Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Restrictive Diet Mafia, an 11 player food based game, is now taking signups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Tournament of Heroes, a closed set-up game for 17 players, is now accepting signups!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
May I present Absurdly Vanilla Mafia, an absurdly vanilla game for 14 absurdly vanilla people.

This would be an easy game to get into for new players! And for the more experienced players, this is not a trick! It's just a hella vanilla game of mafia!

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 16, 2015

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
To counterbalance BK's game:

This is Complete Bullshit is now open for signups. This is a closed set up game for 21 players, with quite a bit going on, to be discovered as play goes on. It should be a good time for all! If you want to play a game that's a little different, check it out.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The second hand was ticking, ticking, ticking... louder than you thought possible. You glance down at your watch - 11:58am - counting down those precious moments until at last you receive an hour of reprieve. As the seconds go by, each taking exponentially longer than the last, you make a startling realization: you forgot your lunch. I guess it's time to wander over to the kitchen to see what may lie in store...

Lunchtime at the Office, a game for 16 players, is now open for sign ups!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
I am a player in Italy showing some Auspol posters how to play mafia on Italian forums. This is an open invitation but no lurking please.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732223

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Chrononauts A time adventure is now recruiting!

A Mafialike card game for 17 players!

Zip through time!

Collect historic artifacts!

Change history to benefit yourself!

Stop the agents of chaos from unravelling the universe!

Join the time cops today!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Still looking for more please join my game I promise it is fun

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732223

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CYOR Adorable Baby Animal Mafia is now taking signups

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

Meanwhile, servants and family are requested to help solve Lady Clarent's Calamity. The game is now open and looking for signups.

The Calamity has ended: Lady Clarent stands alone over the bones of her enemies, indomitable and unbroken. Congrats to the winner(s)!

Meanwhile, some poor sap discovered the Pearl of Port Lourde. Will you be witness to the diresome happenings which may prey upon those poor men?

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 5, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
A reminder that CARNEVALE MAFIA is still open and looking for players up for a challenge.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Legend of the Hidden Belt, a WWF themed Tmeple game, now up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

XCOM: Enemy Within, a role heavy game for 13, now open

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Australian Fauna Mafia Open for recruiting

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Because gently caress it, why not? It's not like I'm actually getting any of my grinding to infamy 25 done.

13 players, role madness, GOOD TIMES.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Signups for Left 4 Dead mafia, a role madness game for 16 players, are now open.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flavor Pending

Conversion Mafia is a closed setup Role Madness for 20-players. Alignment Conversion is the theme. Since everyone coming into the game knows that, your success will depend on your ability to adapt to changing circumstances.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 29, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

XCOM: Enemy Within II - Base Defense, another role-heavy game for 13, is now open.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Game of Mafia, a good old fashion normal game for 12 players.

I mean that literally. I know it sounds sarcastic but it's not.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

They say patience is a virtue, but out here it's more of a necessity. There's so little out here that you have to have your values. The world is full of tricksters and conmen, but luckily for us they tended to the cities. All we needed out here was our blue sky, our bibles and our work clothes. They say it's honest work, but honest is just a nicer way to say backbreaking. The sun never sets for long.

Wild West Mafia, a game for 17 players, is recruiting.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

XCOM: Enemy Within II - Base Defense, another role-heavy game for 13, is now open.

2 or 3 spots left!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can't we all just get along?

An Open sized game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

Meanwhile, some poor sap discovered the Pearl of Port Lourde. Will you be witness to the diresome happenings which may prey upon those poor men?

The Pearl has been acquired by the Port Lourde Chamber of Commerce (scum victory). Congrats to the winner(s).

Meanwhile, anarchy and jailbreak has led to A Charnel in Charnaz. Will you help fight the chaos and return the land to peace? Newer players super encouraged to sign up!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Planescape Mafia, a closed setup game for 16 players, is now open for signups!

It's is not complete bullshit!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

Mad Max: Fury Road, a role-moderate closed setup for 16 players is also open. We currently need four more players, but there's a fair amount of newbies so I won't be surprised if we end up needing replacements.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

NFL Bloodbowl!

