and unnecessary, and is probably a scum slip.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I have to admit Kash is being very odd this game.
'
CC points out a very good point in this exchange:

Honestly, I think this CC/Kash thing might end up being the best option. I can't see both of them being scum and going so hard at each other. There is the possibility that both are town and it's just a standard town slap fight, but I think it's more likely that one is scum and the other is town. Personally, I lean towards Kash as scum, but I am always slightly biased against him. However, Kash is pushing some people to make calls, but so far his only real calls are CC is scum and he continues holding his D1 view on Biaga being scum. Let's take a different track here, Kash who do you think is town right now?

I'm playing differently because my play is more aggressive than normal; I have more time to play right now and I'm pretty fervently hunting scum.

As for town reads right now, you and Podima look okay as far as I can tell. I'll make a lumpen list later

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

So I went back and read that big effort post from CC.

I noticed he has a comment to make about why he gave people the alignment he gave them, except for Biaga, a big subject at the time. Just placed him on the list and talked about people voting him, but never justified why Biaga was at that point on the list. He mentions Biaga mid post, talking briefly about how he could be scum but probably not but maybe. He hedges hard on that, and uses it as fuel to come after me. Biaga brought this suspicion to my attention with his "can't comment for colonel" statement, which was bizarre and unnecessary, and is probably a scum slip.

I missed this in CC's huge effortpost and you're right, it's seriously :psyduck:

Colonel Corazon posted:

biaga has rolled over and is playing dead. Maybe this is why the bandwagon has moved on. I can believe that biaga is overly defensive right now because he's a newb who hosed up. He's basically asking to be lynched and nearly everything he says sounds pretty scummy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for today though, because:

Putting my money down right now would mean ##vote Kashuno. Kash has rolled off the radar a bit recently and to call back attention. Kash attacks Gabriel’s vote on biaga with “this is a weird insinuation” but doesn’t add anything else.

Kash backpedals with his stance after people begin to think maybe biaga is just a poor newbie:

There's no missing nested quote in the middle of that, he literally just pivots straight from biaga to Kash with like no transition whatsoever.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

I missed this in CC's huge effortpost and you're right, it's seriously :psyduck:

There's no missing nested quote in the middle of that, he literally just pivots straight from biaga to Kash with like no transition whatsoever.

I'm in the middle of rereading Kash's posts so more on that later.

biaga's D1 posting was generally nuts but like other players I was will to give him a break for being a defensive newbie. And I genuinely thought Kash was scum on D1. I'd definitely vote for biaga to avoid a no-lynch today but I think, regardless of how scummy you think he was/wasn't on D1, Kash's lovely hammer on Herm comes across as completely scummy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm playing differently because my play is more aggressive than normal; I have more time to play right now and I'm pretty fervently hunting scum.

As for town reads right now, you and Podima look okay as far as I can tell. I'll make a lumpen list later

I want to hold the whole playing differently thing against you because I've said that before as scum and I don't like that you continue to point out that you're interested in hunting scum because that is the point of the game.

Also, it's interesting that you don't seem to have a town read on Kumba when most other people seem to read him that way. Got a reason for it? Got a read on Kumba?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I actually forgot Kumba was here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So taking a play from Lumpen's playbook:

~~**~~Kashunote with reasoning summaries~~**~~

Trustworthy Town
  • TMM - playing normal town play, nothing really sticks out here
  • Podima - Lots of effortposting with actual alignment calls, content requests, and analysis. Genuine reactions.
  • Kumba - Pushing to generate content, making calls with votes.
  • Gabriel Pope - Lots and lots of content analysis with prodding people to respond to his accusations and summaries. Willing to engage
Notoriously Neutral
  • SSV - Little content d1(par the course for SSV) and continued into d2(not so par), with no real serious alignment reads.
  • Nth Doctor - Lot of words that say very little.
  • Green Intern - Idk man I can't get a read on this one.
Seriously Scum
  • Colonel Corazon - Do I really need to go over this one again?
  • Biaga - Very weak and weird responses to being pushed d1, strange interactions with CC. Fake voted me

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

:justpost:

Re: Kashuno

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yeah, it's not like we want to do any scumhunting or anything :rolleyes:

##vote biaga

Kashuno posted:

this is a weird insinuation

Kumbamontu posted:

I think a defeatist attitude is something a lot of newbies (and, hell, non-newbies too) fall into regardless of alignment

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

##vote Biaga

This is what first catches my attention. I read Kash’s disagreement with Gabe’s vote and then subsequent vote on biaga as a weird turn around. I saw it as an opportunistic vote on biaga, after he didn’t appear to be on board with Gabriel’s vote on biaga.

