Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning.

Max posted:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but what have I done to earn your trust?

its more a vibe than anything, i like your posts and lines of questioning (and that you ask questions). i am keeping in mind i completely misread you in soldiers tho.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Keane engaged with me. I would rather have Kord (who I have a scum read on) lynched than Taste (who I have no read on).

again not how this went down. let reflect.

CCKeane posted:

So somebody needs to tell me a dark secret in order for me to be able to vote, it's in my role PM IDGI either.

The Lord of Hats posted:

When I was a kid, for some reason the idea of drinking milk straight from the gallon was for some reason like... a forbidden temptation? I mean, obviously it's a bad thing to do if you share that with other people, but I don't know why it appealed so much. So I was always tempted, but because I was a good kid, never gave in.

Then, one day, I found an almost-entirely empty gallon out in the garage. I know that makes no sense whatsoever, and to this day I have no goddamn idea why it was possibly there, but it was. And I saw and I knew "This is my chance. It's so little that there won't be any left behind, and it's out here in the garage so nobody will catch me in the act." These were my primary concerns as a kid. They are stupid concerns. So I unscrewed the cap, tossed it back, and almost immediately threw up all over the floor of the garage because of course it was warm and also spoiled.

And that is the story of the Garage Milk.

CCKeane posted:

Please tell me who you would like me to vote for.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Personally, I feel like Kord is scummy, and would like to see him lynched.

That being said, I'd ask that you look at his posts and at Taste's and pick one and at least put us out of this deadlock and not choose just because I suggested it.

I think at that point Somber was sold on Pinterest as scum and was inclined to think that Taste's vote was probably a fellow town vote on scum, likely not scumbussing (especially that early). But if you're going by the angle that Somber and Taste are scumbuddies, I would still much rather you being voting Somber, whose flip will at least give us info, than Taste, whose flip will tell us nothing.

loh comes off scummier in this exchange then keane imo.

pedit: hey 100 years tah. kfc wasn't this waffly by a long stretch in the previous game i played with him when he was town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

He stays on Kord for a while, but after Kord steps up his engagement, switches to Keane, for being around but not contributing (bit of a meta read as well, here). It's a little weird how he says he'd be willing to switch to Taste if he can't convince people to go for Keane, and then doesn't really make a case on Keane--certainly not up to the standards of his Kord case. He then goes back to "Hey, I'd still be willing to vote Kord" before ultimately switching his vote back, although he expresses doubt that it would be able to hammer.

Overall... that last bit is kind of weird, but his reads seem genuine enough that I feel fairly comfortable calling him Town.

My case on Keane was based partly on meta ie irreverent Keane is scum, his non-engaging presence, plus his lame town read on AS. There wasn't much more than that, but between two players I feel as scum, I'd rather go for the one who is being less involved in the whole game.

After that I just got plum tired. I hate my vote going to waste, and I'd felt like poo poo if my vote were the one to hang-up an execution. I would've absolutely voted Taste to avoid that sort of situation even if he wasn't out-and-out scum in my eyes; nor was he in any ways town, definitely leaned more scummy than town at any rate. Not knowing about hammer was just my inability to keep track of who said what is all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Atomic Soda posted:

kfc wasn't this waffly by a long stretch in the previous game i played with him when he was town.

Seriously. Outside of Birdstrike's recommendations he's the one I most want to go back through at this point.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Atomic Soda posted:

pedit: hey 100 years tah. kfc wasn't this waffly by a long stretch in the previous game i played with him when he was town.

Unbelievably it's still ongoing, but as soon as that game ends I'll be more than happy to respond to this, but you probably guess what I have to say.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Unbelievably it's still ongoing, but as soon as that game ends I'll be more than happy to respond to this, but you probably guess what I have to say.

:allears:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Atomic Soda posted:

loh comes off scummier in this exchange then keane imo.

Keane made a dumb joke about not being able to vote unless someone revealed a secret. I responded with a dumb childhood story, because hey, it's a fun story. There wasn't any caveat of "...also I will let you choose who I vote for" there. He then turns the situation into one where I look responsible for whoever he ends up voting. At this point, I was feeling pretty strongly that Kord was the right lynch, and say as much--but I'm understandably nervous about what Keane's doing.

If I was scum, what's my motivation there at all? There isn't anything I possibly get out of it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Keane made a dumb joke about not being able to vote unless someone revealed a secret. I responded with a dumb childhood story, because hey, it's a fun story. There wasn't any caveat of "...also I will let you choose who I vote for" there. He then turns the situation into one where I look responsible for whoever he ends up voting. At this point, I was feeling pretty strongly that Kord was the right lynch, and say as much--but I'm understandably nervous about what Keane's doing.

