Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE Champions - Click for pictures/details etc.

Raw: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre | Raw Women's Champion Asuka | United States Champion Bobby Lashley | Tag Champions The New Day | Women’s Tag Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax | 24/7 Champion Drew Gulak
Smackdown: Universal Champion Roman Reigns | Women’s Champion Sasha Banks | Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn | Tag Champions The Street Profits | Women’s Tag Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
NXT: NXT Champion Finn Bálor | Women’s Champion Io Shirai | NXT North American Champion Leon Ruff | Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin | Tag Champions Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
NXT UK: UK Champion WALTER | Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray | Tag Team Champions Gallus

Prior Discussion Threads for 2020:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October |

My Favorite WWE Related Posts for 2020:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November |

November Results:
Raw 11/2 | NXT 11/4 | Smackdown 11/6 | Raw 11/9 | NXT 11/11 | Smackdown 11/13 | Raw 11/16 | NXT 11/18 | Smackdown 11/20 | Survivor Series 11/22 | Raw Results 11/23 | NXT 11/25 | Smackdown 11/27 | Raw 11/30

WWE In October:
  • WWE used body doubles (with different hair color and in one case, race) for their remote commentators at NXT's Takeover event.
  • Finn Balor broke his jaw at Takeover, but hasn't yet been stripped off the title though he hasn't yet returned.
  • Literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan returned to active competition, and almost immediately got outed for being a sex pest (in addition to the homophobia and racism WWE already knew about).
  • WWE held a draft out of nowhere that only included Raw and Smackdown (NXT was initially supposed to be in it, then just wasn't) then proceeded to run shows for three more weeks before the draft "came into effect" rendering the entire thing pointless.
  • A bunch of wrestlers got split up pointlessly during the draft, including The New Day and Heavy Machinery. The Raw and Smackdown tag champions were drafted to different brands and literally just swapped belts during a backstage segment.
  • The draft effectively created the exact same rosters as 2016, just with the brands swapped around.
  • Lana is being put through a table almost every week by Nia Jax, perhaps at first as "punishment" for having a husband who got another job AFTER WWE FIRED HIM DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC but now probably because it's become a running joke Vince McMahon has forgotten the origin of.
  • Shane McMahon's weird and pointless and never explained fight club of Raw Underground just... stopped existing.
  • Shortly after WWE crowed about being given (possibly fake or paid-for) awards for their superb handling of the COVID-19 pandemic (literally the first time they have mentioned it by name since the pandemic started), WWE were reported as being investigated by the Orange County Department of Health for their terrible handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • There was yet another outbreak of COVID cases at NXT, supposedly one of the trainers got infected.
  • WWE are making all the fans attending live shows take COVID tests... the day before they attend the events. They are then free to go out to bars, clubs and other events to get potentially infected before returning the next day where they are still considered negative.
  • Pat McAfee returned to NXT, masterminding Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch outsmarting The Undisputed Era to get their title shot against Breezango and win the tag titles. Pete Dunne also returned and attacked Kyle O'Reilly, though he seems less aligned with McAfee and more just remembered that he and TUE were enemies.
  • Otis lost his Money in the Bank briefcase to The Miz when Tucker - now on a different brand - attacked him. Tucker was promptly added back to the Smackdown roster page. He was then promptly added back to the Raw roster page.
  • Sasha Banks defeated Bayley at Hell in a Cell in one of the two best WWE matches of the month, becoming the new Smackdown Women's Champion.
  • WALTER defeated Ilja Dragunov on NXT UK in one of the two best WWE matches of the month, retaining the NXT United Kingdom Championship.
  • Daniel Bryan returned to live wrestling action on Smackdown in the back half of the month. Unadvertised. He also lost his first singles match.
  • Jey Uso failed to defeat Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship at Hell in a Cell, and eventually accepted Reigns as the Tribal Chief due to <SCENE MISSING>.
  • Drew McIntyre's WWE Championship reign ended with a loss to... Randy Orton :geno:
  • Retribution have somehow managed to lose every single match they've had so far. They're now led by Mustafa Ali, who just casually admitted he was the Smackdown Hacker, a story that never had any resolution... or second act.
  • Literal accused rapist Matt Riddle is now simply being called Riddle. Apparently this was because WWE don't want the lawsuit against him for rape coming up in a Google search. They're happy to keep him employed though!
  • Chad Gable declared he was no longer going to go by the Shorty G name. WWE scripted him to cut a promo about how stupid and dumb the name and gimmick was... a name and gimmick that they scripted for him.
  • Netflix are making a multi-part Vince McMahon documentary. Before you get excited, the documentary has WWE's blessing and support, meaning it is likely to be a puff piece.
  • NXT held a "Halloween Havoc" event that was extremely well received. Johnny Gargano defeated Damian Priest to become NXT North American Champion. This had nothing to do with Ghostface from the Scream movies. It didn't concern him.
  • NXT's Halloween Havoc had a rare total viewers win over AEW Dynamite.
  • Aalyah Mysterio has decided she loves Buddy Murphy.
  • Keith Lee's win/loss record since coming to the main roster is basically 50/50.
  • Elias released a really bad album. He's also feuding with Jeff Hardy.
  • Finally, but perhaps the biggest story of this month: Vince McMahon went ahead with his baffling plan to shut down the Twitch and Cameo accounts of contracted talent, informing them that these services would be replaced by a third party deal at some later point and that WWE will keep all the money generated and pay a portion out of what is earned by the talent... out of their downside guarantee. Wrestlers kicked up a stink about this but all rolled over and meekly accepted it come the deadline, with the exception (so far) of Paige who basically told WWE to go gently caress themselves. At this point, NXT talent do not appear to be part of this deal and have been allowed to keep their Twitch accounts at least.