And honestly, if it wasn’t for Kash’s attitude following the vote, I might not have paid as much attention to Kash after that. TMM calls Kash’s vote on biaga opportunistic and Kash’s response is just “nah”. It’s weak, it’s deflective, and it rubs me the wrong way.

quote:

Kumbamontu posted:

Scum are typically, psychologically speaking, prone to self-consciousness, and thus when posed with the question of "Are you scum?" they are more likely to answer with very short responses like a simple no..

Kash is being a smartass, but this really rubs me the wrong way. Scummy. He puts up a case on biaga but now it just feels defensive when Kash could’ve explained when he voted for biaga.

Kashuno posted:

Why? Biaga answered Kumba's question with a non-answer, rather than a denial. His response is not useful, and is dodging the question. In addition, taunting a vote like that seems very scummy to me. It's a small case, but it's something for now.

Later, Gabriel asks what Kash thinks of biaga again and Kash says:

Kashuno posted:

Yes.

Biaga posted:

If I was serious about calling you a scum I would have voted. I know nothing about you, besides the few brief posts in this game so far, and all your posts of which are pretty much feeler posts and fluff to get the thread going.

Biaga posted:

I will take dumb or weird.

First part, this is not my first werewolf style game but it is my first real push into playing without face to face interaction. Continually I know at this rate I will either be dead in the first day or the first night.

Also, you don't think I have already stirred the pot? (abeit unintentionally).

Personally I would start to look at the people who on the first day are prepared to draw blood. The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

These posts still feel scummy as hell. Especially The town gains nothing by cutting out members, especially at a time where there is no real proof of alignment outside of speculation and suggestion.

At this point, multiple people have jumped on biaga’s comment on D1’s lynching. Kash is just joining the chorus.

Kumbamontu posted:

Why? It's wrong, but why is it scummy?

Kashuno posted:

After resigning himself to accusation and death (twice now) he then states it's a bad idea to start killing people d1.

It’s weak but it’s something. Biaga really isn’t doing himself any favors on D1 so people coming out voting on biaga isn’t that surprising. Biaga seems resigned but calls out Kash as scum (no reasoning). TMM agrees with that.

Kash responds to biaga:

Kashuno posted:

I would like it if you post cases, reasoning, and votes. If you are town, posting analysis is the only weapon you have to help hunt scum; the posts you've been making are not helpful to town and seem more like scum dodging generating content in fear they will make their scum bros look bad or accidentally slip something.

People start making cases against Herm.

Kumbamontu posted:

Evidence is demonstrably not everything in mafia - persuasion is. You don't have to be right, you just need to convince others that you're right. Looking for hard evidence that someone is scum is going to be an uphill battle, because everything is subjective.

As people have already stated, looking for a "viable option" this early reeks of trying to take advantage of someone's blunder instead of actually hunting scum. Gut calls are perfectly fine D1 - even if you're wrong, you can get people to respond to your prods and accusations in order to better gauge their alignment. You're coming across as even more defeatist than Biaga is here. This, combined with your tinfoil theory and Podima's analysis of your sheepishness, leads me to believe you are scum.

##vote Hermetic

Kashuno posted:

I really like this argument, and will have to give Hermetic a reread.

Kash jumps on board. On this reread, I’m noticing that he jumps on board after other people start making cases on them. The exception would be him rallying against me.

TMMadman posted:

I don't like those last two posts by Gabriel. All he does is essentially call out two people for hedging, but doesn't make any alignment calls.

My gut says Kash and Gabriel are working together.

lovely attitude again. Kash gets defensive again. This is about the point where I’m basing my first effortpost off of.

Kashuno posted:

I don't get you, man. His callouts aren't related to people I've even commented on except for saying I need to reread herm thanks to Kumba. I'm not calling people out without giving alignments or backing my play, we aren't acting similarly or going after the same people. What makes you think that we're both scumbros?

I’m really not sure about TMM’s Gabriel and Kash scumbro theory, but I really don’t think Kash has offered much substantial in backing his play at this point. His biaga vote is pretty much in line with what others are saying.