If I was scum, what's my motivation there at all? There isn't anything I possibly get out of it.

You could play it off just as you are as a gimmicky vote ploy that only an innocent townie would fall for.

That said I believe you because the above is far too convoluted to ever be the case. And that was a good story btw.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Lord of Hats posted:

scum motivation is obvious - get the claimed tracker lynched day one, plus now you have a target for day 2! i don't like how you've been pushing this, saying keane has cornered you when the posts show you happy to engage.

100yrs how do you feel about loh generally?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Outside of a proper in-depth read of their posts I would say good because Hats reminds me a lot of me and of the way I post. Also I'm the sort of chump that is influenced by avatars and theirs is nice enough that it makes me sympathetic. None of these are good reasons, but they haven't stood out enough to make me want to go in-depth like I'm doing with other players.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So while I didn't like Bottles jokes, mainly as they felt like the dragged on too long, I did agree with on Keane. Then Kash shows up. The thing about Kash is that he's easily one of the most prolific players I can think of and he just types up a storm and in doing so overwhelms the field.

Kashuno posted:

Anybody voting kordansk last night is extremely suspicious. Idk why but Keane's vote really sticks out to me. I didn't think he was scum d1 but uggggh his vote bothers me really bad.

I mentioned earlier the idea of scum trying to control the narrative. The above is a good example of that. He sets the pace of the conversation and keeps it going at such a course that it's hard to catch your breath. Kash had a poor vote on Taste, but didn't really fight for it either, merely justifying it in the 11th hour as a way to avoid nailing the tracker. Considering Tastes flip, I can see him not being all that invested in any execution, as even a no-execution would've been just as good for him.

But that's the scummiest thing I can get out of it and I think you gotta squint to make those sort of things on his part seem that bad.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

if pin doesn't have a poisoned battle axe then why won't they simply say so?

I'll admit I read through the whole thread fully once in good detail and my impressions of the somber/pmom spat came out of that reading. What I took out of that was the fact that Pmom was town considering how quickly the votes had come and the little argument against it. Because of this I didn't really explore much of my thoughts on Somber. Though as seen above it's hard to buy into his true "anger" when he's still referencing dongs joke claim.

Somberbrero posted:

if you were town your goal would be to make a case that convinces people so that you could lynch the person you think is scum.

also just want to make it clear that your posting callout was fake and supports a false narrative.

This also seemed out of place since somber's vote just felt OMGUS and he never seemed to actively trying to get people against Pmom. Who didn't Somber call scum on D1, where a lot of his interaction with people went from cordial to hostile if people stepped on his toes to friendly at the drop of pin?

The two most notable things is somber's tunneling on Pmom. I still found it pretty suspicious that Pmom was so close to being voted off, were Pmom scum that wouldn't have been so simple. Also somber was against either popular candidate last night. In Kord's case he states first that he finds kord awkward town and then would rather not vote a power role like that, fair points, but he then just straight up says that Taste is Town with no qualifiers. Considering what we now know it feels like he's trying to shy away from mis-guided executions.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't think this thread understands, when I control Hats secret...I control their soul.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KFC is definitely behind the scenes on D1, showing up when appropriate but staying out of any hard calls, so as to avoid attention. I think I heard this called 'content lurking' because that's what it feels like. Posts for the sake of attending class. He spends a long time debating whether to vote Kord or Pmom and just kinda staying far away enough from actually putting down a vote. And yet he's persuaded to vote Kord after all this waffling. Note this is after my case so he doesn't have to come up with his own work.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

this deadline push for taste is seriously hosed up. if we hit scum with it, it's purely loving chance, if it's town the day is basically wasted. Kord's been discussed/engaged and then you know we can at least have stuff to reread. can we not do the dumb thing? I'd really love it if we could not do the dumb thing.

This is the clincher. He just admits that he wants an info dump. Whether or not Kord is the tracker isn't the point. That indifference doesn't read town to me.

I will ##vote somberbrero of the 3, but I no qualms voting KFC.

I'm getting ready for bed. I've got maybe 20 minutes to field any last minute questions.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

scum motivation is obvious - get the claimed tracker lynched day one, plus now you have a target for day 2! i don't like how you've been pushing this, saying keane has cornered you when the posts show you happy to engage.