Thread title:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Everything WWE does is simply the panicked flailing of a decrepit old giant that's starting to suspect that it's time is running out.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Reserved for my favorite WWE-related posts for November, 2020:

quote:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He did want Sheamus.

jesus WEP posted:

i was saying boo-rogue kick

Orange Carlisle posted:

I just looked to see if Vince had ever actually had facial hair and lol

Lamuella posted:

You work 16 matches and whadaya get?
A three minute loss airing on Main Event
You tear up your contract and head to the street
But Vince has you in a five year no-compete

Incessant Excess posted:

its friday im ready for the head of the gable ah yessir

quote:

Digital Jedi posted:

What was the purpose of all of old people coming to ring?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Your pay-off to Lana getting put through a table every show for two months: https://streamable.com/ij5yw7

Golden Bee posted:

WWE staff don’t work for exposure. They get it for free

Lid posted:

He had won the greatest victory, the one over himself.

He was just happy to be here.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Extremely big lol if Zelina Vega ends up doing more for wrestling labour rights by refusing to give up her twitch than David Starr managed in his whole scumbag life

quote:

oh but seriously I posted:

Tugging at the tail of organised crime syndicates seems unwise to me, personally

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Vince has never been disposed towards respecting his competition

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man I think after like 25 or so odd years i’m done with WWE. Been a subscriber since day one in 2013/14? it’s cancelled. Yes hope Bryan and Reigns and Andrade all the women leave. I don’t give a poo poo about anyone else they have.

I probably won’t be in WWE threads anymore because I don’t feel it’s worth my time to hate post/ hate watch/ etc. It’s not even funny it’s just a bad “product” and I loving hate describing art as product, but WWE doesn’t make art even on accident anymore.

You ran me off Vince, you stupid, talentless, punk rear end dork with no taste, talent or ambition. You own the legacy of pro wrestling by accident, in the same way your success was purely accident, born into wealth with just enough snake like rear end kissing mentality to weasel your way into your daddies sphere. Artless, gutless, boring heathen, may your afterlife be damned, brittle, and hot hot hot.

I hope this is my last WWE post!

