Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/photonblaze/status/891429565901524994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

Friends, in the final hours of July I have beaten Panic Restaurant and in these, the first days of August, I hunger for more NES/Genesis/GB/GBA games!

Did someone say PANIC RESTAURANT???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQedfsvdMAI

:dance:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why did Doom drop from $60 to $30? Not that I'm complaining cause now I can afford it but it doesn't seem like it's been out that long

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

PSA: If you preorder Sonic Mania on PS4 you get three themes, but they're all static and use the default PS4 dashboard music. Very disappointing.

In other news, there's a demo for Shadow Tactics

The Shadow the Hedgehog XCOM-like??

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's women, plural

The sequel DLC had a sidequest with Ashley Burch in it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Speaking of buying things. I'm looking to get a Switch soon, maybe like in a month. How much of a pain in the rear end is that gonna be? Are they still pretty hard to get a hold of?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Browsing the platformers on steam, the same thing keeps happening: I'll see an interesting looking platformer, read the description, and all my interest will die when I see "procedural" or "procedurally generated levels"

Please, game devs, for the love of god. I don't want levels randomly thrown together so there's an unending possibility of half assed stages. I want real thoughtfully crafted level design!! There are other genres that work with procedurally generated stuff, but platformers are not it IMO. I go back to Shovel Knight and Tropical Freeze (or just about any Nintendo platformer really) and see these really amazingly crafted stages with awesome level design and can't imagine how much worse those games would've been if the stages were randomly built.

I must be in the minority here because so many of these platformers are super well received but it's my favorite genre and procedural generation is one of the least interesting things to me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I remember someone in the Mario Maker thread figured out you could make rocket barrel levels by combining water with the fastest autoscrolling setting and it was great

mario maker switch please

Hello that was me! I made about 4 of them I think. I would've kept making more but could only do so much with the water stage assets :v: They were super fun to make though. It makes me want to learn unity or gamemaker or whatever the hotness is to make my own full game of them.

The Rocket Barrel levels in TF are some of the most genuinely creative stages in a platformer I've ever seen, which is one of the reasons procedural generation is so boring to me. Like a randomly thrown together stage couldn't do what the Reckless Ride stage did where you traveled through a fruit processing factory and it told a story and had a beginning middle and end and UGH it's so good!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

vermin posted:

?MAN?
BONE PERSON

MediEvil HD lookin good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nick no :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmRZigenAo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Raserys posted:

What are some good couch co op games for the ps4

Until Dawn

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Someone sell me or don't sell me on Tacoma. I haven't played Gone Home to compare it to

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hmm no I would like context actually please thank you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Norns posted:

It's okay to have a beer with your work mates

I can't think of very many things I want to do less than interact with any of my co-workers for literally any second that I'm not clocked into work. Don't be friends with your co-workers, that's my motto

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is what happens when one of the team's leaders is cool and good and the other is Darla Dimple

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:yeah:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Weapon durability is dumb in literally every single game that uses it, no exceptions. Even in WoW oh my sword is 50% durability guess i'll pay a few gold and it's fixed wow what a dynamic interesting system

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Endorph posted:

durability is good in fire emblem thracia 776 because you can only buy crappy iron weapons so you have to beat enemies up and take their weapons constantly, so you have to look at enemy inventories and plan around weakening the guys with good weapons so you can capture them, as opposed to just beating everyone up

by end game you still have an infinite stockpile of the best weapons but at least you got those cool weapons yourself instead of being handed a bunch of gold to buy them with

It's weird how you said durability is good there but then went on to describe something that isn't good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's actually really important in games like WoW as a meta-indicator that your group sucks and should give up without anyone individually getting blamed.

Are we playing the same WoW

Cowcaster posted:

thinking about it i think my opinion boils down to "if weapon durability is going to degrade extremely quickly, than there needs to be functionality to repair weapons (system shock 2, dark souls 2)", and "if weapons cannot be repaired and breaking is inevitable, then their durability needs to degrade slowly enough that they feel worth using despite that (s.t.a.l.k.e.r.)"

