Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
I've posted Soul of Thy Family, Skin of Thy Father, which will be a story about tracking down your probably-dead father across the world above the waves, and dealing with the strange people there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I am running a "quick" Halloween one-shot type CYOA, The Wellerby Mansion, where player contestants must try to be the last one standing in a haunted house. I need 6-10 players!

Also, your character will most likely die.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Bad Things Happen

Attempting a random generated warhammer fantasy roleplay CYOA.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 19, 2019

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

busb posted:

Hi all, taking a crack at a fantasy CYOA simulation thing. Hopefully it's of interest!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885560
:smaug:

Game is still going, well worth checking out, big vote right now!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since i've had a setting rumbling around in my brain for a while but no real plot dedicated to it, im starting an open-ended fantasy CYOA story where you'll interact with my world and stuff will happen.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902185

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Hello again. I'm running a god-game in the style of Fragile Gods of Somewhere, with art by DogKisser himself.

We're just starting the First Age, all the god-slots are taken, but there's plenty of time to get your wisps in and improve your odds of getting a god-slot in the Second or later Ages. You can find the game right here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Persona X is back (again)! Hopefully for real this time!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

gubbin

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Updated! due entirely to Cat Herder's help :D The OP looks magnificent, and all the CYOAs are in their correct place of In progress, Completed, or Abandoned.

Thanks Cat Herder!

Loel fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 27, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hekontogenesis is a short-running, week or two long CYOA I'm running. It is yet another God Game.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

An attempt at a Christmassy CYOA. Get the Sleigh and the Big Man ready before Jingle O'Clock!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

So, brave and foolhardy as I am, I'm doing an exalted CYOA. Come be chosen by the sun and lay low enemies and gods before you!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906176

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

I'm running a senatorial 90s Russian small town girl CYOA. Watch goons try to grow up as a decent human being in pretty lovely life circumstances.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906838

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Watching goods try to grow up sounds painful enough on easy mode.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I have made a thing, this might actually be the first whole topic I've started on SA

Meat Goes In,

anyone that knows the poo poo I usually do will know what they're in for, for anyone else:

it's body horror and anti-capitalism, it's always body horror and anti-capitalism

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You're an unlicensed, non-Union wizard, a SCAB. Come solve wizardly crimes in my story, SCAB: A Wizard's Story.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908680

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Looking for more screaming in Lovecraft CYOA

edit: The world of two ended with only one.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 21, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Gravedust's excellent dungeon delving game Die in the Depths is back from a winter break and has new slots open for anyone interested in rolling dice, killing monsters and looting chests.
Updates are daily Monday to Friday, so now's your chance to join us, find rare treasure and hopefully not Die in the Depths.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

sheep-dodger posted:

Gravedust's excellent dungeon delving game Die in the Depths is back from a winter break and has new slots open for anyone interested in rolling dice, killing monsters and looting chests.
Updates are daily Monday to Friday, so now's your chance to join us, find rare treasure and hopefully not Die in the Depths.

It's real fun, y'all.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lux Animus posted:

The amazing Bee Bonk has been running a roguelike CYOA called Wrecking Crew for the last few years, and now she's taking a break from the sci-fi world of Wrecking Crew to run an online fantasy board game called:

SYMWYRM

It updates three times a week and has wonderful and silly art.

The current dragon roster has already been chosen but more eggs can be produced for more players in the future! Until then, all non-dragon players get to vote on 'Rogue Elements' once every weekend to affect the dragons' world.

Here's this weekend's Event vote, for example:

Please feel free to join in on the chaos fun and add your vote to the pile! :smaug:

Half a year ago I made this post, advertising the wonderfully enjoyable Play by Post Multi-CYOA Board Game SYMWYRM.

Here's some artwork I made for it over the holidays:

Well I just want to let you all know that some of the starting dragons have reached maturity, and they are now capable of creating Eggs for other new players to hatch from!

That's right - it's hatchling season in SYMWYRM! - sign up today to become the next new dragons on the block!

The game has Open Enrollment - currently there are 19 dragons in play!

SYMWYRM - run by the talented SA user Bee Bonk - updates 3 times a week for active players, and the inactive players, dragons-in-waiting, and spectators get something to vote on once per weekend.