Love to the community here ya’ll are nice.

quote:

Lamuella posted:

You cannot convince me that Smackdown is a real show.

a cyborg mug posted:

It is real. Real bad

Pylons posted:

quote:

WWE came under heavy fire of for their lack of COVID-19 testing in the initial stages, and we've heard a story related to that coming out of the AEW PPV this weekend. When discussing AEW COVID protocols with several AEW names, several told us that WWE stars visiting All Elite Wrestling for Double or Nothing in May actually claimed they got their first coronavirus tests from AEW the weekend of Double or Nothing, because otherwise they weren't permitted at the events or functions. Even after there were positive tests within WWE months prior, the company didn't do testing along the way until Mid-June.

quote:

fatherofmustard posted:

Trump is the first WWE hall of famer to lose a presidential election.

quote:

JT Smiley posted:

Just checking in to see how that Big E singles push is going.

flatluigi posted:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/11/7/21553798/rumor-roundup-nov-7-2020-roman-reigns-plans-wwe-title-changes-big-e-chad-gable

"It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Big E and Chad Gable missing SmackDown this past week was because creative just didn’t have anything for them."

forkboy84 posted:

WWE and collaborating are sure words that fit well together.

KungFu Grip posted:

we are getting closer and closer to Alexa becoming The GirlFiend

Sugar Blaster posted:

The First Annual Montgomery Burns Award For Outstanding Achievement And Critical Acclaim In The WWE Thunderdome

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 1, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry about the cut-off thread title, I am way too used to being able to just fix these errors myself, sorry :doh:

I've asked Junpei to fix it when they get a chance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWEDisrespectArmy :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

J-ru the OP says last month was September

Man I was really loving firing on all cylinders when I posted this, huh? :doh:

KungFu Grip posted:

They never followed up on Gable killing the Shorty G name.

Also BIG E's exciting new world apart from the rest of New Day has consisted of... appearing on a Thunderdome screen watching Kofi and Xavier wrestle, and otherwise not appearing at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

feud with Corbin .... 2 matches tops

Vince: I can do 10 times better than that, pal!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 11/2:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The Thunderdome is now "award-winning and critically acclaimed" according to WWE Commentary.
  • WWE Champion Randy Orton opened the show to say he was better than anyone and it didn't matter who his opponent was. Alexa Bliss came out and showed a glove that said "pain", and Drew McIntyre appeared and Claymore Kicked Orton.
  • Miz tried to cash in the Money in the Bank Briefcase but McIntyre returned and laid both him and John Morrison out. Backstage, Morrison challenged Drew to a handicap match against him and Miz tonight.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated Elias in a Guitar on a Pole match by pinfall after hitting Elias with the guitar but not breaking it. He then broke it after the match.
  • Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (C) defeated Mandy Rose and Dane Brooke to retain the Women's Tag Team Titles. Lana was watching at ringside but didn't get put through a table this week.
  • United States Champion Bobby Lashley defeate 24/7 Champion R-Truth in a match where the 24/7 title wasn't on the line. Lashley beat up Drew Gulak postmatch and put him on top of R-Truth to make Gulak the new 24/7 Champion.
  • Lucha House Party got intimidated backstage by AJ Styles' giant bouncer Jordan Omogbehin.
  • Nia Jax was interviewed backstage and declared Lana should leave the Women's Raw Team for Survivor Series or have her career ended.
  • AJ Styles, Sheamus and Keith Lee argued about who should be captain of the Men's Raw Team for Survivor Series. Braun Strowman wanted to be put on the team and in charge of it, and Adam Pearce told him he needed to win a triple threat against Keith Lee and Sheamus to earn a spot on the team.
  • Braun Strowman won a triple threat match against Keith Lee and Sheamus to earn a sport on the team. There was a brawl postmatch with everybody but AJ Styles getting kicked out of the ring.
  • Angel Garza offered a rose to a "special lady" out there in the WWE universe. Good for him.
  • Drew McIntyre was interviewed backstage and said he wanted the Fiend to "wait in line"
  • On the Firefly Funhouse, Bray Wyatt said,"Oh poo poo."
  • Nia Jax defeated Lana in a singles match, then put her through the announce table.
  • R-Truth almost walked into The Hurt Business backstage and went the other way.
  • The New Day bickered with The Hurt Business during a VIP Lounge segment.
  • Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander defeated The New Day in a non-title match.
  • Nikki Cross met Alexa Bliss backstage and was shocked that Alexa has white and red eyes. Okay.
  • Ricochet defeated Tucker in less than a minute. Tucker got no entrance and is now wearing utterly generic black tights. Retribution showed up post-match and beat up both Tucker AND Ricochet.
  • Sheamus bumped into Drew McIntyre backstage and gave his support for Drew's mission to beat the poo poo out of Randy Orton.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Miz and Morrison in a handicap match.
  • Randy Orton laid out Drew with an RKO, then the Fiend laughed to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 3, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

