Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

sometimes if you're just slowly trotting along in the wilderness and no one else is around, Arthur will start singing to himself, it's a really cool detail

I thought I heard Arthur singing once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Epilogue: Holy poo poo I just ran into Gavin's friend and the guy basically descended into half-madness. He wasted his whole life looking for Gavin. He doesn't even remember what he looks like. What an awesome way to round that up. I expected them to just recycle the Gavin joke but no! The NPC even drastically changed.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Donovan Trip posted:

Bounty hunting question: when you capture bounties alive, you can keep returning to the jail to harass them in the cell, they don't just disappear. I'm wondering if anyone has observed a particular time of day bounties are hanged- at some point I think this happens as they will disappear from the cell if you're gone too long. I really want to see this particular bounty swing, and being that Rockstar is meticulous with details I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of their bounties actually strung up.

In the epilogue, I not only witnessed one of my bounties swinging the next day, but he tried to taunt me into rescuing him too. :v:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Some breeds are prone to being less scared, like the War types. The compendium talks about it a bit. Arabians are the most prone to being scared I believe even at full bond.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

No he only appears randomly outside of Saint Denis. He's not always at those other locations.

I think you may be wrong, buddy. He's always out at any of his locations. I never have trouble finding him.

Krinkle posted:

? The trapper has set locations and he is there 100% of the time for me so I have no idea what you mean by if he spawned? Here's the ones I know about :
NE of riggs station, on a hill. Just within Ox poaching distance.
North west of strawberry, all the way against the border of the world.
West of annesburg in the forsts on the west side of the river.
St. Denis (obviously)

I feel like there must be more.

Clarification: there's one who becomes accessible in the lower west part of West Elizabeth.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 17, 2018

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

I don't know it we're playing the same game or what because he's rarely outside of Saint Denis for me. Does he actually appear on your map or do you just have to remember roughly where he is and he shows up when you're there. If that's what you're talking bout then just lol

He's both on my map and there.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
If you're doing the St. Denis horse trick, you don't have to close the game and reload to force different respawns. Go far enough away, wait ten seconds, and they should respawn as different horses. I ran to the red barn north of the spot with all the horses in the paddock and that seemed to be far enough. Inclement weather and night time may still effect the spawn though.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can do all the old stranger missions with john but I'm not sure he has any specific to himself. also any you didn't finish as arthur will be restarted as john. like I'd helped out the mr black and mr white a couple times before the epilogue, but with john I had to take down their bounty posters again. also make sure to visit mary-beth, tilly, and pearson if you haven't

You can also visit Rain's Fall in Annesburg. If you interacted with specific strangers repeatedly, like Charlotte, be sure to visit them as well. If you donated to the construction of the homeless vet's shelter in St. Denis, John has a comment there too.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

shut up blegum posted:

You can kill a 3-star animal and then trample it with your horse when making it a 1-star. Ask me how I know :downsgun:

Anyway, late chapter 4 spoiler question: in the bank robbery mission, when you're escaping on the rooftops, Lenny gets shot by 2 dudes who come running out of a doorway. Is there a way to save him? I wasn't quick enough to take them both out, and now I'm wondering if it's scripted and he dies anyway. Poor Lenny.

There is not.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

GeorgieMordor posted:

Did they explain what happened with the parley then and I missed it? They took Arthur, but didn't take out Dutch and Micah? Seemed pretty hostile w/ Colm right up to the point that Arthur got cracked in the head with the butt of a gun. Maybe the whole ruse wasn't about getting Dutch in the first place, but Arthur.

I know I'm I'm overthinking this bit, though up to this point the story has been pretty robust to me compared to past Rockstar games so it threw me for a loop.

You missed it, I believe but are also right on the money. The parley was a ruse to get Arthur as Colm wanted to use him as bait to lure in the rest of the gang but Arthur escaped.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
The Murfree Brood guy may have been using a machete too, which I believe is a one shot even in Arthur's hands.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I remember people were earlier asking for a complete list of pelts and all that for crafting. I also know someone already posted a list but here's some more that I found on reddit.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

And the Hosea thing is weird because I never actually got the conversation, it just showed up in my left d-pad menu one day.

You get Hosea's by picking up a book of his in camp. You were probably interacting with stuff.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey look what just popped up on my timeline:

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1067086855089385472

quote:

Rockstar will launch Red Dead Online in beta form on Nov. 27, and it will initially be accessible only for owners of the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. The following day, the beta will open up to those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on its first day of release. On Thursday, Nov. 29, those who played the game in its first three days of release will get access. Then, on Friday, Nov. 30, online multiplayer will open up for all Red Dead Redemption 2 players.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Unrelated to the multiplayer topic but I just saw this on the rdr2map site:

I know it says Red Dead Redemption 2 but :cmon:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

cubicle gangster posted:

The woman who he complains to about not having been good enough to marry into her family when she's giving him a mission? They have a pretty cut & dry conversation about it.

It specifically says second love interest. It's not Mary.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Zuul the Cat posted:

Welp, I beat Chapter 6 this morning. I got the ending where I just crawl off and watch the sunset after Micah and Dutch leave me after helping John escape. Is this the good ending?.

Yes.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Tercio posted:

Actually, couldn't you keep something like this from being exploitable by adding penalties to the bountied criminal caught in addition to rewards for the bounty hunter? Strip them of something. Weapons, food, consumables, implement a "time in jail" mechanic, etc.

Not saying this is even an answer, just spitballing.

I would have suggested that they can't incur another bounty for so long on top of reducing the damage they do to other player characters myself. Spoil their fun too~

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DogonCrook posted:

loving no one will fist fight me its bullshit. You loving cowards with your guns goddamnit!

Some guy had a hard on for me and chased me down and managed to hogtie me. I broke free as he was carrying me, and proceed to beat the poo poo out of him with my fists. When I knocked him to the ground, I pulled out a gun and blew apart his dick. He didn't even have a chance to react to me dropping from his shoulder and wailing on him.

:v: He screamed over voice chat, calling me a bitch, and saying he was going to hogtie me and kill me while I rode off into the sunset.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
R* has heard the cries:

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1069703734731657217

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
All the more reason to hate that motherfucker.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also, double tapping L1 to spin your handgun into the holster is my new favorite thing.

What the gently caress, how did you learn this? I never knew you could do that.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was like 'huh?' when he just appears and then walks away after shooting Micah. Story-wise that was the only thing that really bothered me. Dutch shouldn't have been there at all. Otherwise it was a hell of a story, even if I think the much lower tension during the epilogue kind of neuters some of the great story tension that you get in Chapter 6. I do like how it ties up going into RDR1, even if it's sad to see you building the house and getting John's family back when you already know how things end up from playing the first game.

I'm also glad that characters I liked the most during the game such as Sadie and Charles survived and moved north or whatever, instead of dying like most of the rest of them end up doing. I was pissed when Lenny died, since he was my other favorite character. I really wish we got more Javier than we did; it seems like he and Bill kind of just side with Dutch at the end out of story necessity and not much else.

There was a really good discussion some pages back about this, and I wish I could remember what pages it was around to link you. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about but it gives some good perspective on this scene.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Hobo Clown posted:

Not sure if this is what you were talking about but I really liked TulliusCicero's take on the finale from a couple weeks ago:

This is exactly what I was referring to, thank you so much. I couldn't even remember who had been talking about it or on what pages.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

NiceGuy posted:

Dad's a simple man, and so he made a simple Arthur. This is almost immediately after the mountains though so he hasn't had a chance to grow out the mane yet. Still :3:

I worked at a GameStop for the holidays a few years back, and I was helping a customer look for something for her father for Christmas. She told me the one game he absolutely loves is the original RDR, but he never played the Undead Nightmare mode. So I was able to sell her on that. I saw her at my other job a few months later and asked if her dad liked the Undead Nightmare story and he did, and we were talking about RDR2. Yes she was getting it for him. Saw her again a few months back after it came out and sure as poo poo, Dad was nonstop playing it. :3:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

marshmallow creep posted:

I was thinking taking the bounty wagon might be a good idea just so you don't get bucked, but I don't know how those horses interact with wolves.

It's really not necessary. Get a war horse or something not so skittish, keep calming it, and maintain distance between you and the wolves. Carry a shotgun if you need to but I've been doing it with a bolt action rifle.