Kord was already tied in the vote with plenty of suspicion. That's not a scenario in which scum go high-profile to guarantee a lynch, when the alternative is lynching a townie anyways. And Keane was already suspicious by dint of asking to be told who to vote, without my further engagement.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Also, Ecco, could you update the OP? It still has D1's votes on it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, Ecco, could you update the OP? It still has D1's votes on it.

how embarrassing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Kord was already tied in the vote with plenty of suspicion. That's not a scenario in which scum go high-profile to guarantee a lynch, when the alternative is lynching a townie anyways. And Keane was already suspicious by dint of asking to be told who to vote, without my further engagement.

Shouldn't have drank the milk, LoH.

Shouldn't have drank the milk.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Shouldn't have drank the milk, LoH.

Shouldn't have drank the milk.

Trust me, I know this better than anyone.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Kashuno (2): dongsbot, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (2): Kashuno, 100Yrs

100YrsofAttitude (1): Birdstrike
The Lord of Hats (1): Grandicap

CCKeane (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
Pinterest Mom (0): Somberbrero, -Somberbrero

:h: 13 alive, 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, September 22nd, ~11PM EDT. That's in a little more than a day!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think focusing on Birdstrike's list is a bit of a trap

The odds of getting no scum from a list of 3 players chosen at random is ~30% if there are 4 scum (42% if there are 3, though I think that's less likely). That means Birdstrike's list doesn't give us (or, at least, those of us who aren't in the three) much extra information about who's scum. The information is going to become more useful down the line, especially if the list starts growing longer with subsequent days, but rn it's not very strong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
How do you feel about about KFC?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
kashuno scum

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Atomic Soda posted:

Okay now that that's over. I was more confident that game because first of all it was significantly lower volume. Second of all, I had you dead to loving rights d1 because of your question about a joke vote and then taking a billion words to deliver mostly null reads.

didn't feel as good about kord, s I did you but it was the best we had and taste felt like bull. I haven't gotten a theory I want to run with this game since so ima eat my loving waffles till I have an idea I feel good about

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Okay now that that's over. I was more confident that game because first of all it was significantly lower volume. Second of all, I had you dead to loving rights d1 because of your question about a joke vote and then taking a billion words to deliver mostly null reads.

didn't feel as good about kord, s I did you but it was the best we had and taste felt like bull. I haven't gotten a theory I want to run with this game since so ima eat my loving waffles till I have an idea I feel good about

you did have me dead to rights i only escaped the first lynch because taste is awesome. babbies first scum game did not go well.

wall of text is not working for anyone but me so i'm going to try not to do that anymore.

i suppose i am confused why known good player, kfc, would think that of two lynches that he didn't feel great about, that lynching the claimed tracker was the go. also curious what you think about loh and somber.

Grandicap posted:

What the hell do you mean uncounterclaimed. Its not like a cop or a doc. Kord could very well be a tracker, in fact, I think it is likely. It is too hard of a claim to fake results for But that has no bearing on whether he is town or scum.

grandi, why is tracker not a town role? you said it seemed likely he was a tracker (rather than scum making it up to excuse night movements/get out of a lynch), but that this was not town indicative. seems dumb to lynch without at least checking results which may have netted us an actual scum.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Atomic Soda posted:

i suppose i am confused why known good player, kfc, would think that of two lynches that he didn't feel great about, that lynching the claimed tracker was the go. also curious what you think about loh and somber.

Um, lemme be clear, cause you're feeding into the narrative that 100yrs is pushing now that I didn't feel good about "either" lynch. I liked my kord read, (just not as much as I liked my read on you in the other game) and as someone who has claimed off lynches, I didn't see the claim as a good enough reason to doubt my read when taste was at best a shot in the dark. I know it doesn't look great on me at this point.

Kashuno posted:

I find Keane's posts today to be weird. Ignores that I am calling him scum and calling his vote weird, and have others who agree, and just goes onto setup spec. Strange indeed.

Partway through my Kashuno reread. The whole push on Keane could be construed as flinging spaghetti but the way he goes about it feels genuine. Like, I'm trying out the read as "high effort scum" and the tone of this post as well as the rest of that interaction just don't feel faked.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i took a pill in ibiza

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
100Yrs was quite the loquacious type which is a good indicator for scum, I'm going to stick for now

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Um, lemme be clear, cause you're feeding into the narrative that 100yrs is pushing now that I didn't feel good about "either" lynch. I liked my kord read, (just not as much as I liked my read on you in the other game) and as someone who has claimed off lynches, I didn't see the claim as a good enough reason to doubt my read when taste was at best a shot in the dark. I know it doesn't look great on me at this point.

hm i agree that on re-read of your posts while you waffled between pmom and kord you were very definite on not liking a taste lynch. i just suppose i find it strange that town players would push a lynch of a claimed town pr on day 1.