And that Fiend's name? Vincent Kennedy McMahon

And now we know... the rest of the story!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

I guess I was a fool to expect a Hell in a Cell match with a definite winner to be the blow off to the feud and should have expected that Drew and Orton would continue their feud for the eight month or whatever.

EDIT: https://streamable.com/f29xfy

Oh my God, I only read the description and I either missed or they didn't mention the bit about the tongue :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Preview of the next Firefly Funhouse has been leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360FUb_xh-I&t=61s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

we are getting closer and closer to Alexa becoming The GirlFiend

She stops appearing on the show and Bray explains she wrestles in Canada now for an indy you won't have heard of.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it's possible they do, because clearly keeping her from AEW would hurt AEW, and that's the whole point of them signing people right now. So if they have to give her some concessions, I think they would.

Read this as "give her some concussions" at first and didn't even blink.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That video of Triple H mocking fans because they'll always keep watching every week just gets better and better as time passes :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Results 11/4:
  • Detailed results here.
  • Dakota Kai defeated Ember Moon following distraction by Raquel Gonzalez.
  • Cameron Grimes was scared by a referee backstage.
  • KUSHIDA defeated Cameron Grimes by submission after Grimes got scared of the referee again.
  • Drake Maverick and Killian Dain defeated Ever-Rise by DQ after Pat McAfee lead Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch into an attack on Maverick/Dain.
  • McAfee cut a promo about The Undisputed Era and set fire to their banner, then all four beat the poo poo out of Dain when he tried to fight them as they left.
  • NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano played boardgames with Ghostface from the Scream movies.
  • Toni Storm defeated Shotzi Blackheart in a singles match after Shotzi was distracted by Candie LeRae.
  • Candice revealed she has stolen Shotzi's little tank. She and Ghostface from the Scream movies ran over the little tank in Candice's hummer.
  • Jake Atlas attacked Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoa with a steel pipe.
  • Timothy Thatcher got run off by Anthony Greene while doing one of his Thatch-as-Thatch-can torture sessions.
  • Xia Li revealed the letters from Boa are coming from her family, then demanded William Regal give her a match against Raquel Gonzalez.
  • Rhea Ripley accepted Io Shirai's offer to challenge for the NXT Women's Championship.
  • Tommaso Ciampa defeated credibly accused minor groomer Velveteen Dream in a singles match.
  • Show discussion here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

That these two WCW legend’s paths never crossed is a tremendous shame, think of the buyrate.

The WCW Cinematic Universe could have saved Ted Turner's crumbling wrassling empire.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If they keep doing what they did this week and just have him come out and beef it up, I'm fully onboard with Miro.

Edit: gently caress, this isn't the AEW thread!

