Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Secret character: Ultimate Madoka and Devil Homura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

They decide to get violent and add Black Lagoon in one. Basically, give me a game where it's Madoka, Utena, and the Sailor Scouts vs an army of neo-Nazis and I'll be happy forever.

Endorph posted:

a srw-style game with utena in it would rule just because you could make the student council secret units if you wanted to

combo attack where they do nothing but stand in an elevator rambling and the enemy eventually explodes

Only if Utena's ultimate attack is a 30 second stairway sequence followed by a single strike.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

The important one is, can we save Marida?

From what I've heard, yes, it's the point system, most of the points consist of having Banagher talk to her when she shows up in the Banshee then when you get her back, have her or Banagher kill Riddhe in the Norn on stage 44. Someone who's actually played it can correct me.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Decided to look around /m/ for scans/info because I'm insane like that. Here's what I found.

Cast List

Scans:

So yes, for the first time since 2003, the Universal Century returns to a Nintendo handheld. And, I think this is the first time we have a battleship on the cover, too.

And lastly, there will be a PV on the 21st, with the game's supposed release date slated for August.

Makes sense that they put Nadesico on the cover, it's usually the best unit from its series.

Also, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay maybe a badass cover of Aurora and new cover of You Get To Burning!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Well on the plus side I'll get some SRW versions of the AGE opening themes. Real and Aurora were nice, and if I'm lucky To Tomorrow will come in with Flit. sharp# is almost certainly getting kicked for Beyond Destiny, but then again I am apparently the only person in the world who liked sharp#.

Though I wouldn't complain if they kicked Aurora for AGE-FX.

Personally I'm hoping for this as Flit's theme, and Aurora for AGE-FX and Dark Hound.

As far as secrets go... Maybe the guy who's girlfriend died in gen 2 and Littlest Martian Cancer Patient's big brother for AGE?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So they're just doing all of Unicorn at once, eh? Alrighty, hopefully the new remixes sound good.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

There's also AGE's whole deal which would actually work rather well with it, too. Maybe I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but maybe AGE will actually be decent now.

Dr Pepper posted:

So this will be the first time Nadesico is in a game with a Squad system.

Is it 2 or 3 to a squad?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Since it's the same engine as UX most likely 2 mech squads

Man, that's not as fun. How can I do the Buttercup formation with just 2 Aestis?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Ryoko and Izumi in one squad, place Hikaru in another. Then do the team attacks.

More like Ryoko and Akito in one squad and Izumi and Hikaru in the other. Still, it'd be neat if it was 3 person squads.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

quantumavenger posted:

Full Frontal opens the Laplace Box over live broadcast to the entire Earth Sphere, reaches in...and pulls out a limited edition signed DVD box set of Gekiganger 3.

If Gekiganger is in any way deeply tied to Laplace's Box I will deeply consider buying a Japanese 3DS for importing purposes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

This week's Nintendo Direct had some stuff for BX in it.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26384308

AGE-3 Orbital confirmed as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I thought the Orbital had a unique head, turns out they're all the same.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I think Confuse might be the single most broken Spirit Command in the series.

Especially when you have five or six squadmate pilots that can cast it.

The sheer number of Confuse ready characters in Z2/3 basically means that by endgame, enemies will always be under a 50% penalty unless they have Strike or something. It's beautiful.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Good news is they have all the AGE secrets they need in Gen 1 and 2 variants. Not like you'd ever need to use Double Bullet over Dark Hound but it'd be neat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Double Bullet would kick the poo poo out of Dark Hound in SRW mechanics. It has giant beam-wing things and tons of weapons that Dark Hound doesn't have. Dark Hound mostly relies on having the best pilot in the setting to carry it through since it actually has a fairly crap weapon lineup. Asemu just does a lot with wire hooks and a flash bulb.

Fair point, I was more just thinking pirate Gundam>Double Bullet. I love the Double Bullet so much but Dark Hound has an eyepatch and that still makes me giggle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh hey, original SEED is finally back.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Setsuna doesn't understand what is strange about that.

PXZ actually has way less text, doesn't it?

Yeah, it doesn't have any real attack text and only one route, compared to the 4 or 5 route splits in the average SRW and the 8 billion attack texts for all the different combinations of pilots.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

drat. That's some nice Gundam.

... wait, it just occured to me. Is Age-3 Orbital in the game? Does it have actual attacks?!

Edit:

Oh, it's an attack for AGE-3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoy6heTICI

That's one way to get around it being a worthless pile of poo poo in the series.

Edit 2:
Man, poor Obright. He gets to be a unit and even gets his suicide attack but it is animated like poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TofwAnnXduY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrWJj-voH7E
AGE-FX has the space super-ball for its ultimate attack. That's probably what I should expect.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYE5QId0FU
Oh my god, yes AGE-1 Full Gransa has the Plasma Destroyer.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 20, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh good, it's far enough out I don't need to give that much of a poo poo about saving money for it since it'll probably be dead around then.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I want Build Fighters Try in if only for Amazing Red Warrior and Tryon 3.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

things will get confusing if they ever put knights of sidonia in

I can only dream of the day when the Honoka and Puru sisters get to hang out together and have a massive 30 something combo attack.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

The problem with that caveat is that mobas are inherently bad

MOBAs are, at best, alright, it's just the playerbase that's a shitstain on the fabric of society.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I am a little too excited to see Granteed and Coustwell wreck poo poo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hivac posted:

Am I weird for liking Bellzelute a lot :(

You aren't. All of the J originals have a special place in my heart because they're all wonderfully weird machines that fire plasmacrystals at everything.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Personally I'm waiting to see what they romanize Cybuster as next.

Saibastard.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Thank christ no Aimo for a while. I love Macross Frontier but goddamn I was going to bash my head in if I had another 10 levels of random "Aiiiiiiiiiiiimo Aiiiiiiiiiiimo"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I like Calvina's route more than Touya's because Touya goes from a typical teenage robot hero to, what feels out of nowhere him spouting "I AM A KNIGHT OF HONOR AND I SAY THEE NAY, JA MU DALBY," whereas Calvina goes from "loving hell, I don't want to pilot this thing" to "gently caress you and everyone related to you, Al Van" to "Welp, your boss was the crazy one, I guess, let's ride off into the sunset together, Al Van, with my special assistant (MOST USED CO-PILOT'S NAME HERE)." I haven't completed a playthrough of J in about 2 years and I haven't finished Touya's route since about 5 months after the translation was released, so my memory's a little on the fuzzy side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Caphi posted:

SRW with all car robots and robots on wheels. This includes R1 KMFs, and Zero is constantly trying to crash the races.

Don't forget my homeboy IGPX.

• Locked thread