Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:siren: A new flash deal has been announced. Midnight Snack!:siren:
I have no idea how to classify a midnight snack, so if you can convince me it is a thing you would eat in the late hours of the night, early hours of the morning, you will get credit for it. It will have to be more than just opening a bag of chips, but pouring milk over cereal is probably just enough to count.

A Midnight Snack is worth 10 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whoever roleblocked me has tampered with the most beautiful insane amazing mason overmind creation Grandi came up with to humor my insanity, and I am going to make sure you die slowly and painfully for delaying my glorious fun

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I opened up the day a little early, we still are accepting desserts for another hour and 15 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think this just technically gets past the line but here's a ""dessert"

Cut a doughnut

Take some apples, slice 'em, throw 'em in with some maple syrup for about 10 mins

After about 10 mins throw the apples in a pan on low for like 2 minutes (maybe not idk I think I undercooked them for fear of overcooking them)

Spread peanut butter on doughnuts, place apples along

Actually tasted pretty good all things considered

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:ghost: Woooowwww rruuudddeee

Anyways Opop's Vincent Price's Steak Diane, my favourite non-grill way to make steak

Start with some good quality sirloin

Cook those up in a lot of butter, pull them when ready. Add more butter and fry up your shallots, then add Worcestershire sauce and a good brandy, I'm lucky enough to have a good distillery in town but store bought will do

FLAMBE!

And you have your sauce.

For sides I always say you can't go wrong with a starch and a veggie. I've been branching out on my starches but this one just begs for roasted Potatoes, kicked up with the Za'atar I got for Christmas

And then good old aspargus with some lemon pepper.

And you're ready to enjoy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Okay who scum. Spill the beans.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also what dastardly villain would kill Opop on night 1. smh

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I thought game started again at 10 :argh:. I find it weird that someone strongly implying they wanted to make a mason was (possibly) role blocked. That’s the least troublesome* action?

(* yes fine, we all know I love masons for sharing pet pics :v:)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GenericGirlName posted:

I thought game started again at 10 :argh:. I find it weird that someone strongly implying they wanted to make a mason was (possibly) role blocked. That’s the least troublesome* action?

(* yes fine, we all know I love masons for sharing pet pics :v:)

you should probably make at least some kind of mafia call at some point too, though I have a townie ish read on you right now

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Damnnn, ghostpops steak looks good.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Sandwolf posted:

you should probably make at least some kind of mafia call at some point too, though I have a townie ish read on you right now

While I appreciate the help, I feel like this post is just trying to make me look scummy by way of you “helping me” :/ hmm. Also I don’t got no cases because there’s nothing leaping out at me, though I will be posting a good very soon.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

While I appreciate the help, I feel like this post is just trying to make me look scummy by way of you “helping me” :/ hmm. Also I don’t got no cases because there’s nothing leaping out at me, though I will be posting a good very soon.

I meant “food” not “good” but due to technical problems you’ll all see the midnight snack post tomorrow because awful app deleted it because of the Imgur situation.

Sigh.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

A midnight snack. Or any time.

Wait where is my image? I did this yesterday. There are supposed to be...

Well it wasn't much of a snack. In one bowl, roasted salted peanuts in the shell. in the other bowl, some empty shells.

Cracking peanuts is way harder than pouring milk over cereal, right?

Okay, just saw someting about the imgur situation. Hold that thought.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Did it work this time?
Preview: Yes!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Also these are good:

No effort.

Note how the package says "Image enlarged to show detail." This was a lie. The actual donettes were possibly even a little bigger than the image.

And also, LOL at the detail.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

And once again no image appears.

Spammin' the thread with fail.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok as I sit down to catch up on this game, I need a snack to go with it. My favourite thing to munch on at night is to just stick some random condiments and snacky stuff in a tortilla or on top of bread.

I was recently thinking about fairy bread, so I decided to make a spicy instead of sweet version. The anti-fairy-bread. Goblin bread??

First I spread the bread with margarine, just like you'd do for fairy bread, but then I also spread on some chili sauce. My favourite everyday chili sauce is Cholula.

Then instead of covering the buttery surface with a shitton of sprinkles, I covered it with a shitton of jalapeno slices.

I loving adore jalapenos and could prolly just keep eating more of these till I finished the whole jar honestly.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Anything interesting happen to anyone last night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man I've been scouring the thread to identify the five or six possible posts with any game content before the deadline rush and see if anything can be read from them but it was all putting me to sleep till this post

Sandwolf posted:

I’ve talked myself into it! ##vote Ref

that phrase is like nearly too scummy to be scum

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##vote CapitalistPig
I don't like "I agree" post/votes. Suspicious. Grasping.

And this bugged me even more, a simple agreement sounds kinda like CPig's style and not nearly as scummy as Sandwolf hanging a big lampshade over his talking himself into the case.

lookin at Sanwolf Clue and Obama rn

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have the ingredients for that fettucine, it's happening tonight. In the meantime, I guess I should play some mafia.

