Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RatHat posted:

Kojima's about to make you his bitch.

Suck it down.

WHAT?!? I won't take that!

I demand Kojima be fired and then forced to open a small game studio called MonkeyPound Games that goes nowhere and then he orders a mail order bride and then gets divorced for like the fifth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You can call me Liquid Snak, Codename Soylent.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Snake, this is a snacking mission.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
:siren: STESTART REAM :siren:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

It may be friday before a solution is found, as Rusty, the AMD CEO/Coder/Security-Guard/Caretaker, doesn't come in anymore except on fridays to sweep up a bit and work on the 3-year old driver bug backlog.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cowcaster posted:

As an aside anyone who uses the Nvidia Experience thing to keep their graphics poo poo in check having the problem where it can read the settings for Phantom Pain but says it can't optimize them?

Nvidia Experience is garbage. Uninstalling it is the best thing you can do with it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

KidDynamite posted:

Can't connect to servers and just unlocked FOB's :gonk:

Speaking of this, have they mentioned any updates on what the hell is going on with their servers and the so-called "server maintenance"?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Can anyone confirm if there's a weird cutscene that plays on the medical platform? I wasn't sure if it being mentioned on every single page of the this thread meant it was real or not.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vengarr posted:

Look at this guy who reads every page of the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain thread instead of playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I'm waiting for my four-day weekend to truly get into it.

Gonna be so drat stealthy that BB sneak up on hisself.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Anyone know if there's a way to game the FOB stuff? So you can create them, but not have anyone ever attack them?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think if you build a nuke only people with really high heroism can invade you, but I'm not sure if that blocks you out of invading them too. It's also a huge Heroism penalty (like, 50k) and does some other stuff, including progressing you towards "Demon Snake", which is a permanent status where your horn grows longer and you are always covered in blood even if you shower.

Interesting.

I wonder if you can do something like set up a custom firewall rule, where the game still thinks you're connected, but won't let anyone actually connect with you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nothing, they are just for looks. D-Horse has a really badass cosmetic-only "uniform" too.

Not sure if it's accurate, but the strat guide says the armors for D-Horse and D-Dog do provide them with more protection.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This may have already been mentioned, but I noticed an interesting bit of info in the strat guide about Side Ops, and why you can replay some of them.

The map is divided up into sections, and each section can have a maximum of one Side-Op available at a time. Side-Ops have requirements though that have to be met before they're made available to play. So if you are in Section-1, and you've finished Side Op-A, but don't meet the requirements for Side Op-B to show up, the game will make available a previously completed Side-Op for replay, so you have something to do if you feel like playing something with a goal to it. This is why replay has seemed so random, since it all depends which area you're in, and whether nor not you qualify for the next Side-Op in the series, and whether you return to Mother Base or the ACC which causes the refresh.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
How do I equip the animal traps? I developed them, but when I go to equip them on the loadout screen they're crossed out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scoops posted:

I have a weird bug on PC where the blood effects on Snake won't wash off.

It doesn't matter if I use the showers on mother base, switch uniforms, or characters. When I use other characters they can get blood on them and wash it off just fine, but for some reason my game has snake permanently covered in gore. Has anyone else had this problem before/know a fix for it?

Have you considered..... it may not be a bug.....

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

It's really kind of annoying that one of the trophies is locked behind something that pretty much fucks over your game permanently if you want to really get into PvP, but just wanted to let you know before you figure it out the hard way. [/spoiler]

Or, you know, get all the enjoyment you're going to get out of the game, and then build the nuke right before you give up playing, if trophies are so important.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Thumbtacks posted:

Just infiltrated a guy

ROCKET PUNCH!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I love the fact that every once and a while, you fulton an enemy and he's totally loving the ride. All hooting and hollering and laughing as he gets dragged away.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

a7m2 posted:

Is there a way to decrease your demon points?

While there are ton of variables to the demon system, it's pretty simple overall. Negative actions, i.e. killing people, grievously wounding people, harming your buddies, etc, give you demon points. Anything positive, or less than lethal, i.e. rescuing POW's, tranquing instead of killing, collecting animals, etc, give you hero points, which can bring you back into non-demon territory.

Outside of things like achievements and development milestones which can give you tons of hero points, the largest single bump you can get is from S ranking missions. So if you want to reverse the process, replay missions and S-rank them.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 7, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bholder posted:

Pretty sure those are the prisoners or ex-Motherbase members

Nope, I've had a few Russians who loved getting fultoned.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Heavy Metal posted:

Not true. Seeing that save icon messing around in the menu doesn't mean you continue from there when you die.

But it saves the world state, I believe.

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if it'll save the number of guys you've taken out. So if you save somewhere halfway through a mission but then do die, and have to start at the "beginning" of a base, you can head back in but everyone you've already killed/tranqued/fultoned will still be gone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat.