Come and check it out and join the Discord[ if you're interested and have any questions! :dbuddy:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I'm running a CYOA of the popular RPG Paranoia. I need votes on which of the 4 troubleshooters we're going to play as! If you're interested in Paranoia at all, or like a silly, fast paced games of lying and corporate schmoozing, then this is the game for you! Let's see if we can trick our way into becoming Ultra Violet, or will we lose all of our clones along the way in sadness.

Get in while the getting is good! Join today!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912963

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A short-term psychological horror CYOA, running with Oli Jeffrey's Quietus.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
SCAB has wrapped up it's first chapter, if you want to see if my Urban Fantasy with love, loss, wizards, and sacrifice is the right thing for you! Then click here, and read all of my posts. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908680&userid=225602 I quote every important conversation point, and frequently have "Question Time" in the thread, where people are able to interrogate people live and on the fly. You can read only my posts and get the complete story.

We are also running into our first downtime, which is where we're going to see our main Character, Gerald, actually do things he wants to do, he has $300,000 and a penchant for research, so if you want to be caught up on what's happened so far, he's a rough summary for you! If the story catches your interest, I recommend reading and catching up with us. I love writing, and I've had Scab going for 3 or 4 months now, and I don't plan on dropping it any time soon.

The world of SCAB is one very similar to Shadowrun, but with less cyberpunk. There is magic in a very few select individuals, there are Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Minotaurs and Dragons, who are all just people trying to live their life under the crushing boot of capitalism. Gerald, our main character is an unlicensed wizard with his grimoire on his smart phone. He buys spells off the dark web when he can't find anything in public torrents. He is also a SCAB, an unlicensed non-union wizard. He is not allowed to practice magic publically, or for pay. He is allowed to practice magic safely within the privacy of his own home, if he had one.

When our story first begins, Gerald is a homeless man living out of a tent in an alley. He has a run-in with the local police who want to see his license for magic. As an unlicensed mage, Gerald is not allowed to practice magic in public and having a magic tent that's much bigger on the inside definitely counts as magic. He has an appointment and needs to escape from the police, so he takes his magic tent and runs hoping to lose the police on the way to his first job. He manages to give his tail the slip, just barely and he meets the first power player of our Story, Majesty Ambrosia they are a powerful person whose rich beyond measure and seems to have ties to a local crime family by the Ambrosia name. We find out she needs a wizard to solve a problem, preferably one that does not have to report to the police or the wizards union, which is exactly where Gerald fits. Majesty Ambrosia has lost her dearest daughter, and is offering a lot of money to whoever can find them. Gerald then goes off to explore, and the thread decides that Gerald is not only a blood mage, but a blood mage who cavorts with demons.

Gerald ends up finding out that Stephanie had a life partner named Karen, and the two were doing some sort of research. They end up quickly leaving their apartment and attempted to torch the place to no avail. Gerald follows leads all over town leading him from an apartment complex, to a wizarding arena, to an underground demon fight club, to a secret laboratory. Gerald finds out that there is also a bounty on Stephanie and Karen's head. He picks up many clues along the way, I'm about to spoil the end of the chapter here, so if this story seems interesting to you, stop reading now and follow from the beginning
Karen and Stephanie were kidnapping wizards for the explicit purpose of sucking the magic out of them, essentially allowing them to control who can, and cannot have magic powers. The process kills the wizards that are kidnapped, and sometimes kills the person they're putting the magic into. Gerald is able to lie through his teeth to get them not to kill him, and uses his demons and his magic to blow up their awful laboratory, and return Stephanie and Karen, alive, safely to their mother. He also fakes their deaths, allowing him to not only collect on the money for finding and bringing them home safely, but also for killing them, collecting on the bounty

Now we are at the end of the Chapter. Gerald has a mountain of cash, and is in very good with Majesty Ambrosia AND Emmet leader of the Underground Demon Fights. We are currently deciding where Gerald is going to spend his down time, what he is going to be doing during said down time, and how long he is going to be spending on that down time. We'd love to hear from you in the thread!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I used to do a lot of these back on the Bay12 forums, but suffered a bit of burnout about a hundred updates into a fully animated one and haven't written one since.

But the urge has returned.

I present, Fix The World, the story of a humble handyman in an (almost) perfect world, who has one small, teensy tiny problem to deal with. Of course, one things does tend to lead to another...

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Since I'm not going to be going outside any evening soon, I've decided to do something I've always wanted to do and start posting a CYOA.

Spiral is a game about getting embroiled in politics in a low-fantasy age-of-discovery setting.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I made my own CYOA!