My biggest bug right now is four of five times, the server has crashed right after I turn him in. I receive the rewards but it's annoying.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

I run right up to the wolves in the new bounty on my Ardennes 'HorseWithNoMane' and I've never been thrown. Those are tough horses. I used the same horse you got for free during SP - they are amazing for hunting and missions.

Yeah I use a Breton, the Bounty horse. It's only thrown me a few times because I got caught between the environment and the wolves. Most of the time he kicks the poo poo out of the wolves with me.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I like to hunt up by Hanging Dog Ranch in northern West Elizabeth, in that long stretching field of flowers. There's almost always a ton of deer and pronghorn, and of course elk will show up, the occasional moose, and plenty of small and medium animals (ducks, turkey, etc.) for you to pick up. The Great Plains can also work well too but I definitely get it done faster up north.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
According to a Reddit post, animals not spawning is a bug that they're working on. It's really frustrating though in the meantime.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Bloodcider posted:

Is the bear supposed to spawn in The Wolf Man? The first run it came out of nowhere and mauled him to death while we unloaded on it, the second run we hashed out a plan for this, but he was at a different spot and the bear didn't even show up. Thought maybe it was just a random wilderness spawn and not scripted after that.

It's randomly scripted to appear at the right most spawn. Sometimes it's the bear, other times it's the wolves. You'll know it's the bear if you Eagle Eye and see him sitting over there by the tree. He'll yell "GRIZZLY!" or "She's coming!" when you get close enough to trigger the encounter. You can also see the bear further in the little cave, which makes it easier to take it out before it gets to him.

On the highest difficulty, there's a second grizzly that will almost always show up if you have to take him to the prison wagon in the north, just before you get into town so be ready with a shotgun and dead eye to blow it apart. There was only one time where the grizzly didn't show up for me on the highest difficulty while running him to that wagon, but that might have just been a weird little bug in that moment.

You can herd the Wolf Man too, to avoid letting him get too far away. You can't skin the wolves either so no point in wasting time trying. Just focus on getting them down and getting him out of there.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm finally reading one of the articles about the future of RDRO and this is very important:

quote:

even buy a canine companion, which, by the way, the developers say they’d like to let you take out on missions with you in the future.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Donovan Trip posted:

You can get a dog from Cripps for your camp atm

Yes I know, but I want to take Hup out with me. :colbert:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Funso Banjo posted:

They need to add like 8 new breeds for players to own, the selection is not great. There’s lots more dogs in game.

I didn't even learn there was a poodle breed in the game until a few weeks ago!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

free hubcaps posted:

Pupling justista!

:neckbeard:

Vastarien posted:

I had the brilliant idea to just ride up to the wolfman, lasso him, and drag his rear end off while trying to outrun the wolves with my Turkoman. But I failed the mission because he died from being dragged. I thought they said dead or alive?! :argh:

On higher difficulties, he has to be alive.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

hup posted:

Then add me on Xbox :)

Ha! Sadly I'm on PS4 otherwise I would. :)

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If my layman-rear end had to guess it’s that there are only so many slots per region per server to pitch a camp within x “miles” of another player’s/posse’s camp and they haven’t figured out how to solve it (obviously).

If you can't pitch your camp in the region, it will tell you there are no camp sites available when you try to select the region. The only fix I've found is trying a new free roam session.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
You get more experience for the Bounty role doing the legendary bounties too, so it's worth doing them. You don't need a bounty wagon to do this week's either.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

That's good to know. I figured it was a whole gang and I'm still rebuilding my cash flow after buying wagon, shovel, and metal detector.

And lots of Barbie cowboy clothes.

It is a gang of four you have to track down but they're at different locations so you can take them one by one to the prison wagon before moving to the next target. At later difficulties, if you're running solo, this is probably preferable to the wagon anyway because they are more likely to run off and it's harder to chase them down in the wagon than on your horse.

(Yes that happened to me.)

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I always make sure to get the wagon in the safe spot before I engage the baddies. Whenever I've died, I respawn nearby and because my wagon was already in the safe zone, I get the full payment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
:shrug: I've been pretty lucky. I just started playing online again a few weeks ago and I've only had one person try to gently caress around with me. If I see red blips, I just give them a nice wide berth and will generally session hop to avoid it. I like to play my cowboy mmo in peace.