I think Hal knew Ref was town:

Hal Insandenza posted:

And yes, time for serious mafia.

Not much to go on yet, I feel like merk voting me there is typical merk play, will think about the scientastic-referee interactions

Hal Insandenza posted:

##vote GGN has not cooked

Hal Insandenza posted:

That seems like standard pig moves to me. We will know if he’s scum when he starts hoarding spice point to unleash vigs at a crucial point

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah I’m around, what do you have besides a sorta weak hop onto the referee case?

I looked back and I really think he’s ok, not super townie but the case on him is kinda meh (but it is D1 to be fair)

Hal Insandenza posted:

If nothing else at least he’s been an active poster

Hal Insandenza posted:

I will of course vote Ref to avoid the NL though since this is still mafia and all

But IA is worse:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Hmm, I only submitted my flavor last night and haven't actually put the recipe in. It is a little self-conscious but I feel like I felt the same way regarding actually posting in this thread.

Sharing my gruel and peasant delights? Mortifying.

In any case, you seem a bit "performative" with the callout on Hal/merk earlier and your assessment of Ref now.

I do like that you are trying to get the mafia engine revving though.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Some quick unwarranted alignment calls based on what little mafia interaction there is.

Ref/sci - I dont feel like both of these players are town but I'm on the fence about both of them and have no strong opinions either way.

I just ~feel~ that these two probably dont share an alignment from the interactions.

Bif - town feel
Hal - town feel more or less
Merk - null, but curious with that earlier Hal callout.
Sand - null-leaning scum with that defense of scientastic, but I'm finding that I often misread sand in-game

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont like that pig move either, but my gut meta says that's a standard pig play with familiar.

Too early to tell, but at this point I'm almost interested in the ref flip for analysis.

Buttttt I'd also vote sand I just feel like I might be misreading them again.

I missed this at the time, and I shouldn't have: IA is clearly trying to set me up here. He knew Ref was town, and is pushing the idea early that if one of us is town, the other must be scum.

##Vote Idle Amalgam

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Man bif always be shading me as scum.

I have this weird feeling that it’s scientastic but I can’t really explain why.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Just looking at the final vote count IA didn’t bother voting anyone yesterday and clue dropped that lame vote on CPig then just ignored the whole ref thing completely. Not liking it at all

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also I’d like everyone to know that the following people definitely didn’t kill RF: merk, sandwolf, CPig. Obviously doesn’t completely clear them but I’ll be mainly looking elsewhere today

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Merk in particular i think is most probably town as he was shading sandwolf in thread then targeted him last night. Shows consistency of thought. CPig also targeted sandwolf with something but I could only really see shade being thrown the other way in their in thread interactions so I’d be interested in hearing why CPig picked sandwolf

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am town. Thanks for noticing.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I had the best midnight snack. Leftover birthday cake...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I actually had the best midnight snack: ten hours of sleep with a baby in the house being quiet.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

merk posted:

I actually had the best midnight snack: ten hours of sleep with a baby in the house being quiet.

Give merk the points

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Scientastic posted:

I had the best midnight snack. Leftover birthday cake...

What was the cake originally because it looks a little far out lol

Also I didnt know ref was town, not was i trying to set you up, I'm just more familiar with refs meta than yours, and my posts are flawless. They should be studied for decades, no, centuries, to come.

IDLE AMALGAM, LORD OF THE SHITPOST

In any case... my midnight snack was peanut butter smeared on a single piece of bread but i was too tired to take a pic lol. Maybe tonight.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Nor was I*

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I also know squat about anything or mafia. Sci coming in to hang me up does seem like damage control for leading a push on ref.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Shiiieeett, I'll get it out of the way. I said I felt you two were opposing alignments. Call it an omgus if you want.

##vote science

Now there is a chance that science is just a bit cocksure about things and is town, but it's unlikely imo.

Granted it is early in the day and as it gets closer to deadline, scummier absentees or tag on bandwagoneers will show themselves , I'm sure of it.

Anyhow, I'm drinking some coffee. Ate a jalapeno kolache. Downed some vitamins for meat maintenance, let's effin' go.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I'll be making this tonight with a merk twist that everyone will hate.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I plan all my meals on a weekly basis so going to have to wait until the weekend to try these out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can’t understate this: Sci what was that cake originally

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Merk in particular i think is most probably town as he was shading sandwolf in thread then targeted him last night. Shows consistency of thought. CPig also targeted sandwolf with something but I could only really see shade being thrown the other way in their in thread interactions so I’d be interested in hearing why CPig picked sandwolf

This is a pretty townie way of thinking, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree, but I’m not sold on CPig as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Now there is a chance that science is just a bit cocksure about things

Lol

Sandwolf posted:

This is a pretty townie way of thinking, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree, but I’m not sold on CPig as town.

Ooh anything in particular you find suspicious

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's true, I did indeed target sandwolf to add him to my cult.

Who wants to be culted?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: that’s a How to Train Your Dragon 3 cake you childless philistines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics