Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

TraderStav posted:

PLEASE KEEP CHUGGING FORWARD AND SHARING EVERY STRAY THOUGHT AND OBSERVATION

This please. It's the only way those of us who have watched it multiple times can live through that spellbinding first watch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Angry Salami posted:

It's like how there's a voice-activated typewriter in one of Asimov's novels - that sort of combination of the futuristic with the obsolete always amuses me.

It wasn't even a typewriter. It was a handwriting machine, because Arkady Darrel nagged her dad to get a "delightfully feminine script" for it. I always thought that machine was a cool "future toy" back when I first read the foundation series when I was a kid and would never actually happen. Now I shitpost via voice to text on my phone.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pentyne posted:

Are you all on track to try and stay a few episodes within each other again? If someone is 5 eps in to season 2 and someone starts s3 the whole thread just needs to be blacked out for safety.

Even if someone else starts a blind watch the day the OP finishes the show I'd still want to see them post their thoughts as they view it in this thread. I know i'm not the only one who would be interested in those posts.

This is more the place first time watchers put their thoughts about shows so they don't accidentally read a spoiler so it should be spoiler heavy. Once they're done actual discussion can happen in the other thread.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is a specific spoiler free channel for ya'all to either post your takes or links to your blogs or whatevers. The Babylon-5 channel will have spoilers in it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lobster God posted:

It is a dome. On Earth. EARTHDOME

Earth dome is a sphere. Prove me wrong.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AntherUslessPoster posted:

I can't bear with you guys

You and I are like Polar opposites. I love puns.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AntherUslessPoster posted:

I'm too Grizzly for all these the puns.

I'm simply over the Moon over this whole derail.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

ISN bearing heavily on the Fox News line (were they even a thing in 1995?) ISNís sensationalist right wing reads are common parlance today, but in 1995?

Answer about real news service

Fox news launched 1 year later. And it launched specifically to be a right wing biased news service. The joke at the time was "if you have to call yourself fair and balanced you're probably not"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

How did I miss such an awesome pun?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fix the spoiler tag.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't remember if videogames has reached that point yet. Also, come back videogames!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Multiplex!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pretty sure it's more a callout about the math involved.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Looking forward to reading about watching some B5 soon.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also other folks might come along and join.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

How hard did Ivanova slap Bester to draw blood like that? Did she have some kind of heavy ring on? Or is his skin so paper thin it cut at the mere touch?

Ivanova is a hard rear end and hates psycorps. The only reason Walker Smith was the first human to fight in the Mutai was because Ivanova was really loving busy in Ops.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vavrek posted:

I get that this is a fan render looking at a moment that happened offscreen in the show (inasmuch as anything actually happens in that video), but this is the blind watch thread and the video's description talks about plot details. It just makes me uncomfortable, because I'm overprotective of this thread.

Seems perfectly protection level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, the Lurker's Guide is the same kind of "no spoilers" that this thread has been sometimes by people thinking they're being cute when in fact they're just being assholes.