Not exactly mafia, but a card elimination game where you kill other peoples players each night and try to be the last one standing. Even lurkers can't mess this up, all you have to really do is send in night actions when required. Join for a good time!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Neighbor Mafia
is a game for 13-players. Neighbors are just like Unconfirmed Masons. There will be multiple neighborhoods and all players will be in a neighborhood. Power roles are light this game compared to my typical Role Madness games.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
thing for cool people to play in

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello!

:siren: If you are a mafia player who is subscribed to this thread but NOT to the current Discussion Thread, please PM me to let me know you exist! :siren:

This is NOT a signup request so it requires no commitment other than typing "I exist" and pressing Send. I will not respond to your PM in any way other than "Thanks!"

Thank you for your time and god bless!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

EccoRaven posted:

Hello!

:siren: If you are a mafia player who is subscribed to this thread but NOT to the current Discussion Thread, please PM me to let me know you exist! :siren:

This is NOT a signup request so it requires no commitment other than typing "I exist" and pressing Send. I will not respond to your PM in any way other than "Thanks!"

What's the difference?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Hello!

I am subscribed to both, however there are many times when I just go to the latest post in the discussion thread and skip over several hundred posts so this thread is nice as a centralized place to see if there are games taking signups.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello! please remember that this is the new game announcement thread and not the discussion thread, so please PM me your questions and comments to keep this thread from getting cluttered. thanks!

though upon reflection if you are in Grandi's situation, PM me too, your existence is important to note as well.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 22, 2015

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Emoji Mafia, an F11 game is now taking signups. Priority will be given to new players, but others are welcome as well.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
A Murder Mystery Game: The Death of Cecilia

Some spots left, not mafia really but will have elements and will be a different experience for every player.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hey! This thread had a great run, it's somehow over 7 years old! It has announced many games, legendary, forgettable, loved, hated, etc.

But now is time for a change, and we have pivoted the focus of the New Game Announcement Thread to be an on-topic sandbox thread devoted to discussion of mafia, helping prospective mods balance their games, and discussing previous setups, hypothetical mechanics, game theory, etc. It should service new players and experienced ones alike!

So, whether you want to talk about mafia or just want to post your new game, here it is: The Mafia New Game Sandbox & Announcement Thread. Enjoy!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Let's try SLACK! This is a new experimental Mafia game experience and I need 13 brave volunteers. Rather than being played on the forum, this game instead will play out over the team communication platform Slack. There can be multiple communication and discussion channels, emoji reactions to posts, automated statistics, indexing of namedrops, searchable text, and who knows what other new ways to play will emerge...

Players should install the Slack app on their mobile devices, and use the slack page to play. I have no experience with Slack and I have no idea whether it will be awesome or terrible as a platform for Mafia! There's no better way to find out than to just try.

Slack Mafia #1 is a flavorless open-setup Mafia game for 13 players. There will be a Town Cop, a Town Doctor, 8 Vanilla Townies, a Scum Godfather, a Scum Roleblocker, and a Scum Goon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6zVzWU95Sw

Signup thread is here!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BottleKnight posted:

Hey! This thread had a great run, it's somehow over 7 years old! It has announced many games, legendary, forgettable, loved, hated, etc.

But now is time for a change, and we have pivoted the focus of the New Game Announcement Thread to be an on-topic sandbox thread devoted to discussion of mafia, helping prospective mods balance their games, and discussing previous setups, hypothetical mechanics, game theory, etc. It should service new players and experienced ones alike!

So, whether you want to talk about mafia or just want to post your new game, here it is: The Mafia New Game Sandbox & Announcement Thread. Enjoy!

Ignore this guy my thread is still #1!
Woo! Jose is #1! :toot::woop::woop::toot::woop:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Jose Valasquez posted:

Woo! Jose is #1! :toot::woop::woop::toot::woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ecco was uncharacteristically careless and forgot to post his game announcement here so I'll pick up the slack.

EccoRaven posted:

I am announcing a new

:coffeepal: ECCO GAME :coffeepal:

A thread will be made and signups will be taken on Monday of next week. Since it's me it'll probably start sometime Q1 2016.

The theme is "dragons."

It will probably be a big game but it might be a mini stay tuned.

yw, ec.

• Locked thread