I was just thinking about it too, since I had my first "spend 20 minutes stealthing a base *DEAD*" moment.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Megasabin posted:

How does resource acquisition work in this game? I figured I could deploy for a side op, leave the game on while I'm at work, and it would accrue resources for me and refine them automatically with time. This does not seem to be working in practice though. Any insight?

The guide says something about resource acquisition and base/weapon building continuing when you're offline, but at a reduced pace. From what I can tell though, if it's even working at all, it's at a ridiculously reduced pace. Where it's real-time when you're playing, to something like 12 hours of real-time is equal to 5 minutes in-game when you're not playing. Which is basically the same as not working in the end.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What's the deal with those supply flares anyway? You can call down a resupply anytime through the iDroid, and you only have to pay for the resupply. If you use the flare, you have to pay for the resupply and the flare.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
As far as the outbreak goes, I wonder if you can avoid it completely if you have no Kikongo speaking people on staff. Basically if you immediately fire any staff you've fultoned when you see they speak it. The game seems to default to Kikongo as the language causing the outbreak, but I wonder if the game will switch the cause to another language if it finds you have no Kikongo speaking staff at all.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Funky Britches posted:

Here's a list from gamefaqs:

Missing the big one though, which is S-Ranking a mission will reduce demon points by 1600. So you can keep redoing a quick mission and S-Ranking it to reduce demon status.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Some basic tips for making them less frustrating:

My favorite weapon combo is a shotgun + LMG. Two shotgun blasts breaks their armor status, and then you can dump an LMG into their head. If it's upgraded, the LMG can even kill one before the stun animation finishes.

Anti-aircraft guns, MG emplacements, and D-Walker's minigun all mulch them in seconds. Emplacements are harder to use because if they get shot they break, but you can still generally thin the herd a bit before that happens.

After Mission 20, you can research a water gun that temporarily stuns them.

D-Horse and D-Walker are both good for booking it if you don't want to fight them. You usually need to get about 500 meters away before the mist disappears and they stop chasing you.

There are more specific strategies based on which fight you are talking about, but those tips are applicable to pretty much all of them.

Are later Skulls like the first group you meet, where you can just QTE counter their melee and then gun them down while they're stunned?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Heavy Metal posted:

I don't even know how this is possible.

*Salutes*

If you pay people they will work for you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
D-Walker should've been a straight replacement for D-Horse, after D-Horse could no longer be sent into the field because endless fultons had turned him in a nervous wreck who was just constantly pissing and making GBS threads everywhere.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Spikeguy posted:

Picked this game up, loving it. Question though, when you abduct enemy troops to join your army, how are you convincing them to work for you? Are they just psyched to fight for the greatest soldier of all time, or is torture involved off screen and not being mentioned?

You have already put too much thought into this game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

beedeebee posted:

Where can I find the "I need a hero" tape?

I don't think that's in the game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's a shame. What else would you play when you're chasing after Oscar on D-Walker.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Insert name here posted:

Use the .50 cal sniper, and stand on top of the closest hangar or on the second floor of the terminal building.

:ssh: This isn't a spoiler.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheQat posted:

What happens if the g44 blueprint is missing when revisiting the missions where it's supposed to be? Is there a chance it will reappear in a subsequent visit, or is my save bugged?

The guide says it can be found in Ditadi Abandoned Village at any time, in or out of mission.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sigma-X posted:

I wish there was a way to force the side ops to not rotate in old ones, it feels like I can only do 3 new ones at a time when I used to do 5.

The game will always favour new side ops over old ones. Afghanistan and Africa are divided up into discrete zones though, and only one side op can be present in each zone at a time. That's the whole reason behind old missions reappearing as well. The game will populate each area with a side op. It will try to place a new side op in each area, but if there are no new ones left for an area, or you don't meet the criteria for the next side op in the series, it will place an old side op in the area so you have something to do, if you so choose. Even if the game didn't place old side ops in the game world, you would still be seeing the same number of new side ops as you are now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Doc Morbid posted:

I think the legendary bear might be the most powerful foe Snake has ever faced. This thing has completely wrecked my poo poo a few times now, guess I'll come back when I've researched stronger tranq darts.

Truly a weapon to surpass Metal Gear. Metal Bear!?

If they don't detect you, a single dart to the head will take them down.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You can do that with regular Fulton balloons as well.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, thinking about it more I guess I can't really blame him for how the character turned out.

"Boss, [long winded speech about sociopolitical issue]!"

"Hmm, OK."

Characters asks pointed, direct question at Big Boss.

Big Boss - "....."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chief Savage Man posted:

Is there an upgrade for the analyzer to say which skills enemies have? I have the one for up to A++.

Yep.

• Locked thread