Nth calls out Kash as well:

Nth Doctor posted:

Kash, you went from a vote on Biaga being weird to voting him yourself in just over an hour and you've stuck to your guns ever since. This is why I agree with TMM that your vote seems opportunistic. The only waver you've had was this morning:

Furthermore you got a direct accusation of being bros with Pope and you did the same thing you blame Biaga for:

You aren't answering the charge here. You're just :iiam: at TMM.
##vote Kashuno

Kash’s response is to quote himself:

Kashuno posted:

I don't get you, man. His callouts aren't related to people I've even commented on except for saying I need to reread herm thanks to Kumba. I'm not calling people out without giving alignments or backing my play, we aren't acting similarly or going after the same people. What makes you think that we're both scumbros?

This is a crummy defense.

TMMadman posted:

It's because in all the hedging that Pope has done so far, he makes a post that calls you town.

Kashuno posted:

Fair. I hadn't noticed that.

Kash answers TMM but I really don’t think he’s answered to Nth Doctor yet.

Biaga posted:

So I have stopped lurking in this thread, so I apologise for not posting as much as I use to (continually I am in school so Wednesdays are busy for me) but regardless i will attempt to clarify my justification for pointing a finger at Kashuno.

The first person to vote for me was pope, I honestly think his vote was less a serious post and more a point of justifying to me the intention of day1 in feeling out people and forcing them to justify a vote or suspicion. Kushuno, on the other hand, was less about justification and more aimed at removing the first likely threat. He jumped on voting for the first person with a weak defense, or, more accurately to my situation, lack of experience.

Resigning to die is really easy especially when you have nothing to hide. I also have never stated that killing someone on d1 is anything but negative(though I have grown to see the logic in a game outside face-to-face interaction, as this brief period of attention in game has grown to show me).

I think this sums it up pretty nicely, and only saw this after I started this post.

##vote Kashuno

Biaga backs up his Kash vote. I still agree with the sentiment that Kash’s vote on him was opportunistic. I can also read this as biaga as being backed into a corner and having to double down on someone so I’m taking whatever biaga is saying with a huge loving grain of salt.

Kashuno posted:

If my vote was opportunistic and trying to jump at the first threat I see, why would I stick with my vote as is right now when the tide on the case is turning, and there are other people being voted?

Also it seems weird that a post calling me town sums up your opinions and says to you that you should vote for me.

It’s mostly Kash’s responses that I’m concerned with. At this point, biaga is still in the hot spot so Kash isn’t really going out on any limb here by sticking with biaga as his vote. Hermetic starts taking a beating for his messy posting. I’m more concerned about Kash sliding off the radar because of this and that’s why I bring it up in my effortpost.

Kash and I have a big ‘ol slap fight. I can sum it up as: Kash is being really goddamn defensive. Kash also began looking for others to weigh in on what they thought of me. To me it comes off desperate.

Kashuno posted:

Colonel, how would it make any sense that Biaga is likely scum if I'm definitely scum? Do you think I'm doing some insane suicidal bussing strat?

How have i rolled off the radar? I've been garnering votes all day and engaging the thread in discussion.

Finding Gabriel's response to be weird doesn't insinuate in any way that I find Biaga to be town, and I don't get where you think I'm back pedaling there.

Currently I think Gabriel is posting a lot, and not a ton that feels substantial to me. As we approach deadline, I'll want to see where their content goes or if it's mostly white noise.

I haven't dodged an accusation and I think it's clear from that you aren't noting my reactions and are in fact trying to create a narrative to support your vote that doesn't exist.

Now I’ll revisit this.

1. Thinking that biaga is possibly scum doesn’t mean I can’t also think the same of Kash. Kash is saying that I think they’re both scum together which would be loving stupid (as he points out) since they’re pointing fingers at eachother. One of them could be town, but they’re both acting scummy so either one could be a worthwhile vote.
2. When I finally posted my effortpost, the Herm discussion was heating up and I didn’t want your shady poo poo getting lost in the mix.
3.After rereading this, I can see your point. I still maintain that your vote at that time was opportunistic and looking like you took issue with Gabriel’s vote but then voting on biaga too looks weird. Good thing you’ve given me plenty of other poo poo to sift through.

My effortpost wasn’t that great. I wanted to cut it down to avoid a huge fuckoff post like this. Hopefully my mindset is more clear now. I saw Kash as a good D1 vote (still do) though I was plenty willing to hear out cases on other people and vote differently to avoid a no-lynch.

