Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cobblers posted:

The technology required to get a game to actually remember where you were when you saved costs $14,000,000.

Why would you want to leave Star Citizen, citizen? Using the save and quit option shows your disturbing lack of commitment to this new lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

For those who wish to see the page in its naked flesh https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317154

Now is your chance.

Patrick posted:

Thanks, Chris and Erin for making Star Citizen real.
Ok, that HAS to be a joke.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Liu posted:

im also an insider at CIG, sandi stubbed her toe at work today then said "ow, i stubbed my toe".

Bullshit. She couldn't get through that number of words without looking at a script.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

light hearted comedy for all commandos to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D6bHMMX9-4

I think I love you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

In addition to writing Jump Point articles and News Updates, Associate Writer Adam Wieser tackled a pretty massive S42 task: conforming the scripts to accurately reflect the dialogue recorded during last year’s performance shoot. A laborious process for sure, but now that it’s complete, the designers will no longer need to hunt down footage to see how scenes played out.

Remember that massive loving script Chris was so proud of? Apparently nobody loving read it.

Going back many pages, but doesn't this pretty much confirm that this was just an excuse for Chris and Sandi to piss about with some famous actors?

Also, I've been having some good results growing cats in window boxes:

Will I be able to do this in SC's farming simulation sections, and will I need a seperate ship to grow dogs?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is wrong with these people? Who the hell looks at a game promising ship-to-ship combat, first person shooter combat and a universe to explore but thinks "I want to be a photographer"? That's like going into the latest Madden title and saying "This football stuff is all well and good, but where's my option to design ballet costumes?"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Then why the hell wouldn't they just do that? There's fidelity, it's fun and it can switch between modes quickly and seamlessly while providing a positive user experience.
In addition to what others have said, I think CR's "saviour of PC gaming" mentality enters into it. He can't be the saviour if he does the same stuff that PC games are already doing. EVERYTHING has to be new and the product of his genius mind so that those he saves will owe their thanks to Christ Roberts and Christ Roberts alone.

Although why he has to reinvent so many wheels but is happy to use the Cryengine is beyond me.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

> HELMET

You put on your helmet. There is no way to see through the face plate.
>OPEN HELMET
The front of the helmet spits into several sections which retract to the back of the helmet. You briefly wonder how this many moving pieces can be a good idea for something that needs to be airtight.

You are now looking though a full-face visor.
>RAISE VISOR
The visor raises, slicing off the top of your head. Now lobotomised, you stumble around your quarters before stumbling into your computer terminal chair. You log into the space internet and spend all your credits on pretty pictures.

YOU WIN

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if there's a crossover between Star Citizens and Sovereign Citizens, the both seem to have an obsession with the power of names. One response to that video mentions a "Darak Smart" and a "David Braden." That's not even a childish attempt at insult, it's just refusing to spell people's names correctly as if doing so will somehow be a victory for Smart and Braben.

Particularly amusing what with Braben probably not giving a poo poo about SC given that he's busy with his actually-released, functioning game. Which I bought last night, you fuckers.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That's even worse. Reminds me of being back at school when a couple of kids decided it was funny to call me Geoff. My name isn't Geoff or anything like it. Geoff isn't a clever acronym, the name of someone else they were comparing me to, it was just the wrong name. Always bugged me not because those kids were calling me names (hell, "Geoff" is better than most terms of abuse), but because they thought they were being so clever. Same thing here. This isn't just the sort of thing you'd get from children, it's the sort of thing you'd get from really stupid children.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nation posted:

Welcome Geoff

Goddamnit, next I'll be forgetting my PE kit and getting in trouble for not doing maths homework.

I'm not Lesnick-level fat, but if anyone wants to send me vast amounts of chocolate I'm willing to try if it'll help the project.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

Downloaded the Ableton Live trial with the intention to manually sample the airhorns in, but then I saw an option to create a midi track from the song's harmony, then I just grabbed an airhorn soundfont and used that as midi instrument. I'm impressed it turned out so well :allears:

I really need to start dicking around with sound and video editing again, although looking at stuff like this makes me think "What's the point? Everyone else is better!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I giggle like an idiot at every single PAARP joke. I think I might be getting ill.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wait. So Ben took a phone call on his wedding day because someone else was having a forum argument? I can't decide what's more pathetic: Ben for taking the call, his wife for marrying someone who'd take that call, or Ben again for considering someone a friend when they'd phone him during his wedding because they couldn't handle internet shenanigans.

