Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Personally I'm still waiting on Rome II. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Rakthar posted:

Stellaris video showing off the game for 10 minutes including the :siren::siren: SHIP DESIGNER :siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRp7T5irXTQ

:qq: This is going to be so beautiful. :qq:

uPen posted:

It really looks like Distant Worlds but designed in a sane fashion.

:qq: This is all i ever wanted. :qq:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

A page or so late, but you guys arguing about the cultural change wiping out cultural buildings--there's a real cool mod on workshop called "Cultural Traditions" or something in the vein that lets previously built cultural buildings stay even after the ruler's culture changes. You can build both longbowmen and camel knights in England! Make armies as diverse as your wife's "lovers" tab!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I play in terrain at least 95% of the time...

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

oscarthewilde posted:

Jesus, do you people have any hope for the future left? One flimsy news article and weird tweet and suddenly all hell's breaking loose. SMDH

We are in the timeline where Donald Trump might become president. What hope for the future is there?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Late-game Stellaris runs fine on an 8 year old rig with a 4 year old GPU (I tested it on my backup system). Let's not exaggerate Clausewitz system requirements, please.

I routinely play Stellaris on my 2015 macbook pro so I know it's not the most demanding game. Even better if you install the mod that makes textures less texture-y, easing up on my macbook's nonexistant video card.

All that said I have no idea why the warhammer mod for ck2 runs like molasses dripping from a southerner's rear end on a hot day.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

AUTHENTIC Mohammed portrait.

CK2 handled Mohammed really well though:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Groogy posted:

*Look, if you peer back to before, our quality and stability of our releases has only been getting better and more structured over time. I know right now people are saying the quality of third rome is somehow poo poo even though I think we've gotten like 8 bugs reported since launch and we had near infinite amount of time to just sit and fix stuff and improve things that needed a nice rework (like the make state tooltips which was completely unreadable so I remade it with icons instead and sorted it by development.)

I remember paying for and playing through the bug-disguised-as-an-expansion that is Divine Wind; if these chucklefucks think third rome is buggy then they definitely don't know their paradox history. :colbert:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Overlord, but you're managing an 19th century slum and factroy

Age of Wonders, except the map is Europe and you're Napoleon and you still have magical powers

Isn't there a middling book series that's the Napoleonic wars, but with magic/dragons?

Easy IP tie in.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

It'll be like stellaris but instead of little animated alien portraits, it's little people in funny hats.

Pdox could stand to take the Valve method of monetization and go full haberdashery.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I´ve actually sometimes wondered about Paradox doing a horse breeding game, because 1) people that like horses are insane about them 2) there was a lot of stuff around it and it would be a cool look into history and whatnot and 3) horses are neat

Insane person spotted.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Which game is more fun at the moment - CK2 or EU4?

I'm way behind on the DLCs and I can only afford to catch up on one of them (because Paradox never actually bothers doing 75% sales on old DLCs anymore).

Both are tons of fun, both are very different on focus. Do you want to play a country or a dynasty? Do you want to guide a nation to greatness or stave off inbreeding and/or aztec/mongol/chinese hordes? Personally I've always gotten more replay value from CK2 because each game is always batshit different. EUIV is for when I'm stable and sober enough to puzzle out all those decisions.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ChrisAsmadi posted:

I've played both, I'm just about a year or two behind on the mass of DLC. I'm more wondering which is better at the moment and which has improved more.

Ahhh, ok. Well I'm 3 expansions behind on EUIV, so I've of no help here. :v:

I think CK2 has gotten better by leaps and bounds though. Jade Empire's made that eastern half of the map a blast to play on or observe from a safe distance.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I just want Rome 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Kosher Water posted:

Congratulations, hopefully you haven't died in the wait.

it's like a christmas miracle but in june