I just don't want my weapon to break period. I want to have a weapon and it works and always works. I'm okay with other weapon choices for different playstyles to be available but I don't want to be forced into a different weapon cause my weapon broke. I guess it's not all that different from ammo in the grand scheme of things but it feels different.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On the other hand, I would like to play a game where you manage a blacksmith shop

I love the idea of a game where you play as the shopkeepers or merchants or bosses or guides or... whatever NPCs in RPGs and stuff. What was that game that came out several years ago where you run an item shop? What a cute little interesting game that was. I'm totally down for more of that kind of thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So the answer was "the sun" right

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish the Disney Infinity brand had just abandoned the game and exclusively done figures because I loved the figures and I'm forever sad we're not getting a decent Maui and Moana figure anymore :(

I have a Sorcerer's Apprentice Micky, Vanellope and Wreck-it Ralph DI figures and they are such good quality little figures, I never played the games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

littleorv posted:

Early reports were that he was a pedophile rapist who was cheating on his wife

This is literally the only place I saw the "reports of him being a pedophile rapist" stuff come up+

FirstAidKite posted:

You can still like the content someone creates even if you don't like the person, thankfully

It depends on how far you're willing to let the whole "separate the art from the artist" go. Everyone's limit on that is gonna be different. See: Jontron

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

#NoManSkyLeaks

Procedural procdeural pocdurudlra puclakdhlklg procbiulzurlal

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's less that his apology is or isn't genuine (I have no reason to assume it isn't) but more that his apology misses the point

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

What's so great about Johnny Gat

Nothing. He was the worst part of SR4.

The best part of Gat out of Hell was when I got to play as Kinsie instead

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Oh look the residential Gat hater.

Boo your bad opinions. Boo.

Gat rhymes with rat. Which uhhh he's dumb like a... dumb rat. All in the sewers eating poop or whatever

:smugbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey uhh

I don't know if any of you live in Charlottesville, Virginia, but if you do then I hope you and your family and friends and loved ones are safe.

Hey don't be mean to the nazis, they uhh have feelings or something too!

https://twitter.com/totalbiscuit/status/896418785472770048

:geno:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't wait for the next Wolfenstein game where BJ has a nice calm conversation with the Nazis so that they stop being bad and he also kisses each one on the forhead

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i feel like i bring this up anytime mentions totalbiscuit but the only interaction i've ever had with the guy is when he compared a reddit forum getting shut down the the napalming of vietnamese villages

It's frustrating because I wouldn't even pay TB any attention if it wasn't for the fact that he's pretty intertwined with two youtubers I really like (Jesse Cox and Dodger). I pretty much only watch the Co-Optional Podcast from his channel now, and that's far more because of Jesse and Dodger than him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

closest i can get is this: https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/169110935515054080 so at this point is i'm pretty sure he must've deleted the tweets because i don't think i would've reacted the same way to "burn down wikipedia and google"

https://twitter.com/TheSoftestBull/status/169114546764648449
https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/169114775320662016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's a good game for killing Nazis that isn't Wolfenstein or a FPS?

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

precision posted:

Mario Run is fuckin' great.

I love Mario run and it's the closest I'm probably ever gonna get to a real DKC mine cart game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can one of you guys go ahead and beat Undertale on the PS4 for me so I can see how they handle the thing near the end on console please and thank you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The original good boy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yeah wow what the gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So from what I can tell Tacoma looks right up my alley walking simulator wise, is there anyone that can weigh in on Observer? That also looks pretty neat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hello everyone. I got a Nintendo Switch :toot:. Now I just have to not die between now and when I get out of work then HELLO SONIC MANIA :toot: :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What game should I get next for the Switch? I can't buy them all at once, so should I go for Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, or Mario XCOM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't know if this will be a controversial thing to say, but bring back the Chao garden!

:yeah:

• Locked thread