So apparently Smackdown is going to be up going up against President-Elect Joe Biden holding a press conference, which means Fox is likely to air that instead of the show, and FS1 has a scheduled Nascar race so Smackdown might just get pre-empted entirely or end up on FS2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 11/6:
  • Detailed results here
  • Bayley did a backstage promo about how Sasha can never hold onto a title once won.
  • Sasha Banks (C) defeated Bayley to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship. The match was good but ended a little abruptly. Carmella attacked Sasha Banks post-match. Carmella.
  • Jey Uso took exception to a joke Kevin Owens made backstage in catering.
  • The Undertaker will make an appearance at Survivor Series for "a final farewell".
  • Jey Uso explained why he suddenly submitted to Roman last week. "I did what I had to do," was what he said. Then Heyman came and took him away.
  • Baron Corbin jumped Rey Mysterio backstage after he sent Dominik to find Aalyah.
  • Roman Reigns told off Jey Uso for not following "the chain of command" and insisted he teach Kevin Owens a lesson, then warned Paul Heyman he is supposed to handle "everything" so Roman doesn't have to.
  • Baron Corbin beat Rey Mysterio to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Team at Survivor Series. Seth Rollins attacked Dominik at ringside to distract Rey, and Aalyah came out with Buddy Murphy which further distracted Rey.
  • Ruby Riott submitted Zelina Vega to win a triple threat match with Nattie Neidhart, and earned a spot on the Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team. Nattie was incensed because she released the sharpshooter just before Zelina tapped.
  • BIG E told The Street Profits his advice for their Survivor Series match with The New Day was to lay down. They all laughed. Billie Kay then brought "Mr. Profits" her resume in case they wanted insider-info, and they reminded her they were all on Raw and were drafted to Smackdown at the same time.
  • Seth Rollins defeated Otis to qualify for the Smackdown Men's Survivor Series team, following Buddy Murphy distracting Otis. The Mysterios were watching backstage, and everybody was confused by this segment.
  • Seth thanked Buddy backstage, Aalyah yelled at Buddy, Buddy told Aalyah to trust him.
  • Michael Cole played an interview he had with literal white supremacist and sexpest Lars Sullivan, and Lars told stories about bullying people and making them eat bugs.
  • Jey Uso beat Kevin Owens in a singles match, headbutting Owens on the dick after Owens was distracted by Roman Reigns' music suddenly playing.
  • Jey left with Heyman, joining Roman Reigns at the top of the entrance ramp to close the show.
  • GDT Thread here

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 7, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey look, it's the question nobody asked (or dared to) during the booking meeting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy loving poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Plz don't probe me for full gear than you jru

I promise you that I absolutely will not probate you today, Quantum of Phallus... you know what, gently caress it, I won't probate ANYBODY!

Edit: Ahhh what a lousy snipe. Uhh.... I guess Linda McMahon just became part of the unemployment statistics for 2020?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I don't think the Yakuza games are all that interesting. :colbert:

Why would you do me like this, Cobi? :gonk:

Pylons posted:

quote:

WWE came under heavy fire of for their lack of COVID-19 testing in the initial stages, and we've heard a story related to that coming out of the AEW PPV this weekend. When discussing AEW COVID protocols with several AEW names, several told us that WWE stars visiting All Elite Wrestling for Double or Nothing in May actually claimed they got their first coronavirus tests from AEW the weekend of Double or Nothing, because otherwise they weren't permitted at the events or functions. Even after there were positive tests within WWE months prior, the company didn't do testing along the way until Mid-June.

I can't believe this company still manages to surprise me after all this time with their reckless and arrogant disregard for the wellbeing of their wrestlers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE is doing their “a democrat won” layoffs, 10-15 backstage guys fired including Tony Chimel :rip:

Unfortunately they simply had no choice in these difficult times of historic record high profits.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oh but seriously I posted:

he's a b+ player

The writers never write anything for BIG E because they think he's always hanging around, that's surely why Vince keeps bellowing,"BIG E IS NEAR!" from the far-off end of the writer's table.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

sadly Alexa never learned to blink morse code.

Vince: Matt Riddle is accused of rape, Austin Theory and Velveteen Dream tried to groom minors, we have horribly mishandled COVID, we fired a bunch of people despite record profits, and we've attempted to monetize our wrestlers' real names and started paying them out of their own money!
Stanley Motss: This is NOTHING!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 11/9:
  • Detailed results here.
  • On MizTV, Miz and Morrison assured WWE Champion Randy Orton they just wanted a shot at the tag titles. They easily beat up New Day when they showed up, then Miz took out Drew McIntyre with a cheapshot with the briefcase while he was fighting Randy Orton.
  • Elias tried to sing a song, but Jeff Hardy interrupted him.
  • Literal accused rapist Matt Riddle (known now only as Riddle) beat Jeff Hardy and Elias in a Second Chance Triple Threat match to be added to the last slot on the Raw Survivor Series Men's Team. Riddle pinned Elias.
  • Sheamus and Braun Strowman argued with AJ Styles backstage about the Survivor Series Men's Team.
  • Mustafa Ali cut a backstage promo about Ricochet backstage. 24/7 Champion Drew Gulak got beat up by The Hurt Business after trying to join them, and R-Truth pinned him to win the title. Nobody from The Hurt Business or some random backstage production crewmember wandering around bothered to pin Drew while he was down.
  • A video package about Veteran's Day aired.
  • Shayna Baszler defeated Lana in a singles match. Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose got in Nia's face post-match and refused to let her put Lana through a table. Backstage they told Lana they didn't care about her but just wanted to send a message to Nia and Shayna.
  • The Raw Men's Survivor Series Team argued in the ring and AJ Styles yelled at them that they'd lose to Smackdown if they didn't work together. That would be bad because then... nothing will happen, there will be no consequences or penalties of any sort.
  • Matt Riddle and Keith Lee defeated Sheamus and Braun Strowman in a tag match guest refereed by AJ Styles. The most notable part of the match was AJ's giant bodyguard getting into the ring to square off with Keith Lee and Braun... then they went to commercial break, and came back to the bodyguard just back at ringside and Lee and Braun already tagged out.
  • Alexa Bliss told Nikki Cross backstage that she chooses Bray Wyatt over Nikki.
  • It was announced Hurt Business' Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin will get a tag titles shot against the New Day next week.
  • Bobby Lashley (C) defeated Titus O'Neil by submission to retain the United States Championship. Lashley got Titus into the Hurt Lock while on the ropes but the ref never broke up the hold.
  • Drew McIntyre calmed down an irate Sheamus backstage and promised they'd go get drinks after the show tonight.
  • Asuka defeated Nia Jax by DQ when Shayna attacked Asuka. Lana got put through a table.
  • Angel Garza did a backstage promo.
  • R-Truth had to defend his 24/7 Championship in a 7-man match. Every single person in the match won the title. The order of new Champions went Tozawa, Ivar, Drew Gulak, Tucker, Drew Gulak, Tucker, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado and finally R-Truth.
  • Mustafa Ali defeated Ricochet in a singles match, after Ricochet got distracted taking out the entirety of the male members of Retribution at ringside. This marks the FIRST win for any member of Retribution. Ever.
  • Adam Pearce informed a furious Randy Orton he had to defend his title against Drew McIntyre on the Raw before Survivor Series.
  • Drew McIntyre and The New Day defeated Randy Orton, Miz & Morrison in a six-man tag. Drew got the pin on Morrison after Randy Orton walked out of the match. Two of the commentators mistook Xavier Woods for Kofi Kingston.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'm still waiting for you to do a completely fake set of results one week with the same names all swapped around and see if anyone on this forum actually notices because every week their booking looks the same anyway

It's just the same mad libs sheet every week with the names jumbled up

WWE actually went out of business in November of 2017, and I keep waiting for somebody to call me on it... I'm in too deep now! :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince McMahon? His real name is Reg Hennesey, he owns a small accounting firm in Reseda and enjoying cycling on the weekends. But every so often he makes a little extra scratch doing a few photo shoots and video packages playing a recurring character who critics have called,"Monstrously poorly written" and "nothing resembling an actual human and his thought processes at all".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

gonna admit the first thing i did upon seeing this post was ctrl+f for 'table'

"D-Von!"
"....what!?!"
"GET THE TABLES!"
the crowd erupts in cheers, but then slowly become confused and agitated as D-Von staggers weeping through the wreckage of Lana's push, desperately searching for a whole table for 2 hours. Raw wins the Golden Lion at Venice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

He debuted on the 9/9 and she went threw a table 1 1/2 weeks later on 9/21 for the first time and has every week since. Which is 8 weeks and going strong!

