Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The poo poo post tag is really upsetting, please stop ruining my new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Algund Eenboom posted:

This is my first thread. PLEASE BE KIND!!!, and envision a good thread tag in its place (like the classic "NBA" tag). Thank you

Tough break pal, the street toughs around here will beat you up until a mod has mercy and changes it. Just the way it is on our little council estate

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I'm cracking up at everyone making the joke that she's cheated on him more times than he's made a three

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

His ashes will be put in a basketball urn

David Stern was enveloped in the cold embrace of death but he will always be remembered via Basketball Urn

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Tacko wtf

Celtics fans are real ones

Also real idiots for robbing votes from the good players on the team but hey

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I think he has to. He's arguably playing as well or better than any other guard in the East. Kemba has .9 more winshares and a higher PER but some of that might just be the result of 7 more games played.

Kemba's got a higher WS/48 as well though. Either is a fine choice for the starting lineup imo, they're both balling out. Kyrie is the real dweeb choice here cuz he's played a total of 11 games and his team was awful while he was playing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Anyway, put Kyle and Kemba in the backcourt and stream a second game on twitch for all the 13 year olds voting Trae and Kyrie in.

Hey that sounds good to me. Kyrie would be 15 pounds overweight and lumbering up and down the court like he just smoked a pack of pall malls

Lockback posted:

??

He's a high scoring, high assisting guard who is efficient and produces a lot. He's pretty good. Jabari Parker is the 2nd best guy on his team so I don't really know how many wins a player like him should get you when he's pretty much completely by himself.

But yeah, I have no problem with him getting decent amount of votes. East Guard lineup is not deep.

Excuse me. JOHN COLLINS is way better than Jabari Parker!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Maybe, but I'm not sure how much help he's been this season since he's mostly been in a suit behind the bench.

Nobody on that team has been much help considering they've won like 2 games. And now they will roast the Celtics tomorrow night to smite me

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MelancholyMark posted:

The actual game is whatever but getting voted in does matter for contract incentives and dumb legacy poo poo so it is pretty dumb if Tacko gets in over a real player

Its just the fan vote man Tacko isn't making it anywhere near the ASG

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

a new study bible! posted:

Last night I was in bed, and I started thinking about an Al Horford for Gordon Hayward trade. I was trying to decide if it made sense but then I fell asleep.

No thanks, Gordon is good again. You can keep that big ol' contract!!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

a new study bible! posted:

Isn't Gordo's contract equally massive?

What's hard to follow here, one is playing like they're worth the contract and one definitely is not

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Free ben Simmons

What, you mean on the sidewalk like an old chair

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1213297978401792001

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

trying to figure out who was the last good/great player who was useless from the perimeter but also did not get to the FT line at a high level (<6 FTA)?

e: just going through all NBA teams the first player who fits both parameters is Al Jefferson.

I will keep a running list of other players who qualify:
David Lee
Andrew Bogut
Carlos Boozer
Ben Wallace
Dikembe (altho he was consistently hovering above 5FTA)
John Stockton (98/99 only took 1 3 per game)
Anthony Mason

Z-Bo only took 4 fta per game over his career

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

for this quick comparison i was just looking at guys who took a few 3s per game. Obviously as I go further back it falls apart a bit (as Stockton was clearly a perimeter player who just didn't take many 3s) but I was just trying to see if we've ever had a player who managed to make an all-nba team who did neither of those things well, and it seems we have in the form of an all-world defensive center or a 90s power forward.

In his only all-star year, Dragic averaged more 3pa than FTA, that's a cool one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Evan Turner remains the funniest guy in the NBA

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1213239245122473985?s=19

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

I was thinking about this the other day but remember when Danny Ainge almost gave up the Nets picks for Frank Kaminsky

Tae posted:

Wasn't the pick supposed to for Justice Winslow, but then the Hornets picked frank

Yes, Danny never wanted Frank Kaminsky lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

only jordan wanting big beef frank prevented ainge from cashing in all of his ASSETS for justise winslow though, which is pretty funny

The people who are most eager to believe that one are also the people who complain about the Celtics leaking false stuff so you can't have it both ways

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Both very reasonable opinions imho

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

"drat we gotta get john henson the ball" -john henson

"drat we gotta get john henson at the mall" - mke cops

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

VanVleet should be an all star change my mind

He's not shooting very well. There I did it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

colachute posted:

Is Sexton real bad or is my dude K. Love just being a big crybaby?

He's not great but he's also being forced to do poo poo that he shouldn't be forced to do

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This was a cool dunk https://streamable.com/lx9e4

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Maybe the Sixers could trade Horford for Dragic+ or something

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I'm surprised to see Jokic on that list since it FEELS like he's a good midranger shooter. Davis just takes those because if he hits a couple defenses will generally defend him on the perimeter which gives him a lot of space to operate.

Jokic's underrated as h ell post game is his deadliest scoring asset and he's historically been pretty good from midrange, although that's in a slump this season. His 3 pt shooting has tanked these last couple of years though but that's whatever with a bunch of shooters around him

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm usually with you metapod but "Russ is the reason harden is playing so well" is a wild one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

One summer I'll sit down learn how to make those cool looking graphs and graphics then make the russ effect book then people will understand

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Everyone shut up right now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

quote:

Rui Hachimura says he may wear a cup: "I'm thinking like something, wearing [a cup]. Like in football, everybody wears [a cup]. I think in basketball, we need to start wearing that type of stuff, too."

This dudes cock got completely loving obliterated

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Now youve done it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If there's anything I've learned over the last few years it's that Marc Stein is a fuckin idiot and he's wrong all the time

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

In the opening weeks it was odd when a plethora of articles came out touting the 2020 Mavericks as the greatest offense of all-time when they'd played fewer than ten games. That's barely any at all.

People have said that in this very thread as recently as like 3 days ago

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
NMS that poo poo mate

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You the best

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Lol that reminds me of when the Chicago trainer had some player lock their knees when doing the the squat press machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeTLWEOW7_Q&t=16s

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean it’s not as bad as the loving suns who have hit on and kept maybe three draft picks in 10 years

Then the Suns should model themselves after the Mavs and hit on more people imo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

one day i’m gonna stop setting you up for these monstrous dunks

No we'll be Stockton and Malone forever

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I don't think an average DRTG is enough evidence to call a guy fine/good at defense, it's a team stat

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

DRTG for a player isn't a team stat, it's a way of assigning points on an individual looking at a bunch of box score stuff. Player DRTG and team DRTG are different (though somewhat related) stats.

However, DRTG is pretty bad for a couple of reasons and not a good way of measuring defense, in addition to trying to compare a big like Kuzma and a guard/wing like KCP.

I think Kuzma will look better on a different team too, but if he can't look decent playing as a 5th option/bench guy I don't really know what all he'll be in this league.

Thank you for clearing it up, they need to come up with better/more delineated names for this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Show him where he really belongs with this year's stats... Underneath Dennis Shrooder and Donte's Inferno baby

Lockback posted:

Reverse Ewing Theory in play, I'm pretty excited.

This should be fun or entertaining either way it unfolds

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 8, 2020