Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
This outage has just informed me that I have physical access to the location where this game is being hosted. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Finnankainen posted:

I definitely got that. I refreshed the page immediately after looking at that upgrade and could suddenly afford it.

This happened to me as well.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

So right now I'm making 160,000,000+ cookies a second but all my upgrades are over 999,999,999,999. Should I even bother buying farms, factories and mines at this point or just wait out the others, which are all super expensive.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/863v8u0vqcy8ql0/Cookie_Clicker_v.1.032.xlsx

Handy spreadsheet to figure out what's most cost effective.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I was too busy baking cookies for that. That's someone else's crazy work.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

If you try to refresh, do it in a new tab until it works. The pull of cookies is too strong for the server.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

In case anyone is interested, I took a peek at the code and it turns out that you can't get a chain to go all the way to the max unless you have at least 4.444... trillion cookies already.

The first four cookies in the chain will always appear no matter what (as long as you don't miss them), but after that, you need at least 2/3rds as many cookies banked as the next one would give you in order for it to have a chance of appearing.

You sure about that? I had 200 billion cookies and a chain started and went all the way to 6 trillion.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Cookies and Coffee clearly don't go together :colbert:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I did some number crunching on Blood cookies/Gold Cookies, Appeasing and Covenent.

-Keeping the grand matriarchs happy means your special cookies are worth an average of 16% more. (edit: actually this just goes up over time, nevermind)
-Assuming you get a special cookie about every 3 minutes or so (seems to be about average for me), the 30 minute appeasement is worth it as long as you are making over 450M cps, assuming you capped the appeasement.
-While actively playing, covenant is not worth it until you are making 680M cps
-Unless I'm calculating wrong, thanks to the cap on appeasement, it is better to just keep appeasing rather than get covenant.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 1, 2013

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

IronSaber posted:

What is the Lucky Cookie 'cheevo?

7 Gold Cookies.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Giggily posted:

202 golden cookie clicks, get on my level scrubs. :smug:

Aw, you're so cute :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Kgummy posted:

[/spoiler]
And a function that is called 'ruin the fun' stuck under achievements.

I think you put this in the console, if I'm reading it right:
Game.RuinTheFun

function ()
{
for (var i in Game.Upgrades)
{
Game.Unlock(Game.Upgrades[i].name);

Game.Upgrades[i].bought++;
if (Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction) Game.Upgrades[i].buyFunction();
}
for (var i in Game.Achievements)
{
Game.Win(Game.Achievements[i].name);
}
Game.Earn(999999999999999999);
Game.upgradesToRebuild=1;
Game.recalculateGains=1;
}

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before so instead of asking you to explain, could you just link me to one of the posts explaining why 18,000*CpS works better?

For every lucky cookie, you get THIRTY MINUTES worth of cookies.

How is that not worth it? I'm getting nearly 1.2 trillion per cookie.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

dat one portagee posted:

How does the uncanny clicker achievement trigger? I can register like 10-12 clicks per second on my mouse and it doesn't pop up... how loving fast do you have to click to make that poo poo happen?

twice within 4 milliseconds

Tea Bone posted:

I've got it but I have no idea how. I can only assume the game froze up and all my clicks during that time got counted the second it unfroze.

Basically this or an autoclicker.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Tea Bone posted:

Do you make a loss when you sell stuff?

I was thinking about selling everything to get the last 30 time machines then buying it all back later, is this a bad idea?

You get only 65% back of it's cost.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Tea Bone posted:

Do we have stats on how long it takes to get the 100 time machines without golden cookies? I'd really like to finish this before any more "End games" are added, that way I can stop playing.

The final 5 time machines, without golden cookies or clicking are at least a week.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

KnoxZone posted:

Don't know about 200 time machines, but I just got 200 cursors and the last upgrade. I am so close to having the last achievements that it scares me. What meaning will my life have left when clicking cookies no longer drives me to a goal?

The goal is cookies. It's always been cookies.

Joeslop posted:

So what's the consensus on the Grandmapocalypse? Keep it going or keep the Golden Cookies rolling?

Either roll Grannypoc or save up 18000xCPS and roll pledges. Never covenant.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

How many times do we have to go over this? If you only have 1800x the amount. The bonus will be 10% of that, or 180x the amount, or three minutes worth.

It's 18000x
Say it with me. 18000x.
You need 300 Minutes worth, so that 10 percent of that is 30 minutes.

gently caress sake people, go back to 4th grade math. :argh:

Edit: This is more a math obsession thing than a cookie obsession.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

KnoxZone posted:

I see a golden cookie upgrade and 3 regular cookie upgrades. What is the 5th new one?