Which might be the most consistent story going in the WWE (beyond the weird Rey/Seth feud).

Watch WWE put a supercut of all the times she does on youtube in a few weeks that's 10 minutes long

I didn't mention it in the recap but they actually had the commentators bring it up and show video with a little number on each segment to show how many times she'd been put through a table.

I think Vince started it as a way to... teach Miro a lesson somehow? and now it's just become a running gag and "the thing we do with Lana" and Vince has probably forgotten WHY he started it, he just knows that there are some immutable facts to writing a wrestling show, and one of them is that Lana has to go through a table.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 11/16:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Drew McIntyre opened the show to talk poo poo about Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. Randy Orton talked poo poo back from the Titantron. Miz and Morrison came out to talk poo poo to Drew.
  • A replay of all 8 times that Lana has been put through a table by Lana. Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax warned Lana not to tag in during their six-woman tag tonight.
  • Asuka, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke defeated Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax and Lana in a six-woman tag. Lana was submitted after tagged herself in when Shayna looked to have Asuka beaten. Nia Jax put Lana through a table.
  • AJ Styles and the Raw Men's Team argued backstage and AJ found out for the first time his bodyguard speaks English. AJ also suggested a "tune-up" tonight against Retribution, whose stable so far has one victory to their record.
  • One of Bray Wyatt's puppets beat up a Miz Funko Pop.
  • Retribution's Mia Yim assaulted Dana Brooke backstage as she was fretting over Mandy Rose's shoulder injury.
  • On Firefly Funhouse, Alexa Bliss introduced Bray Wyatt who warned Miz not to cross him.
  • The New Day told The Hurt Business that they should be called The Jerk Business. They weren't eating lots of shrimp during this segment though.
  • Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke were reported as both injured and unable to compete at Survivor Series.
  • The New Day (C) defeated The Hurt Business (Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander) to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles.
  • Sheamus wished Drew McIntyre good luck backstage for his shot at the title tonight, and gave him a sword.
  • Mustafa Ali and Mia Yim cut promos backstage for Retribution against AJ Styles and Team Raw.
  • Retribution defeated Team Raw (without AJ) in an 8-Man tag. Matt Riddle was pinned by Mustafa Ali. This is only the second win Retribution has to their name since being "signed".
  • Nikki Cross was interviewed backstage about Alexa Bliss. Jeff Hardy was angry about fliers put up by Elias accusing him of drunkenly running him over with a car.
  • Jeff threatened Elias backstage to stop accusing him of loving him up, or he would gently caress him up.
  • Miz did an in-ring promo, Alexa Bliss came out to intro Bray Wyatt and ended up brawling with Nikki Cross until Bray showed up.
  • Bray Wyatt defeated The Miz in a singles match, with Alexa Bliss being involved at ringside. The Fiend's music played as they were leaving the ring and the lights cut off... directly into commentary cheerily talking about upcoming matches.
  • AdWeek added Stephanie McMahon to their Most Powerful Women in Sports List.
  • Adam Pearce named Lacey Evans and Peyton Royce as being added to Team Raw's Women Survivor Series team.
  • Asuka was interviewed backstage. Angel Garza did another promo about giving a rose to any female viewers.
  • Mark Henry was watching on a Thunderdome Screen for Drew vs. Orton, which commentary kept insisting was a "main event worthy of Wrestlemania".
  • Randy Orton wasn't able to get counted out of his title defense against Drew, because WWE Management - who in storyline favor Randy and keep giving him chances - personified by Adam Pearce refused to let him leave and informed him the match was no-countout or DQ and there must be a winner.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Randy Orton (C) to become the new WWE Champion.
  • Drew will now face Universal Champion Roman Reigns at Survivor Series.
  • GDT Discussion here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Men's Survivor Series Match: Team Raw (AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, Sheamus, Keith Lee, and riddle) vs. Team Smackdown (Jey Uso, Seth Rollins, King Corbin, Kevin Owens, TBD)

It did not occur to me that the men's Smackdown team isn't getting their last member till two days before the PPV :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Lana got put through a table

Vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It has literally fueled 4 years of meaningless incarnations of “The Club” and too sweet gestures between Finn and various former members in WWE

This is tangential but the post reminded me of this:

:laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

He had won the greatest victory, the one over himself.

