Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, the Enzo experiment didn't last long, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

He hasn't helped the ratings.

That'll teach him to not be a Canadian!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

pressedbunny posted:

He may as well have tapped out to a Nickelodeon sliming.

That fuckin' happened.

Professor Funk posted:

I mean I think we're probably getting Lesnar/Balor at Survivor Series, right? So Bray/Finn part loving four has to either end with another Finn victory or them just fighting to a no contest and both looking strong

Basically. So all of this nonsense is just leading to Bray losing again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol I see they went back to Kalisto's old music, too. Smart choice.

Chris James 2 posted:

By the day I'm agreeing more and more with the "anything good WWE does/did is/was either a mistake, fluke, or not their idea at all" belief

The good parts of Bray Wyatt that aren't the guy himself were all Dusty, so, yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Real talk, an Aggro Crag match would be the best match WWE's done in years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

surf rock posted:

Second, the dark match was Dean/Seth versus Cesaro/Sheamus. Before the match started, Seth commandeered Kalisto's armor and ran around the ring doing the lucha chants.

Seth Rollins is

*crunches numbers*

Good.

lmao it's even better than I thought.

https://twitter.com/MikeMifflin11/status/917588329155133441

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 10, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

The most underrated part of Raw was during the Elias match when Cole started telling a story about how Slash from Guns N' Roses said the Elias was the future of music and Graves was absolutely furious.

I haven't been able to figure out if this is just more dumbass Vince commentary or if it's Cole's character loving with Graves' character and it's actually genius.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I find Roman Reigns burying the Young Bucks for being unoriginal the same day the Shield reunites as a vehicle to get him over to be kind of incredible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Roman doesn't book himself and they do though.

So he's jealous? I guess I can see that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman Reigns is fine. It is almost completely impossible for him to have a good match with anybody that's not better than him. The best thing you can say about him is that in all the Raw and PPV carryjobs that have happened in the last two-ish years that have made people think he's better than fine, he held up his end.

I can't see him as anything better than fine when he stunk up the joint in back-to-back Mania main events though. In the "He could carry a broom to a 4 star match" nugget, Roman is the broom.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

The reason romans matches with Braun worked so well was because they were heavily scripted and heavily gimmicked.

Even then, there's still extremely stupid stuff in those matches. Like Roman eating a Powerslam through a table, then like 10 seconds later he's getting up and Spearing Strowman and then he's just in control for the rest of the match. Or in that SummerSlam match that everybody jizzed their pants over, where Strowman spent the entire first 75% of the match murdering everybody, took like two shots of offense the, then was completely out for the last 2 and a half minutes.

Between the SummerSlam and the No Mercy matches, they basically made Strowman's character "Very powerful man who folds like an accordion the second you get some real offense in."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Don't act like Roman wasn't partly to blame for that too. I mean taker def deserves the majority of that but Roman didn't help much to save his rear end. He can't improvise.

If he were really The Guy, he would've done a Scorpion Death Drop at that moment. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mel Mudkiper posted:

literally only 1 wrestler has ever been good at it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

Rhyno only has the gore and his love for spray cheese on crackers left dont take those away from him

Dude they already took the Gore away from him, he hasn't used it since he moved to Raw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

I dont watch main event but I know he's won matches on it, did he not use the gore to win?

I mean I'm not counting Main Event cause who watches Main Event.

The_Rob posted:

Tye is actually very good in ring.

Good post, imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

His matches are very good and experts like Dave Meltzer and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin complement him constantly on how good they are.

Those guys basically rate WWE with training wheels on.

Except Dave can be a real ballbuster on WWE/NXT tag team matches, for whatever reason.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

I cant wait until Roman Reigns wrestles Jinder Mahal and its good and people are forced to praise Jinder's carry job

They did. It was bad and Jinder stiffed the everliving gently caress out of Roman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah I forgot the meme with Dave's ratings wasn't "Not in Tokyo Dome ****3/4", it was "Not in WWE ****3/4"

Yeah, that's basically how it goes. People unironically spout the Dave Loves Japan meme while being blissfully unaware of how charitable he is to the dross WWE trots out. Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal totally deserved 3.5 stars.

The_Rob posted:

Tye will never be a Main eventer to build a company around. But dude is always over, is good in the ring and can lose without it hurting his overness. Give him small title runs every once in a while and he will be a good dude to have for a while.

Y'know like Zack Ryder before they systematically destroyed the guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For some reason I think Raw's gonna keep Fastlane just because I associate Fastlane and Roman so strongly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, streaming isn't a cultural thing in India the same way it is in America. See also, why New Japan World is having trouble in Japan.
Also, Indians may be different from you and me, but they're not loving stupid and can tell the difference between a native Punjabi speaker and a dude from Canada that happens to know the language. They also, weirdly enough, have access to google!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CarlCX posted:

These facts only matter if your objective is to have an actual, sensible international growth strategy, as opposed to Vince saw a super-muscular Indian dude on the roster and assumed India would love him.

But yeah, eventually they'll look at revenue being down and it'll force a change, as it always does. It just has to fall for a loving while first.

