Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like the fact he calculated the MPG of this amalgamation and stated it as a selling point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Rhyno posted:

A guy I know is selling this via FB group

With a car like that in Columbia City, I'm amazed it doesn't have a gun rack and/or a trailer hitch.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That's in great shape given location. Great color as well.

I own a '95 Caprice Wagon as well. Bought it from the original owner with around 80K on the clock. Blue/blue. Have the original window sticker. Sold for 25K.

I'll tell you three things:

1) It has road presence. It's weird and hard to explain, but no one fucks around when they see the behemoth cometh.

2) It literally is a sofa on wheels. Think of those huge Lincolns and Caddys in the 60's and 70's. Floats like a butterfly.

3) It actually gets a lot of comments. Not something you see everyday.

But the best one is...you put it in reverse and it does the "beep beep beep" sound. I lol everytime.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cage posted:

Thats great. However: I just noticed the green carpet. What.

Heh, noticed that after you pointed it out. That is odd. Maybe had a deal for green after grandpa's bowels went loose.

With that said, it isn't worth 3500.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Q_res posted:

To be fair, Fleetwood wagon is kind of a bitchin' idea. He just hosed up the execution a little.

Well and the fact it doesn't have a 302 in it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Because a 302 is actually a 4.9L :goonsay:

That said, all that work and kept the original meh LO5.

edit: the longer Caddy nose does help balance the ridiculous rear end on those wagons a bit.

Yeah, too much booze and too many engine sizes on my brain combined with the Cadillac wording made a mess of what I was thinking. :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

You could add addition rules to limit the selection for each episode. Must have velour seats.

Championship level, must be assembled in the UK.

Bonus points for rich Corinthian leather.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jymmybob posted:

I'm glad this came after finding my 968 otherwise it'd be trouble

drat, that's a good deal. One of the cars on my bucket list I'd like to own one day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KakerMix posted:

This looks great and I want it

Yeah, that does have a bad rear end look about it especially with the choice of wheels. Satan himself would drive the thing and show up in style.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Network42 posted:

The world's sweetest twin engine project?

Would be interesting to see it used in a different application.

An issue with the M275 is not so much mechanical, but do to size constraints of the engine bay the intercooling isn't the greatest. Pulls like a freight train from hell though.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

I was looking at this car, going through the pictures, and something seems off about the interior...

180K on the clock that is awesome mileage and a rebuilt title. Egads.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

To be fair, it's the cheapest W211 I've seen. I'm looking to buy a cheap W210 at some point though, 'cause they're way cheaper due to the rust on every single one of them.

Done your research? There is definitely an AMG tax in regards to maintenance. Especially brakes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KakerMix posted:

I'm not at all impressed with direction this vehicle has taken, it is, in fact, NOT the Flintstones car.

Are you trying to tell us that the original car didn't have LED landscape lighting for headlights?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Amazing thing is we look at some of these cars like the Eagle and think what the hell...but back then when you were a kid you were like "holy poo poo, this is a 4x4 and can go anywhere."

Suburu Brat also comes to mind.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

holy poo poo, imagine daily driving that.

It'd be required to have a monocle.

I thought everyone had a monocle.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

NoWake posted:

Almost $15k in tires, assuming they're still good.

Heh, just what I was thinking. Where to find replacements? Pull it into the Firestone tire center?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

moxieman posted:

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/6172403136.html

A combination I'd never think to put together.

At one point a few months ago I had a Miata and a 95 Caprice wagon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

For personal use the possibilities are endless.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

For those USA based, would driving a school bus converted into a roving Pirate Ship require a Class A or lower such as a Chauffeur's license? Asking for a friend.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jymmybob posted:

I wish I could jump on this but I already have too many :q:

If anyone is seriously interested I can check it out though. https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/6210385106.html

Dumb question since I'm not a Porschephile. How did the Turbo get away with those bumpers and the regular 944 didn't? (I'm going to guess...money/prestige factor.)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm impressed by the crackle finish on the steering wheel.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Always liked the Ferrari ordering process. Sort of like Porsche but to a greater degree. Overwhelmed with options and very rarely do you get something that is agreeable.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You mean American compact cars? Yeah I had a Chevette at one point too and it was hot garbage.