He was just happy to be here.

Ricochet's new Finisher name: A Gin-Soaked Tear

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was after his match with Roman Reigns, which looking it up was in 2017 at Wrestlemania 33.

Since then he had Wrestlemania matches with John Cena and AJ Styles.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Did Lesnar tell Vince to gently caress off and never show up again?

I think Lesnar quite correctly realized it doesn't make any goddamn sense for him to appear without live crowds and look like just another dude in Vince McMahon's custom fetish video warehouse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Results 11/18:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Leon Ruff (C) retained his North American Title by DQ when Damian Priest apologetically attacked him to get Johnny Gargano disqualified.
  • Cameron Grimes cut a promo about Dexter Lumis.
  • Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis in a blindfold match went to no-contest when Grimes accidentally beat up the ref, took off his blindfold then ran away from a similarly unblindfolded Lumis.
  • Leon Ruff slapped Damian Priest backstage for disrespecting him, William Regal told Priest he deserved it.
  • Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell defeated Kayden Carter & Kacy Catanzaro in a tag match.
  • Arturo Ruas got a hype package for his return.
  • Arturo Ruas got beaten clean by KUSHIDA in a singles match.
  • Ember Moon and Toni Storm defeated Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez in a tag match. Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell attacked Ember and Toni postmatch.
  • Timothy Thatcher defeated August Grey in a singles match. Thatcher and Ciampa had a brief confrontation post-match.
  • Johnny Gargano jumped Damian Priest from behind on his way to the ring for a match. Leon Ruff came to his aid, accidentally hit Priest, but was then able to knock Gargano and an angry Priest out of the ring and pose with his belt before escaping.
  • Ruff told William Regal he would defend his title against both Gargano AND Priest.
  • Kevin Owens will replace Wade Barrett for one week on commentary next week.
  • William Regal went to Boa's arms to see why he hadn't come to the PC in a week. Boa warned him that "she" was coming.
  • Io Shirai (C) defeated Rhea Ripley to retain her NXT Women's Championship.
  • NXT Champion Finn Balor returned for a promo but was cut off by Pat McAfee and the Kings of NXT. They tried to surround him, but Balor shut off the lights, brought them back up and revealed The Undisputed Era had returned.
  • The Undisputed Era brawled with the Kings of NXT to end the show. Wargames is on December 6th.
  • Show Discussion starts here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

I might be the only person who remembers this but Arturo Ruas was drafted to Raw last month and made 0 appearances before going back to NXT.

To be fair, he's probably making the same amount of money either way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That ad is overwritten (so a good example of WWE writing I guess), I consolidated it somewhat:

quote:

WWE LOOKING FOR A LEAD WRITER TO OVERSEE RAW AND SMACKDOWN
By Steven Fernandes on 2020-11-18 21:12:00

WWE posted the following job opening:

Lead Writer
WWE develops and produces 52 weeks of original programming including Monday Night RAW, the longest running weekly episodic television show in history airing on USA, and Friday Night SmackDown airing in primetime every Friday night on FOX. Both RAW and SmackDown combine action, drama, reality, comedy and adventure and the goal of the creative team is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television!

The Lead Writer will have the opportunity to waste their time doing a bunch of bullshit that gets thrown out at the last second by Vince McMahon.

Key Responsibilities:
Taking the blame when Vince's last second ideas fall apart like a flimsy pillar of oatmeal.

Requirements:
A willingness to quickly forget your dreams and just put up with Vince's bullshit until he fires you or you manage to find another gig.