Vince doesn't surprise me because Vince can't surprise me, it's whatever accountant they have not loving telling him any of this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They didn't use Neville in the CWC or at the start of the CW Division. He completely reinvented himself, completely changed his look, his mannerisms, his moveset, he rebuilt everything about himself from the ground up, he fuckin' KILLED IT, and they rewarded him by:

- Sticking him on a dead show with no promotion.
- Sticking him in dead angles that the audience could never, ever care about.
- Sticking him on the pre-show of PPVs constantly, in situations where he's clearly not allowed to go all out.
- His reign eventually got broken, but he didn't get to actually put over Tozawa because he just won it back....
- ...only to lose it to ENZO.
- Who then immediately started cutting a bunch of terrible worked shoot promos on the Cruiserweight division, completely burying it and Neville and all the work he's been doing the past year.

Those Enzo promos were basically WWE announcing to the world that the Cruiserweight division under Neville was a total afterthought but now with this gangly gently caress who can't wrestle and gets thrown off buses, it's relevant.

gently caress them, I'd quit too. Go get some of that Indie and Japan gold, PAC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

To be fair I don't think the point of the CWC was to have main roster talent perform in it, that would be like saying it was wrong not to put him in the UK Championship tourney

So you're saying Neville shouldn't have won the CWC and the UK Tourney and the Universal Championship and the Mae Young Classic?

You lost me, dude. :confused:

fart blood posted:

If Neville goes to New Japan, I guarantee he gets a text from Windham Rotunda asking how it is over there.

Doesn't really help him, NJPW doesn't have a women's division.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

loving lmao Jinder literally wasn't on SD.

Solidarity walkout with Neville.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Hey, hey. Breezango's cool."

"Alright, I like Fashion Files too."

I love these teams. :allears:

And y'know, Sami made some good points and he did well with the material because he's a great performer, but I can really, really, really do without the "Being a good guy is loving stupid, thanks for beating me into opening my eyes, Kevin!" stuff. I'm like 99% sure all those good points he made are getting shot down by a McMahon immediately, too.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 11, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Both of these things happened all the time when the Shield were originally a thing. People just didn't hate Reigns at the time, and liked the camera effects

And back then it was a vehicle to get Roman over, same as it is now. You can't put that one back in the box at this point just because people realized what it is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

sami: and i was a fool, who is terrible, and i poo poo myself and love to smell it until now

Remember when Sami beat Owens clean?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a new study bible! posted:

The fact that Finn gets to rumble with heavyweights while Neville was stuck with the purple ropes always seemed insane to me. Neville was like the best performer on staff. Also, Broken Neville was a cool character.

Punished Neville was great and it pissed me off that we basically only got him for one promo. Give Tozawa a decent reign and let Neville become increasingly unhinged.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Young Bucks aren't my cup of tea unless they're being the psycho Bucks in NJPW Jr Heavyweight tag team title matches. Having said that I respect them for blazing their own path and pissing off so many idiots doing it.

Having said THAT, Kenny is better at it than them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Club is not a cool sounding word. It makes things sound childish, or dad-ish.

Bullet Brothers. That's a name.

Is this your way of telling us you want Tama Tonga and Tonga Roa to feud with Breezango?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If taking pictures with Bullet Club will get you your release, then they're even cooler than I thought.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every male wrestler needs to buddy up with a female wrestler that they can call to beat up Steph for them. They will then repay the female wrestler by immediately going and beating up Shane. Even if Shane didn't do anything. This is true gender equality.

Roman caught Steph's hand when she went to slap him once and it was like, supposed to be a big deal? I think Sting did the same thing. I know Batista owned the poo poo outta her and then no sold the slap while Randy laughed his rear end off off camera.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My honest opinion on intergender wrestling is I think the concept of it is cool but I think you write yourself into a corner very quickly because I dunno if many people would buy a woman beating on a dude to get heat and I think a man beating on a woman to get heat would be very uncomfortable very quickly and would kinda mark that guy as a douchebag heel forever.

So basically I think it'd be sorta impossible to do with a traditional heel/face dynamic. And it's definitely light years out of WWE's capabilities.

They do mixed matches fairly often but theyre very stilted and obviously the men never get any offense on the women. I think the closest we came was one time Sasha and Charlotte kicked Rusev out of the ring and he looked like he was gonna beat the holy hell out of them before Roman came down and was roundly booed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean Asuka as a Cruiserweight sounds good on paper but I'm like 98% positive it'd just end with her telling some dude to stiff slap the poo poo outta her again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

i saw a video on youtube of Kana having an intergender match in Japan and it was possibly the most uncomfortable thing i've ever seen in my life

And she's the one who fuckin booked it!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Two Beans posted:

Ya'll are gonna flip when Asuka makes Roman tap out for the belt at Mania in two years.

Finally, somebody he can lift.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:ironi- wait. drat YOU, CAVAURO :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I'm going to Lowtax to have you all banned.

You can't get Rowdy Ringsports banned! YOU'LL REGERET THIS!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's criminal what they did to Owens during that Universal run. I'm not surprised to hear he wasn't into the AJ feud, the booking, especially the finishes, really stunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

I thought Owens title was one of the better recent ones, the segments with Jericho were always entertaining and the PPV matches were pretty good as well, especially Hell in a Cell (Seth) and the Rumble (Roman) come to mind. He was never able to beat anyone without outside help but he's a heel in WWE so :shrug:

Owens worked his rear end off for sure but he was a dude who beat people clean before that run and he became a joke who was clearly portrayed as not on Seth or Roman's level during that run.

• Locked thread