Someone come up with some new paarp material, this is depressing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

eat poo poo lesnick.
It's about the only thing he hasn't eaten.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

No. No I not come with you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is this a poster soliciting for prostitutes?

Don't judge me for wanting to play a space prostitute in Star Citizen. It's been my ambition since I was forced to choose a career at six years old, and that fucker Jimmy had already chosen space window cleaner.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So this is what I'll be seeing in my nightmares tonight.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I keep misreading "parpships" as "parsnips." Will root vegetable-inspired ships be available?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY poo poo YOU GUYS!!! LANDO GOT NEW GLASSES!!! :vince:

These fucktards are representing a 100+ million dollar business which has yet to release a single finished product after four years and that's the best they can think to say? I'm angry and I didn't buy into this scam.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
[QUESTION] Is Money tiny or sitting really far away?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

Probably both. The former in comparison; the latter because, well, wouldn't you?

I'm not sure sitting far away from Ben is an option.

[QUESTION] Do you sit close together because you all get on really well or is it just Ben's gravitational pull?

edit: Gah! Ben's sucked in another beardy man while I wasn't looking.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

Oh God, somebody asked [QUESTION] What games do you play outside Star Citizen?
Ain't I a stinker?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think Lando and dude on the left are up for it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Serious [QUESTION]: would Ben be able to travel by plane without travelling as cargo?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We need to make a new insult for citizens and see how quick they start using it on RSI.

"Lando." Should be a problem if they try to autoban it.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Sandi: my dog is more talented than you. And she had to be euthanised this afternoon.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:(

In a just world it would be the other way around

Thanks. She was an old dog and it was the kindest thing to do. I wouldn't want to wish death on anyone, but I seriously hope all Sandi's itches are unreachable.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

is this cyberbullying???

Comments about Ben's size, maybe. Comments about a self-proclaimed actress having no discernable acting ability or screen presence? No.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cocaine dad show posted:

EightAce is there a collective internal groan knowing that Chris will be around more? Like is it a generally understood thing that him being there more equals less getting done and more scrapping things and re-doing it/aggressive helicoptering?
Oh good, now I have a mental image of Croberts violently twirling his dick at people to make them work harder. Thanks for that.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Holy crap.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sillybones posted:

EightAce is full of poo poo.

EightAce is Chris Roberts rumour confirmed.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Oh hey look at this badge of shame I found in the bottom of a drawer:

Where's your stash of Nazi memorabilia?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

aleksendr posted:

Meh, the moment you post something associated with you on the web, even if its a blurry picture of a half hand, you have to accept that somewhere, someone with a furious "blurry half hand" fetish is getting lustful ideas by looking at it.

Foot fetishism has almost ruined TV for me. Every time I see an actress barefoot, I think "Well, this scene will be on Youtube with half a million views." Then I feel depressed.

Then I go and masturbate to blurry pictures of half a hand.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

notoriousman posted:

Here's your whale-spotting guide: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

Fractured and angelarch are High Admiral, meaning $1,000+ in, Sozo's under for $500 and ol' Griefy never actually set their symbol so who knows unless they're flaunting it someplace.

Ok, I get that Wing Commander is higher than all Admirals because of Croberts' ego, but why the blue blazes is Lt. Commander higher than Admiral?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: marine biologist spotted :siren:
Sounds like a job for SEA PATROL.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I very much enjoyed the exploits of SEA PATROL. One of the things that convinced me to sign up here.

MeLKoR posted:

1st why does he hate divers so much;
I don't think it ever became clear. He claimed that it was a Judge Dredd-esque satire intended as a warning, but no bought that. Dude was clearly getting his rocks off to murdering Scoobydoos.

quote:

2nd what's with the blowtorches, that seems a recurrent and bizarre thing to be connected with diving.
You need blowtorches to cut up all the seized diving equipment. Because obviously the best thing to do with pressurised air cylinders is cut them open with blowtorches. A plan with no flaws.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KiddieGrinder posted:

Not only that but he must be high, talking about modding tools for users to create their own spaceships :lol:

So they'd basically have to build something like Kerbal Space Program into their game. Sounds reasonable.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Hanggar?

Haggar. You click on it and a giant Freddie Mercury lookalike suplexes your ship.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

suggestion for character appearance in Solar Plebian

You're good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Berious posted:

And every time you ram them it plays a "I do not consent" sound file like one of those freemen on the land getting arrested

So something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM&t=60s

• Locked thread