Now I wanna take a look at Herm’s demise. I unvoted Kash because I felt like I needed to reread Herm because it was deadline day and I wanted to make the best vote I could. Reading through Herm I can see why he got lynched and I feel like there was plenty to justify voting against him. What I can’t understand is how Kash ending the vote seven hours early with a hammer benefits anyone besides himself. Kash and Herm were the players with the most votes at that point. The second the tide turned, Kash jumped on it and squashed any more debating that would have been helpful to town.

Kashuno posted:

I would like it if you post cases, reasoning, and votes. If you are town, posting analysis is the only weapon you have to help hunt scum; the posts you've been making are not helpful to town and seem more like scum dodging generating content in fear they will make their scum bros look bad or accidentally slip something.

I'll follow your advice to biaga. My vote on you stands. :allears:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

If it ends up that we're both town I'll eat my hat. :colbert:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please give me an opinion on someone else

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, your d1 case is weak against me, we are halfway in to d2 do you have anything to say about today's stuff other than my hammer sucked?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Colonel Corazon posted:

What I can’t understand is how Kash ending the vote seven hours early with a hammer benefits anyone besides himself.

Well, it conveniently got a bunch of lurkers (such as you) off the hook for posting D1 and gave you an excuse to keep pushing Kash instead of doing real scumhunting. I don't see any way that it realistically could have been coordinated between you two but you have to admit that it was a gift from heaven for you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay I've done pretty awful at reading so far so I'm going to push myself and do some rereading over the thread to find some scum! Expect posts coming momentarily.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Well, it conveniently got a bunch of lurkers (such as you) off the hook for posting D1 and gave you an excuse to keep pushing Kash instead of doing real scumhunting. I don't see any way that it realistically could have been coordinated between you two but you have to admit that it was a gift from heaven for you.

I thought it was pretty loving inconvenient in the end. I was skimming the thread at work, saw poo poo was getting heated, and unvoted Kash because I didn't want Kash to get quickhammered when other people were making cases and there was active discussion. Turns out Herm got hammered pretty fast and we all lost out on debate time.

Are you saying that I was possibly coordinating with Kash? :psyduck:

And you don't think I'm doing scum hunting? I posted my thoughts on Kash (a lot of thoughts). You don't think he's scummy? :psypop:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Oh yeah, biaga, I really wanna hear from you. As far as I'm concerned you're still another good target for my vote. I'm surprised you're not jumping on the chance to post a more on D2 because you got lucky as hell considering how it started off.

You said you wanted to look at people who voted for Herm. What do you think of them?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Colonel Corazon posted:

Are you saying that I was possibly coordinating with Kash? :psyduck:

I explicitly said exactly the opposite of that, so no.

Colonel Corazon posted:

And you don't think I'm doing scum hunting? I posted my thoughts on Kash (a lot of thoughts). You don't think he's scummy? :psypop:

Yes, I think Kash is scummy. No, I don't think you're seriously scumhunting. Your megapost is a mix of pointing out the obvious (I think literally everybody is suspicious of his D1 hammer) and rehashing your terrible D1 arguments that are still terrible:

Colonel Corazon posted:

This is what first catches my attention. I read Kash’s disagreement with Gabe’s vote and then subsequent vote on biaga as a weird turn around. I saw it as an opportunistic vote on biaga, after he didn’t appear to be on board with Gabriel’s vote on biaga.

You keep quoting Kumba starting to back off Biaga as evidence of Kash's vote being "opportunistic." An opportunistic vote would be taking advantage of other people doing the groundwork and putting votes and pressure on someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm getting ~vibes~ from Kashuno.

He livotes Hermetic when there starts being pressure on him. He defends me for my lovely lurking which is a weird thing to do unless he knows I'm town and wants to look good if I get lynched for being bad at Mafia. Hammers prematurely (seriously why the hell would you do that). Makes a "too scummy to be scum" argument day 2. States that Corazon's casing has been "disproved on every point" which I'm not really seeing. I'm assumign you mean Corazon's big ol' effort post, but it didn't state anything which was concrete enough to prove wrong just opinions on your opinions.

Corazon feels townie for me, he seems to be making a conscious effort to analyse people's posts and find scum. Feels a lot like he was once he got the hang of Mafia later on in the Mad Max game I was running so I'm leaning town for now and I don't get why Kashuno's so fixed on him.

• Locked thread