Time Bandit - A Travelling CYOA

It's got weird science, crazy schemes, cosmic power, and the potential to instantly kill yourself like the last poor schmuck in the very first vote!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918563

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mission Decommission is like a cross between a board game and CYOA. You build up a prisoner, pick his stats and gear, then let him loose on a derelict space ship to grab what you can from it's rotting metal corpse.

Everyone who signs up will get their characters drawn.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Started a new CYOA: [CYOA] The Time of Magic

This is a sandboxy game in a time where incredibly powerful magic and mages are at their apex. Its a time of miracles, of incredible power, great legends, and power beyond the comprehension of mortals.

I'm trying a new thing for fleshing out the protagonists backstory. Come vote!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hello. Do you like bad anime? Same. I love bad anime.

Do you wanna play in an MMO, like all your favorite (or least favorite) anime? Probably even be trapped in it?

Then come on down to .Hack Horizon Online, I mean Re;Birth

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have a new CYOA and it's set in the universe of Shadowrun, we're making our first character in a 6 person group, so log-in and get a voting.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922709

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

New game set in the world of my original Viking Game. Let's go ruin some stuff!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I have finally come up with a new CYOA - Where Titans Go to Die. It’s about learning to carry out a vital ancient and profane duty, while interacting and influencing with the many peoples and cultures of the Valley of Titans’ Fall.

I hope you'll find it interesting!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The Spellbound Seas - a Swashbuckling CYOA

Let's swash some buckles using my favorite obscure RPG!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
started a Flying Circus CYOA:

come fly a ww1 bomber in Magical Germany and get shot down, blown up, set on fire, drunk...or maybe rich?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

This is a horde style game much in the same vein as Dog Kisser's "Break Down That Gate." After reading it recently, I was inspired and wanted to take my own crack at the genre and rule system he had created. In this game you are Cobbolds, creatures that live in warrens, shunned from local communities. Cobbolds are created from a curse that can only be caught on the blood moon. Our story starts with your home under attack! Join up and defend your home from ravaging invaders today.

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010
'The Glass-Maker's Dragon' is now completed!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Art by Bee Bonk

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931822

Wrecking Resumes for a whole new Heap! Bee Bonk's PvPvE game of exploration, murderation and smashification comes not only with its own well-balanced and easy-to-grok ruleset, but also a bunch of awesome art, fluff and a group of existing players welcoming to newcomers. Play as a Wrecker and die historic, or if you don't have the time to dedicate to active engagement, play as a Sponsor and send the poor bastards in the field helpful (or not so helpful) items and assistance while you're contemplating existence on the porcelain throne at work.

The game has a channel on the CYOA Discord:
https://discord.gg/SK6tZYG
Head to #GetRekt for more info.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I'm going to put my CYOA thread here.

House of Spirits: Resurgence

quote:

You are an Ex-Fantasy MMA Fighter who retired for whatever reason from the sport, but at the turn of the decade you are given an opportunity to reenter the League, not as a competitor but as the owner of your own stable. With some financial backing and something to prove it’s up to you to scout talent, train your fighters, compete in tournaments and watch your fantasy combatants beat the poo poo out of other fantasy fighters for the honour, glory, and acquisition of money for your Clan.

Your rivals will not want you to succeed, sometimes the referees will give the win to your opponent on a tiny technicality, and sometimes the worst opponents you’ll have to face are the dumbasses under your own banner as they manage to injure themselves in the process of trying to throw a punch.

But you didn’t dive right into this expecting it to be easy did you?

Right at this moment we are Grugtik, a Goblin who found himself in the middle of a collusion scandal before being unceremoniously ejected from the league three years before, just before it collapsed from an even greater scandal that was uncovered soon after. With an opportunity for a second chance as a Stable/Clan manager, he has arrived in the great trade city of Copher to compete in newly revived House of Spirits with some cohorts and a plan to strike it big.

We are in the process of choosing which division to commit to Year 1, and what to name our Clan right now at the time of posting.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 10, 2020

grobbo
May 29, 2014
I've started a CYOA roughly based on Blades in the Dark - with the players commanding a crew of scoundrels in an industrialpunk fantasy city.

We're a small crew so far, but it's fun! Currently we're trying to break into a cultists' church to rescue a prisoner and...it's not going well so far. Come join us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Come die horribly and repeatedly in Warhammer Fantasy: By Sigmar, no! One character dies, another takes their place!