the taste nk and then pmom's post about how it looks bad for him are interesting.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So no I'm not comfortable voting Pmom. The only player who I read as scum without a shadow of a doubt was kordansk. So ##vote kordansk. I gotta work for a couple of hours but I'll be back for a while before going to bed and missing deadline.

why was kord scum without a shadow of a doubt? most of the case i saw on him seemed to be based on him questioning pmom while still voting for taste, and then panicking.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We've had some chatty players but no one has really been super pushy about their ideas. Most everyone is keeping to themselves and only answering things when directly prodded. A more vocal player would be trying to encourage people to follow their leads to get something done. Like I said no one has been trying to persuade others to after Pmom outside of half hearted, "vote pmom/pmom's scum" it doesn't feel particularly convincing. Also, since no one is trying in particular to save Pmom I find it hard to believe there's a scum team at his back.

I'll put my case on you together now that I've a bit of time. I just wanted to get my vote in.

i feel that this could also be explained by lurkers or someone not being able to post much for some reason and being replaced.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

to show avicii i was cool

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

So, Hats Cases The Birdstrike Three 2: Electric Boogaloo: Kashuno Edition.

Kashuno subbed in for BK day 1, and quickly got up to speed, with a quick scum read on Somber and then Taste, who he ultimately wound up voting for. The Taste vote seems to start as a meta read, but then points to Taste defending Somber and being "very antagonistic of a really bad scenario ". All he had to say about Kord was after the claim, being against lynching on a uncontested tracker claim. Only other really notable D1 thing is a town read on Keane.

Day two, in light of Keane's vote at the end of D1, Kashuno calls him out on it, and has maintained that suspicion. He's also been questioning the tone and perceived evasiveness of KFC's posts, and has had some argument with Somber about that angle.

Once again, I'm not really seeing anything here, unless someone thinks I missed/glossed over something. The reads seem genuine enough to me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, September 22nd, ~11PM EDT. That's in fewer than 12 hours from this post! Remember if no player has the required votes by deadline, the day will end with no execution.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Lmbo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote kfc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, September 22nd, ~11PM EDT. That's in fewer than 12 hours from this post! Remember if no player has the required votes by deadline, the day will end with no execution.

Don't you mean

LESS than 12 hours smh, smh.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I did not have Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning but I am ready to tackle this all the same.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

I did not have Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning but I am ready to tackle this all the same.

I kind of forgot where we are you should give me a review, which would be helpful for both of us.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

LESS than 12 hours smh, smh.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

And last of the three, we have Somberbrero! I think I actually have stuff to say about this one!

His first post is a bit later in the Jokephase, saying that he found BK suspicious for unexplained reasons (I would later ask about this, and never did receive elaboration before BK subbed out for Kashuno), and myself (for being pushy about wanting to understand the Marco joke, and then for some hedginess in an early analysis of Dongsbot). He then says that he thinks Dongs' vote on Pinterest is good--this is before the Dongs fakeclaim--though I think that's more him speaking to his read on Dongs than his read on Pinterest. Then the Dongsclaim happens, and Somber votes Pinterest. After a couple of jokes about it, he unvotes, expressing suspicion of me (due to my ELABORATE LOGICPOST), before revoting Pinterest, who isn't engaging at this point. I'm mostly going to skip over the rest of the Pinterest/Somber stuff from this point, because I think that's been hashed pretty thoroughly, and I didn't see a ton in it in the first place.

So far I don't think I'd be suspicious if it weren't for the Birdstrike Report. In retrospect I don't like that early post about BK that he never followed up on, and his read on me asking about a joke, but I'm not sure how much weight to give that.

Going from there, he calls AS's giant wall of summary bad and scummy--and I do agree it bears further examination--and a soft defense of Keane. He also briefly touches on BK again, calling his Keane vote suspicious. When Kashuno comes in, Somber tells him that the two scum candidates at the time were Pinterest and Kord, not even mentioning Taste who had votes at the time but who he later said was clearly town, without really providing reasoning. Start of D2, he lays a vote on Pinterest, expressing he'd also be willing to vote Kashuno. Gives retroactive reasoning for why he felt Kord was town (relating to verifiability of trackers). Gets into argument about whether or not tone/being angry is scummy.

I think of the Three Legendary Birds(trike), I like Somberbrero as scum the best. He's very confident about Keane, who I'm personally suspicious of, but the way he cleared Taste without any reasoning, and just kind of had his vote hanging on Pinterest at the end of D1 feels like scum who didn't want to be seen contributing to a hammer of town.

##vote Somberbrero

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I thought lawyers were supposed to be precise with language, I guess engineers really are the best profession again, smh, smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
keane/somber BOOK IT.

• Locked thread