Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
They also had an episode where the villain decided that a smoke machine and projector was too much work and just started pumping fear toxin into a library to make the gang trip balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Why do the boys hate 300 so much? Have they talked about it in detail? I'm not a Hack Snyder fan but he was really good at incorporating cgi into that film. Is it because they are being libtards and don't like the fascist narrative of the comic book?

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 30, 2016

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

is he like rob liefeld's little cousin or something

That's pretty harsh. Sure some of his stuff is clevagetastic but he clearly has some understanding of anatomy and not all of his characters are grimacing,

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Hey Bar this synthpop stuff is pretty catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUImM1-7DBE

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

He's had heart problems on stage, sometimes stuff like that can cause personality changes.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUcRUbZbas

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Another 48 hours must be a real shitfest. They barely spent any time recapping it in an hour and a half podcast taking any excuse to go on a tangent.

TetsuoTW posted:

Weirdo: "Hey guy I heard this one guy you employ is gay!"
Boss: "OK so what anonymous weirdo?"

Don't they all work in the NYC entertainment industry? He could have a picture of the gang mincing down Christopher Street in full drag for all the good it would do him.

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 29, 2016

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

precision posted:

Gallagher.

I can do impressions, Marc, you son of a bitch.

Now this watermelon symbolizes Wilford Brimley hunting alligators in the bayou and this sledgehammer symbolizes Nick Nolte calling President Obama a space alien...

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aS28IzExao

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Hockles posted:

What if, this whole podcast has been Frank Welker doing 4-9 different voices this entire time?

wait...

....what if everyone on Earth has actually been voiced by Frank Welker this whole time?

WHO DARES QUESTION THE KING OF VOICE ACTING ATOP HIS SOLID GOLD TOILET?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

They weren't talented enough to combine space opera and fairy tale. And no one cares about cgi visuals anymore.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Jimbot posted:

They certainly make divisive movies. A lot of people hate Speed Racer but, for me, it gets better each time I watch it. I absolutely adore that film.

I didn't get the hate for Speed Racer either.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

A Meat posted:

My favorite running character other than the ones mentioned is Pippi Longstocking's Horse "EAT FISH YOU BITCH!"

I TOLD YOU SHE'S TRYING TO KILL THOSE KIDS. You'll get the chair Longstocking, THE CHAIR.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

They sing about losing inhibitions but Michael Caine knew what he was doing the whole time. Rio was innocent.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

I specifically remember seeing this on TV as a kid. And my parents had rented A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM. I'd also seen THE HAND as well, which meant I was versed in all the WHM Michael Caine movies without having to see them again (Though I have no idea why my parents were ok with me watching BLAME IT ON RIO in hindsight).

Your parents have terrible taste in Michael Caine movies

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Hey I have this great idea for a comedy: the ghost of an overly intense billionaire and his child bride conspire to steal a younger man's body through murder.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Now I want a Saturday morning cartoon adaptation of Taxi Driver and It Follows

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

You know it's going to be a great episode when it's like half an hour in and they can't get past the first scene of the movie.

I almost didn't listen to the whole podcast because of that. The Happening is so wretched it almost stopped me from listening to the boys clown on Mark Walburger and hot dogs for an hour.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Eric's line about Tommy Lee Jones make me laugh for three minutes straight.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

But lately its been Stan Lee schmuckin' a J and getting/stealing ideas

Bruce Dern shmucks weed and Stan Lee schmokes Js.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

I feel like they could do a whole podcast series on the Pussy Posse. I guess we'll have to wait until after their Bee Movie minute by minute project.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

He directed a part of it, but yeah you're right. Sorry. Working off a little sleep. What I meant is that they're pre-disposed against the Snyder-verse.

Everyone has an anti-Snyder bias, have you read the reviews?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

BvS isn't a movie, it is just a series of scenes put one after another. 9/11 Jesus Superman is more grim and dire than anything in Watchmen.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Jimbot posted:

A man from the House of El written by a couple Jewish kids in the 30's has religious undertones?! What in the flying heck!

Yeah but you can't be Jesus, Ayn Rand, and Osama bin Laden at the same time. That is just absurd.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

The only thing that matters to a movie star's career is if your movies make money and by that metric Will Smith has always had an amazing career.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Why are podcasts even part of networks? I've never found a podcast through a network and iTunes is the one that tracks downloads and ratings. Why wouldn't advertisers just approach podcasts based on their audience size? It reminds me of when webcomics would be with certain hosting companies but then everyone figured out they could cut out the middleman and take more ad revenue for themselves. Lootcrate does business with a million lone nerd youtubers. If they don't buy equipment or provide representation and you can buy hosting and sell ads on the open market than what does their percentage really pay for?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

precision posted:

There are a lot of reasons to use a network if you do a podcast, it really depends on what you're aiming to accomplish.

These guys make perfect sense on a network.

Are there enough reasons that maybe you could list some for my edification?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

I was listening to the 2nd half of the episode this morning and saw 2 people on Tinder with movie Harley Quinn costumes.

I want to see GODS OF EGYPT before the episode. My little bro loves it, and it sounds like it has amazing visuals, which is all I care about in a movie (gently caress 'plot', it doesn't matter). It sounds like it'd go great with a few tall glasses of water.

Plus I'm Facebook friends with Alex Proyas because Sydney is tiny, and he posted a ton of rants/defenses of the movie. He seemed really hurt by the critical reception, and it's hard not to think of him. Plus I kinda know people who worked on it

Though it was hilarious going to a local occult art exhibition. They had trippy Crowley art and then Proyas' moody black and white photos of naked goth girls.

Man Y2K was not kind to Alex Proyas

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Me, an idiot: Oh so she's gonna have something to do with defeating/trapping the enchantress. Probably suck her right out along with the archeologists soul and she'll be the one the soldier guy hates at the end of this and maybe oh no the meth head soldier guy just crushed the heart thing and archeologist lady is still alive so whatever nothing matters

At least Heathens is an okay song.

No there are no payoffs in this movie

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/mi_16evil/status/817178541745811456

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Fezz posted:

All you complainers should listen to this week's episode. No interstitial ads and no Trump impressions.

It's really loving funny, the blurb was enough to make me burst out laughing.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

This is the third episode of the Creep Trilogy: Blame It On Rio, Ghosts Cant Do It, and My Father the Hero

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 14, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Gyges posted:

Voyager is Threshold. Which probably was the episode called in by at least 57% of all callers.

DS9 is Civil Defense. It's not even a Worf episode. :sad:

But it is a Gul Dukat episode.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Wow Steve is a real Noo Yawker

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

- The bad fire nation general didn't limply stab a fish in a burlap sack, he loving burnt it alive and the entire world turned blood red afterwards

It is hilarious how much more "cinematic" the tv show is compared to the movie. Like using a prison in the middle of the ocean as a setting or turning the moon red after someone kills the moon spirit or including a map to give context to a sprawling adventure.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

That guy is a piece of poo poo. Seriously try to watch two minutes of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Why does Captain Kurgen want the detectives to go to bed?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

:cumpolice:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

From the IMDB Trivia page:

"Leo Anthony Gallagher, Jr., known as Gallagher, is rumored to be cast as the Green Ranger in the sequel as teased at the end of the film.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3717490/trivia?ref_=m_tt_trv_trv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

A Meat posted:

I'm pretty happy with the reaction they had to the TOS slash fic I found for them

This one was better than potty training Data. I could only listen to the first 5 seconds of that.