The Japanese cars of the time were infinitely better.

Growing up, my family had two chevettes. A '78 and an '80. My dad drove the '78.

My favorite story with those pieces of junk is my dad dropped his sunglasses and they fell through the floor. He went back to grab them then realized he ran over them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

IROC wheels with white walls. I'm thinking that is factory correct.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eh, Wankels are cool.

I swear GM was going to dump one in the Corvair but only see Vette prototypes. Then the MB C111. Good times. And of course the vacuum hose diagram on a FD.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pham Nuwen posted:

isn't there a diesel engine that runs on gasoline coming from one of the Japanese companies?

Yeah, Mazda is going to do HCCI.

Which reminds me, are there any Infiniti variable compression engines out yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, I'll try to use fratzog in a sentence.

Friend of mine had a '68 Coronet in high school (this was probably back in '90 or so.) One of my favorite cars. And it is cool to see those hubcaps posted, because if I'm not mistaken they match the Bullitt Charger exactly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Figured it would have a horn ring for that era.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

How low-risk would that be? I have that, but it's pretty much all in my 401k.

I wonder how much cash my dad has laying around...

Well even if that amount would fly...there are very stiff penalties withdrawing from your 401k.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

Shut up, Angel on his shoulder. It's the devil's turn now: any penalties would be paid for easily when you sell that jag. The jag that would be yours to drive for a little bit.

You're right. I forget what thread this was. Full steam ahead!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Larrymer posted:

If they would take the lowball, you could get your money back pretty easily.

Almost no situation should you ever draw on your 401k early though.

Hate to be the angel, and haven't read up because it isn't my money...but I think the real trick would be stuffing the money back into 401k as well since that is capped per year.

*Ducks out*

Cool cars, all of them. JFK might not think so.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Got back from the Labor Day weekend auction in my neck of the woods.

Was interesting to see where values were. Granted I and my BIL were looking at a thousand cars so memory will be hazy, but the interesting ones were what they sold at compared to their value so you could compare. Then you start to develop trends in your minds...you know how it works.

There was one car that from a percentage perspective that far exceeded it's estimated value. (If you never done this before, they have a sheet on the windshield on its estimated value. Sold ones get a sold sticker on it stating what it sold for.)

My back of the mind/napkin math was a RX-7 FD. Estimated to be around 25K and sold for 30K. It was dang immaculate. There were no Supras that I spotted.

The unsold lot was filled. Lots of interesting things.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Didn't this have the nikasil issues?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

My god, I had no idea such a beast existed. A manual minivan + awd. I just soiled myself.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Network42 posted:

It could also come with a supercharged engine, but IIRC you couldn't the get 5 speed AWD supercharged trifecta.

Unless someone buys that and swaps it.

Throatwarbler posted:

Jesus christ that is like 5 min away from me. I wish I didn't have my car so I could buy that one.

Now you know your true purpose in life.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

"I can't afford that," I thought to myself. "Well, you could if you sold the house and just lived in that" was my followup thought.

Yeah, but you can live in the thing you just purchased.

edit: Live life a little and post about it on the road.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

Look at this Bugatti!

https://kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/d/bugatti-look-alike-brand-new/6303270231.html

*A lovely hack-job trying to look like a lovely Bugatti that only raced once because it was so terrible BUT BUGATTI

I'd be curious how it would handle 254 MPH. Looks sturdy enough.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Uh, BEHOLD! An entire racing league for sale in one ad!!!!

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/7-geo-metros/6314125725.html

Yeah, a 3 cylinder racing league would be interesting.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Delivery McGee posted:

I've oft considered putting a Triumph engine in a Metro, because the best engine swaps keep the original number of cylinders and have twice the horsepower (in the same vein, a crazy-built Cummins 5.9L in a Hudson Hornet.).

Sounds like you are referring to the Urba Centurion kit car, with the infamous Kubota 3 cylinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Forgot about that one.

Dang near 25 years drove a Chevy Sprint (the predecessor for the Metro).

It was a torquey little bastard. Would take off in in 3rd gear.