Double length pledges

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

77 I think. I've got over 1000 though, so not certain.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not sure, but Elder wrath would be worth 10 trillion cookies to me now :stare:

Just tested it out. No it does not effect the non time bonuses.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 4, 2013

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

door Door door posted:

What does the gradmapocalpyse actually do aside from make the game creepy as hell? Does it have any effect on cps? I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the flesh took all the answers away.

Big bonus in CPS, sizably weakens special cookie value (They're still way more beneficial to click than to not though)

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

New (maybe) discovery that's going to make double length VASTLY worth it.

Had a 7x for 77 second cookie going. Got another cookie while it was active. I had 56 trillion cookies, it gave me 5.6 trillion for the cookie. Normal amount I get is about 1.3 trillion.

fake edit: I tested on a different tab spawning golds like crazy, the 7x does not stack on each other and give you 49x, unfortunately.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Tipme posted:

With the new golden cookie upgrade Get Lucky, I just got the Elder Frenzy buff from a red cookie, x666 for 12 seconds, I don't even know math but I just went from 12 trillion to 46 trillion so yea, it's p good.

710million cps in case you wondering.

clot also halves your cps for 132 seconds, so there's that, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

On the downside, if you get a "lucky" cookie while clot is going, you "only" get 15 minutes worth of cookies.

On the upside, getting 210 minutes of cookies if you have the grannies appeased is amazing.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SilverSliver posted:

Want to get out of the Grandma-ocaplypse?

Sell them all off. Re buying them still gives you the awesomeness of Grannies and all the upgrades you bought for them come with the re buy, just don't click any of the research stuff again or it will start over

This was patched and no longer works.

Edit: patched failed, apparently.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 4, 2013

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

Time machine number 200 would cost 123456789*1.15^199 cookies

That's 148.042.089.956.694.458.087 cookies

At 700 million CpS, that is 6706 years of idling

That's nothing. Just to get to that point from 100 Time machines would cost you slightly over 1 sextillion.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

The server is absolutely hammered, 90% of the time you will need to refresh repeatedly to get in.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

All achievements obtained
All upgrades obtained
Getting over 1 billion CPS

I need more cookies :negative:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It's probably only a matter of time/updates until we're talking about what a pain it is to try and get the 1000th time machine.

By which point, they will be worthless, of course.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Actually, that seems about right using cookies as a currency. Even if you don't like cookies, there's a point at which enough cookies is a great deal for anything. Want to buy a factory? Bet if you offered them 500 billion cookies they'd sell it to you. 5 quadrillion cookies might be enough encouragement to get a bunch of scientists to work for you to develop that time machine. Their great-great-grandsons would never worry about going hungry.

Also, you're building a time machine to pull cookies from the past, what good do those cookies do if the next time machine is just going to suck them away anyway?

Also, bringing all those cookies in from other planets, dimensions, and eras makes inflation a bitch.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://drive.google.com/templates?view=public&authorId=15776007631829973453

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I'm going to reset my 1 Billion+ cps for the shadow achievements :negative:

It's all that's left, Reset with a trillion, no clicks, and the cheated cookies. I can't get the cheated cookies to come up though? I've given myself several hundred trillion to no avail.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

I consider it my clone doing my work when I have less important non cookie business to attend to :colbert:

I turn auto gold click off when sleeping though, that would be just outright cheating.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

How about get everything without getting the cheating cookie? You disappoint me.

That's not 100% then :colbert:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Svartvit posted:

Golden cookie autoclick is like the most profitable cheat there is. No wonder you got 1 billion cps so fast!!

I also work from home, so it's not like I'm not right in front of my computer anyway while awake :v:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

tractor fanatic posted:

They do not; when you get a frenzy it overwrites any other frenzy you have going. Regular and blood frenzy only. Click frenzy is a different thing.

If you get click frenzy on top of normal frenzy, it does stack multiply your cookies per click. Which is amazing.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

- Uncanny clicker got changed from the buggy "click like 10 times in 4 milliseconds" to just clicking really fast in general, it also went from being a regular achievement to a shadow achievement (that doesn't give milk) and now that it's fixed it's back to being a regular achievement again.

This got moved back to being an actual achievement again in 1.034

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

The prestige amount is based on your cookies baked and RESET total all time.

So say you reset with 1 quadrillion baked, you will get 31 chips

Get up to 1 quad again and reset, you will get 13 chips

You've reset 2 quadrillion cookies total, it's sqrt of 2000 to give you 44 chips total.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

gently caress me that was fast...

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

I don't understand how that would help. You only get 70% of the buy price back when you sell something.

What you get back goes into your Cookies Baked total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Uh...what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread