Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

US Berder Patrol posted:

The building's owner has received a citation with a fine of $300, plus $95 in court fees

The system works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Turtledove has been pretty angry online against conservatives for years. His twitter is fun and its nice to see old white sci-fi author turn out like that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

drat

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1666094092798038022?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah here in RI the light today was this crazy orange. Pretty but kind of creepy

That Works fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 7, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

gently caress Christie and all but its good to see this get dragged back into the open.

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1666254810897588224

tl;dr Kushner and Ivanka got $2b of Saudi money right after they left the WH. Christie would know having put Kushners dad in jail.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

People weren't taking this serious yesterday, and today its slightly better so far so they think it'll die off tomorrow. Idk about that. I do know that it scares me how many people weren't wearing even cloth or surgical masks yesterday.

Yeah well

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/fox-news-host-jeanine-pirro-calls-it-insanity-wear-mask-protect-yourself-wildfire-smoke

quote:

While Americans choke on the smoke, the far left smells an opportunity. AOC thinks this is a great time to push her Green New Deal. She says that we must, quote, "Adapt our food systems, energy grids, infrastructure, and healthcare to prepare for what's to come." Other Democrats are pumping up climate hysteria and bringing back, you guessed it, mask insanity.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Still insane to me how Warner Brothers still decided to release The Flash even after it came out that its star, Ezra Miller, is a total piece of poo poo and a grooming predator. I do wonder what’s going to happen to Jonathan Major’s career as well.

Seems like a lot of male celebs are just straight garbage people. Except for Keanu, of course.

And Johnny Knoxville apparently as i learned from this thread

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

So Churches as in denominations, not actual churches or parishes

Yes. Also because individuals who are suspected or caught by the church just get moved to a new church and get a fresh batch of kids.

E: just remembered the last scene of Spotlight listing the victims and it just cold rolls downscreen in silence for a long rear end time

Sorry it was places of documented abuse. See 2:40 onwards

https://youtu.be/NAG22IEMek0

That Works fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 13, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

God drat that movie was good.

Saw the clip and thought to myself "Why didn't I rewatch that again?" before my brain basically went :smith:

Yeah its sad.

If you haven't watched it deffo check out Dopesick, similar sadbrains though but Michael Keaton is at the top of his loving game with Kaitlyn Dever. Really good miniseries, everything was very well done.

e: its about The Sacklers / Oxycontin and the US Attorneys that built the case against them.

That Works fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 13, 2023

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I was on the “gently caress CNN” bandwagon since about 2012 or so tbh

E: I think that’s about the time the website started to lean really hard into being Clickbait trash

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

It's been nonstop poo poo for all 18 years they've kept Wolf Blitzer around after "These people are so poor, and so black..."

Lmao yeah thats when I started to think they were poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

always projection etc

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1669087320111472641

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Fivemarks posted:

It's America. People like Krusinki think the murder was okay because homeless people,e specially black homeless people who are mentally ill, are less than human and that killing them is a net good.

While I don't agree with Krusinski in the slightest here this is a pretty uncharitable reading that makes a lot of accusations without any substance.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ah is this how they’re going to just delete Harris co votes out of existence?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mustang posted:

I was just in South Africa in March for two weeks for a grad school program and it was very obvious the country does not have a functional government.

Did it feel like the US then or

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That's a hell of a thread.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

I like how the article talks about whether or not Consent Decrees work and is completely silent on the NOPD consent decree. (spoilers: abject failure)

It reminds me of the instant pot bankruptcy. The New York Times and the Atlantic have both run stories on it and neither mentioned that investors loaned the company about 500 million and then pay themselves 250 million in bonuses leveraging them with even more debt.

It’s a bit annoying when multiple media outlets, cover some thing and leave out basic fundamental parts of the story .

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

In the US the local governments have already bribed the police for you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Discussion Quorum posted:

Supposedly the sub will automatically drop its ballast after 24 hours. The follow up question to that would be if something has gone wrong and the pilot is still conscious, why was it not done immediately? Or was it, but the sub is entangled or the ballast didn't drop cleanly? I guess in a best case scenario the thing will bob up sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning and someone aboard can answer that question.

The article above makes a big deal out of this particular sub's ballast being surplus steel pipes or whatever. They obviously fit the requirement of being heavy but I wonder if they did test drops with the sub in odd attitudes, like, I dunno, maybe if it was tangled on a wreck?

IIRC the Trieste used iron balls held up by an electromagnet. If the sub lost power, the magnet would switch off and the balls would drop. Out of the sub. Stop being juvenile.

Sounds like somebody's balls didn't drop

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

imagine if they were using nintendo joycons; then they'd be drifting at sea :haw:

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/Yoppchop/status/1670871111163060225?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/Pogue/status/1670835763536183297?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Arrath posted:

I feel like I need to pop in my Venture Brothers DVD and get some applicable screen caps from Ghosts of the Sargasso

Lol drat yeah that fits

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MrMojok posted:

Is it bad to laugh at this?

Because I can’t seem to stop laughing at the idea of going down 12,000 feet in a jury-rigged vessel run by what sounds like an ad-hoc, sort of improvising fly-by-night operation and just assuming that everything is going to turn out A-OK.

Unlike the sub design, it's complicated.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Andrew Tate: moves to Romania because they don't investigate human trafficking and rape there
Romania: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65959097

:unsmith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The old reverse instant pot

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Died with submarine not of submarine

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We all died in a cheap-rear end submarine.

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1671204883830124564

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/radiogagaFL/status/1671294222475902977?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, at some point, I just cannot believe any more details coming out of this story.

Same it’s just ridiculous

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

XCOM doesn't exist.

:nsa:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

If I got this kind of headline approved I'd just knock off early for the day and go out for beers.

https://lufkindailynews.com/news/community/spare-relationship-causes-awkward-split/article_fb8f6ae4-0fbc-11ee-8ecf-ff57d9685d28.html

quote:

Spare relationship causes awkward split

SFA assistant bowling coach out after affair with athlete

By NATHAN HAGUE/The Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I accidentally read this so now you have to.

https://twitter.com/JoeyMannarinoUS/status/1671859916913385473?s=20

If I get sixer'd I understand.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Not that it really matters, but the Woke CEO donated to a bunch of Republicans, though tiny numbers for a rich gently caress:
*removed*

uhhh nice link you got there

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

YOU DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING

(thanks) :v:

;)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

So the current brainworms take is that the Navy knew the Titan sub imploded (due to some story of the USN mentioning that they heard some stuff consistent with it on sonar somewhere). But, the ((media)) in coordination with the Navy held onto the info until the Hunter Biden news broke so they could use this story as a distraction.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Is this on top of "they were killed by wokeness" because the idiot CEO said he doesn't hire 50 year old white guy engineers because he "can't inspire" them.

Yeah its a separate pile of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sweet death panels except its administrators trying to juke their numbers

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1672454665907183617?s=20