Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Lol, I almost didn’t finish Enemy because I wasn’t really feeling it and my partner arrived when there was still ten minutes left in the movie. I’m not sure that I felt it was a great film or anything still, but my evaluation definitely would’ve been more than typically lacking had I not finished it.

This is what makes it one of my favorites

Also, I liked Us more than Parasite if I’m being forced to put them up against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

What’s a good word for the “feel” or style of Good Time and Uncut Gems? Kinetic? Hyperpathos? Dope?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

Update on The Boss, who I got a month ago:

I'm really excited to see what he looks like with all the fur. He's such a sweetheart.

what a cutie

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

is the thing from The Outsider supposed to be related to Pennywise in some way?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

I've never read the book but in the show it just seems like it's "a pennywise"

ya ive never read the dark tower but I’m aware thru osmosis that pennywise has siblings/offspring

i figure a monster that feeds on grief has gotta be closely related to one that feeds on fear

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

I found the copy of It I read when I was like twelve

It has my dad's cigarette burns and everything

ah dude this is my favorite version of the cover!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Got á new leg

this is pimp

i wandered away for a couple months (and also my twitter got flagged as a bot today so im suspended) and i was going to try and catch up on all the posts i missed but that would probably take another several months — so how’s everyone doing? i miss anything?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It's worth noting that Dickeye was banned because she got too close to the truth about the mods secret nazi spy program.

reminds me of the book im reading

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I had a fridge cat too (the best cats).

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Rewatching the X-Files and Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose is such a standout episode.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

gently caress it, I'm rewatching X-Files now that I have Hulu again.

Hulu surprisingly has a lot of good movies and documentaries. There's more on there to watch than Netflix.

A mind-bogglingly lovely UI though, atleast on roku.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

sending love your way ruddiger and figaro

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

no one gets their guns taken from them more than agents mulder and skully, both are just absolutely terrible at arresting anyone

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Pussy Riot is definitely a CIA psyop

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I am devoting my life to the studies of Love After Lockup. Nothing has ever been more clear to me than this decision.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

fund my terror cell or stfu

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

(The rest are just grifting eachother in increasingly esoteric rituals of conscious mutual deceit.)

lmao this is great

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Biden meant to say that you aren’t black if you havent seen The Wire

edit: https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1263839385050644483?s=21

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 22, 2020

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1263892255724748801?s=21

lol

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

The Joe Biden campaign and the spectacle of the Democratic Party imploding makes life worth living.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Majkol posted:

Some time ago, possibly years in a previous incarnation of this thread, someone, I think it may have been Lil' Mama, posted some resources about union organizing. Does anyone have those still?

I want to apply for a job as an organizer and want to learn as much as I can before I go through the process. It's a dream job and I want to give myself the best chance possible at getting it.

Thanks.

This is pretty much the book I direct everyone to that asks me about organizing. LaborNotes has suspended their online store but they have pretty much the entire book on their website: https://labornotes.org/secrets/handouts

That’s a great general overview of strategy and tactics. For a good brief history of labor organizing (history is crucial for understanding what you’re organizing against and the pitfalls to look out for) check out No Shortcuts: Organizing for Power in the New Gilded Age by Jane McAlevey. I’ve found it useful for preparing for the inevitable Alinskyites you’re going to encounter, especially in leadership roles within unions like the SEIU.

The best thing you can do outside of these two resources is to absorb as much labor history as you can, which is a wide and deep well (it can also be kinda expensive because a lot of the good stuff is out of print). Some personal faves:

Hammer and Hoe: Alabama Communists During the Great Depression

Black Bolshevik: the autobiography of an Afro-American Communist

Reds or Rackets? The Making of Radical and Conservative Unions on the Waterfront.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Saw Shin Godzilla for the first time. Pacing was a little manic but holy poo poo was it good.

“Manic” is a great way to describe that film, from its pacing to its camera work. It gives me such a pleasurable discomfort.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

i follow this qanon kook and im pissed that im just now learning about xenomorph church from this idiot

https://twitter.com/realeyethespy/status/1266417352658219008?s=21

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I die I want to have all my assets liquidated into gold bullion and buried with me in a custom spring-loaded coffin. One last good scare, and a prize for the courageous!

just a badass skeleton with a baller grill

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

im in my living room on my couch with a pistol down by my feet and stockcharts on my laptop screen and i just had a piercing moment of self-awareness that i am become a libertarian

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Really good letter to American protestors from a guy that was in the protests in Egypt 2011-2013

https://twitter.com/cosmonautmag/status/1266905662354649088?s=21

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/kmartcrackhead/status/1267123328898211840?s=21

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

ive been scolded in my dms for making fun of him cause he’s autistic (???)

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

CPL593H posted:

I'm also autistic and somehow I've managed not to commit any hate crimes. The most vicious attacks you can expect out of me are lengthy rants about people who own a Crosley turntable. The mere implication that this man's behavior is a product of ASD or should otherwise because excused because he's on the spectrum is loving disgusting.

Anyway, as if we're not in a Verhoeven movie enough check out this picture of people protesting outside of OCP headquarters.

That was exactly my point! I’ve got mad haters in my twitter group dms.

Also, i dont even think he’s autistic, the blog he writes for, autisticmercury, is a neoreactionary redpill ironybro site. It looks like its for the kind of dudes that think Varg isnt dorky enough.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

love this dude

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1267594813710446593?s=21

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I could swear that Avatar is anti-imperialist was an actual SMG take

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

if that’s the premise i wouldnt know cause i havent seen Avatar :(

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The film is somewhat anti-imperialist, but the actual SMG take is that: 1) it's simultaneously anti-immigration and 2) the planet is effectively an elaborate simulation of nature produced by the Massive Alien Brain-Trees to feed off of peoples' minds.

Avatar's a perfectly normal and average movie, but it's also the kind of movie where every single thing that happens is very subtly hosed up in some way. It's like watching a typical romantic comedy.

hell yeah

therattle posted:

Hey! You’re back! Hi.

wasssssup, i fell so far behind in the thread that i was able to justify just jumping to the current page. and im glad i did cause FS’s Angel is amazing.

btw, i am so close to finally getting to read Against the Day and Age of Extremes

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

:magical:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Skwirl posted:

The TV show did a bit of that, there was a terminator who got sent back way to far in the past, figured it out due to the position of the stars and had himself bricked into a wall and went into sleep mode until he could burst through the wall at the right time for a dramatic entrance.

lmao

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

still just staring into the abyss from that indiana jones poo poo that was posted pages back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

The way I understand it is that the stimulus bill was attached to the 2021 budget bill, which is why all this other random poo poo is in there. It’s 5,000 pages. So that stuff wasnt added to a stimulus bill — a stimulus bill was added to a budget bill.

Of course tho this distinction doesnt really matter unless you’re the type of person that puts “politics junkie” in their bio. Either way, our rulers absolutely hate us.