Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Mr Bibs kinda did a physical version of a portmanteau of this two things.

Is that thread available without archives? I remember that there was a fiction jam about people dying from hotdogs, and goon fiction jams are like my favorite thing about SomethingAwful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover jews)
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

:dukedoge:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The porizj chili thread is one of the all-time greatest.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i believe there was someone who uploaded a ratified photo of himself sucking his own dick in an attempt to become the fyad idiot king. ages ago, say 2010-ish?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Goons love nothing more than arguing about food, but when goons cook, the results are usually terrifying one way or another.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I can't remember the specifics, but once I remember thinking "oh, that sounds good" re: some gigantic recipe and then the guy indicated he ate the bulk of it in one sitting by talking about how there were enough leftovers for a lunch or something.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The chickencheese thread is one of the all-time greatest.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There's poetry in how it starts with slightly mean minded thread gatekeeping then blossoms out into an insane forums banquet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FactsAreUseless posted:

Noni serves as a terrible warning to all future admins: sometimes making the funny poster a mod is a really bad idea.

This is why now we only have extremely humorless mods and admins.

The Doobies Dogs thread(s) contributed a whole lot to forums lore but it also robbed us of a great poster. :(

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Can someone link porizj chili thread? I tried looking for a link in this one but didn’t manage to spot one

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Here you go!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

romney pence shlomney schpence they all the same

but you're right, pence is the dude that calls his wife "mother" and makes women extremely uncomfortable by telling them he can't be alone with them at any time

MightyJoe36 posted:

Yeah, rich, old white republicans tend to be so much alike it's hard to keep them straight.

Beachcomber posted:

Their wives have the same problem.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Goddamn I'd turn them gay in a second.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

No joke that thread is the reason I own a shotgun shell reloading setup, so I can make comedy pepper corn shells.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

AlbieQuirky posted:

For a Republican, he sure seems comfortable with being publicly owned.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

I like this one:
I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Help a clueless goon out?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GWBBQ posted:

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Help a clueless goon out?

It's a reference to the last part of this post by Triticum Guzzler:

quote:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe. 

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii 

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in 

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp 

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident 

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum 

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins. 

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum 

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions 

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction" 

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Karate Bastard posted:

Goddamn I'd turn them gay in a second.

pence will turn you straight in another second

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

dreadmojo posted:

It's a reference to the last part of this post by Triticum Guzzler:
I had completely forgotten that post, thanks.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its probably the single greatest post every made on these forums. It should automatically pop up every month or so for all users and you have to acknowledge that you've read it before being allowed to the rest of the forums.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

1stGear posted:

Its probably the single greatest post every made on these forums. It should automatically pop up every month or so for all users and you have to acknowledge that you've read it before being allowed to the rest of the forums.

yeh

new posters should be thrown into the parisan catacombs; imo its a good hazing to bring the love for us all

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Once 2018's one legitimate new poster finally registers an account we can go ahead and try that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Once 2018's one legitimate new poster finally registers an account we can go ahead and try that.

*throw u into the catacombs* lol injoke

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

the 200,000th reg was in mid june and it's at 200,684 now.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dreadmojo posted:

the 200,000th reg was in mid june and it's at 200,684 now.

Dare's reregistrations are getting nutso.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dare's reregistrations are getting nutso.

yeah we had to get the banning button hooked up to one of those drinking bird things

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dreadmojo posted:

yeah we had to get the banning button hooked up to one of those drinking bird things

LITERALLY A BIRD has to sleep sometime, though

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

i believe there was someone who uploaded a ratified photo of himself sucking his own dick in an attempt to become the fyad idiot king. ages ago, say 2010-ish?

It's entirely possible that this happened more than once but a dude did it in BYOB around 07-08. Lowtax sent him a fifty dollar (I think) gift card after he did it. The verification involved a toothbrush on one foot and his username... Somewhere? My memory is hazy.

Also, I met that guy (or someone claiming to be him) in Lagrange, Georgia at a hardcore show. ~memories~

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Khazar-khum posted:

If you go to the hospital after any kind of mental breakdown, be prepared to have your family & friends treat you like a leper.

incredible flesh posted:

conversely if you start biting people and live in a tree, be prepared to have your family and friends treat you like a leopard

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GWBBQ posted:

I had completely forgotten that post, thanks.

"my nigga have u tried LSD" is in turn a reference to some TCC poster who kramered into a thread about dealing with opiate addiction to suggest out of the clear blue loving sky that a recovering heroin addict should drop acid to help with... something, somehow.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"my nigga have u tried LSD" is in turn a reference to some TCC poster who kramered into a thread about dealing with opiate addiction to suggest out of the clear blue loving sky that a recovering heroin addict should drop acid to help with... something, somehow.

I think the kramerer was the mod, even. Hondaman?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now picturing an obese man busting into the conversation flying headbutt style dishing out hot take arguments like they're a thousand punches open palm slaps.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It was the mod telling a Heroin addict that rehab doesn't work and LSD would be the better option to treat it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Freudian posted:

I think the kramerer was the mod, even. Hondaman?

a mod called Hondarider

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I actually thought it was a handful of TCC people suggesting this but I could be mistaken. The whole logic behind "use LSD to get over heroin withdrawal" was hilariously misguided.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i find it especially hilarious because there are ongoing studies into the efficacy of miniscule amounts of lsd in mental health treatment (including addiction recorvery) but then goons turned this into the equivalent of hearing that penicillin exists so gently caress doctors, you can cure the flu by eating bread out of a dumpster

edit: vvv i don't think you understand how that joke works

CaptainViolence has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Nov 4, 2018

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

CaptainViolence posted:

i find it especially hilarious because there are ongoing studies into the efficacy of miniscule amounts of lsd in mental health treatment (including addiction recorvery) but then goons turned this into the equivalent of hearing that penicillin exists so gently caress doctors, you can cure the flu by eating bread out of a dumpster

do you want fries with that

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Hogge Wild posted:

do you want fries with that

Don't drive thru joke fun posts

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No beat the poo poo out of them like some kind of sumo wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

gently caress